Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
An update to my warning from a couple pages back: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World DLC has now been patched and is working properly. Happened more quickly than I was expecting!

Glad someone posted in the MTG thread on the 360 forums that the new Duels of the Planeswalkers expansion came out today. Finally. Steam has only had it for, oh, two months.

[quote name='Cornelius']There's little reason why the character pack would stay at 80pts ... 224mb of content is A LOT of meggage to keep down at 80pts forever. Stop procrastinating & just spend the $1 if you think you'll play the game.[/QUOTE]

Good point, but I procrastinate because the 80 points would mean I'd have to either buy another 1600 pt card now or use up my 400 bing rewards points (which I may just do, I'm really thinking there is nothing else of value than the MS Points0).

Today the movie Semi-Pro is on special. Is this to own or to rent? I thought it was to own but it looks like it is a rental.

[quote name='Cheapskate']An update to my warning from a couple pages back: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World DLC has now been patched and is working properly. Happened more quickly than I was expecting![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it! Am going to purchase it now and don't forget, there are codes for the game too which unlock a few different cool things. By the way, I posted about the Magic The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers expansion that came out today. I'm going to help redjoey keep track of this thread and updated whenever he's not around :bouncy: Do remember, there is a free theme & gamerpics of Magic (the new game?) also on the 360 dashboard so check it out, I couldn't find it on xbox.com though.

Just wanted to post this for the OP.

Destination Arcade isn't working anymore and it says "Thank you for participating in the Destination: Arcade Beta! Press A to return to the Xbox Dashboard."

TA.com says "The avatar awards will continue to function as long as you do not delete the application from your hard drive."

Also, for anyone who cares about achievements, Scott Pilgrim DLC works but the achievements don't and also has a few other issues accoring to x360a forums.
Same with BlazBlue: CS Valkenhayn achievements. Just a heads up for my fellow Xbox folk. :)

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Yes get it because in three days, it will be gone. That and MUA1 DLC will be gone in three days.[/QUOTE]
:shock: Since when has the MUA1 DLC been back up?!

Thank you for mentioning this! I never thought it would return (or have I not been paying attention and it never disappeared?) and figured I'd need to find a Gold Edition among my friends because I don't want to pay for the whole game again. Now I can satisfy my completionist needs by finally being able to get it, with Bing funds no less. :D

...Ok, carry on.

The Sonic deals are now live! Enjoy

SONIC & KNUCKLES=120 ms points
Sonic The Hedgehog 1-3=200 ms points
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1=800 ms points
Sonic Adventure=400 ms points
Sonic And Knuckles=120 ms points
Sonic Car Prop=120 ms points

[quote name='intoxicated662']The Sonic deals are now live! Enjoy

Sonic Car Prop=120 ms points[/QUOTE]

I'm going to pass on these deals.

Sonic Car Prop=120 ms points[/QUOTE]

Ehhh...still seems too much for Sonic 4...played the trial and it wasn't all that great

Those prices are disappointing. I guess Sega wasn't in the holiday spirit this year. I don't get why Sonic 4 is 800. I probably would have passed even at 600 though.

[quote name='fader089']Those prices are disappointing. I guess Sega wasn't in the holiday spirit this year. I don't get why Sonic 4 is 800. I probably would have passed even at 600 though.[/QUOTE]

Sonic 4 should've been 800 at launch and 400 at the sale. Especially because it's episodic.

[quote name='maddman']I'm going to pass on these deals.[/QUOTE]

good for you and thanks for letting us know, I don't care personally and a few classic games for $1.50 can't really complain.

[quote name='intoxicated662']good for you and thanks for letting us know, I don't care personally and a few classic games for $1.50 can't really complain.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to pass on these not so sale prices also. Just thought you wanted to know. :roll:

[quote name='Firvagor']:shock: Since when has the MUA1 DLC been back up?!

Thank you for mentioning this! I never thought it would return (or have I not been paying attention and it never disappeared?) and figured I'd need to find a Gold Edition among my friends because I don't want to pay for the whole game again. Now I can satisfy my completionist needs by finally being able to get it, with Bing funds no less. :D

...Ok, carry on.[/QUOTE]

Someone on here posted that MUA1 DLC came back up last week. I believe it was when the daily sales first started. Thanks to the forum for telling me that MUA1 DLC came back up.

What you guys think? What should i get? Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels or Sonic 4? i can't choose.

Because i was going to get Sonic 4 for 600 but it 800, Sadly...

I'm just going to wait until they put every episode of Sonic 4 on disc for $20 or less. Going to be a considerable wait but I've waited this long I can wait a little longer.

[/QUOTE]

For Sonic 1-3 and Sonic & Knuckles, this is the cheapest they've been on the marketplace. Previous sales on these games were at 240 points.

Good deals, IMO.

[quote name='rickyff7']What you guys think? What should i get? Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels or Sonic 4? i can't choose.

Because i was going to get Sonic 4 for 600 but it 800, Sadly...[/QUOTE]
They are both pretty different games.

Yu-Gi-Oh isn't bad at all. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though it is missing some notable cards from the main game (ala Dark Magician). Sonic 4, I feel like 800 is still too much. But I still enjoyed the demo for what it was.

I think I'll pass on them too. Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection is like $20 and contains I think all the sonic games and a lot more like Shining Force and Phantasy Star. Just throwing that out there for people who don't give a hoot about achievements and would rather have more game for their buck.

[quote name='intoxicated662']good for you and thanks for letting us know, I don't care personally and a few classic games for $1.50 can't really complain.[/QUOTE]

Uh so were not allowed to complain about a bad deal?

[quote name='yamayama']For Sonic 1-3 and Sonic & Knuckles, this is the cheapest they've been on the marketplace. Previous sales on these games were at 240 points.

Good deals, IMO.[/QUOTE]

The regular price of S&K is 240. Just checked it on the marketplace today to see if it had gone done. Although Sonic 1, didn't check 2 or 3, seemed to be 400.

[quote name='dcm1602']Monday Night Combat, split screen ? 2 players ?4 ? None ? Anyone know ?[/QUOTE]

IIRC it supports 4 player split screen.

Do we know what the other deal is yet or is the sega sale today's daily deal? I noticed it is around this time we start to see tomorrow's sale

[quote name='gordojones88']When Limbo turns up at 800 points, there will be a river of tears.[/QUOTE]

So true. I was expecting it to be 800 before the sale started and it was the price I was willing to pay for Limbo.

[quote name='HDShadow']They are both pretty different games.

Yu-Gi-Oh isn't bad at all. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though it is missing some notable cards from the main game (ala Dark Magician). Sonic 4, I feel like 800 is still too much. But I still enjoyed the demo for what it was.[/QUOTE]

At first, i was like "Aww, No Dark Magician? Well, that ok." and then i look up, what they remove "WHAT, NO Red Eyes Black Dragon? fuck that." But i heard a lot of people saying that the online is great. Is that true?

And for Sonic 4, I'm in same boat as you. Demo was ok but 800 is still too much.

[quote name='rickyff7']At first, i was like "Aww, No Dark Magician? Well, that ok." and then i look up, what they remove "WHAT, NO Red Eyes Black Dragon? fuck that." But i heard a lot of people saying that the online is great. Is that true?

And for Sonic 4, I'm in same boat as you. Demo was ok but 800 is still too much.[/QUOTE]

The online isn't shabby. It's what you expect. The lame thing about it is if people quit, you don't get a win. I'm not sure if that's a standard for card games, but I felt that was cheap. I had a lot of fun when I did play in doubles though. Maybe it was the timing, but there wasn't too many people online when I looked for matches. Maybe it's different now though.

Yeah, I was so hyped for Sonic 4. But $15, and now $10 can go much farther than what Sega gave in it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm just going to wait until they put every episode of Sonic 4 on disc for $20 or less. Going to be a considerable wait but I've waited this long I can wait a little longer.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of doing the same! Episodic downloadable games are such a turnoff to me. I already picked up Sonic 1-3 & S&K on sale before but $10 for Sonic 4: Episode 1 is just too much!

Looks like Limbo will be my last purchase! Please be 600 (but I'll still pick it up at 800)!!!

I'm not sure about sonic. I see myself getting Sonic Adventure at least, but the others, I'm iffy on. For 1-3 + S&K, I know it has the lock on ability unlike the Genesis collection, but A) not really sure what that entails, B) Is there anything else I'd be missing out on if I have the collection but not the individual XBLA games?

[quote name='HDShadow']The online isn't shabby. It's what you expect. The lame thing about it is if people quit, you don't get a win. I'm not sure if that's a standard for card games, but I felt that was cheap. I had a lot of fun when I did play in doubles though. Maybe it was the timing, but there wasn't too many people online when I looked for matches. Maybe it's different now though.

Yeah, I was so hyped for Sonic 4. But $15, and now $10 can go much farther than what Sega gave in it.[/QUOTE]

You know what, i'll just get the Yugioh game. i do have on psp but it suck there no online in it. Sonic 4 may have to wait *sigh*, anyways Thanks HDShadow.

Sonic Adventure seems to have hit 400 points right now. DX extras are still 400 though. I'm tempted to buy it since I haven't played it since 2000, but I may be misguided by nostalgia.

Debating on picking up the Sonics for 720. Does the arcade version use the lock-on version from the cartridge days? If so, I'll buy it.

Also, who thinks that that Limbo is going to hit either 600 or 800 points?

[quote name='mr_bungle']Sonic 4...is it worth 800? I heard mixed things.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the demo and bought at $15. It's not entirely worth the $15 due to it's short length. $10 is more appealing. Highly doubt it'll go any lower soon. At least check out the demo.

I have all of the sonics from the sales this summer, but Sonic 4 is tempting. And Sonic Adventure.....my dreamcast love back in '99 was clouded. That game really stinks except for the early sonic stages.

[quote name='JStryke']I'm not sure about sonic. I see myself getting Sonic Adventure at least, but the others, I'm iffy on. For 1-3 + S&K, I know it has the lock on ability unlike the Genesis collection, but A) not really sure what that entails, B) Is there anything else I'd be missing out on if I have the collection but not the individual XBLA games?[/QUOTE]

The lock-on function is the ONLY reason anyone should buy them off Live Arcade. It allows you to play as Knuckles in both Sonic 2 and 3, and that's the biggest advantage of it. It literally merges two games together...back then, this was fucking mind blowing! Also, probably the only game that ran that kind of technology outside of GameGenie. You also get achievements for each individual game, if that matters.

Honestly, I didn't bother with the Arcade versions(I still own them for Genesis), but I did get Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection because it's really cheap now and you get all the Sonic games plus 45+ other Genesis games. most of which actually ARE classics. It runs around $14 or something now, I bought it for $20 when it came out and it's completely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back