Logitech PlayGear PSP Case - Reviews, discussion and..."tale of the tape"

[quote name='CheapyD']Any CAGs pick one up yet?[/QUOTE]

I really want to pick this up but EB (where I have credit) doesn't have it in yet. It is off their new release list though so they told me they should be getting them in this week.

If anyone knows a place in NYC that got em....let me know...Ive been waiting ever so long for this case. I loathe the Sony "sleeve"

i just called my EB in downtown seattle and they told me they should get them by ground tomorrow, also in the same shipment is ATV Offroad. So I'll report back tomorrow.

I finally got mine today.

I saw all the confusion going on at EB and Gamestop about the release date so I just ordered it online through gamestop.

The case is sweet!! First let's address the latch issue:

I think the person who wrote the review was having trouble opening it because you have to take a look at how the top of the case swivels when you get it, if you are holding it a certain way, it's as if you're closing it as you're trying to open it, it's hard to explain and makes it sound way more complicated than it should, basically if you hold it the right way it's very easy to open, I have no problem with the latch. If anything, it feels secure so as the case won't just open by accident.

I was starting to get sick of the straps that hold the PSP in the Airform and Aero case...some people cut them off, but then it seems the PSP is loose inside the case, that scares me !!! I don't have a screen protector so I try to be careful with the screen. The Airform and Aero also have pockets, but I never trust putting anything in them because it seems as though it's resting right on the screen.

The logitech case is perfect for me. All ports are easily accessible, the PSP fits perfectly inside the case and is very well protected, including the screen even if you have no screen protector. It is also very stylish and compliments the sleek look of the PSP. Playing the PSP while in the case is very comfortable, some would even go as far as saying it feels more comfortable.

Lastly, I really like that it doesn't attract dust and my PSP stays fairly dust-free when in this case, as compared to when kept in my Airform or Aero, the cloth in those seems to attract more dust.

All in all, this case is awesome. I am really satisfied with all it has to offer.

Sounds great, but I really want to order this in store. I went to EB today and they said they don't expect to carry them at all cause their store is small. I guess I'll have to check other EB/GStop's, or just check Best Buy/Circuit City at the end of the week

I got the Logitech case today, nothing but impressed with it. I love how there's a circular opening in the back of it so that you can see the PSP logo. I don't really have a problem with the hatch, it's very secure and easy to open.

There's nothing to hold the PSP inside the case while you're playing it, so if you get jostled and you flip the case over, your PSP's ending up on the ground. But when the case is closed, the PSP is firmly held in place and very securely protected.

But overall it suits my needs perfectly. I wanted something very durable to keep the PSP from getting crushed when it goes into my backpack, and this does the job perfectly. Highly recommended.

I definitely agree with what you guys that have one have already said. The latch is somewhat of a non-issue with it being made to stay closed tight for a reason. Also, I did drop tests today from 3 and 6 feet over thin carpeting (I know I'm stupid, but). The PSP survived both drops and suprsingly the case looks as if took no damage. Just tought I'd let you guys know.

I ordered this on Sunday, it it should be here Thurs.

I ordered from Gamestop.com and used the Free shipping.

Quick question for those that have this... or are thinking of getting this... What do you suggest about hauling around games/ UMD's?? Should I get a seperate Case/ bag to stick EVERYTHING in? I will be travelling a lot over the summer and just wanted to see what you guys thought.

~Jon

I went and picked one up yesterday from Gamestop.

This is a sexy case for a sexy handheld. It's worth the $20. If you have small hands, try one out before you buy it.

i am really interested in getting this case for my psp. thing is, im afraid that once i purchase it, logitech will release the pgp street version. then i might end up spending more money for that case.

[quote name='Derwood43']If you have small hands, try one out before you buy it.[/QUOTE]

It really makes that much of a difference in size?

I've been waiting to see this one come in, seems everyone thought they were getting it yesterday and it didn't arrive anywhere, so I guess I'll see it today.

I'm wondering what the difference is between this one and the next one, the image of it looks like the identical stock photo of the first for now, but it sounds like pockets, which I can't really picture looking like the current model.

I've also been wondering, for those of you who have it~ does it smudge/fingerprint just as easily as the psp's surface?

Nothing this morning in Southern California yet again...why oh why must my PSP continue to live in a sleeve.

Finally found it in my local game store. Case is perfect for what i wanted it for. Its pretty solid and I have no idea why people were complaining about the latch. Its secure and I personally have no problem with it. Now all I need is a screen protector......TO CHINATOWN....AWAY!!!!

Finally got the case. I didn't know that it was clear case. I thought it was silver (fromt the pics people put up) but when I opened it is clear with the black foam. No problems with the latch so far, but as people have said you have to be careful when opening the case because it could fall out.

[quote name='JBlade00']I ordered this on Sunday, it it should be here Thurs.

I ordered from Gamestop.com and used the Free shipping.

Quick question for those that have this... or are thinking of getting this... What do you suggest about hauling around games/ UMD's?? Should I get a seperate Case/ bag to stick EVERYTHING in? I will be travelling a lot over the summer and just wanted to see what you guys thought.

~Jon[/QUOTE]

I carry my 8 games in a GBA SP Airform case. You can get one for cheap at any of the major importers, www.ncsx.com, www.play-asia.com. You can fit up to 9 games in this case.

yea, what is this trash...
supposed to have been released monday, shipped to the stores on monday (arriving tues/wed), and all the EB games/Gamestops say that they haven't even shipped yet, and they don't know the reason
i'm so mad, i want the case

Picked mine up from Gamestop yesterday. Called EB and they said that they are not planning to carry it. It's a cool case, very sturdy and tough. My PSP feels so much safer now in my bag.

[quote name='roachie17']Picked mine up from Gamestop yesterday. Called EB and they said that they are not planning to carry it. It's a cool case, very sturdy and tough. My PSP feels so much safer now in my bag.[/QUOTE]

You made me giggle. I am actually picking mine up at EB later today as it is supposed to come in shipment. It seems EBs in other districts other than mine own have no clue about the stuff they sell.

the EB in my area has no idea when they're getting it, and since the gamestop only got 2 which sold out right away I just ordered it online. I sure hope EB ships within 24 hours like thier site says

LoL this guy wrote this review on EB games..

Jimmy Stalton: 4/20/05
PSP PlayGear Pocket Case, PSP, Accessories SEE IT TO BELEIVE IT
You have to totally buy this case protector!! when I bought mine it came packaged with a logitech demo umd disc!!! it had videos of upcoming games like gran theft auto, mvp baseball and metal gear acid 2: snake charmer(working title?) take my advise and go out and buy this. Its... more>

what a freak

So I just got this thing in the mail, it's pretty wicked... now I just gotta figure out what to do w/ my spare Games/ UMD's... maybe put them in the old case (ha)

Also, if you order off of gamestop.com you don't need to pay shipping and they sent it to me 3 day UPS (shipped monday and got Thurs).

Case at gamestop.com:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801992

Free 3-Day Shipping Code: FREESHIPALL

~Jon

I also got mine today, and it is an excellent case. IMO it is the best caes out there for the price and I find it to be better than the Aero case because in the playgear you can play your psp while it is still in the case. My only gripe with the case is that there is nothing securing it, so if you tilt the case upside down while the top is open, your psp can easily fall out, but for most people that problem is non-existant. The top of the case is also customazible and you can put any picture you want in the upper section. Fantastic for the value.

I gotta get this case but im completely broke :(
Im still waiting for my phantom dust rebate hopefully i get it soon then i can use it to buy the case

Still waiting for ebgames to get it in, or have free shipping online. Reason: EB gift card.

yeah, i have a credit at game rush and eb so i'd like it to show up there but, that said, i am taking a trip on monday and would like to get it before then -- wouldn't it be funny if there were twenty sitting at each target and best buy?

[quote name='JebusMcLucifer']You should try this[/QUOTE]
Pretty good...a small ziplock bag should do the trick as well. I don't think there is much danger of the UMDs breaking...its the protection from dust/dirt thats the most important, IMHO.

Also, I put some updated impressions in the OP.

I asked weeks ago if we could take reserves on it, but the word from corperate was negative~ I'm guessing he forsaw the distribution problem ahead of time, so thankfully I've only had to field questions not angry reserve customers. I still want one though. :(

maybe it will be in today when I stop by (b2g1f started again, score)

Here's my pics of the case. The front allows for nice modding, very easy and customizeable :D
you just lift up the inside flap

It was a bit amusing when I bought it, the first cashier asked if I wanted the EB warranty, and the other cashier said sarcastically "oh yeah because it's only polycarbonite, I mean it'll be ok if it gets run over by a car but what IF it gets run over by an 18 wheeler eh?!"

logipsp1.jpg

logipsp2.jpg

eb received the case today in los angeles, i got one, i would suggest you hurry if you want one (the century city store sold out its six), i got mine at the westside pavillion

had a chance to fiddle with the case --

a few thoughts:

it's just what i was hoping for, i feel like the psp (and the screen) are well-protected when enclosed in the case

latch thing sometimes requires a bit of effort but doesn't seem to be a significant issue

an unexpected benefit is that playing the games in the case (in particular tiger woods) seems to add a bit of stability which seems to have really improved my skill level

the one downside that i see so far is that the psp sits in the case loose in such a way so that if you got bumped (or had a seizure) while it was open the psp could fall out

I got one from Fry's today. If you cant' find one and have a Fry's nearby, try looking there. They had about 8 of them on shelves

The case is nice but I find it uncomfortable pushing the shoulder buttons when the PSP is in the case. I use manual transmission in Ridge Racer and have them set on the shoulder buttons. Kinda hard to press them but I'm getting used to it.

[quote name='vietgurl']ooh, iidx red[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly...

???!

thanks for the pics though. definately solidifies my purchase. lol, now to find one...

sweet. just got the last one at frys today. thanks to Wario64 for the heads up. i was skepitical as to whether or not those major electronic retailers were gonna sell 'em.

I picked mine up today.

Thoughts?
- Very Sleak design. I love how you can see the PSP logo through the back.
- Access to all the buttons. No Need for the Hold button anymore.
- Only Complaint: The latch in the front has to be opened a certain way. The most logical way takes too long to open.

to those who complain about the PSP not being held in, you got to be retarded to get the PSP to fall out of it.

I definitely recommend it.

This is just my two cents.

bread's done
Back