Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the only game i own on that list is castle crashers. which one of the other games do you recommend i buy? and yes i actually do NOT own super meat boy....

[quote name='Kaltic']And if anyone didn't notice he only lists 10 of the 11 offers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I thought I counted 11.

Also, let's try not to thread crap the deals. Some CAG might get their first 360 for Xmas and really love these deals.

I'm sure this sale will have something for everyone. Add up the DotW, the BlazBlue stuff, the random things still on sale, the 2011 countdown sale, and 2 items (& Zune Movie) daily, and this sale is HUGE!

I really hope Minerva's Den is discounted one day. Also I've been waiting for a cheap price on Mirror's Edge DLC. I've held onto the game for ages to play the dlc but I do not want to pay $10 for it when the game only cost me $5

countdown to near years sales my ass, most of that stuff has been discounted for about the same price throughout the year and yes, I have all of those items. hope the one day/daily sales are alot better than this recycled stuff. Bioshock 2 dlc would be nice, although it was on sale once already and I missed it and didn't have the game at the time.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It's a shame Banjo Tooie will be on sale again, but not Banjo Kazooie. That's the only one I don't own.[/QUOTE]

Same here. This is at least the second time they've put Tooie on sale, and still they refuse to put Kazooie on sale for some head-scratching reason.

Wow, Undergarden dropped and at 50% fast... is Comic Jumper still included in the December points deal or does it end before month end?

I may get Comic Jumper, really not too interested in that one though. And the Borderlands even though I still haven't even started the Secret Armory DLC. All I REALLY want is a deal on Limbo, I've been waiting for a sale on that since it came out.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']My despair about MTG pack 3 continues to grow : ([/QUOTE]

+1

Did you know the PS3 version got another DLC update this week? For $.99 each you can foil out any of the original 8 decks.

[quote name='rapsodist']Same here. This is at least the second time they've put Tooie on sale, and still they refuse to put Kazooie on sale for some head-scratching reason.[/QUOTE]

It's the second time they've put a few of the titles on sale actually. Kind of disappointing in that regard. They need to lower the price of some of the older content (Metal Slug 3 specifically).

MajorNelson just updated his blog. There are only supposed to be those 10 items. The 11 was a misprint.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It's the second time they've put a few of the titles on sale actually. Kind of disappointing in that regard. They need to lower the price of some of the older content (Metal Slug 3 specifically).[/QUOTE]

I think they decided to stop permanently price dropping arcade games so they can just give them temporary drops in the deals of the week. I mean when was the last time the added to the Arcade hits? A year ago?

If you don't feel like waiting for Meat Boy, Gamestop should have it for 10.00 in store.

Nothing for me of the 11...well maybe Carcassone. I stupidly missed it when it was free :(

Excited for the surprise games.

I'm a silver member and don't have any of those games. Should I get Toy Soldiers + both expansions for a total of $20? Is Castle Crashers worth 7.50? I don't want any games that are multiplayer centric unless they are offline multiplayer since I"m a silver member. Are Castle Crashers and Risk Factions online multiplayer mostly?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Maybe Undergarden for me... Excited about the other deals : )[/QUOTE]

I'm excited to see if there will be 80% off deals on Christmas and/or New Years Day like they did on black Friday.

Question: I bought super meat boy through steam when it was on a pre-order sale, but it won't be out on mac until Late January. I bought it for the CPU exclusive level editor and I have a wired controller.

Is it worth double dipping on the XBLA?

Edit: I have a mac

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='typical guy']I'm a silver member and don't have any of those games. Should I get Toy Soldiers + both expansions for a total of $20? Is Castle Crashers worth 7.50? I don't want any games that are multiplayer centric unless they are offline multiplayer since I"m a silver member. Are Castle Crashers and Risk Factions online multiplayer mostly?[/QUOTE]

While you should just pony up and get a Gold subscription on sale sometime, Castle Crashers is the same game online or offline. Its local multiplayer is great. It's a long, fun, all-around awesome game.

[quote name='tunavi']Question: I bought super meat boy through steam when it was on a pre-order sale, but it won't be out on mac until Late January. I bought it for the CPU exclusive level editor and I have a wired controller.

Is it worth double dipping on the XBLA?[/QUOTE]

Meat boy is my favorite XBLA title of the year, so I would say it's absolutely worth it. I dunno if the "Teh Internets" levels are exclusive to xbox though, the only thing I know is that Gish is exclusive to the platform. He sticks to walls like Goo and Headcrab.

I don't understand it
It says

Here is a preview of the 10 deals and their discounted price that will be available December 21 – December 31

Are these the daily deals major talked about or am i missing something. Major says something about suprise offers, are those the daily deals?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']For any Fable III players, there is some free DLC available right now. Not sure how long this will last since it's Christmas-themed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I forgot to mention that

[quote name='Kaltic']MajorNelson just updated his blog. There are only supposed to be those 10 items. The 11 was a misprint.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will fix it.

[quote name='Stephan123']I don't understand it
It says

Here is a preview of the 10 deals and their discounted price that will be available December 21 – December 31

Are these the daily deals major talked about or am i missing something. Major says something about suprise offers, are those the daily deals?[/QUOTE]

Here is the whole paragraph:

Celebrate the countdown to the New Year on Xbox LIVE.
Get ready for your New Year’s Celebration with great entertainment and daily special offers from Xbox LIVE. From December 21 through December 31, we’ll have a new Xbox LIVE Marketplace deal every day. I’ll be posting the daily deals here on my blog and on twitter. In addition to the surprise daily offers, we’ll host 10 unique offers (see below) that will be available for the duration of the campaign.

I also make a point of mentioning there are two sales in the OP. If it's not clear, please let me know what I can do to make it so.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, but it has been asked a couple times and answered just as many. It was understandable when I was just updating the OP, but not when it was answered and the OP update is out. I want to make sure the OP is not confusing anyone, or if people are just faceplaming

[quote name='seanr1221']If you don't feel like waiting for Meat Boy, Gamestop should have it for 10.00 in store[/QUOTE]

Thanks...tempted...but I believe they charge tax on the DLC? And I get my points 10% off at work so would be 9 dollars vs 10 if they don't charge tax on the digital content. Meh I can wait.

Very tempted to buy the Makoto DLC simply because I love underboobs. I don't have BlazBlue though, and it might be a while until I do. Not sure if it's worth it at the moment. >_

Banjo Tooie, Comic Jumper, Undergarden, are 100 % MINE- I was hoping Lara Croft aracade game too.. Beggers can't be choosers. I suppose. I am on the fence w/ Borderlands-Claptrap New Rev- I own the other dlc except the Mad Moxxi-which I didn't get cuz the grind sounded..not fun..

@reddjoy-No your post is very clear! People can just go to Major Nelson's page to read the same thing.. BTW: Thanks for doing such an awesome job on this-this is one of the best threads that I always look forward to!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent about Banjo Tooie. Loved Banjo Kazooie back in the day. Think it's time I played Banjo Tooie as well. Comic Jumper is tempting, but I think I'll get it down the road.

I have a 1600 Pts card and want to get Banjo Tooie and Limbo out of it. Good to see Banjo Tooie on sale. Maybe I'll get SMB instead of Limbo. Hmm what to do.

We don't know for sure that Limbo is going to be on sale, but due to the infrequency that Banjo Tooie has been on sale (ever?), I'm leaping all over that one. Limbo seems like the kind of game that will be on sale again and again.

Speaking of, shouldn't another sale on The Maw be coming again? ;)

[quote name='tbassett']I have a 1600 Pts card and want to get Banjo Tooie and Limbo out of it. Good to see Banjo Tooie on sale. Maybe I'll get SMB instead of Limbo. Hmm what to do.[/QUOTE]

Get Super Meat boy instead of limbo

[quote name='utopianmachine']Speaking of, shouldn't another sale on The Maw be coming again? ;)[/QUOTE]

If the DLC goes on sale with it, I'm for it.

Well now I'm just mad. Super Meat Boy on sale? I tried to buy it the last day of its release sale but MS had already changed the price per GMT timezone (wtf?), so I got it for 1200 and tried to get it adjusted per Team Meat's suggestion. That failed, I haven't played it, and now it's on sale again. Yay!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Well now I'm just mad. Super Meat Boy on sale? I tried to buy it the last day of its release sale but MS had already changed the price per GMT timezone (wtf?), so I got it for 1200 and tried to get it adjusted per Team Meat's suggestion. That failed, I haven't played it, and now it's on sale again. Yay![/QUOTE]

Well you helped support indie developers and that game is incredible. You should start playing it

do the revealed games match up to the hints that were in OXM? otherwise they might be hinting at the secret sales, so limbo still plausible

Not sure what I'll buy for the weekly sale. Comic Jumper I see myself getting, but the rest, dunno. Good games for sure, but I can't seem to get into Risk Factions. Toy Soldiers is tower defense and while one of the better ones, I was never a fan of defense games for the most part. Castle Crashers is one of the few other ones I don't have. Seemed decent from the demo but already have some beat em ups and don't recall it standing out. Have to try out Undergarden though. Doesn't seem like anything spectacular from watching youtube, but it may be one of those games you just have to see in action.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I just got an email for 100 microsoft points FREE! 'welcome to the games for windows letter.' now go play. I didn't wanna make a new thread, but enjoy![/QUOTE]

Ya, got the same, only thing Ill get with it is The Maw DLC

[quote name='intoxicated662']I just got an email for 100 microsoft points FREE! 'welcome to the games for windows letter.' now go play. I didn't wanna make a new thread, but enjoy![/QUOTE]

I got it too. There was a thread a month or two ago. Only the first certain nujmber of people that registered got the points.

Turn out the lights for this delight! (Blacklight Tango Down? or LIMBO?)
First game I thought of was Haunted House. Probably too recent a release though.
[quote name='intoxicated662']I just got an email for 100 microsoft points FREE![/QUOTE]
Oh, the newsletter points went out? Wasn't expecting those before Christmas.
Thx for the heads up...gonna go check inbox now.

I got 100 points on all 20 of my accounts.

[quote name='gordojones88']I got 100 points on all 20 of my accounts.[/QUOTE]

I kinda wanna be mad, but all I can do is shake my head and congratulate you on your foresight.

In for the Claptrap DLC, Carcassone and maybe The Undergarden. I have everything else on the list except for Comic Jumper (not interested at all). I didn't need to hear that Carcassone was once free, though.

I'm looking forward to what the daily deals will bring us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back