Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RESmonkey']Just read a page or two. I'm confused.[/quote]
Well M1C13 summed it up pretty well with "this thread is dead because it is just people talking circles about things they know nothing about."

No one knows exactly when stuff will ship, if it will ship, why some people didn't get a confirmation email, why some people's points were taken away (or not taken away), or countless other things that have been posted again and again over the 68 pages of this thread so far. So just sit back and wait and see like the rest of us. ;)

:: sigh ::

I come back from E3 to find my tickets all gone. Only used the answer key and the anagram site too. Only wanted the webcam, but I guess I won't be getting that it looks like.

It feels sucky that if you simply typed quickly the system went "too many points, fun=over". I managed to get the confirmation screen on flexicon when they implemented that, but that was more out of attempting to prove to myself that it existed (since before I read about it on this thread I hadn't seen it). I used google and dictionary resources for chicktionary and flexicon, but I also manually set a goal for myself of at least 1k tickets/day, sometimes reaching up to 1500 tickets per day. Like I've said before, as long as I get some stuff, they can have the 700 or so points I had left, I most certainly won't be bothering with trying to get Vista Home Premium.

And I wish thee luck CocheseUGA, I do not have any affiliation w/ XBOX Live. I thought it was kinda funny that uagent is a disallowed word as a live sign in, while wtfmate2 is fine.

Yea, I only used the anagram site and one across site too. Once I memorized all the possible answers for Flexicon I didnt even need the site. If they dont ship the rest of my stuff cuz I type too quickly that is kind of gay. I cant see how hard it is for them to find the cheaters. Just find people who have 20+ accounts to one shipping address and delete those people.

Well the only two things I wanted from the site were Vista and a Faceplate for my Xbox. I already got those so I guess I wont be too mad if none of my other prizes ship.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_search_share

Microsoft said it monitors the games and cancels ill-gotten points or prizes, and comScore said bots don't factor into market share calculations.

If so, screw them for using us to boost their search and then not shipping us shit. So what we cheated, look how much they gained from it. And I call BS that the searches the bots made don't factor into the statistics, there's no way that many people actually played through all these boring ass games legitimately (no bots, no answer sheets) and I don't see how when measuring market share they are able to pick and choose which page hits count and which don't.

:rofl:
[quote name='M1C13']Yes, I know where Peter Moore went, it was a joke.

I'm not even going to comment on this anymore, it's like talking to my 2 year old Godson, continue your meaningless survey.

EDIT: If I ever receive my prizes I'll let everyone know but until then this thread is dead because it is just people talking circles about things they know nothing about.[/QUOTE]

On the terms and conditions the only thing I found about cheating is this:

Tickets or Rewards or in any Program-related materials. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify Participants and void their Tickets if found to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Program or are otherwise not in compliance with the Terms as solely determined by Microsoft. All questions or disputes regarding the Program, including without limitation, those involving eligibility, participation, fraud and abuse will be resolved by Microsoft, whose decisions shall be binding on Participants.

This basically gives them the right to do whatever the hell they feel like, and it's not like they're doing it now anyways. If you complete a puzzle fast enough, they WILL delete your points whether it was from a bot, aide, or just pure speed.

It's very clear that they have no intention of actually tracking down cheaters. They know perfectly well that pure speed doesn't mean that you're cheating, but they could care less. They're just looking for excuses to delete your points. I'd also like to point out that they said Microsoft holds the right to disqualify points/prizes due to abuse or fraud or anything not in compliace with Microsoft's terms, but aside from that, they have no visible "terms" on what they consider fraud or abuse. They could delete legit points and say that they consider those to be fraud/abuse even if they're not, and they're already doing this.

In short, just forget about this goddamn promotion. Microsoft wants you to spend hours upon hours of doing the puzzles and if you manage to do it quicker (bots are an acceptable form of abuse, but not aides or pure speed. That's unacceptable), they'll just delete your points. Funny thing is, bots also give them search hits which they're getting money for, but when they invalidate your points, they don't invalidate the hits you gave them. They still keep those.
They just want to look for ways to keep your prizes and still get their money. Yet another way that Microsoft is ripping you off. Just don't bother and forget about this promotion.

Both my and my GF's accounts were wiped of points and we both played by hand. However, I'm on a computer all day, so I only type about 100 words per minute. If they were actively anticipating botting, why didn't they have the CAPTCHAs from the get go?

[quote name='Togepy']http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_search_share

Microsoft said it monitors the games and cancels ill-gotten points or prizes, and comScore said bots don't factor into market share calculations.

If so, screw them for using us to boost their search and then not shipping us shit. So what we cheated, look how much they gained from it. And I call BS that the searches the bots made don't factor into the statistics, there's no way that many people actually played through all these boring ass games legitimately (no bots, no answer sheets) and I don't see how when measuring market share they are able to pick and choose which page hits count and which don't.[/quote]

It really should be a win win situation for them. They get more searches on there shitty search engine AND they put vistas in peoples homes. What they should do is only take away prizes with people than more than one account and just not even care about people who cheated with one account.

They definitely have to factor in the botted searches and stuff. No way in hell legit-legit players only got them that many searches (3% rise, wasn't it?).

Guys, no matter how fast you type, there is still going to be think time reading the clues and figuring out the answers that will be the limiting factor, not the typing speed. Unless of course you are just typing the answers in from a screen shot of a solved puzzle or anagrammer.com. I average about 3 minutes on a flexicon when I'm on a roll but I didn't lose my points, but then again some puzzles took longer than that when I would get stumped by a clue or two and have to switch to other squares solve the flexicon first then go back and fill in the missing answers.

There's still no indication that typing speed is what made people lose the points. If anything I would think repetitive patterns over long periods of time in solving the puzzles would be more the factor over speed.

Is it just me or did they sound extremely nerdy?

Anyways, that's just one random lady. She may not know what the hell is going on and just said something to get them off the phone, considering she sounded all freaked out that they were calling her in the first place.

[quote name='kensterdotnet']Yea, she probably made that up so people would stop calling.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I don't think so...If people had been calling a bunch about this, we would've heard about this before

I Need Help Im Trying To Get The Controll Whit The Adapter Plz Help Wat Gives More Points And Have A Longer Limit Cause Im Done Whit The Chictkitionary W/e

Kill whoever the fuck raised you to be such a moron.
Kill any children you may have spawned.
Kill yourself.

[quote name='ALAMO695']I Need Help Im Trying To Get The Controll Whit The Adapter Plz Help Wat Gives More Points And Have A Longer Limit Cause Im Done Whit The Chictkitionary W/e[/quote]

No, my signature is just text, no people involved.

[quote name='shortaznkid99']Odd I have never tried this site. Btw Kayden is your signature just messing with people?[/quote]

[quote name='musha666']Once I memorized all the possible answers for Flexicon[/quote]

I swear, someone on the writing staff must've known someone to die from an asp bite, considering how a 3-letter word for "deadly desert reptile" came up in just about EVERY puzzle...

[quote name='uagent']I swear, someone on the writing staff must've known someone to die from an asp bite, considering how a 3-letter word for "deadly desert reptile" came up in just about EVERY puzzle...[/QUOTE]

I swear that ASP was in the same puzzle twice...

That and Aesop.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']for those too lazy to listen or can't get the file to work, basically the kid was told that there were shipping problems and that they would start shipping items out next week.[/QUOTE]
ok so I listened to it at work, that is the complete opposite of "concrete proof", I work in CS notice how she said she was going to put them on hold and then didn't thats because she was just getting the off the phone.

[quote name='Secret Turtle']The word "Ore" is in almost every puzzle I've played.[/quote]

Don't forget "Ole", that one shows up constantly too!

[quote name='M1C13']ok so I listened to it at work, that is the complete opposite of "concrete proof", I work in CS notice how she said she was going to put them on hold and then didn't thats because she was just getting the off the phone.[/quote]
She never said she was going to put them on hold, she said to hold on, she was doing something on her computer. But I do agree that its definitly not concrete proof, all she said was that they are having a shipping problem, which doesnt mean crap.

[quote name='Kayden']Kill whoever the fuck raised you to be such a moron.
Kill any children you may have spawned.
Kill yourself.[/quote]

LMAO :applause:

I've got a question..

I have a 360 so I ordered the controller with the adapter a while back. I also plan on using the controller with my PC. Would there be a problem using it for both? Like when I turn on the controller to play on the PC, wouldn't it also turn on the 360? Then I turn the 360 off and the controller would turn off..that would make sense?

[quote name='nikelecious91']I've got a question..

I have a 360 so I ordered the controller with the adapter a while back. I also plan on using the controller with my PC. Would there be a problem using it for both? Like when I turn on the controller to play on the PC, wouldn't it also turn on the 360? Then I turn the 360 off and the controller would turn off..that would make sense?[/QUOTE]
you would need to sync it each time

[quote name='nikelecious91']boo that would suck big time..[/quote]
why? it takes like one second

can someone tell me how many points you can possibly earn from flexicon, because i wanna go for a controller but i don't know if i need to create a new account or if i can still do it on my current one

[quote name='elsnow77']why? it takes like one second

can someone tell me how many points you can possibly earn from flexicon, because i wanna go for a controller but i don't know if i need to create a new account or if i can still do it on my current one[/quote]

True but aside from being a CAG, I'm also a lazy ass gamer. :)

and I think flexicon is from 7000-9000 last time i checked.

My points are no longer listed as available. They're marked as "lifetime". Most of my games were by hand, fyi. I never cashed in for any rewards.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']My points are no longer listed as available. They're marked as "lifetime". Most of my games were by hand, fyi. I never cashed in for any rewards.[/quote]
Problem for anyone LOL:lol:

[quote name='dmasterofgamez']Problem for anyone LOL:lol:[/QUOTE]

For anyone or everyone? I haven't had the chance to "catch myself up" on the last 20+ pages of the thread lately.

Definitely not everyone, quite a few people kept their points. Nothing conclusive on what criteria was used to determine which accounts got zeroed and which didn't though.

yeah thats what ive heard too, people who went too fast got their points zeroed.

anyone got any prizes lately from IL?

still waiting on my controller, got my song downloads today

Banning accounts based on the speed of puzzle completion is stupid. Now all botters have to do is enter a delay into livemacro... Sure it slows them down but it doesn't eliminate the problem.

^ Like I said, they could care less about actually cracking down on cheaters. They're just looking for excuses to take away points while still getting hits. They can zero your points at their discretion of the terms, but I love the fact that they never specified what could be considered fraud/abuse. They most likely did this so they could take away points and make up some lame excuse later.

"You completed puzzles too fast? ZOMG CHEATER!!! 0 POINTS FOR YOU!!!!.........get to keep the hits though".

[quote name='Jobbercho']Got home from work today and saw I had a package waiting and thought it might be my Zune.. turned out to be the new Harry Potter book. :whistle2:|[/quote] I thought that comes out on the 21st?

[quote name='kensterdotnet']I thought that comes out on the 21st?[/QUOTE]
Ordered it from DeepDiscount.com. It shipped Monday and arrived today.

From Wikipedia:

Early delivery

One reader in Maryland received a copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in the mail from DeepDiscount.com four days before it was launched, which evoked incredulous responses on the part of both Scholastic and DeepDiscount. Scholastic initially reported that they were satisfied it had been a "human error" and wouldn't discuss whether they would be penalized.[71] However, later the following day, Scholastic announced that approximately 1 ten-thousandth (0.01%) of the US supply had been shipped early, constituting around 1200 copies,[72] and that it would be launching legal action against DeepDiscount.com and its distributor, Levy Home Entertainment.[73] Scholastic has filed for damages in Chicago’s Circuit Court of Cook County, claiming[74] that DeepDiscount engaged in a “complete and flagrant violation of the agreements that they knew were part of the carefully constructed release of this eagerly awaited book.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back