Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='harry hood']Which of the 3 ME2 content is likely the least attractive? I can only pick up 2. Shadow Broker would obviously be 1 due to the previous price of 800msp. Which of Kasumi or Overload should I nab?[/QUOTE]

Overlord has a longer mission with a better story, but Kasumi gets you a new character and a nifty gun. If you're already done with the game and don't care to play it again, I'd go with Overlord since it's a more substantial experience for post-ending play. But if you've yet to go through most of the game or would start another playthrough, I think having a new character and gun would be a more attractive option.

[quote name='harry hood']Which of the 3 ME2 content is likely the least attractive? I can only pick up 2. Shadow Broker would obviously be 1 due to the previous price of 800msp. Which of Kasumi or Overload should I nab?[/QUOTE]

I just finished the Overlord missions and they are all a lot of fun. Some of the best looking scenery in the game without a doubt.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']same feeling...[/QUOTE]

Ditto. 400pts is a no brainer. Idk why I hesitate now. Perhaps it's the thought it will go to 400pts in another sale probably right before the next summer of arcade happens.

Confession. I really liked the well done parts of ME1. I really loved a lot of ME2. When I read about the stats bioware collected about the game, I felt bad, because I was part of the % that never beat it! AHHHHH!!! Though that seems extremely common this year for me. I have to think harder about what games I did beat...(man I did good last year too). But thanks for the reminder CAG, got all 3 dlc downloads. Lol my queue still has the discounted lara croft in there too=/

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Ditto. 400pts is a no brainer. Idk why I hesitate now. Perhaps it's the thought it will go to 400pts in another sale probably right before the next summer of arcade happens.[/QUOTE]
I think this too, but then I wonder what happens to the online community over the next 7 months. Maybe it'll get another boost via a wave of new players, just like this current deal is doing so.

It depends on if you want more story or a new character. Kasumi is a new character that you can take around the galaxy but Overlord is a great self contained story.

[quote name='rapsodist']Overlord has a longer mission with a better story, but Kasumi gets you a new character and a nifty gun. If you're already done with the game and don't care to play it again, I'd go with Overlord since it's a more substantial experience for post-ending play. But if you've yet to go through most of the game or would start another playthrough, I think having a new character and gun would be a more attractive option.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the breakdown. I think I'll go with Overlord for now and pick up Kasumi another time down the road.

MNC is coming to Steam so I may wait on that dunno. But I really want Toy Soldiers! I have 790 points arghhhhh!!!! and I really don't want to buy a points card (not on sale that is). I tried the bing thing but I need 400 points to redeem a live card for 400 points. No options for anything smaller. I might just break down and buy a stupid card. MS and these stupid points!!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Would have grabbed MNC for 400, but 600 is probably too rich for my blood...[/QUOTE]

i bought this for my nephew around release date-looked decent until i picked it up and realized it wasn't decent at all but awesome-very fun game for about $7.50 for the game and free dlc. I don't think you could go wrong.

also the demo was nothing like the multi player-just so you don't base this game on that alone-not that it was bad it was alright-but the multi vs. is where its at.

Is the online still active???

[quote name='youenvy']i bought this for my nephew around release date-looked decent until i picked it up and realized it wasn't decent at all but awesome-very fun game for about $7.50 for the game and free dlc. I don't think you could go wrong.

also the demo was nothing like the multi player-just so you don't base this game on that alone-not that it was bad it was alright-but the multi vs. is where its at.

Is the online still active???

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Hmm... Not sure about Monday Night Combat at that price. I was hoping for 400.[/QUOTE]

yeah, for 400 it would have been a blind buy. now i have to try the demo and decided if i even want it.

stop thinking about monday night combat and buy it! it's got an active community, free dlc pack, support via updates/patches from the developers and they actually listen to the fans who purchased the game. also, it's good for online play or u can play offline and there are different game modes, upgrades and other good things to do. not to mention, avatar awards, achievements and you can play with fellow cagers :)

Weird how $2.50 makes a difference. Would have already snagged at 400... but still contemplating at this price. The gushing praise from the above poster does help though, thanks. :)

I was just tipped to remind you movie fans that the dashboard has a second Zune Move sale. Look for Donnie Brasco for 400 MSP. I've seen several discounted items there every so often.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']Weird how $2.50 makes a difference. Would have already snagged at 400... but still contemplating at this price. The gushing praise from the above poster does help though, thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

it's because we like to buy things in equal numbers like 400pts, 800pts, 1200pts, etc.

i just picked it up for 600 pts. i was hoping for 400 too. oh wells, queued up the free dlc too.

I snagged Monday Night Combat. I'm so glad it went on sale early. I feel like it's wasting my time just waiting for Limbo to drop.

Snagged Shadow Broker since I had 200 points left after getting Case West and the discounted Undead Nightmare. Now I'm down to a sad 35 points.

Yeah same about the 400 price point, but getting free points through Bings rewards doesnt make it too big of a deal. However, this game intrigues me so much, and looks like so much fun. I just need to convince some friends to buy it and play with me. I still want to get Vietnam.

So far Ive spent 1000 points on the 2 AW DLC and 3 ME2 DLC.

How ironic is the ME2 DLC sale? I just finished my first play thru today (and managed to keep the whole team alive without the use of guides!). The DLC gives me something to do in freeplay other then bang all the NPC's. lol

In for Mass Effect DLC x3. Need to get back into the game, I don't think I was even halfway through before I quit.

[quote name='intoxicated662']stop thinking about monday night combat and buy it! it's got an active community, free dlc pack, support via updates/patches from the developers and they actually listen to the fans who purchased the game. also, it's good for online play or u can play offline and there are different game modes, upgrades and other good things to do. not to mention, avatar awards, achievements and you can play with fellow cagers :)[/QUOTE]

with more DLC on the way.

after giving the mnc demo another try, it seems pretty fun, i might take the plunge.
is there any variety in game types/maps? It seems like there's blitz and crossfire. Also, how many different maps are there?

Damn, I just hopped on to look at the ME2 dlc and debate over it for a little bit more time before it gets raised in price and I just remembered that the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 dlc is getting ready to disappear forever again. I need to buy it. I want the MUA dlc (the heroes pack, I bought the villains pack) but I am thinking about trying to grab a Gold Edition off of ebay.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Damn, I just hopped on to look at the ME2 dlc and debate over it for a little bit more time before it gets raised in price and I just remembered that the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 dlc is getting ready to disappear forever again. I need to buy it. I want the MUA dlc (the heroes pack, I bought the villains pack) but I am thinking about trying to grab a Gold Edition off of ebay.[/QUOTE]

I was having the same debate for a while. I went ahead and bit on the MUA2 DLC and decided to wait till 12/31 to get the MUA1 DLC (if it gets pulled down I can always hunt down a Gold edition for the sky-high price of $25-$30)

sadly I too much drop 800 pts on the MUA2 DLC for peace of mind...should it ever go on sale after they said they're taking it down forever, I'll just mutter a few choice words and just remember how much I saved on DLC this year to numb the pain.

[quote name='reddjoey']I was having the same debate for a while. I went ahead and bit on the MUA2 DLC and decided to wait till 12/31 to get the MUA1 DLC (if it gets pulled down I can always hunt down a Gold edition for the sky-high price of $25-$30)[/QUOTE]
[quote name='100xp']sadly I too much drop 800 pts on the MUA2 DLC for peace of mind...should it ever go on sale after they said they're taking it down forever, I'll just mutter a few choice words and just remember how much I saved on DLC this year to numb the pain.[/QUOTE]
I just pulled the trigger on it. I wish it is something that would have had a deal on it sometime after it got put back up, but if I ever pop the game back in, now I will have those characters. I wish they would release a Gold Version of the second game, but it's something that has been said and everyone realizes that it won't happen, so I won't wait on it.
I thought the Juggernaut got put on Live after a while. I know it was a pre-order bonus, but I thought he got added and I am not seeing him.
And I want the Heroes pack for MUA, but at that price and already having the villain pack, I'll just grab a Gold Edition. I would have bit on the combined pack if I didn't have one of them, but as I do, I'll wait.

[quote name='reddjoey']I was having the same debate for a while. I went ahead and bit on the MUA2 DLC and decided to wait till 12/31 to get the MUA1 DLC (if it gets pulled down I can always hunt down a Gold edition for the sky-high price of $25-$30)[/QUOTE]

Just to let ya know, the Gold Edition uses a different save file than the original.

[quote name='kulaguy']Just to let ya know, the Gold Edition uses a different save file than the original.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I would just replay it w/ the just new characters anyway. Plus, I have gone through 2-3 Xbox upgrades/changes since then, so I'm not even sure if I still have the saves

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah same about the 400 price point, but getting free points through Bings rewards doesnt make it too big of a deal. However, this game intrigues me so much, and looks like so much fun. I just need to convince some friends to buy it and play with me[/QUOTE]

I'm so torn on this. MNC is seriously one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played, but the divine words "DOTA/TF2 crossover" seem utterly meaningless to people who don't game on PCs. I've already been annoying friends into picking this up for the sale, but part of me knows it'd just be so much easier convincing them to get the steam version. I mean, I love this game so much I'm fine double dipping, but I'd feel like an arse trying to get others to too.

Personally I can't stand the voices in Monday Night Combat and didn't find the gameplay enjoyable enough to ignore it.
A nice TF2 like game with its own style and unique bits though.

On other things though, anyone else gonna get Banjo Tooie? Or would it be best to wait for a better deal on it and the first one? Think it'll roll around to a weekly deal again?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Would have grabbed MNC for 400, but 600 is probably too rich for my blood...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm a Cheap Ass (Gamer! ;) )! :lol:

Man I finally gave in the last minute for Overlord and Kasumi…

I got Shadow Broker last night and kept telling myself don't get more than that, but I just couldn't help myself...

[quote name='reddjoey']Here is your new hint for 12/30

It’s time for some Erinaceidae adventures

That said I took Fable III DLC off the "guesses"[/QUOTE]

It will be for the Sonic games

African Hedgehog, Pruner's Hedgehog

Family: Erinaceidae

[quote name='Anemos']Reddjoey, you have a minor typo in the thread title.

Just thought I'd let you know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, fixed

[quote name='Blade3D']It will be for the Sonic games

African Hedgehog, Pruner's Hedgehog

Family: Erinaceidae[/QUOTE]

That's why I deleted the F3 DLC from the guesses and added Sonic to the title

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Same here. I'm a Cheap Ass (Gamer! ;) )! :lol:[/QUOTE]
I actually felt this way earlier today, but after trying the demo out again and seeing the free dlc + the promise for continued support, I completely changed my mind. Should be a nice chunk of content for quite some time if the community thrives and that's not bad for just about 8 bucks.

[quote name='harry hood']I actually felt this way earlier today, but after trying the demo out again and seeing the free dlc + the promise for continued support, I completely changed my mind. Should be a nice chunk of content for quite some time if the community thrives and that's not bad for just about 8 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's quite fun for 600 points, but my issue (like a lot of us CAGs) is my backlog. I have 50 plus games (maybe even 100) that I haven't touched, so something like this has to blow me out of the water (400 points for Hydro Thunder was good enough for me) for me to buy it.

I buy 3-5 games a week (Castlevania Lord of Shadows Collector's Edition is just one of the games waiting for me as I write this), so it's tough for me to spend even 600 points on a game I might play 1 or 2 times a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back