Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit...i bought the Alan Wake LE when it came out...read the book, 100% the game, then sold it off for a pretty penny.

Well, The Signal came out, so i got that for free and rented AW from Blockbuster for $8.99

So do I spend another $12 or so renting the game again + the dlc, JUST to beat The Writer?

My OCD for having all achievements in a game (including DLC) says yes...but my lack of a lot of cash says hell no

Just making sure. The Writer does NOT come with Alan Wake new, correct?
And The Signal DOES come with Alan Wake new?
Sorry, I get these 2 confused, and I haven't started the game yet.

[quote name='drawingboard']Just making sure. The Writer does NOT come with Alan Wake new, correct?
And The Signal DOES come with Alan Wake new?
Sorry, I get these 2 confused, and I haven't started the game yet.[/QUOTE]

yeah, The Signal still comes with most new copies..i THINK. not sure, but yeah it was THIS DLC...

The Writer was the most recent release

[quote name='Xellos2099']I wonder how much will sonic 2,3 and knuckle will cost if they are trying o keep it a secret.[/QUOTE]

Last time they were 240 MSP/ea IIRC

[quote name='jcp42877']Dammit...i bought the Alan Wake LE when it came out...read the book, 100% the game, then sold it off for a pretty penny.

Well, The Signal came out, so i got that for free and rented AW from Blockbuster for $8.99

So do I spend another $12 or so renting the game again + the dlc, JUST to beat The Writer?

My OCD for having all achievements in a game (including DLC) says yes...but my lack of a lot of cash says hell no[/QUOTE]

I can't get Gamefly to load right now, but if I'm not mistaken Alan Wake was on there for around $13-15 to buy. That would be a much better option than renting it for almost the same price.

[quote name='jcp42877']Dammit...i bought the Alan Wake LE when it came out...read the book, 100% the game, then sold it off for a pretty penny.

My OCD for having all achievements in a game (including DLC) says yes...but my lack of a lot of cash says hell no[/QUOTE]

no offense but why not just keep the damn thing? The game is great.

[quote name='DarkZion']So a question to anyone that's played the Alan Wake DLC: do I have to get The Signal to play/understand The Writer?[/QUOTE]

The signal is part 1 of the story arch after the main game and the writer is part 2 which completes the story arch.

[quote name='reddjoey']All I need is Shadow Broker and I only have 170 MSP. My 1600 pt card is stick in USPS hell[/QUOTE]

If your 1600 Microsoft Points Prepaid Card is still in USPS hell when Mass Effect 2 Lair of the Shadow Broker goes on sale, I would just recommend buying an Instant Online Code from Amazon. I've used them before when I needed points quickly. :)

[quote name='fei33']If your 1600 Microsoft Points Prepaid Card is still in USPS hell when Mass Effect 2 Lair of the Shadow Broker goes on sale, I would just recommend buying an Instant Online Code from Amazon. I've used them before when I needed points quickly. :)[/QUOTE]

That's plan B, but I'm a broke college student, so my budget went to that (and two other 1600 pt cards). I just have to bank some cash Xmas gifts to throw in the bank or pick-up more cards.

I'm confused about this Alan Wake DLC. I'm downloading a digital copy of the game right now. Does that come with The Signal?

For some reason when I go to buy the signal on the console it shows 200 until I click to buy it and there it shows as being 560 still. Weird. Must not have flipped over yet though the writer did already.

[quote name='reddjoey']Last time they were 240 MSP/ea IIRC[/QUOTE]

That REALLY expensive for a 15 years old games....

I got 660 point left after buying AW Writer dlc, should I use it on:

Perfect Dark + some sonic game or just get Limbo?

[quote name='munch']I'm confused about this Alan Wake DLC. I'm downloading a digital copy of the game right now. Does that come with The Signal?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't.

[quote name='Xellos2099']That REALLY expensive for a 15 years old games....[/QUOTE]
Regular price point for retro games on XBLA is 400 MSP, including ones plenty older than Sonic. So 240 ain't bad IMO. BTW Sonic and Knuckles is still 240, it never went back up in price after the last sale.

[quote name='thenutman69321']Regular price point for retro games on XBLA is 400 MSP, including ones plenty older than Sonic. So 240 ain't bad IMO. BTW Sonic and Knuckles is still 240, it never went back up in price after the last sale.[/QUOTE]

80 or 160 isn't out of the realm of possible

[quote name='Xellos2099']That REALLY expensive for a 15 years old games....

I got 660 point left after buying AW Writer dlc, should I use it on:

Perfect Dark + some sonic game or just get Limbo?[/QUOTE]

Limbo, no doubt.

Tempting prices on Alan Wake DLC, almost willing to purchase the newest DLC & rent it again to clean up some achievements.

200 points for the Writer!!! SWEET. I am hoping for a cheap-o limbo to close out this sale for me. I picked up Undead Nightmare and I'm loving that and can't wait to jump into Alan Wake and its DLC as well.

lol 3 straight super meat boy avatar shirts

Lara Croft has really blown me away. The puzzles are awesome and the action sequences are epic as hell. Anyone else who picked it up from the sale loving this game?

Nice price on The Writer, think I'll pick that up and likely Perfect Dark and Limbo (if the latter two end up being 50% off or more). I picked up the LE of Alan Wake for $30 on Amazon back when they were having the sale on collectors editions. The complete game + DLC for under $35 isn't a bad combo at all.

[quote name='tunavi']Lara Croft has really blown me away. The puzzles are awesome and the action sequences are epic as hell. Anyone else who picked it up from the sale loving this game?[/QUOTE]

Yes! I haven't played the single player yet, so I don't now how that rates...but co-op has been tons of fun, the clever ways they get you to solve puzzles cooperatively, using each characters' unique abilities. I'm honestly impressed.

I'm considering adding icon pics to the FAQ since it's not as clear as it once was or for newer users.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cheapskate']Yes! I haven't played the single player yet, so I don't now how that rates...but co-op has been tons of fun, the clever ways they get you to solve puzzles cooperatively, using each characters' unique abilities. I'm honestly impressed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been doing strictly co-op too. Its so awesome

I haven't touched Alan Wake yet but 200 points is very cheap for the Writer.

Anyone know how much PD will be in 2 days? I loved it on the N64 but I've heard only bad things about the port....

[quote name='abhinav']

Anyone know how much PD will be in 2 days? I loved it on the N64 but I've heard only bad things about the port....[/QUOTE]
Probably 400 points with how the trend is going for all the daily deals. Plus not really a bad port as much as the game hasn't aged that well.

Playing through Alan Wake right now and was planning to buy The Writer in a few days once I beat the game. Pretty much perfect timing on the sale for me.

I plan on playing Alan Wake at some point, but not necessarily any time soon. Should I buy the DLC now for whenever I get around to buying the game itself, or should I wait for a complete/ultimate/GOTY-style release that includes the DLC?

[quote name='bsmiff']I plan on playing Alan Wake at some point, but not necessarily any time soon. Should I buy the DLC now for whenever I get around to buying the game itself, or should I wait for a complete/ultimate/GOTY-style release that includes the DLC?[/QUOTE]
Definitely not, a new copy can be picked up for next to nothing with the signal + 200 points for the writer is a much better proposition than a full new release priced retail

[quote name='bsmiff']I plan on playing Alan Wake at some point, but not necessarily any time soon. Should I buy the DLC now for whenever I get around to buying the game itself, or should I wait for a complete/ultimate/GOTY-style release that includes the DLC?[/QUOTE]

I think I heard somewhere that they aren't making any more DLC for the game. The Signal DLC already comes free with new retail copies and you can get The Writer DLC with this promo for a mere $2.50. You can find the game itself for what, $20 now? Possibly even cheaper in a few months. Really not worth waiting for a GOTY edition IMO. Just pick up The Writer from this deal and the game whenever you want.

[quote name='reddjoey']Nostalgia vs reality[/QUOTE]
This. Me and my friends thought we could go back into it no problem, but the reality is the game hasn't aged well at all.
I Doubt it'll happen. The game basically bombed and only two DLC packs and one is already included with the game as is.

I doubt that there will be any kind of GotY release for Alan Wake. While I liked the game, it didn't sell well enough to warrant a new SKU. But 200 points for The Writer? Bought.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll pick up The Writer and wait for a deal on a new copy of the game once I get through this backlog.

I started the week with 4840 Microsoft Points

I Bought:
Comic Jumper
Marvel UA1 Hero/Villian Pack (Thanks to whoever posted that on this forum)
Castlevania HoD
Alan Wake: The Writer
I have 2440 left and I plan to buy Mass Effect: Shadow Broker and possibly LIMBO during the sale.

[quote name='Blade3D']Hmm can't decide if I should pick up the signal and get a used copy of Alan Wake, or just wait and get a new copy[/QUOTE]

There is 99% chance a used copy from Gamefly will have The Signal DLC code unused.

So if I were you I would go that route and buy The Writer now.

Bought The Writer, was cheaper than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back