Logitech PlayGear PSP Case - Reviews, discussion and..."tale of the tape"

i saw one a tried one out at EB and i must honestly say it fucking blows. This POS adds about freaking 10 punds to your PSP and adds major bulk. You must also have small hands to access the buttons know. This crap make your PSP look like shit when it is on. Please avoid this junk and save yourself $20+tax!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any problems with the hieght of the case? The EB guy showed it to me real quick at the store and it seemed a little thick. Cheapy listed dimensions on the first page, but he only listed two dimensions, what about the third?

it still fits nicely in my pocket.

here let me measure it completely...

case
Length: 7 inches
Depth: 3 3/4 inches
Height: 1 1/4 inches

psp no/case
length: 6 1/2 inches
Depth: 3 inches
height: 3/4 inches

Here's the Playgear street...

http://www.lolgame.co.kr/news/read.html?num=201&page=1&key=

1114053756.jpg

1114053761.jpg

1114053766.jpg

1114053770.jpg

1114053774.jpg

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']is there a stencil of some sort to cut out a custom skin? If not that be cool if some1 can post one to print out :)[/QUOTE]

Use the foam in the case.

Still upset I don't have mine yet!!! I tried EB and Gamestop last week with no luck....so I went ahead and ordered it online at EBgames.com. Very cool to see those custom skin jobs!!! Can't wait for mine!

After spending some quality time with the PSP this weekend, I am convinced this is one of the most useful and functional accessories ever!

So, I noticed something interesting today while I was listing to mp3s this morning.
If you apply a decent amount of pressure (through the closed case) to where the X button is, you can actually start and stop the music. Who needs the remote!

I too got this case about a week ago and I love it!

But I couldn't find it at any stores so I ordered it off Gamestop's website with "FREESHIPALL" and somehow I ended up getting free 3-day shipping!

They actually had ONE in stock the other day at Gamecrazy on Milwaukee in Chicago if anyone's still looking.

I got my case form the ebgames webside, I prepurchased the charger case that comes out in a few weeks also. I love the PlayGear, but one thing bugs me, and that is that speakers of the PSP are mostly covered. I like to watch movies, and downloaded videos, and it is hard to hear . I use my PSP mostly at work, and I don't use the earphones so I can hear what is going on around me. At home or traveling, I use the earbuds.

By the way I ordered a the Pelican earsubs. They are amplified ear phones. I should have them next week.

I finally picked one of these up at Gamestop. Anyway I notice that I have to push down with a little bit of force for it to close....does anyone else have this or am I just lucky? I am a little worried that the black part of the case is rubbing up against the top of the PSP.

The case is a super tight fit, so I think that is normal. The case closes so tight, that if you squeeze it while its closed, you can hit the X button!

[quote name='CheapyD']The case is a super tight fit, so I think that is normal. The case closes so tight, that if you squeeze it while its closed, you can hit the X button![/QUOTE]

Ahh Ok cool. Definitely a nice case though. I wish someone would make something like this for the DS....Although it's probably not as necessary.

If they made it exactly the same, and to fit the DS--it would be really really huge...people would definately not want to carry it around!

Anyone looking for this case might wanna try ebay.I just bought one on there for $.01 brand new in package.Shipping is $8.00 though but it beats the $14.99 price tag at ebgames/gamestop

Sellers name is buypcdirect

[quote name='JMEPO']Does this case work for the slim? If not is there a slim version?[/quote]

Slim version is coming out in September I believe. I think it'll kinda shake around in the case if you try to put a Slim in there.

The regular playgear has three issues for the slim:

1) The headphone jack is blocked
2) The inner section is 3-4 mm larger than the slim, meaning it'll jiggle around
3) It's roughly 5 mm deeper than the slim.

However:

1* Can be fixed by extending one of the holes in the playgear by 1cm x 1cm, which can easily be done with a small saw.

2* Can be fixed by cutting off the lower edges of the foam and "tucking in the foam". After a week or so, they will stay there without any support.

3* Doesn't really matter, since fixing 2* means the PSP will stop jiggling.

bread's done
Back