Live Se-- CLUB BING Thread 3 *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SlammedNiss']That's not the problem. I have more than 1 account, and only 1 of my accounts is working, using the same computer, same cache/temp internet files, same IP. I can log out of the working account, and try and log into a non-working account. When it doesn't work, I can log back into the 1 account that DOES work for me.

I'm not the only one that has stated this either. Others have tried different browsers as well, and it simply DOES NOT WORK. So please, everybody quit telling people that they need to clear their cache/temp files and it will work fine. This is on MS's side, not ours.[/quote]
...Unless the cookies/whatever that are causing problems that you refuse to delete are for a specific account and not the other. But yeah, I'm sure you're right, cause my 3 accounts all work fine, and when they did have problems, doing what I said DID work...

[quote name='steelsmack']...Unless the cookies/whatever that are causing problems that you refuse to delete are for a specific account and not the other. But yeah, I'm sure you're right, cause my 3 accounts all work fine, and when they did have problems, doing what I said DID work...[/quote]

I'd like to add that I've tried on 3 different computers now. My laptop and desktop at home, and now my desktop at work.

This is f'n aggravating.

3 different machines? Yeah, definitely sounds like it's on LSC's end. It's just weird that others having the same problem can "fix" it by clearing cache/cookies/etc. That would definitely imply that it isn't totally on LSC's end.

[quote name='steelsmack']3 different machines? Yeah, definitely sounds like it's on LSC's end. It's just weird that others having the same problem can "fix" it by clearing cache/cookies/etc. That would definitely imply that it isn't totally on LSC's end.[/quote]
yeah I have tried it on 4 different machines and 3 different browsers. I made an account for my wife using her hotmail, and it works totally fine. It really sucks because I really want to get Scene It.

I guess I'll just have to use hers as I can until mine works. Maybe I can get Scene It on her account and something else on mine.

[quote name='steelsmack']3 different machines? Yeah, definitely sounds like it's on LSC's end. It's just weird that others having the same problem can "fix" it by clearing cache/cookies/etc. That would definitely imply that it isn't totally on LSC's end.[/quote]

I don't think others are having the same problem, I think they are either having a different problem, or not trying the same thing. I only have one account that is doing this, same problem on three computers, in two browsers, across 2 IP addresses. If I delete cookies I can log in with a second account just fine on all three (clearing the cache doesn't appear to be necessary, or make any difference for me). I was able to log on to the affected account once, and then got the runtime error when I tried to load a game. It is possible that those reporting success by clearing the cache have had a similar experience by sheer luck, or by not actually trying to play a game once logged in. It should also be stated that the error in question is not the usual problem of LSC forgetting you were logged in if you leave the windows open too long.

The problem most people are having is clearly a server issue at LSC, and is probably due to one of many account servers coughing up hairballs, and thus temporarily affecting all acounts hosted on it. It's pointless to try and help others troubleshoot this issue, and we should just keep trying affected accounts every so often until they come back online.

[quote name='kvadair'] I was able to log on to the affected account once, and then got the runtime error when I tried to load a game. It is possible that those reporting success by clearing the cache have had a similar experience by sheer luck, or by not actually trying to play a game once logged in.[/quote]

Well after having the log in/site appearing down problem, (not the problem actually playing the games) and clearing my files/cookies, I was able to play fine and rack up my 1k tickets 2 days in a row. Not saying it will work for everyone, just reporting my experience. It would seem there are 2 separate problems like someone stated before.

It's been working fine for me yesterday and today.

Also, I finally got the headphones in my mail today. They are much better than the stock ones that come with the ipod.

[quote name='FelixC']It's been working fine for me yesterday and today.

Also, I finally got the headphones in my mail today. They are much better than the stock ones that come with the ipod.[/quote]

Can someone upload a pic of the headphones? the picture on LSC is really crappy.

I don't think they've put up any logitech products unfortunatly

IMO, i'd like the DVD Camcorder to return, in addition to the Zune (80GB or 120GB) and some 360 games..

I still think they should throw some Marketplace points up there. It makes no sense that the songs they give away link to some site no one's ever heard of with DRM up the arse.

[quote name='CO_mommy']You can try writing to them, but you'll probably get nothing. They sent us the wrong tshirt back in July. I wrote to them and their system would find key words and send us an automated answer that didn't have anything to do with our problem. I finally got past all that and got an email saying they would look into things. It's been months and we haven't heard back. I wrote again and didn't even get an automated answer. I don't think they're going to fix their mistake. I hope you have better luck, but I doubt it.[/quote]

yeah I send them an e-mail and I got the same automated message they sent you. I think it'll be pointless to try to get a real response from them.
I cant help but to feel cheated (played 1 1/3 months), but there's nothing I can do. Damn! If I had known I would have ordered the camera instead..anyway thanks for ur reply

Some time last year I ordered 2 Xbox controllers and Windows Vista Ultimate, but then my account was zeroed and I never expected anything. Now about 2 weeks ago the people living in my old house contacted me and said I had a couple packages from Microsoft, and it turns out it was the 2 controllers and Windows Vista Ultimate. This happen to anyone else?

[quote name='zerowing']Some time last year I ordered 2 Xbox controllers and Windows Vista Ultimate, but then my account was zeroed and I never expected anything. Now about 2 weeks ago the people living in my old house contacted me and said I had a couple packages from Microsoft, and it turns out it was the 2 controllers and Windows Vista Ultimate. This happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I didn't have people living in my house contact me (cause I still live there) but me and many others have received their prizes from June/July 2007

So, I got around to registering the 360 last night.

It's out of warranty. :cry:

In fact, the warranty expired in December 2007.

I guess that means it's likely a refurb. Eh, free is free.

[quote name='Frog Ribs']So, I got around to registering the 360 last night.

I guess that means it's likely a refurb. Eh, free is free.[/quote]

You're taking it a lot better than I would. That would honestly piss me off.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']You're taking it a lot better than I would. That would honestly piss me off.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, it's annoying. But after waiting 7+ months for them to ship it, I'm not going to get all worked up over it.

I do wonder though, what should I consider as the date of purchase? When I ordered it? Or when they shipped it?

That sucks.:cry:

I got mine in June and the warranty expires April 09.

With other items I've ordered, purchase date is synonymous with the date received. At least that's the way it's worked with appliances I've had ordered and delivered. Hope it works the same for you.

I redeem my points for the controller on 10/05/08. I was thinking about using the points for the timer but decided to go for the controller.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']I think this is the first time in LSC history that the controller has been taken down. We will miss you dear friend.[/QUOTE]

this sucks.....I was thinking about getting a few of these :(

I also have a question. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned something about only being able to get so many products per year, or only being able to get so much of a monetary value of products per year or something to that effect. I have 31000 now, I have been a member for 32 days.

This "yearly" prize cap is a little confusing to me. Is it litterally PER year that you are capped off ( 2007 2008 2009 ect) or is it a year from the day you joined? I guess my question is this.....I only joined about a month ago, but by the end of this year would it be wise for me to just blow my wad before 2009 so i can start with a clean slate next year, or would it matter if I were to hang on to my points? There are a bunch of "little prizes" i wanted. (360 controllers, although it looks like that ship has sailed, wireless keyboard mouse combo, rock band, scene it, ect) however there are some "big" things I would like as well ( the xbox 360 (for resale), the digital camera)

Should I get the bigger items because they are worth more and have it count for 2008. There is also another part of me that just plain wants to hang on to the points I have in the hopes that down the road they add more "big" prizes. Again the rules are a little confusing, so what would be the best way to take full advantage of this game? Thanks!!!

Sorry to hear that. I haven't seen mine yet. When it hits the 16th, I'm gonna bug em again to see where my 360 is!! BTW, didn't M$ extend the warranty on all 360s a while back?

[quote name='WarriorBlake']Sorry to hear that. I haven't seen mine yet. When it hits the 16th, I'm gonna bug em again to see where my 360 is!! BTW, didn't M$ extend the warranty on all 360s a while back?[/quote]

they only extended it to 3 years if your xbox sufferes 3 red lights... otherwise its still just the regular 1 year or whatever it is warranty.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']I also have a question. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned something about only being able to get so many products per year, or only being able to get so much of a monetary value of products per year or something to that effect. I have 31000 now, I have been a member for 32 days.

This "yearly" prize cap is a little confusing to me. Is it litterally PER year that you are capped off ( 2007 2008 2009 ect) or is it a year from the day you joined? I guess my question is this.....I only joined about a month ago, but by the end of this year would it be wise for me to just blow my wad before 2009 so i can start with a clean slate next year, or would it matter if I were to hang on to my points? There are a bunch of "little prizes" i wanted. (360 controllers, although it looks like that ship has sailed, wireless keyboard mouse combo, rock band, scene it, ect) however there are some "big" things I would like as well ( the xbox 360 (for resale), the digital camera)

Should I get the bigger items because they are worth more and have it count for 2008. There is also another part of me that just plain wants to hang on to the points I have in the hopes that down the road they add more "big" prizes. Again the rules are a little confusing, so what would be the best way to take full advantage of this game? Thanks!!![/quote]

There is nothing to worry about. Considering they don't take your social security # when redeeming a prize, they can't turn it into the IRS.

Just figured out why none of the prizes on my 2nd account came. This was an account that was restored after it was zeroed last year.

Dear Live Search Club Participant

Thank you for contacting Live Search Club Support. Our Technical Support Team has reviewed and evaluated the game play history on your account resulting in a cancellation of your prize order(s).

The Live Search Club screens game play against criteria meant to identify likely use of bots, macros, or other automated programs to play the games. Those types of activities violate our Terms and Conditions.

This sucks :cry:

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Nothing to worry about if you play by the rules.[/quote]
I did played by the rules. My account was zeroed like many others even though I was playing legit. The one thing I don't understand is why did they re-issue my 10,000 tickets if they were just going to cancel my orders? Oh well, I'll just use my main account now.

[quote name='@ndrew']i believe the they just added that zune dock for 5600.[/quote]
indeed they did

Basically it's an AC charger, which is pretty good cause those can run from $20-$30 bucks

You know, with all the zune accessories they add, I think it's less likely they'll actually add a zune. They're probably hoping you'll buy all the accessories, and then hope a Zune comes up, but one probably never will. Frutstrated with having useless items, you finally decide to just buy a Zune

I am a total genius, obey me!

But anyway, I'm going to update the front page this weekend. Have lots of HW this week (4 Tests, a Project, and a 5 Page paper), sorry for the lack of updates!!

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']
But anyway, I'm going to update the front page this weekend. Have lots of HW this week (4 Tests, a Project, and a 5 Page paper), sorry for the lack of updates!![/quote]

Woohoo! GL HF with that!!

[quote name='WarriorBlake']BTW, didn't M$ extend the warranty on all 360s a while back?[/quote]

Yes. My older 360 came with an extended warranty from the day they shipped it to me. I believe it was manufactured in 2006 and the warranty will expire in Dec.

I can't believe nobody has posted anything on the updates today. Fable is now up for 3,300 tickets and a webcam for 3,850. Already ordered fable, not sure about the webcam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back