Long time LIVE members getting FREE commemorative XBOX?

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']Go to "profile" on the rightmost blade of your xbox guide

I'm thinking probably founding member just meant I joined in the first year but these only go to those that joined in the first month?[/QUOTE]

My profile shows 10 today but no console in the mail.

On another note they are offering a free Gamerpic & arcade game on the Dash to celebrate the 10 years.

Hmmm...it's a contest. But...how does this play into the 10 year thing? How is this "rewarding" long time suscribers? Why have some select few already received the console?? Questions! Questions! Questions!

From Major Nelsons blog:

Wow…how time flies! 10 Years ago today, Xbox LIVE officially launched and today we all celebrate this milestone. On behalf of everyone here on the Xbox team…thank you for your support over the past ten years. Thank you for believing, like we did, that a premium online service has a place in console gaming. We took a gamble when we launched the original Xbox by including a network port on the back before there was even a service to connect with. No extra network adapter or modem to purchase – you were ready out of the box (and arguably, before we were!)
In November 2002, we launched with games like MechAssault, NFL Fever and of course Ghost Recon and since then we’ve never stopped building the service as your center for always on, always connected gaming and entertainment.
To celebrate, head over to Xbox.com for details on how you can win one of the VERY limited edition Tenth Anniversary consoles* and pick up your free copy of Wreckateer. Plus members can save 50% on Castle Crashers, Battlefeld 1943, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, Bastion, Peggle and Full House Poker. Don’t forget to download the free Gamer picture Your local Xbox.com may also have additional promotions for the anniversary, so be sure to sign in with your account and see what’s up and details.
*See contest rules for details and restrictions
PLUS: Today only (Thursday, November 15th) I am giving away 10 free One year subscriptions to Xbox LIVE Gold every hour for 10 hours. Starting at 11a ET/8a PT I’ll be looking at Twitter for @replies to @MajorNelson tagged with #XboxLIVEis10 where you tell me your favorite memory, game or experience you had on Xbox LIVE over the past 10-years. If you have room, throw in your Gamertag as well.
Every hour from 10a ET/7a PT until 7p ET/4p PT I’ll be giving away 10 Xbox LIVE One-year Gold Subscriptions. Remember you must be following me so I can DM you a code if you are randomly chosen. The contest is open to my twitter followers in all Xbox LIVE regions. I am not doing the random giveaway at the same time every hour, I’ll be mixing it up a bit to make it interesting. You also don’t have to keep track if you won or not, if you are chosen, I’ll DM you a code. One entry per person please.

I just got a message from LIVE on my xbox giving me a code to download a 10 year helmet for my avatar..... lol I'd rather have the xbox

[quote name='AEJustin1']I just got a message from LIVE on my xbox giving me a code to download a 10 year helmet for my avatar..... lol I'd rather have the xbox[/QUOTE]

i too got the message. anyone have any clue what it looks like? i didn't use my code yet.

side note, my profile says 7 years. i don't remember if i took a break from live or not and at one point i had to change my gamertag.

Shoo I was about to be bummed since I allowed my 2002 to die off and just made a new one when I got the 360. Oh well got the email for the contest and entered.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Shoo I was about to be bummed since I allowed my 2002 to die off and just made a new one when I got the 360. Oh well got the email for the contest and entered.[/QUOTE]
lol same here buddy, this information about a free xbox came out of nowhere lol, I mean if we did save our 10 yearr GTs we could have gotten one.

[quote name='AEJustin1']I just got a message from LIVE on my xbox giving me a code to download a 10 year helmet for my avatar..... lol I'd rather have the xbox[/QUOTE]

LOL i just got this too :)

[quote name='downsouthtigger']This! Im glad theyre saying they'll give it out to long time subscribers but in reality its probably more likely 10 year employees. Who else would have been onboard with live from day 1? This will go great with Larry's Surface that he mentioned on twitter. Which also was prob given to him free by MS. :drool:[/QUOTE]

I bought it day 1, but only had dial-up so I couldn't play it :(

[quote name='betterdayz']do you have to be 10years to get the helmet[/QUOTE]

No. I've been a member since January 2004 (8 years) and I got the helmet code.

Picture from some clowns Ebay listing. lol

$T2eC16FHJGQE9noMZJ%29nBQp%28dp%29%28Kw%7E%7E60_12.JPG

EDIT: Also in your email box they send the same code and a breakdown of how long you spent playing on XBL in multiplayer games this year as well as in apps. SCARY stats and duh it shows the helmet as well lol

Hi Folks,

I was part of the original beta (which was 500 people I believe). When I log into my Microsoft account I even have the transaction from 8/26/2002 for 16 months of Xbox Live. My year 10 rolled over on my account around that date (well before today), so I guess I'd be the best "bench test" to see if everyone's getting one of these or not. At this point, I've gotten no emails about this, nor has something shown up at my door. I'll try to keep everyone posted if I do get one in the mail. My account has been Gold and kept current for the entire 10 years.

[quote name='bx1018']Hi Folks,

I was part of the original beta (which was 500 people I believe). When I log into my Microsoft account I even have the transaction from 8/26/2002 for 16 months of Xbox Live. My year 10 rolled over on my account around that date (well before today), so I guess I'd be the best "bench test" to see if everyone's getting one of these or not. At this point, I've gotten no emails about this, nor has something shown up at my door. I'll try to keep everyone posted if I do get one in the mail. My account has been Gold and kept current for the entire 10 years.[/QUOTE]

When did your 9 turn to 10? Yesterday?

Where do you find out how long they have you as being a member.... I was alos in the original live beta test and only received a helmet. Just wondering

Wow, 11/16/02 - I remember being on from day one. No email or contact from MS for me either...I'll keep my fingers crossed though!

I'm surprised this hasn't turned into a thread full of people complaining that they're entitled to an Xbox. Let's call MS and ask for a manager until we get what we deserve!!!!!

I've had the same GT since 11/24/06 and the last time I was Gold (mid-August) I'm pretty sure my tenure number was 5. But I'm currently Silver and haven't been Gold the entire 6 years.

I hope I at least get a helmet. :)

[quote name='the indianbeast']how do you get this helmet or console??[/QUOTE]
helmet is for 5 year+ people if u qualify u will have a messege in your inbox on your xbox and console is a giveaway

well. i play xbox since day 1 but have gold for 1,5 years. i guess i can buy a console by myself with my saved money :D

Finally got around to checking my join date on the account look up thing. Guess I am only 9 years joined 11/2003. I never got a XBL gold until later as I was helplessly addicted to SOCOM on PS2. Wikipedia says it came out August 27, 2002...

Some of us are showing our age in here lol.

i have 5 years on my account and my bro has 4 he got the helmet and i didnt also got over 100,000gamerscore and my xbl gold dont end till 5/16/2015 lol they should sent me something lmao jk congrats to everyone that received something

Any way of telling how long you have had an account on live? I'm sure I wont get the 360 however it would be nice as I think I'm about to have my second rrod. I know I have enough time for the avatar helmet, but I'm not sure on the number of years I have with live. I have read that some received an e-mail telling them along with the code however I just received two messages on live. Both of them had a different code and nothing saying how long I have been a member.

[quote name='sendme']Any way of telling how long you have had an account on live? I'm sure I wont get the 360 however it would be nice as I think I'm about to have my second rrod. I know I have enough time for the avatar helmet, but I'm not sure on the number of years I have with live. I have read that some received an e-mail telling them along with the code however I just received two messages on live. Both of them had a different code and nothing saying how long I have been a member.[/QUOTE]

this ->

[quote name='slickkill77']It can kind of be a pain in the ass but here goes....

Go to xbox.com
Click on my account on the top right
Then go to billing history on the bottom left
Then subscriptions
On the left hand side click on whatever your current gold is (1 month, 1 year etc...)
Then click on view history and scroll on down

Sometimes the history wont load but just keep trying

Purchase Date:
01/01/2004[/QUOTE]

Some of you 5 year + guys (who have nit received your helmet) should contact support chat ASAP and have them resend/send you the email. My nephew had the same problem with his 10 year account and is being sent a code by them in 48 hours.

[quote name='Ninja Twin']Some of you 5 year + guys (who have nit received your helmet) should contact support chat ASAP and have them resend/send you the email. My nephew had the same problem with his 10 year account and is being sent a code by them in 48 hours.[/QUOTE]

could you put a link to support chat please?

@Johnny

Log into xbox.com on the web and look for a support or contact us link at tge bottom of the page. You need to select Support Chat (Not Ambassador chat) and it takes 30-40 minutes to vonnect with them.

I would link you but I am on Tapatalk.

[quote name='superhippy1986']I lolz at how people don't mind paying $60 for a game and 60 a year to play that game online lolz[/QUOTE]

I lolz at people that think most of us pay full retail for XBL. I haven't paid full retail in probably eight years. Most years I get my XBL for $35 or $30. Past couple of months I've been paying even less

[quote name='jcmeadows']I have been a member for 10 years, in fact I have been on Xbox live since the alpha beta. Been a paying member ever since. What how much money have I gave them?!?![/QUOTE]

hmmm...for 10 yrs @ $50 ~ $60 annually, my math says around $500 ~ $600. does that seem right?

timing is suspect since it happens to also be the nintendo wii-u console launch this weekend.

for the amount of subscription money live members paid, getting avatar items seems insignificant.

if microsoft actually converted your gamerscore into microsoft points on a 1-to-1 ratio so that you could use them to purchase DLC add-ons or full games, then that be something of a real reward. otherwise, it's sloppy seconds; so no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ninja Twin']@Johnny

Log into xbox.com on the web and look for a support or contact us link at tge bottom of the page. You need to select Support Chat (Not Ambassador chat) and it takes 30-40 minutes to vonnect with them.

I would link you but I am on Tapatalk.[/QUOTE]

thnx bro! im on wait number 12 of 53

[quote name='superhippy1986']I lolz at how people don't mind paying $60 for a game and 60 a year to play that game online lolz[/QUOTE]

I lolz at people who think other people on CAG pay full SRP for XBL Gold, let alone games.

I am genuinely curious as to how many non-stop 10-year members there are. Would love for MS to release those numbers, though i know they won't.

I really think it has to be 10K or less.

Looks like I have been around since 2005. That I think is about the time I got my 360 and sounds about right. I don't remember having it hooked up to my Xbox because I didn't have wireless and the cable would have had to run into another room.

[quote name='cthomer5000']I am genuinely curious as to how many non-stop 10-year members there are. Would love for MS to release those numbers, though i know they won't.

I really think it has to be 10K or less.[/QUOTE]

I would say a couple hundred. There is no way MS is giving that many Xbox for free.

I had Live before I signed up here. The years only count time you had gold minus trials and I had some dead time, so still at 8.

Those of us who got the Thomson drive launch Xbox, the Duke controller and the Xenon launch Xbox 360 should get a fucking medal. They don't need to send me a new 360 but the least they could do is replace my Xenon with an HDMI unit the next time I ship it out for repairs.

You can also check how many years you have by looking at your profile. The number will be at the upper right.

I've got 7 years and they sent me the code twice. Both times was on the Xbox, not email.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']hmmm...for 10 yrs @ $50 ~ $60 annually, my math says around $500 ~ $600. does that seem right?

timing is suspect since it happens to also be the nintendo wii-u console launch this weekend.

for the amount of subscription money live members paid, getting avatar items seems insignificant.

if microsoft actually converted your gamerscore into microsoft points on a 1-to-1 ratio so that you could use them to purchase DLC add-ons or full games, then that be something of a real reward. otherwise, it's sloppy seconds; so no thanks.[/QUOTE]

That is a dumb idea. They would lose so much money. Don't fix what isn't broke. I feel bad for you that you pay full price for everything and you are on CAG

bread's done
Back