Live Se-- CLUB BING Thread 3 *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']I thought that's what EVERYBODY did--send additional prizes to addresses of family and friends. I usually send the first prize to my home address and the additional ones to alternate addresses (multiple prizes mostly for family/friends to keep as a "thank you" for letting me use their addresses in the first place). :)[/QUOTE]
And that's perfectly legal, provided you have their permission.

[quote name='Qwerty80']Can you explain to me how getting around Live Search Club restrictions constitutes Mail Fraud?

I'm interested, as I truly don't understand how or why what he said would be considered Mail Fraud at all.

Edit: I just want to point out that it is certainly against CL's ToS, but Mail Fraud?[/QUOTE]

I suppose seeing as how you have to trick Club Live into giving you a prize that it normally wouldn't have (fraud?), coupled with using the postal system (mail), it could be considered mail fraud.

Mod should delete Nicholas7610's post on how to bypass the address limit. It's mail fraud you nublets.

This address bypass crap will only lend to backorder and slow shipping again, with all the botters hording prizes with the address exploit.

[quote name='CupNoodL']Mod should delete Nicholas7610's post on how to bypass the address limit. It's mail fraud you nublets.

This address bypass crap will only lend to backorder and slow shipping again, with all the botters hording prizes with the address exploit.[/QUOTE]
Finally. Somebody with some common sense.

ya mail fraud is pretty low. However I do use my parents addresses to have my stuff delivered to me haven't sold anything yet but I mostly use one of them to get stuff for other family members and the other for stuff for myself though.

Thanks for all the sticker removal suggestions guys. There's some unique ways I haven't heard before like the heat gun, the lotion and air freshener, WD40. I'm going to try the Goo Gone first and see how it goes. I'll also look for a non-acetone nail polish. I'll pass on the peanut butter lol, though I'm sure my dog would enjoy that experiment.

I have 2 Xbox360 controllers as guinea pigs. I did peel off one of the stickers, but it left tons of sticky residue. I used packing tape lift it off since it can't hurt the plastic packaging, but it's not picking up much. The tape trick always worked for me in the past.

[quote name='winterice']I don't think you'll need anything to remove the sticker. I just tried it right now and the sticker came off easily with almost no residue. There was only one small spot of residue and I just used my saliva and thumb to wash if off. It's most likely because the cardboard flap in the back where the sticker is on, has a very shiny/plastic/laminate feel and look to it. Just peel on one corner first and slowly peel back. It only took me a minute, maybe less, to do it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for trying it out. I hope mine will be that easy to remove. The stubbornness of the Xbox360 controller sticker really surprised me and made me wonder what I'd be in for with Vista.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CupNoodL']This address bypass crap will only lend to backorder and slow shipping again, with all the botters hording prizes with the address exploit.[/QUOTE]

Nope. We went from no limits in the past to 3 per a household and then to 1 per a household.

The next step is club live either packing up and shutting down or transitioning to the method they were entertaining months back in the user surveys (the raffles).

i just joined live search club today and I max out 1033 points in 2 hours by using anagramssolved. do you think this will raise a red flag when they check my account when I ordered stuff? it seems that you can go over limit when you don't quit the game you were playing. Also, has anyone gotten window vista ultimate? If so, is it oem version or full retail version?

[quote name='tenchi155']i just joined live search club today and I max out 1033 points in 2 hours by using anagramssolved. do you think this will raise a red flag when they check my account when I ordered stuff? it seems that you can go over limit when you don't quit the game you were playing. Also, has anyone gotten window vista ultimate? If so, is it oem version or full retail version?[/QUOTE]

No they won't red flag you..all of us fellow CAGs do it as well..I actually receieved the Vista Full Retail..:D

A few quick questions:

1) What color is the Zune?

The prize picture shows five colors, but what color is the actual prize they ship to you (I'm guessing it's black, right?)? I want to get one for a friend and just wanted to know if it was a random selection, or only in black.

2) Do you guys think there's a chance that the 60 GB Xbox or the newer Xbox 360 Arcade will be added any time this year? Has the 20 GB Xbox been on the site since 2007?

I'm saving up to get an Xbox 360 for my sister, and I would have no problem waiting for a little while if Microsoft decides to update the Xboxs (like, say, by December). The Xboxs that some of you have received were manufactured around October 2006, right? Does anyone think that Microsoft will STILL be handing out older models even after the 3-year warranty has passed (like an October 2006 model ordered in November 2009 and received in December 2009)?

My sister will be fine with 20 GBs of hard drive space, but I just don't want her to be really happy with the system and then have it RROD after the warranty is up. :error: :bomb:

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']A few quick questions:

The prize picture shows five colors, but what color is the actual prize they ship to you (I'm guessing it's black, right?)? I want to get one for a friend and just wanted to know if it was a random selection, or only in black.

Random it could be any color like i got a black one then a pink one

2) Do you guys think there's a chance that the 60 GB Xbox or the newer Xbox 360 Arcade will be added any time this year? Has the 20 GB Xbox been on the site since 2007?

I'm saving up to get an Xbox 360 for my sister, and I would have no problem waiting for a little while if Microsoft decides to update the Xboxs (like, say, by December). The Xboxs that some of you have received were manufactured around October 2006, right? Does anyone think that Microsoft will STILL be handing out older models even after the 3-year warranty has passed (like an October 2006 model ordered in November 2009 and received in December 2009)?

My sister will be fine with 20 GBs of hard drive space, but I just don't want her to be really happy with the system and then have it RROD after the warranty is up. :error: :bomb:[/QUOTE]

they will never replace the 20gb 360 ms has so many left from when they were discontinued

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']A few quick questions:

The prize picture shows five colors, but what color is the actual prize they ship to you (I'm guessing it's black, right?)? I want to get one for a friend and just wanted to know if it was a random selection, or only in black.[/QUOTE]

It can ship in several colors, but for the past several months the very vast majority of Zunes shipped have been the color black. This would indicate and imply that they only have Black left or that they have a very large stock of black Zunes.

So, it can be a color other than black, but expect a black Zune.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']2) Do you guys think there's a chance that the 60 GB Xbox or the newer Xbox 360 Arcade will be added any time this year? Has the 20 GB Xbox been on the site since 2007?

My sister will be fine with 20 GBs of hard drive space, but I just don't want her to be really happy with the system and then have it RROD after the warranty is up. :error: :bomb:[/QUOTE]

No, zero chance. The 06 360's have been on Club Live since the beginning and they are still here to this day. Some people have been lucky with 07 models, but they are a very small minority. Almost all of the 360's come with already expired warranties and the warranty has nothing to do with the 360's they ship. The two 360's I received have all came with expired warranties.

Once you receive your 360, you're almost entirely on your own (if the warranty is expired, and chances are it will be). If you run into a problem, neither Club Live nor Microsoft will help you for free. The only exception is if your 360 is shipped with some internal error or problem that happens within the first couple of weeks of shipment, and Club Live generally only helps you if it is determined that the problem was out of your control or came DoA. They also require proof.

My first 360 came Dead on Arrival, and Club Live required evidence in the form of all of the transcripts I made between myself and Microsoft Customer Support (They wanted my support # to read the transcripts themselves). If everything seems to turn out as you say it is, Club Live has you reship the 360 back to them where they personally check to make sure the error is valid and that the 360 hasn't been tampered with in any way.

If they determine that the 360 did ship with some problem or error that was out of the control of the user, they will reship you another 360.

So to simply answer you: You will most likely get a 360 with an expired warranty, and if anything happens to it after the first week or two after you receive it, you are on your own unless you personally pay to have it fixed.

[quote name='Nicholas7611']Trick to bypass 1 per household limit:

Houses: If you live at 123 Fake St, your new addresses can be 123A Fake St, 123B Fake St, etc. If you run out of letters, you can use 123AA Fake St, 123AB Fake St, etc.

Apartments: If you live at 123 Fake St Apt 1, your new addresses can be 123 Fake St Apt 1A, 123 Fake St Apt 1B, etc.

Please don't abuse this, as it will get patched even faster.[/QUOTE]
Why the HELL is he back

[quote name='killer9']they will never replace the 20gb 360 ms has so many left from when they were discontinued[/QUOTE]

I figured that was the case :cry:. I hope I can get just ONE with HDMI ('07 model). The Marvel/Forza bundled Xboxs that some people received were '07 models, right?

[quote name='Qwerty80']It can ship in several colors, but for the past several months the very vast majority of Zunes shipped have been the color black. This would indicate and imply that they only have Black left or that they have a very large stock of black Zunes.

So, it can be a color other than black, but expect a black Zune.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Any color is fine with me.

[quote name='Qwerty80'] No, zero chance. The 06 360's have been on Club Live since the beginning and they are still here to this day. Some people have been lucky with 07 models, but they are a very small minority. Almost all of the 360's come with already expired warranties and the warranty has nothing to do with the 360's they ship. The two 360's I received have all came with expired warranties.

Once you receive your 360, you're almost entirely on your own (if the warranty is expired, and chances are it will be). If you run into a problem, neither Club Live nor Microsoft will help you for free. The only exception is if your 360 is shipped with some internal error or problem that happens within the first couple of weeks of shipment, and Club Live generally only helps you if it is determined that the problem was out of your control or came DoA. They also require proof.

My first 360 came Dead on Arrival, and Club Live required evidence in the form of all of the transcripts I made between myself and Microsoft Customer Support (They wanted my support # to read the transcripts themselves). If everything seems to turn out as you say it is, Club Live has you reship the 360 back to them where they personally check to make sure the error is valid and that the 360 hasn't been tampered with in any way.

If they determine that the 360 did ship with some problem or error that was out of the control of the user, they will reship you another 360.

So to simply answer you: You will most likely get a 360 with an expired warranty, and if anything happens to it after the first week or two after you receive it, you are on your own unless you personally pay to have it fixed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the DOA advice. I hope that doesn't happen to me.

[quote name='killer9']thats why u order 2 one to use one for backup just incase[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll have to order a backup for my sister after I get another Xbox for a friend. It sucks that the Xboxs are out of warranty. But I can't complain, since they're free, so no biggie.

Thanks for all your help, guys. I'd better get to maxing out my accounts to order those Xboxs. :D

Still waiting on a 360 ordered 4/8. Was hoping the 1 month rule would apply, and I'm a little nervous since others have been receiving. Running 3 accounts, but I've stuck to the 1 prize per address rule so hopefully nothing got wonked up.

[quote name='Splatoon']Still waiting on a 360 ordered 4/8. Was hoping the 1 month rule would apply, and I'm a little nervous since others have been receiving. Running 3 accounts, but I've stuck to the 1 prize per address rule so hopefully nothing got wonked up.[/QUOTE]
Same for me except I ordered an umbrella on 4/3 and I still haven't received it yet. I'm a bit worried that the account might have been flagged because I've noticed the search captchas sometimes and since I use the auto-typer from anagramssolved I usually miss it. And I just ordered Office 2007 on that account and I'm worried it might not come and I will have wasted 48 days on something that's not going to come.

I have another account with like 30,000+ tickets that I want to use for a Zune (I've have a Pink 30GB since the Zune launch) that I want as a backup. I would hate to have to sacrifice the Zune for Office 2007 which I plan to give to my step-dad. If I have to choose him or me I might just go for me.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']

Thanks for all your help, guys. I'd better get to maxing out my accounts to order those Xboxs. :D[/QUOTE]

The advice on this thread has consistently been to NOT order Xboxes. Instead, order the Vistas and MS Offices and sell those to get money for a new Xbox.

[quote name='Jackrabbit$lim']UPS, signature required. [/QUOTE]

Crap, I'm moving at the end of the month. I had contacted Live, and the customer service said that undeliverable packages are returned and points are refunded. Hopefully that happens and the new tenant doesn't jack my USB drive.

So far ive ordered gears 1, habu gaming mouse, and xbox controller for windows
waiting another week for gears 1, i ordered it about 3 weeks ago

[quote name='Splatoon']Still waiting on a 360 ordered 4/8. Was hoping the 1 month rule would apply, and I'm a little nervous since others have been receiving. Running 3 accounts, but I've stuck to the 1 prize per address rule so hopefully nothing got wonked up.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I don't think you're alone on that one...I ordered a 360 on 4/14, haven't heard a thing yet. Also ordered a Camelbak bottle about the same time, maybe a day or something later...haven't heard a thing.

It'll show up, but I think they're just falling behind on shipping or something. :roll:

[quote name='beatmania666']Don't worry, I don't think you're alone on that one...I ordered a 360 on 4/14, haven't heard a thing yet. Also ordered a Camelbak bottle about the same time, maybe a day or something later...haven't heard a thing.

It'll show up, but I think they're just falling behind on shipping or something. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I keep an excel spreadsheet with a couple of my friends to track shipping times, here's the portion of our list that is over a month old. Each of us do about an account and a half a day. Between the three of us April was a pretty big month, unfortunately this is the stuff we haven't heard anything from. In case this puts anyones fears to rest. :) I just think their shipping times are slipping.

Date Ordered:
4/5/2009 Microsoft ZUNE 30GB
4/7/2009 Zune Dock Pack
4/7/2009 Golf Balls
4/8/2009 Men's Live & Let Live T-Shirt, XL
4/9/2009 Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Black
4/12/2009 Xbox 360 System (20 gig)
4/14/2009 Zune Cable Pack
4/14/2009 Zune Dock Pack
4/18/2009 Windows Vista Ultimate

Has anyone gotten flagged for using the auto-type for flexicon? I normally use that and just barrel through each puzzle in under a minute. I'm just wondering if they consider that suspicious or not since I can max out the points in just over an hour.

Here's a tip: Very few people here have actually had their accounts flagged. Most of us use Auto-typer, which as far as I know is not illegal in the eyes of LSC. I myself have received prizes from tickets acquired primarily from auto-typer (namely the keyboard and mouse, which are awesome), so I wouldn't worry so much.

Just because the one-month turnaround became nearly standard for a while doesn't mean it will always be the norm. On the prize confirmation email they say that most prizes ship within 6-8 weeks, so if it goes beyond that scope, then you can worry.

Also, we here at CAG are not psychic and cannot tell when/if a prize will come back or get offered. Those of us who have been doing it for over a year may have a good idea, but we honestly don't know.

Did anyone notice the amount of tickets for the CamelBak Better Bottle decreaqsed by 1,000 tickets. I'm thinking about ordering one now.

I'm still waiting on a Dock Pack from 4/11. I don't see any reason for my account to be flagged except using anagramssolved to finish Flexicon puzzles. However, it may be that I have been typing in answers too quickly. Hopefully my dock pack will show up sometime soon. :/

[quote name='Negra3060']Did anyone notice the amount of tickets for the CamelBak Better Bottle decreaqsed by 1,000 tickets. I'm thinking about ordering one now.[/QUOTE]

I pulled the trigger. Don't know what I'll do with another water bottle, but I'm afraid that one day the site is gonna go all raffle, and I'll wish I had spent my tickets. =\

Now if they'll only put up some more high-ticket items so I can empty out my big account...

[quote name='Negra3060']Did anyone notice the amount of tickets for the CamelBak Better Bottle decreaqsed by 1,000 tickets. I'm thinking about ordering one now.[/QUOTE]

I have two of these and absolutely LOVE them...HIGHLY recommended at the old price, they are a must have at the new price.

[quote name='Negra3060']Here are the lists of prizes and their addition/removal dates that I made. I put them on Mega Upload because the one with pictures is way to big to e-mail and I didn't know anywhere elso to put them.

This one an is just words:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3GK5I08E

This one is a list with pictures:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTLJJB3W

Both lists have been updated recently.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I was considering putting together a Google Doc with something like this and sharing it.

[quote name='Negra3060']Here are the lists of prizes and their addition/removal dates that I made. I put them on Mega Upload because the one with pictures is way to big to e-mail and I didn't know anywhere elso to put them.

This one an is just words:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3GK5I08E

This one is a list with pictures:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CTLJJB3W

Both lists have been updated recently.[/QUOTE]

Thank you this is a really cool resource....

[quote name='meatwad3000']^^ agreed[/QUOTE]

i thought this was going to be something that had all prizes since club live started, which would have been awesome. what's the point of this when you can just go to the site and see the prizes...?:roll:

lol this didn't really seem to have an update, but i guess you don't really need a list of prizes since the club started.....because many of those prizes have not returned a probably never will :( this though is still a good idea negra I liked the list :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: now clap my mini friends lol

[quote name='killer9']we need sum 1 that has been playing since it started in 2007 not a new guy that doesnt know what they had back then[/QUOTE]

exactly. they had a gps up there at one point, and one of those irobot vacuum things, which would have been awesome, compared to the shit that's up there right now

Eventually the list will be better in the future when there are new prizes and the older ones are gone we'll at least have an idea of past prizes.

I'll post new links every friday, so the next update will be on the 29th.

Also the Lantern was removed.

BTW I'm a GIRL not a guy.

well from the top of my head, I knew they had.

Scene it LCA -5100
Canon Powershot Camera (SD1100 I think)- 40000
Samsung Camcorder - 30000
Kameo - 2500
GPS - 20000
iRobot Vacuum- 20000
Rockband 1 25000 - 16000
Zune earbuds 3400
Zune Case 2000
Vista Home Premium
Halo 2 (not sure if it was xbox or pc)
4 Slot Toaster by Kitchenaid?
Blender by Kitchenaid?
Coffeemaker Kitchenaid?
Kitchenaid Mixer
Sony Earbuds
Microsoft webcam vx-3000 and vx-6000
Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 and ZX-6000
Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse Bluetooth Elite 5000
I think Viva Pinata was up there
The xbox used to come with 2 games; Kameo and viva (at least they said they did)
Blue Dragon - 5000
PGR3
Mp3 Sunglasses
Fable 1 - 2500
Microsoft Laptop Tote - 5000
Microsoft Live Arcade Unplugged - 1800
Xbox 360 Faceplates

[quote name='GuyLee']The advice on this thread has consistently been to NOT order Xboxes. Instead, order the Vistas and MS Offices and sell those to get money for a new Xbox.[/QUOTE]

How much does a copy of Vista go for on Ebay these days? I guess I could just sell two copies of Vista and get a Jasper Xbox that way. But is it a hassle to sell them, or can you get a decent amount for them (even with the seller & shipping fees)? And are they the SP1 versions or the ones that were first released?

I'm only mentioning Ebay because I'm not too comfortable with Craigslist (the firearm thing someone mentioned a few pages back--gone HORRIBLY wrong).

If it's a slight pain, I could always just get an Xbox from LSC and buy a backup Jasper 360 Arcade model with the Vista money later on.

[quote name='Negra3060']BTW I'm a GIRL not a guy.[/QUOTE]

I knew there was something odd about the cherries.

OT:

Been sitting on 6400+ points for too long now yet there is nothing I want at the moment. I always resort to dumping them on controllers but I don't need anymore. I still have 3 unopened ones in my closet. Too bad Too Human sucked donkeysack. Some more Zune crap would be cool so I wouldn't have to buy the accessories. Whatever, I can always continue to sit on them and keep it warm. Maybe something will hatch eventually.

I forgot all about some of those prizes. I remember trying to decide between the Roomba and the camcorder (because I have an 8mm camcorder) while I was still building up tickets. I finally had enough for the vacuum, but didn't pull the trigger on it and then it was gone. I would definitely go for the GPS, camcorder, Rock Band, or some of the other prizes if they came back now.

[quote name='decrot']
Halo 2 (not sure if it was xbox or pc)
[/QUOTE]

I think it was the xbox one, because I remembered not getting it because I don't have one.

Also, hey, first cas post, yay.

edit/addition:

[quote name='mr.me']Has anyone seen one of these "double ticket days" mentioned here:

http://club.live.com/Pages/WaysToEarn/WaysToEarn.aspx[/QUOTE]

Yeah, last one I remember was about 3 months ago, they're pretty rare.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mr.me']Has anyone seen one of these "double ticket days" mentioned here:

http://club.live.com/Pages/WaysToEarn/WaysToEarn.aspx[/QUOTE]

These happen, but their fairly rare. I think they probably average like once every six months if not longer. They did one a little while back and I think at least two times before that. Whatever you make up to 1000 gets doubled a few days later when they go in and add the points.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']How much does a copy of Vista go for on Ebay these days? I guess I could just sell two copies of Vista and get a Jasper Xbox that way. But is it a hassle to sell them, or can you get a decent amount for them (even with the seller & shipping fees)? And are they the SP1 versions or the ones that were first released?

I'm only mentioning Ebay because I'm not too comfortable with Craigslist (the firearm thing someone mentioned a few pages back--gone HORRIBLY wrong).

If it's a slight pain, I could always just get an Xbox from LSC and buy a backup Jasper 360 Arcade model with the Vista money later on.[/QUOTE]

The whole thing about buying Vista/Office is that it's cheaper. I've had mine for almost six months now and no problems. The only thing is, it's 20gb. I'd recommend just getting it for 55k and then getting Vista and maybe Office and selling them and using the cash to get a 60 or 120 gb HD, personally.

Here's the cue for someone to call me an idiot noob and complain about the ripoff cost of the 360. It's not that bad of a deal. Especially since there's apparently now a chance you'll get lucky and get one with Forza 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back