Live Se-- CLUB BING Thread 3 *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='erehwon']Well, I got my copy of office Ultimate today. Unfortunately, it says For Academic Use Only on the box. I wonder if that is going to affect what I can get for it on ebay? I'm going to still try for $250.[/quote]
can u post a pic of it just so i know what it looks like:D

[quote name='WarriorBlake']Does anyone know when UPS picks up packages from LSC? My tracking number has been saying "Billing Information Received" since Friday when I got it. I'm probably just being ancy and there's nothing to worry about but at this point I don't want anything to go wrong.[/quote]

That will change when UPS actually picks up the package.

I was ansty too when I recieved my tracking info. Checked it hourly

[quote name='@ndrew']would have gotten my vista ultimate to but sadly they have to deliver stuff when im at school. :cry:[/quote]

Same only I was at work. I missed my Vista and coffee maker. They did leave the fusion tumbler though. They left a note with the times they would stop by tomorrow which is a few hours later and I should be home by then.

Received today: Fusion Tumbler Red ordered 10/09/08
Fusion Tumbler Light blue ordered 10/11/08
Waiting for: X Box Controller ordered 10/05/08
No confirmation emails: Shipped Massachusetts

[quote name='wutaday09']can u post a pic of it just so i know what it looks like:D[/QUOTE]

It has those little red labels at the top and bottom. I'm wondering if I should just try selling this on craigslist? It would be nice to avoid ebay and paypal fees. This is probably the most expensive thing I have sold so far.

[quote name='erehwon']

It has those little red labels at the top and bottom. I'm wondering if I should just try selling this on craigslist? It would be nice to avoid ebay and paypal fees. This is probably the most expensive thing I have sold so far.[/quote]

Consider Yourself lucky...I ordered an Office Ultimate too and they sent me a Vista Ultimate which only goes for 180 and below on ebay. At least you could sell yours for 300 and below

[quote name='suko_32']Yeah, I hope they get the controllers back in. I ordered around the same date as you foxmnr and I guess it was too late.[/quote]

Hope to get the Controller,but if they ran out wished they would give me back the points to get one of the new games or coffee machine.

[quote name='macontosh2000']I received Fable today. Unfortunately the case was damaged during shipping, it wont even hold the disk.:cry:

At least it was free.:)[/quote]

Try stopping by a blockbuster or similar video store and asking if they are getting rid of any cases.

You might get lucky and find a clerk who isn't a dick and has one on hand.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']That will change when UPS actually picks up the package.

I was ansty too when I recieved my tracking info. Checked it hourly[/quote]

The reason I was asking was that it seems strange that UPS would not have picked it up by now.

dont worry blake, when I got my xbox back in june it said billing information for a couple days and then they shipped it. You shall get it by the end of week.

i ordered scene-it last tues, never got a follow up letter saying it shipped but the UPS guy knocked on my door tonight. Super fast shipping considering I live in Alaska.

Of course I had just received the game on Goozex the day after i ordered it...:cry:

can any1 tell me how the frequent flyer works? like for example AmAirlines's AAdvantage..how do I become a member? do I have to pay for the membership? I just really want to go to JAPAN for some reason...oh, and can I only use it once?

[quote name='tikyo21']can any1 tell me how the frequent flyer works? like for example AmAirlines's AAdvantage..how do I become a member? do I have to pay for the membership? I just really want to go to JAPAN for some reason...oh, and can I only use it once?[/QUOTE]

You're gonna have to play alot of games to get to Japan. You can sign up for a Frequent Flier account on pretty much any airlines website. A round trip coach ticket will be, depending on the airline, 50,000 points.

[quote name='tikyo21']can any1 tell me how the frequent flyer works? like for example AmAirlines's AAdvantage..how do I become a member? do I have to pay for the membership? I just really want to go to JAPAN for some reason...oh, and can I only use it once?[/quote]

Typically, 1 point = $.01.

A flight across the ocean could be anywhere from $500-$2500 depending on when you book the flight.

[quote name='uli2000']You're gonna have to play alot of games to get to Japan. You can sign up for a Frequent Flier account on pretty much any airlines website. A round trip coach ticket will be, depending on the airline, 50,000 points.[/quote]

Thanks! I knw it'll take a lot, but I don't mind playing for 2-4 months straight..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrBrianFields']Typically, 1 point = $.01.

A flight across the ocean could be anywhere from $500-$2500 depending on when you book the flight.[/quote]

Thanks for the info! I'm definitely going to use it during the Off-Peak season/s bcoz if I don't it'll take a whole year to rack up enough points (miles) for a $2500 airline ticket not to mention the TAX...maybe it's not worth it to go for the frequent flyer(ff) points. If uli2000 is right, then I'm gonna have to play til 90,000 LSCpts to get 50,000 ff miles. 90,000 is almost good enough for 4 Vista Ultimate which I could sell 150+ each...nah forget it, my head will explode if I think too much! I'm just gonna go for both...I'll get the ff pts and use the Vista money for the trip

[quote name='tikyo21']Thanks for the info! I'm definitely going to use it during the Off-Peak season/s bcoz if I don't it'll take a whole year to rack up enough points (miles) for a $2500 airline ticket not to mention the TAX...maybe it's not worth it to go for the frequent flyer(ff) points. If uli2000 is right, then I'm gonna have to play til 90,000 LSCpts to get 50,000 ff miles. 90,000 is almost good enough for 4 Vista Ultimate which I could sell 150+ each...nah forget it, my head will explode if I think too much! I'm just gonna go for both...I'll get the ff pts and use the Vista money for the trip[/quote]

If you're gonna make this your undertaking then I suggest scouring the net to find ways to build up FF miles. You may find certain products or other contests that give FF miles as a bonus just for buying/participating. You could also try using a credit card that yields FF miles and paying your monthly bills with it. Just don't get caught up in spending a bunch of money to have a tiny little return in miles.

There are lots of methods that people neglect because they don't want to put the time in to earning the miles, but I think anyone saving up for prizes in this thread can tell you that doesn't bother them. ;)

I got my copy of Office Ultimate up on craigslist now for $350:pray:. Thought I'd give that a try and if not see what I can get on ebay. I really want to get enough for an xbox arcade, extended warranty, and a game.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Is every game worth 20 points? I figure I can just use wordsnipe on the crosswords and get 20 points every few minutes.[/QUOTE]

no, the anagram ones are 20 points. Other games have different points, like dingbats is 3 points, while flexicon is 25.

[quote name='erehwon']I got my copy of Office Ultimate up on craigslist now for $350:pray:. Thought I'd give that a try and if not see what I can get on ebay. I really want to get enough for an xbox arcade, extended warranty, and a game.[/quote]

It's only $320 at bestbuy.... but good luck. Got my vista today also :D

[quote name='Oktoberfest']no, the anagram ones are 20 points. Other games have different points, like dingbats is 3 points, while flexicon is 25.[/quote]

Is flexicon worth the most?

[quote name='PhrostByte']Is flexicon worth the most?[/quote]

Yes, but depending on your play style, a game with fewer points like chicktionary may be faster to max out.

[quote name='erehwon']

It has those little red labels at the top and bottom. I'm wondering if I should just try selling this on craigslist? It would be nice to avoid ebay and paypal fees. This is probably the most expensive thing I have sold so far.[/quote]
hmm ok thanks for that i guess ill still get it oh and one last question is the red tape that says academic addition inside the box?

I was surprised to get Blue dragon considering I ordered it only a few days ago. Usually new prizes take a while to ship out, so getting blue dragon was a nice surprise.

[quote name='wutaday09']hmm ok thanks for that i guess ill still get it oh and one last question is the red tape that says academic addition inside the box?[/QUOTE]

The academic label is inside the box.

Here is a nice fact for anybody that ordered blue dragon. I just opened the case to check out the game and I found 3 disks stacked on top of each other. I didn't realize that this game was so big. At first I thought that they had sent me 3 copies by accident.

My 360 is now in transit, although it says "In Transit-Rescheduled". Either way it should be here on Thursday. Will post pics when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back