Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw a youtube vid of the Kane & Lynch character pack for PC, they replace the models of Lara and her buddy but the voices are still the same. don't know if that holds true to the xbox version...as Lara Croft's voice coming out of a man's body is kinda wrong.

Does anyone else feel like MS has kinda fallen into a rut with these sales? The leaked arcade game list is just Summer of Arcade titles plus Sonic and PD. Excepting Undergarden and Comic Jumper, both too new to count really, every game in the long promotion has been on sale already.

I get that it's easier/better for them to put their own or highly rated shit on sale, but there's not a thing surprising here. Half the fun of christmas is getting surprised! Or something. I unno... Basically what I'm saying is I wish they would put Flock! on sale.

[quote name='100xp']saw a youtube vid of the Kane & Lynch character pack for PC, they replace the models of Lara and her buddy but the voices are still the same. don't know if that holds true to the xbox version...as Lara Croft's voice coming out of a man's body is kinda wrong.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'd re-voice the characters

[quote name='Defendthestar31']Would you guys reccomend Tomb raider or castle crashers if you only had 600 points left?[/QUOTE]
I'd say get both, but it mostly depends on how many people are you going to be playing with?

1-2 people -> Lara Croft
3-4 people -> Castle Crashers

Lara Croft is a better game, one of the best co-op games I've played, and I enjoyed it a lot more. Castle Crashers is fun, but gets old quick. But you can play Castle Crashers with 3 other people, and it's easy enough to play that you can play it with your 6 year old.

Alan Wake - The Signal comes free with any new copies of Alan Wake, correct? So if I plan to get Alan Wake in the future, I should only download The Writer?

[quote name='kidrocklive']I doubt they'd re-voice the characters[/QUOTE]

I have the Kane & Lynch pack for Lara Croft on PS3 and they definitely have Kane & Lynch's voices, complete with a ton of cursing (though it is bleeped out). It's actually kind of funny.

There *may* be an upcoming sale on certain SNK games to correlate with the release of Trouble Witches NEO!

From SNK's facebook page... http://www.facebook.com/SNKPonXBLA#!
//This Winter
TROUBLE WITCHES NEO!

//Now On Sale
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
KOF SKY STAGE
NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM
METAL SLUG XX
THE KING OF FIGHTERS’98 ULTIMATE MATCH
GAROU ~MARK OF THE WOLVES~
SAMURAI SHODOWN II
METAL SLUG 3
FATAL FURY SPECIAL

I'm not sure if "on sale" means that they are going on sale, or that they meant to say "for sale". We'll see in the upcoming weeks I suppose.

The Laura Croft game is a great co-op game, but can anyone tell me what happened to its Challenge Pack 2 DLC? (Not to hijack the thread or anything) Was there ever a Challenge Pack 2 for it? XBL just shows Challenge Pack 1 and 3 available.

[quote name='lazyb']the party pack add on for "burnout paradise" it also 50% off at 400 points.[/QUOTE]

Apparently it's all on sale.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Big Surf Island for 560 (was 1000)
Time Savers Pack for 400 (was 800)
Party for 400 (was 800)
Toy Collection for 400 (was 1000)
Legendary Cars Collection for 400 (was 640)
Cops & Robbers for 400 (was 800)
Boost Specials Collection for 400 (was 640)

There are also the Toy Collections 1 and 2 for 400 each (were 480) but I believe those are both made redundant by the other Toy Collection (no number).
[/FONT]

[quote name='mtxbass1']There *may* be an upcoming sale on certain SNK games to correlate with the release of Trouble Witches NEO!

I'm not sure if "on sale" means that they are going on sale, or that they meant to say "for sale". We'll see in the upcoming weeks I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope that comes to pass! I'd buy Metal Slug XX and KOF Sky Stage on sale in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Indiana']How about they put the COD MOW2 Map packs on sale? They have been out for a year and no sale?[/QUOTE]

they were on sale half price like 2 months ago...during the time the spend 2400 points, get 800 point rebate promo microsoft had i believe.

Does anyone know which Alan Wake DLC is actually worth getting? It seems there is going to be sale (not sure how much) but it does look good. I am considering getting The Writer DLC but I am not sure if it is better than the second DLC.

If the 28th really is the ME2 DLC I'm quite glad that I passed on buying it. Hopefully it's 50% off again, I'll buy it all if that's the case.

[quote name='aosora13']Does anyone know which Alan Wake DLC is actually worth getting? It seems there is going to be sale (not sure how much) but it does look good. I am considering getting The Writer DLC but I am not sure if it is better than the second DLC.[/QUOTE]

Both are very solid. The writer is great. You should have gotten the signal for free with Alan Wake if you bought new.

[quote name='mightymek']I have the Kane & Lynch pack for Lara Croft on PS3 and they definitely have Kane & Lynch's voices, complete with a ton of cursing (though it is bleeped out). It's actually kind of funny.[/QUOTE]

Really? I wished they would have done the same for the Kain & Raziel pack.

[quote name='jdb230']they were on sale half price like 2 months ago...during the time the spend 2400 points, get 800 point rebate promo microsoft had i believe.[/QUOTE]
I dont remember that exact time they were on sale but you're right, they were definitely on sale not log ago for half price

[quote name='Indignate']Really? I wished they would have done the same for the Kain & Raziel pack.[/QUOTE]

I didn't play the whole game with Kane & Lynch yet, but I played for 10 minutes and it was definitely their voices and dialogue for the small portion I played. I assume the whole game as K & L is the same.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Does anyone else feel like MS has kinda fallen into a rut with these sales? [/QUOTE]

Not really. I barely considered the Summer Of Arcade rebate to be a "sale"...there were several games I was somewhat interested in, but not at the prices available, so I opted to wait. I'm quite enjoying this current sale because I thought I'd have to wait until next summer, so I'm pleasantly surprised I can buy them at half off this week.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Does anyone else feel like MS has kinda fallen into a rut with these sales? The leaked arcade game list is just Summer of Arcade titles plus Sonic and PD. Excepting Undergarden and Comic Jumper, both too new to count really, every game in the long promotion has been on sale already.

I get that it's easier/better for them to put their own or highly rated shit on sale, but there's not a thing surprising here. Half the fun of christmas is getting surprised! Or something. I unno... Basically what I'm saying is I wish they would put Flock! on sale.[/QUOTE]

How can you complain about one of the two best Summer of Arcade games (depending on your opinion of MNC) being 1/2 off? I would have paid 800 for Lara Croft, 600 is even better.

Now am I going to touch Comic Jumper for 800, no. But I've been waiting for a Lara Croft deal and I thought I would have to wait until next summer to get it.

[quote name='timobkg']Alan Wake - The Signal comes free with any new copies of Alan Wake, correct? So if I plan to get Alan Wake in the future, I should only download The Writer?[/QUOTE]

Well if you're going to get Alan Wake new, then yes. Although depending on where you shop, Alan Wake is probably starting to run low on new copies. There's always Amazon though.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Why not just get the Ultimate Genesis Collection?[/QUOTE]

I agree that is what I have. Got it for $15.

[quote name='eastx']I hear tell that the Ultimate Genesis Collection versions of Sonic 2, 3, & Knuckles do not support the lock-on feature of Sonic & Knuckles. Nor do 2 and 3 have online multiplayer like the XBLA versions.[/QUOTE]

So the online multiplayer of 2 and 3 is what just having someone play as Tails right?

[quote name='amphigorey']The Laura Croft game is a great co-op game, but can anyone tell me what happened to its Challenge Pack 2 DLC? (Not to hijack the thread or anything) Was there ever a Challenge Pack 2 for it? XBL just shows Challenge Pack 1 and 3 available.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't fret over it if Challenge Pack 1 is any indication. That was barely worth downloading for free, and CP3 appears to be on par with it, but costs $5. Is that a joke? I think the challenge of Challenge Pack 2 is a lot more enticing: it's impossible to buy.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I was really hoping some pinball fx 2 tables and minervas den would be discounted this sale but I guess not.[/QUOTE]

Seriously when is Minerva's Den going on sale? I've wanted that since release but I've been so backlogged in games that it didn't make sense buying it at full price.

[quote name='Indiana']How about they put the COD MOW2 Map packs on sale? They have been out for a year and no sale?[/QUOTE]

They actually both went on sale for 800 each a while ago. I think it was a month or two before Black Ops came out. That is when I snagged them.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Both are very solid. The writer is great. You should have gotten the signal for free with Alan Wake if you bought new.[/QUOTE]

So the signal is the DLC card included with the game that has no mention of what DLC it is?

[quote name='mightymek']I have the Kane & Lynch pack for Lara Croft on PS3 and they definitely have Kane & Lynch's voices, complete with a ton of cursing (though it is bleeped out). It's actually kind of funny.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried it out for a bit. Quite amusing for the free price, though the game itself still seems the same including all the levels - just the story and dialogue is different.

I doubt It's gonna hit 400pts in the future so I grabbed it. The only thing that bothers me is the damn size of the game - a 250gig 360 HD seems more and more necessary at this rate.

[quote name='MWB']Apparently it's all on sale.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Big Surf Island for 560 (was 1000)
Time Savers Pack for 400 (was 800)
Party for 400 (was 800)
Toy Collection for 400 (was 1000)
Legendary Cars Collection for 400 (was 640)
Cops & Robbers for 400 (was 800)
Boost Specials Collection for 400 (was 640)

There are also the Toy Collections 1 and 2 for 400 each (were 480) but I believe those are both made redundant by the other Toy Collection (no number).
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'll update the OP

Check the Sale list in the FAQ
10/4 - CoD: MW2 - Resurgence Pack, Stimulus Package

[quote name='mtxbass1']There *may* be an upcoming sale on certain SNK games to correlate with the release of Trouble Witches NEO!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is the kind of vague wording I hate for this thread. I'll make a note of it for when Trouble Witches goes live.

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']So the signal is the DLC card included with the game that has no mention of what DLC it is?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The DLC card in new copies of Alan Wake is a code for The Signal DLC.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']No, it's the 2 player racing mode.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess I asked such an obvious question I was bound to get dick responses.

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Yeah I guess I asked such an obvious question I was bound to get dick responses.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't a rude response. He told you the truth. The online multiplayer in Sonic 2 and 3 is the racing mode for each game.

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Yeah I guess I asked such an obvious question I was bound to get dick responses.[/QUOTE]

LOL. What the hell? His response is not dickish at all.

[quote name='Monsta Mack'] a 250gig 360 HD seems more and more necessary at this rate.[/QUOTE]

Word to this. I've already committed myself to picking one up with all the Amazon credit I'm building up. My pathetic little 20 gig only has 4 gigs left on it, and then my two external HD's only have about 6-7 gigs combined left, not to mention the fact I hate having to plug them in and run games off of them. I may honestly end up passing on Comic Jumper and Croft just because of the size...

Gotta agree the sales are a bit disappointing so far. Mostly because of the leaked list, most everything I'd want has been on sale before for around the same price anyway. Hopefully they add a few major surprises.

I guess my 2 Halo cards from the BB sale a couple weeks ago are safe...

Got Undead Nightmare yesterday and Lara Croft: GoTL today. Now I have to get some more points before the ME2 DLC goes on sale. My 60 GB HDD is not going to like this sale.

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']So the signal is the DLC card included with the game that has no mention of what DLC it is?[/QUOTE]

Yes it's in all new copies of the game. The Signal was the first DLC that came out in July, the Writer came out in October.

[quote name='eastx']That wasn't a rude response. He told you the truth. The online multiplayer in Sonic 2 and 3 is the racing mode for each game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='A Happy Panda']LOL. What the hell? His response is not dickish at all.[/QUOTE]

Wait what? That is funny. I was thinking "what if he is serious and I just took it as a dick response?". Ok let me go back to my knowledge of the original Sonic 2 and 3 Genesis cartridge. Wasn't the only 2 player mode just someone else playing as Tails to help you through the levels? So I logically assumed that the online multiplayer was just someone over Xbox Live using Tails. I assume this racing mode is new or was this always in the originals as well?

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Wait what? That is funny. I was thinking "what if he is serious and I just took it as a dick response?". Ok let me go back to my knowledge of the original Sonic 2 and 3 Genesis cartridge. Wasn't the only 2 player mode just someone else playing as Tails to help you through the levels? So I logically assumed that the online multiplayer was just someone over Xbox Live using Tails. I assume this racing mode is new or was this always in the originals as well?[/QUOTE]

There is co-op where the second player plays as Tails and a multiplayer where you race each other. It isn't new.

[quote name='jonathanp']There is co-op where the second player plays as Tails and a multiplayer where you race each other. It isn't new.[/QUOTE]

Damn that is pretty poor on my part if that has always been in the game since the Genesis days. I guess I wouldn't really be that surprised. I always played Sonic 2 and 3 solo.

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Damn that is pretty poor on my part if that has always been in the game since the Genesis days. I guess I wouldn't really be that surprised. I always played Sonic 2 and 3 solo.[/QUOTE]

If there wasn't coop, then what the hell does Tails do running around the whole game? hahaha Moral support...
Edit: Ok n/m just reread your post. I totally forgot there was a racing mode too.... What.... :D

Reminds me there's a funny sonic & tails clip on Kotaku yesterday I think.

[quote name='rapsodist']I noticed on the PlayStation Blog that the Burnout Paradise DLC is listed as having permanently dropped on PSN. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/21/playstation-store-update-170/ So I guess the drops for XBL would be permanent, too.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, this is just what I was about to ask. It's weird that there is no mention of this on the Criterion/EA sites... Looks like I can hold off til I get some MS points for Christmas hopefully and don't need to resort to Amazon instant points today.

[quote name='puzzlefite']If there wasn't coop, then what the hell does Tails do running around the whole game? hahaha Moral support...
Edit: Ok n/m just reread your post. I totally forgot there was a racing mode too.... What.... :D

Reminds me there's a funny sonic & tails clip on Kotaku yesterday I think.[/QUOTE]

It's funny, now that you mention it, the co-op in Sonic is pretty weak at best. My girlfriend and I tried to play together the other day but I was tearing through the levels so quickly that she pretty much just showed up floating behind me every time I stopped. She was like, "Why am I even playing?"

That type of co-op is called Girlfriend/Little Brother Mode now. I imagine in some 90's executive's pitch it was a "What Nintendon't" selling point

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back