Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys made me buy The Writer. I was planning on picking up Alan Wake in the future at a bargain bin price but it's not really high on my wants list. I was willing to pay 800 pts for Lara Croft so since I got that for 600 pts, I'll consider it a wash.

LOL, I have both Alan Wake DLC and I don't even have Alan Wake yet :(

Signal was free while The Writer is only 200 ms points.

Bought the Writer as well, awesome game. I wished Sony had done this with Playstation Plus where you get a discount for stuff you buy. Nice idea by MS for rewarding and giving you a reason to buy Gold subscriptions. :)

[quote name='Rodster']Bought the Writer as well, awesome game. I wished Sony had done this with Playstation Plus where you get a discount for stuff you buy. Nice idea by MS for rewarding and giving you a reason to buy Gold subscriptions. :)[/QUOTE]
You do get discounts for Playstation Plus. And this sale doesn't require Gold...

Great price on the AW stuff. Such a great and underrated game. The DLC wasn't as good as the main game, but way better than most single player DLC. Worth the price without question.

Of course I bought The Writer two weeks ago at full price and haven't played it yet.

Great deal for everybody Alan Wake is very good. Couple that with the gamefly deal on the game people can get the complete experience for slightly over $20 that is a great deal.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Is there such a thing as a 400 MSP code?[/QUOTE]

You can buy 400 through Xbox marketplace but not at a store.

Bought The Writer. I'll be all set whenever I get to that shiny CE sitting there taunting me. Very glad I waited on picking it up. Looks like my pattern of off day/on day for this sale continues until the 30th. Couldn't care less about the stuff tomorrow, and not that interested in Hydro Thunder or Monday Night Combat (unless the prices are oh-so-sweet.)

Will probably end up getting the ME2 and Fable 3 DLC, Limbo, and then Castle Crashers and Afterburner, as space bucks permit. (Sonic Adventure as well, but only if that's really on sale and not terribly priced.)

So is it safe to guess that Perfect Dark, Hydro Thunder, Monday Night Combat, and LIMBO will probably all be 600 points since games like Castlevania and Lara Croft were that price?

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Hmmm.... been debating if I am going to buy all the DLC for Forza 3, or just buy Forza 3 Ultimate Collection and get the DLC that it doesn't have... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

So how much DLC does Ultimate Collection have and how much is missing? Also how much of that is in the sale?

[quote name='vanlandw']Of course I bought The Writer two weeks ago at full price and haven't played it yet.

Great deal for everybody Alan Wake is very good. Couple that with the gamefly deal on the game people can get the complete experience for slightly over $20 that is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Why buy anything at full price before you are ready for it? You can just wait and buy it when you are going to play it....for full price. It makes sense to stock up on stuff at sale prices since you probably won't get stuff at that price when you are ready for it.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So is it safe to guess that Perfect Dark, Hydro Thunder, Monday Night Combat, and LIMBO will probably all be 600 points since games like Castlevania and Lara Croft were that price?[/QUOTE]
Well I doubt perfect dark will be 600 since its regular price is 800 and not 1200. I would say it's a safe bet that it will be on sale for 400.

[quote name='vanlandw']Great deal for everybody Alan Wake is very good. Couple that with the gamefly deal on the game people can get the complete experience for slightly over $20 that is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Was AW part of the GameFly sale? I'm not even seeing it as available to buy used--just to "keep" it. Maybe OOS?

[quote name='seanr1221']It was 15.00 or so when the GF sale first started Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll keep my eye out for it in case it pops up again.

[quote name='chipper_95']Well I doubt perfect dark will be 600 since its regular price is 800 and not 1200. I would say it's a safe bet that it will be on sale for 400.[/QUOTE]

Well shows how much attention I pay to the Marketplace. :lol:

[quote name='Cheapskate']Is there such a thing as a 400 MSP code?[/QUOTE]
You can get them a bunch of miscellaneous ways, text contests giveaways. There are no 400 msp cards but there are certainly codes out there. I've gotten a few myself before.

Alright fine, everyone has convinced me to buy The Writer even though I don't have Alan Wake yet. Happy now?!

I'm also going to probably buy the "I've Got a Feeling" track tomorrow since my wife just bought me Dance Central and she loves that song. Gotta love Christmas presents that are really for the person who bought it for you.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']You can get them a bunch of miscellaneous ways, text contests giveaways. There are no 400 msp cards but there are certainly codes out there. I've gotten a few myself before.[/QUOTE]

Ah, learn something every day.

That said, I think the odds of someone having a 400 MSP code they don't need are about the same as the odds of someone having $5 they don't need.

I don't need the Signal or Writer as I already own them- but I want to give them glowing recommendations. Some of the best DLC i've ever played.

If you're on the fence about Alan Wake's "The Signal" I suggest passing. Combined with the second DLC it's not bad, but one without the other is just confusing.

Playing the DLC doesn't really change the ending either, and won't effect anything in the sequel. So bottom line, play both or niether.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Edit: And they are taunting you by showing the previous days sales, so... when this is over is there one final chance to get them all at the sale prices?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']It's not inconcievable they put everything back up on January 1st. What's the point of a countdown if you don't do anything special at the end.[/QUOTE]
Just enough time for non-buyer's remorse to set in and for gamers to be looking to spend the MSP/gift/pre-paid credit cards they received for Christmas.

as cheap and affordable as the dlc for alan wake is, i'll pass. it's tempting but there is a reason as to why the game is so cheap and thus, now the dlc is so cheap now. they want to get people back into the game and more people into the game in general, period. don't know about the rest of you but for me, I have a backlog and don't wanna spend more time in a single player game in the dark with a flashlight. Let's hope for better sales than just avatar crap and dlc. Bring on the xbla games!

[quote name='intoxicated662']as cheap and affordable as the dlc for alan wake is, i'll pass. it's tempting but there is a reason as to why the game is so cheap and thus, now the dlc is so cheap now. they want to get people back into the game and more people into the game in general, period. don't know about the rest of you but for me, I have a backlog and don't wanna spend more time in a single player game in the dark with a flashlight. Let's hope for better sales than just avatar crap and dlc. Bring on the xbla games![/QUOTE]

I'm confused, are you saying its a bad game because it wasn't a hit?

I just got the Force Unleashed II Endor DLC for 80MS points.

This must be some kind of mistake because I don't see it in the list of sales.

Perfect for those who got the collector's edition off Amazon today.

*I just realized it was always 80MS points. Why can't most DLC be priced this way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back