Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
got Banjo Tooie and Super Meat Boy. Happy to get those games for 1400 pts. The only other game I want to get is Limbo which looks like it will be on sale the 31st. I'll need to pick up some more pts.

Well I've already got the Undead Nightmare disc on my amazon wish list, so I'll probably be getting that for Christmas or my (January) birthday. But I'll get the silly avatar glasses.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Shrike I can't tell if this is a question but I'll answer it as one anyway. In most cases items that you have paid for but are no longer "available" can still be downloaded to a new system through your purchase history. I know this to be true for titles such as MK3. I can't speak specifically to MUA content but my guess would be it's the same. I do however have items on my purchase history that say "No longer available for download" or something to that effect and I can't figure out what they were. I think in my case they are mostly trailers for the terminator TV series so probably nothing to worry about but you never know![/QUOTE]When I swapped systems at the beginning of the year and went through my download history, there were a number of items that came up as "No longer available". Not sure what they were. I'm hoping that the MUA1/2 DLC doesn't end up that way on 01/01/11.

All of the on sale stuff including the Avatar gear/movies/add on is in the contest on xbl. (Dont know if this is old news)

edit guess it was

[quote name='probin74243']A huge sale with no Trials HD or MTG... weird.[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I was hoping to finally pick up some Trials HD DLC. Ah well. I'm sure it'll be on sale again. ;)

I'll be in for Lara croft, limbo, alan wake dlc, and the shadow broker. I think I may have stocked up on too many points this year. A little disappointed in the sales this year, or maybe it's cause I already own almost every game I might would want already.

I'll be grabbing more DLC than games.

Got Undead Nightmares today, will get Shadow Broker, Noble Pack and maybe The Signal.

As for XBLA games I'll get sonic adventure, maybe Carcassone.

[quote name='Blade3D']I'll be in for Lara croft, limbo, alan wake dlc, and the shadow broker. I think I may have stocked up on too many points this year. A little disappointed in the sales this year, or maybe it's cause I already own almost every game I might would want already.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have nearly 28,000 points just sitting in my closet, waiting to be spent.

Guys what do you think about undead nightmare.. I'm contemplating it as I have a big backlog and don't even have red dead redemption. (but i know i will eventually get it)

I'm just thinking if i wait and they come out with a GOTY version and its cheaper combined, if that would be better...

damn was hoping for deathspank, costume quest, or a cheaper comic jumper ($10 still seems too much). i have pretty much everything else i wanted (risk, castle crashers, risk factions, borderlands and me2 dlc). might look into the fable 3 dlc.

Ended up getting more DLC than games this morning.

Got Undead Redemption Collection, New Vegas DLC, Undergarden, and Disturbia for Dance Central.

Interested in getting XBLA Sonic 2. I was interested in Sonic Adventure, but I think I'm just going to wait for that Dreamcast Collection instead.

if you arent going to play red dead any time soon just hold out.
if you own red dead already undead nightmare is awesome :) and well worth the points.

i nabbed toy soldiers and comic jumper.

prob get some me 2 dlc when it goes up but i will be checking everyday and burning thru my surplus of points im sure.

thanks op

[quote name='Ryuukishi']After Burner Climax for me!

Has anyone seen any reviews/feedback on Hydrophobia Pure yet?[/QUOTE]

I've just read on the industry news sites that the company really took the criticism and feedback to heart and wants to release a better version. I'm going to pick it up when it drops as I really support their development attitude.

I am very excited about purchasing the Mass Effect 2 DLC, I have been waiting such a long time to get my hands on "Lair of the Shadow Broker"
Thank You OP

[quote name='midloo']I've just read on the industry news sites that the company really took the criticism and feedback to heart and wants to release a better version. I'm going to pick it up when it drops as I really support their development attitude.[/QUOTE]

Is it going to be a whole new game? Or is it going to be a dlc/patch type thing? I was going to pick this up but now hearing about this I'm not so sure.

[quote name='chimpian']if you arent going to play red dead any time soon just hold out.[/QUOTE]

Hold out for what? Note how long it took for them to put out a GTAIV: Complete Edition.

[quote name='shrike4242']When I swapped systems at the beginning of the year and went through my download history, there were a number of items that came up as "No longer available". Not sure what they were. I'm hoping that the MUA1/2 DLC doesn't end up that way on 01/01/11.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think you'll want to make sure to use the transfer cable instead of redownloading everything if you're concerned about that. There was a bunch of videos I could no longer redownload when I did the same thing this summer, the most noticable ones being the stuff released with Ninja Gaiden II (Ask a Ninja, 2-part documentary.) I also still have the first and last part of the E307 press conference because I wanted to keep Corporeal's performance (it's gone now as well.)

i got the red dead redemption undead nightmare collection for 1200 msp. i bought red dead redemption + the undead nightmare collection on disc the other day off amazon for 47 but i didn't open the dlc disc and am just going to return that and use the actual dlc. i also got the free glasses and premium theme. if all of those xbla games in the list posted go on sale i am in for sure for:
monday night combat
perfect dark
limbo
and maybes on:
lara croft
castlevanie : harmony of despair
super meat boy
toy soldiers
comic jumper
hydrophobia

Got 800 points from Bing Rewards today, so sitting pretty for this week. I kind of laughed when I saw the list of content for the contest this morning, like, why even bother with the secrecy of the daily deals? I'm sure there will be one or two surprises, but c'mon.

For those that have played Comic Jumper, how difficult does the game get? I dont want to buy it then not be able to finish it because it ramps up to some crazy difficulty level. TIA

[quote name='HDShadow']Anyone vouch if Spy Next Door was good? That thing was filmed across the street from my high school awhile ago, wanted to hear about it.[/QUOTE]

I did a redbox rental with that, both me and my nieces were kind of bored by it. A few slapstick style gags, and a couple of funny Jackie Chan speaks bad English moments, but definetly a $1 rental movie in my opinion.

I'm for sure in on Perfect Dark, maybe Lara, strong chance of shadow broker and Monday Night Combat. Hoping against hope that the Noble Map Pack being in that list means we maybe see a discount on that this week. And if the Sonic games go cheap enough I might bite. The question today though is if I do Undead or not? I already have Red Dead, but haven't even played it yet. The other DLC's don't really interest me... decisions...

[quote name='Brother Daz']For those that have played Comic Jumper, how difficult does the game get? I dont want to buy it then not be able to finish it because it ramps up to some crazy difficulty level. TIA[/QUOTE]

From what I hear it's pretty damn difficult. Download the demo. You can tell by the shooting sections that the game is pretty unforgiving.

[quote name='Brother Daz']For those that have played Comic Jumper, how difficult does the game get? I dont want to buy it then not be able to finish it because it ramps up to some crazy difficulty level. TIA[/QUOTE]

Not very to be honest. You can check point to check point it if need be and there is an option in the menu system to make the aiming a bit forgiving.

I loved the game for 1200 MSP.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']What's the source of the Sega list for the 30th? Just what Sega discounted for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

It's speculation based off the list of content from the Countdown to New Years Sweepstakes.

Thanks for all the kind words guys

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/countdown2011/home

The website confirmed all of the content for tomorrow's sale. The game on sale will indeed be Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for 50% off (600 points). The Pet Monkey will be the Avatar accessory, also 50% off, and the movie will be 13 Going On 30 for 50%.

Apologies if this was posted already but I figured with a confirmed source, reddjoey can put this info on the front page.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Hold out for what? Note how long it took for them to put out a GTAIV: Complete Edition.[/QUOTE]

30 months after initial release, 1 year after release of Ballad of Gay Tony so if you want to wait that long then go ahead. That's what you face this generation, get it now on sale or wait a year to get more content for the standard MSRP.

[quote name='dumlaox']http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/countdown2011/home

The website confirmed all of the content for tomorrow's sale. The game on sale will indeed be Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for 50% off (600 points). The Pet Monkey will be the Avatar accessory, also 50% off, and the movie will be 13 Going On 30 for 50%.

Apologies if this was posted already but I figured with a confirmed source, reddjoey can put this info on the front page.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was updating as you posted :cool:

[quote name='dumlaox']http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/countdown2011/home

Apologies if this was posted already but I figured with a confirmed source, reddjoey can put this info on the front page.[/QUOTE]

thanks for that link. time to queue up the trial of lara croft and see if i like it. i wonder if its safe to assume that all of the other 1200 point games that "should" be on sale are going to be 50% off (600 points) as well rather than 560 points, 400 points or 800 points like some of them have been in the past.

[quote name='Amblix']I have the feeling Undead collections retail will be down to $10 in a couple months, willing to wait it out. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I was thinking, but I really only want the zombies part, so decisions, decisions.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I'm for sure in on Perfect Dark, maybe Lara, strong chance of shadow broker and Monday Night Combat. Hoping against hope that the Noble Map Pack being in that list means we maybe see a discount on that this week. And if the Sonic games go cheap enough I might bite. The question today though is if I do Undead or not? I already have Red Dead, but haven't even played it yet. The other DLC's don't really interest me... decisions...[/QUOTE]

If you have any interest at all in playing multiplayer poker, liar's dice, or horse racing, or want extra missions and hunting grounds then definately get the combo pack for $15. The Legends and Killers pack is kinda throwaway, just the tomahawk weapon and extra multiplayer skins. Liars and Cheats has everything I previously mentioned, and Undead Nightmare is of course the single-player expansion and 1 new multiplayer mode.

[quote name='MSUHitman']30 months after initial release, 1 year after release of Ballad of Gay Tony so if you want to wait that long then go ahead. That's what you face this generation, get it now on sale or wait a year to get more content for the standard MSRP.[/QUOTE]

tlad is the only dlc for gta iv to ever go on sale, how come? am waiting for tbogt to go on sale finally and it never has. I already own tlad dlc I purchased and don't wanna buy the game disc for both of them. hope they release some non-popular mainstream games for this sale too.

Lara Croft is a great and a great deal at 600 points. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Whatever you do, though, don't pay for any of the DLC. That stuff is a rip off. The first one might still be free - not sure, but it's barely worth downloading even for free.

[quote name='crunchewy']Lara Croft is a great and a great deal at 600 points. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Whatever you do, though, don't pay for any of the DLC. That stuff is a rip off. The first one might still be free - not sure, but it's barely worth downloading even for free.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks! I'm just glad there's no achievements associated with the DLC.

Borderlands and Undead Nightmare for me. Sheesh I was hoping I could just enjoy the holidays and not get sucked into deals on CAG, but it looks like I'll be checking this every day and spending more money! :S

Will the cycle ever end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back