Loco Roco Christmas Demo is up

I didn't DL the Halloween demo, and didn't get this yet, nor do I have the game.

But what's up with the Halloween and Christmas versions..?? Does the game play in Christmas mode... during Christmas?

::confused::

[quote name='lilboo']I didn't DL the Halloween demo, and didn't get this yet, nor do I have the game.

But what's up with the Halloween and Christmas versions..?? Does the game play in Christmas mode... during Christmas?

::confused::[/quote]

Uhh... It is just one demo level and it plays a happy Holiday song and the creatures all have different holiday items on. Like Santa hats and raindeer antlers. Also this latest one is covered in snow, and there is basically a theme going on.

Same with the Halloween one. There are bats flying around and the song is rather spooky.

So it's just a demo of the game, but just holiday'd out?

Because I just didn't quite get the point of "Halloween Demo" "Christmas Demo". I understood that it'd be a level (hence demo) and it'd be in a theme (hence Christmas/Halloween). I had just thought that MAYBE the actual game had Halloween/Christmas theme to it..when you play on those specific days.

Noperz. Just a away to keep pushing out demos to hopefully attract more gamers to the title and hold over those waiting for the sequel.

I thought it was pretty fun. I just wasn't too into the tilt and push one button type of gameplay. To me it seemed like it needed more and often times I would get stuck and feel like I couldn't do anything more than just keep holding R and pushing L (or the reverse). Interesting game, I'll keep the demo on my memory stick but I don't enjoy it enough to go run out and purchase...

I thought it was pretty fun. I just wasn't too into the tilt and push one button type of gameplay. To me it seemed like it needed more and often times I would get stuck and feel like I couldn't do anything more than just keep holding R and pushing L (or the reverse). Interesting game, I'll keep the demo on my memory stick but I don't enjoy it enough to go run out and purchase...

It's basically an extra level...not really a demo. However, I guess they say a demo since you don't need the original game to play. I'll get this eventually.

[quote name='adamones']LOL computer is acting stupid tonight...

Anyone try the Ridge Racer 2 demo? It's the EXACT same damn game, what the hell?[/QUOTE]All Namco did was add R4 courses and call it RR2.

I downloaded the demo. Definitely a lot of fun. :D

[quote name='adamones']I thought it was pretty fun. I just wasn't too into the tilt and push one button type of gameplay. To me it seemed like it needed more and often times I would get stuck and feel like I couldn't do anything more than just keep holding R and pushing L (or the reverse).[/QUOTE]
It's actually surprisingly deep. There's a lot you can do with just the L and R buttons, and if you want to find everything in these levels you have to master it all.

[quote name='lilboo']So it's just a demo of the game, but just holiday'd out?

Because I just didn't quite get the point of "Halloween Demo" "Christmas Demo". I understood that it'd be a level (hence demo) and it'd be in a theme (hence Christmas/Halloween). I had just thought that MAYBE the actual game had Halloween/Christmas theme to it..when you play on those specific days.[/QUOTE]

It's like Christmas Nights from 10 years ago. I love that they're doing this :)

It's such a shame that LocoRoco is languishing on the shelves. It really is a very fun, charming game. And it's not as simple as people make it out to be. You've got to be pretty skilled to find everything.

bread's done
Back