Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This died awhile ago, and you can thank all the kids who thought they can stay home and have an easy summer job (yes, some of them ordered 10s+ and thought they could resell it for an easy summer job, they probably won't even get one now, lol)

[quote name='Kayden']Were your points zero'd?[/QUOTE]

I emailed them about the status of one of my orders and got the same response. My points did get zeroed out. I think they just see the word status and send out that email.

In two weeks it will be my deadline for my Vista I ordered right before they stopped shipping them. If nothing comes then, this thing is dead to me.

[quote name='Scrubsy']In two weeks it will be my deadline for my Vista I ordered right before they stopped shipping them. If nothing comes then, this thing is dead to me.[/quote]

the origional deadline was 2 months, they only stopped shipping a month ago

[quote name='SharkiJen']Postman - Did you ever get your points back? I have sent a few emails but still no response.[/quote]

Nope, but I couldn't care less, all I wanted was a 360 and now am in the process of buying one.

Only reason am still here is cause I ordered 3 controllers on an account that didn't get zero'd, and according to their records this mean I should get them ??!! I don't know.

[quote name='Scrubsy']In two weeks it will be my deadline for my Vista I ordered right before they stopped shipping them. If nothing comes then, this thing is dead to me.[/quote]

If I assume correctly, you mean to give up and let them get away with not sending you your prize, I would advise against that. Simply because that is what they want, I would go after them until you get the prize or a definitive answer out of them. Yes, it's free shit you got by doing stupid puzzle games, but they agreed to send you said free shit if you did the games, bottomline.

[quote name='Arkilae']If I assume correctly, you mean to give up and let them get away with not sending you your prize, I would advise against that. Simply because that is what they want, I would go after them until you get the prize or a definitive answer out of them. Yes, it's free shit you got by doing stupid puzzle games, but they agreed to send you said free shit if you did the games, bottomline.[/quote]
You obviously haven't been here long, they don't give a flying fuck about us and we have no power against them no matter what we do against them.

[quote name='Scrubsy']You obviously haven't been here long, they don't give a flying fuck about us and we have no power against them no matter what we do against them.[/quote]

I've been playing these stupid games since the site launched, I have also been watching Slickdeals, SA, Facepunch, Club Drive, and others for a month now, along with CAG. No one on any of these sites have gotten prizes since the wipe on 13th July. I would start taking the advice of others here and start making some noise about this being a scam after all.

Hell, myself and others have called Microsoft asking about this Live Search Club, every department we spoke to knew nothing of a Live Search Club, if you call Incentive Logic they will just give you an automated message, if you call their distribution center they say "No shipments from IL" have been sent out. If you look into IL's past their business license in the state of Arizona was revoked a few years back.

I apologize for going off topic though, didn't mean to do so, but I just don't want MS or IL to get away with this. Their search query and market share went up quite a bit thanks to this "contest" and now it appears their trying to screw people out of what they suppose to send them to do these searches for them. I'll try and find the contest laws regarding this later.

[quote name='Arkilae']I've been playing these stupid games since the site launched, I have also been watching Slickdeals, SA, Facepunch, Club Drive, and others for a month now, along with CAG. No one on any of these sites have gotten prizes since the wipe on 13th July. I would start taking the advice of others here and start making some noise about this being a scam after all.

Hell, myself and others have called Microsoft asking about this Live Search Club, every department we spoke to knew nothing of a Live Search Club, if you call Incentive Logic they will just give you an automated message, if you call their distribution center they say "No shipments from IL" have been sent out. If you look into IL's past their business license in the state of Arizona was revoked a few years back.

I apologize for going off topic though, didn't mean to do so, but I just don't want MS or IL to get away with this. Their search query and market share went up quite a bit thanks to this "contest" and now it appears their trying to screw people out of what they suppose to send them to do these searches for them. I'll try and find the contest laws regarding this later.[/QUOTE]

If you consider how much people tried to screw Microsoft over with this, you can somewhat understand their position...there were people using macros and bots, and getting 64 Vista Ultimates total. That's obscene. If there were as many people doing that as I think there may have been, then you can see why they wouldn't ship...

But yea, it's ridiculous that they wipe EVERYONE's account on absolutely no basis, thereby screwing over the wrong people.

[quote name='quadomatic']If you consider how much people tried to screw Microsoft over with this, you can somewhat understand their position...there were people using macros and bots, and getting 64 Vista Ultimates total. That's obscene. If there were as many people doing that as I think there may have been, then you can see why they wouldn't ship...

But yea, it's ridiculous that they wipe EVERYONE's account on absolutely no basis, thereby screwing over the wrong people.[/quote]

Be sure of what I said when I ment by screwing over was not including those who ordered ten or twenty of everything. The screwed over group I was talking about were the legitimates. However, I am not also saying "Ooooh lets go after MS because my twenty Zunes didn't ship" I'm talking about the people who ordered without greed or reckless abandon.

Hell even you did cheat and just ordered one thing, and controlled your greed, is better then what the other people were doing trying to get rich fast, and trying to fraud BB and Wal-Mart out of money. When I saw that people had gone that low, I was disgusted.

All I wanted was a few free movie passes to battle the outrageous prices of tickets today. A night out with the old lady costs over twenty bucks now. M$ better come through for the little guy.

[quote name='Arkilae']Be sure of what I said when I ment by screwing over was not including those who ordered ten or twenty of everything. The screwed over group I was talking about were the legitimates. However, I am not also saying "Ooooh lets go after MS because my twenty Zunes didn't ship" I'm talking about the people who ordered without greed or reckless abandon.

Hell even you did cheat and just ordered one thing, and controlled your greed, is better then what the other people were doing trying to get rich fast, and trying to fraud BB and Wal-Mart out of money. When I saw that people had gone that low, I was disgusted.[/QUOTE]

The thing is I am sure there are quite a bit more cheaters then legit players. I dont really blame them if they decide to not ship any more prizes to anyone. They should at least have the decency to either close down the site; post a notice letting people know they arent giving prizes anymore; or at the very least ANSWER emails from people asking about the status of their orders. Rather then sending a generic email saying "cheaters will not get a prize" send an email saying either you cheated therefore you will not receive shit, or your orders will ship whenever. I cant understand why any legit players would still be using the site now anyways.

Read the TOS. You agreed that they have every right to ship you nothing. They can, for any or no reason, remove your points and cancel your orders at any time. Getting up in arms will do nothing with anyone. Maybe if every one of the 3 million users boycotted the Live search, MS would cave, but thats doubtful.

I ordered 2 controllers(6/25/2007) and they are supposed to come august 20th(i won't even be at home then)
My Vista(7/3/2007) I thought they would send an e-mail like they did for the controllers(they didn't), so i have no status for that...
My coffin arrived in 2 days and these take a billion years

I got email confirmations on all my orders, Vista Ultimate on 6/28 and on my Xbox Controller today. I do hope I see both items but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure MS feels like they've been duped by cheaters and are not obligated to send anything out. So I'll just use up all my remaining points and see if I ever get anything.

Arkilae, it's nice what you're saying, but Kayden is completely right. The TOS clearly states that you'll agree to let them revoke any prizes for any reason. The thing with most websites is that they'll use their powers with reason, only "vetoing" activity when it's fully obvious that it's abuse from the user part. After all, they would want to keep the consumer happy. It's like those stores that say "we can deny service to anybody at any time", but the store usually doesn't use that power unless absolutely necessary.

What pisses me off is that Live Search Club is not using their power properly. They just look for an excuse to zero points and cancel prizes, not necessarily carrying out justice like what they're supposed to. What their doing to the people is filthy and disgusting, but their TOS lets them, so they'll do it.

The "clear out" happened before July, by the way. I ordered items since the 21st of June and haven't heard of any of them. The entire thing started to go rotten the very first time Vista Ultimate was temporarily taken out. Every day that passes is just more reassurance that Incentive Logic has no desire to fill up their end of the bargain. Dirty? Yes. Dishonest? Yes. Can they do it? Yes.

But then everytime I get pissed off I remember that this is Microsoft who we're dealing with, and then it kind of makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire thing is a scam. I mean, give the first players actual prizes to everybody gets excited, then start moving prizes around, send cryptic e-mails and just confuse everyone until they get fed up. In the process their stock goes up and the M$ execs can finally buy their golden comb.

[quote name='Stormtrooper30']How do you guys make so many points in such a small time? Ive been playing for a month now and only have 300 tickets. Im trying to get a Zune.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say by cheating. But if it took you that long to get that few points maybe not.

I racked up 6000 points in 3 days when this began just playing through chicktionary and then flexicon.

If you play through all the games now legit and get enough points for a prize I wish you luck in them sending you it.

[quote name='Stormtrooper30']How do you guys make so many points in such a small time? Ive been playing for a month now and only have 300 tickets. Im trying to get a Zune.[/quote]

So...it took you a month to play 12 games?

[quote name='life.exe']So...it took you a month to play 12 games?[/quote]

It takes me a long time to figure these games out. Chicktionary is hard.

[quote name='Stormtrooper30']How do you guys make so many points in such a small time? Ive been playing for a month now and only have 300 tickets. Im trying to get a Zune.[/quote]

While I would *highly* discourage you from investing *any* time into this site until we get confirmation that things are actually shipping again, I find that flexicon gets really easy once you get used to it, since it's pretty much the same 10 or so answers constantly recycled over and over again. Plus each round pays off 25 tickets/game, so I was able to rack up 1k points a day before being driven mad by the redundancy.

And resmonkey, wtf mate?

Oh and arkilae, I looked up IL's corporate license today, and it came up with a clean status, so I'd be interested to know where you got the information that they had their license revoked.

[quote name='chaobro']in accordance with their 6-8 weeks policy i hope I at LEAST get my 360 controller on August 30th. If not, I will be Pissed.[/quote]

Plan on being pissed then.

I don't understand why everyone is so convinced that no prizes will come. I figure with 6-8 weeks as a ship date and shipping will probably take 2-3 weeks after that. I don't plan on seeing stuff till probably Oct at this rate.

[quote name='djbooba']I don't understand why everyone is so convinced that no prizes will come. I figure with 6-8 weeks as a ship date and shipping will probably take 2-3 weeks after that. I don't plan on seeing stuff till probably Oct at this rate.[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking the same thing

[quote name='LiveSearchClub']
**Notice:

The Live Search Club is committed to providing a positive experience for millions of users that are enjoying these games. Bots or other cheats are not OK! Please be aware that we regularly review game play and have a set of criteria by which invalid activity is easily identified. When we find this type of behaviour, we cancel any prize orders or ticket accruals made by that account, based on the Microsoft Terms and Conditions.[/QUOTE]

Go to the website and click on any game. This message appears in red. Sorry if this is old. I haven't seen it before.

[quote name='Sockey']Go to the website and click on any game. This message appears in red. Sorry if this is old. I haven't seen it before.[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen that but it pretty much confirms if they've zero'ed your account they are suspecting you of invalid activity. But what about the accounts that haven't been zero'ed but can't earn any more points due to a 'communication error'? That's the state mine is in now.

Just realized today's the start of a new month, did they add any more games does anyone know?

"Bots or other cheats" is awfully broad. The bot part isn't, but what do they consider "cheats"? Someone else helping you? Using screenshots of answers? Googling the answers?

IMO they're broad on purpose, so they can say "yes" to all those questions I just made and not be complained to. Again, they're just looking for excuses to zero your points and cancel your orders, not actually upholding authority against those who actually cheat 100%.

[quote name='uagent']While I would *highly* discourage you from investing *any* time into this site until we get confirmation that things are actually shipping again, I find that flexicon gets really easy once you get used to it, since it's pretty much the same 10 or so answers constantly recycled over and over again. Plus each round pays off 25 tickets/game, so I was able to rack up 1k points a day before being driven mad by the redundancy.

And resmonkey, wtf mate?

Oh and arkilae, I looked up IL's corporate license today, and it came up with a clean status, so I'd be interested to know where you got the information that they had their license revoked.[/quote]

Odd, I just checked it as well it's also clean now. Before it wasn't, they had a complaint against them and the State of Arizona had revoked their license. You're checking the Better Business Bureau right? Their license (From the BBB information) was revoked in 2003, they pretty much disappeared for the next two years from the BBB records until 2005. I should have saved that information, it's all been changed now.

I'm about twenty days away from the estimated shipping date for my 360 controllers. Im almost certain they aren't going to come, but I like to be optimistic about free stuff.

Yeah I'm optimistic as well, seeing as how I really need Vista and can't afford it right now. I haven't been playing more games lately just so that I won't have any chance of them claiming I play too fast or whatever their crazy criteria is for blanking points and not sending prizes.

[quote name='Captain DDL']I hope I get my copy of Vista Ultimate. =)[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt they will ship any more Vista Ultimates out. I didnt think that they would when the cheating started up so bad, but once they removed it and added Home Premium for 20000 pts or whatever it is it just about guaranteed that Ultimates wont ship.

I hope I am wrong obviously, but I dont expect to be.

[quote name='musha666']I didnt think that they would when the cheating started up so bad, but once they removed it and added Home Premium for 20000 pts or whatever it is it just about guaranteed that Ultimates wont ship.[/quote]
I took that more as just them trying to recover from all the cheating. By taking Ultimate away they wouldn't have more people abusing the site as much. That doesn't necessarily mean they'd screw over all the legitimate players that just happened to order it during that time as well. Especially considering that more Vista users = good thing for them. We'll all find out for sure in a couple weeks or so. Up until then it's all just speculation.

~20 days 'til the estimated shipping date for my sole, legitimate order of Windows Vista Ultimate from 6/29. I'd certainly like to have this soon so I can dual-boot it with a Macbook I'm planning to get for college this month, and am keeping my hopes slightly up despite the high chances of getting nothing...

Got another blank email this morning. I'm hoping that means that shipments are starting back up. Surely, it means something... Unless they have an automated blank email schedule...

[quote name='xenopii']Got another blank email this morning. I'm hoping that means that shipments are starting back up. Surely, it means something... Unless they have an automated blank email schedule...[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't get one, and I checked my gmail spam box...what did you order?

I think the last blank email came on July 1st.

[quote name='quadomatic']Well, I didn't get one, and I checked my gmail spam box...what did you order?

I think the last blank email came on July 1st.[/quote]

Same, nothing for me eaither. I got a blank email, but it was a while back....

[quote name='quadomatic']Well, I didn't get one, and I checked my gmail spam box...what did you order?

I think the last blank email came on July 1st.[/quote] Just little stuff: a TravelDrive, LifeCam, and a headset. I got the last blank email, too, but it seemed odd to get one, now, after going so long hearing nothing from LSC.

Hmm no blank email for me. I got the last one though. Well hopefully it's a sign of something going on (like shipping!).

[quote name='jennyfur']Hmm no blank email for me. I got the last one though. Well hopefully it's a sign of something going on (like shipping!).[/QUOTE]

Or they are just fuckin' with us some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back