Long time LIVE members getting FREE commemorative XBOX?

Been around since the original beta, always a gold account and received the helmet e-mail but no console. Someone posted they received a console but I haven't seen any pictures yet. Anyone up to posting any from their actual shipment?

[quote name='cmp2005']i have 5 years on my account and my bro has 4 he got the helmet and i didnt also got over 100,000gamerscore and my xbl gold dont end till 5/16/2015 lol they should sent me something lmao jk congrats to everyone that received something[/QUOTE]

I know it's bullshit. Granted I don't played XBL or buy gold with the intention of receiving anything in return but when it comes out and is said that anyone over five year gets something I fucking want it...If I meet the requirement which in this case I do.

Been a member for 5 years and 1 month. 106,000 Gamerscore and in 2010 I had my XBL Gold taken care of until March of 2013. Since I've joined I've only been silver for maybe 2 weeks. So annoying.

Congrats to people who received the helmet and other goodies, even if you were under the five year mark. ;)

I got the helmet too and under my purchase history it says I bought a 12-month on 9/17/2003.

Damn, I thought I had it from the beginning. I want that xbox.

[quote name='bob101910']That is a dumb idea. They would lose so much money. Don't fix what isn't broke. I feel bad for you that you pay full price for everything and you are on CAG[/QUOTE]

Sir, you suck at reading. I feel bad for us English speakers.

Due to loads complaints from 8-10 year members not getting their stuff, MS support is now forwarding people to their rewards support forums where all questions regarding this are conveniently not answered.

They are also warning people against selling or giving them away as apparently these are tied to the gamer tag and they will take the required action.

[quote name='MaXx']Been around since the original beta, always a gold account and received the helmet e-mail but no console. Someone posted they received a console but I haven't seen any pictures yet. Anyone up to posting any from their actual shipment?[/QUOTE]
There's an unboxing on IGN.

[quote name='Ninja Twin']Due to loads complaints from 8-10 year members not getting their stuff, MS support is now forwarding people to their rewards support forums where all questions regarding this are conveniently not answered.

They are also warning people against selling or giving them away as apparently these are tied to the gamer tag and they will take the required action.[/QUOTE]

i highly doubt that they are gonna do anything about giving/selling the codes.

I actually got an email telling me my stats on xbox live today..... there was no code no nothing. just stats. It is kinda odd to tell the truth

[quote name='tokyostomp']i highly doubt that they are gonna do anything about giving/selling the codes.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it too. This seems like a major fk up which is why they are not responding to posts on the forum. Some phone support guys are even hinting that they will ban people who resell their codes as they are linked to profile he the the system message.

[quote name='slickkill77']I got three helmet codes...weird
One in an email, 2 in my xbox[/QUOTE]

I got 3 also, but they were all the same

[quote name='r3dreck']ha, funny stuff who in their right mind would spend that... get real, I can see maybe $600 at best but 10k?[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Writing he's ill, i doubt it, hes just tryna fool with people. 10K you can buy 100 xboxes ;/

[quote name='Pwny']Indeed. Writing he's ill, i doubt it, hes just tryna fool with people. 10K you can buy 100 xboxes ;/[/QUOTE]

Ha, now that I think about it he prob doesn't even have the box.. for 10k I want to see a picture.

He's got some snapshots of the letter enclosed with it. If there are less than 200 of these in existence, I'd bet someone will give at least $2000 for one.

[quote name='bx1018']He's got some snapshots of the letter enclosed with it. If there are less than 200 of these in existence, I'd bet someone will give at least $2000 for one.[/QUOTE]

He just added those... good thing it seemed kinda fishy without.

[quote name='slickkill77']I got three helmet codes...weird
One in an email, 2 in my xbox[/QUOTE]
I had that happen also, they really wanted to make sure you saw you won something. lol
Here's what it looks like if anyone cares;
exclusive_helmet.jpg

Only have a 5 year near my name, been around since 2003-ish.

I know a guy (from CAG) who sold his console for 4K and donated the money to Wounded Warrior Project. Much respect to the guy who bought it as the money will help some people.

Did anyone manage to redeem a helmet code on a UK account? I got hold of a code but it refused to work on my UK profile telling me it was invalid when inputting it on the console and there was a problem with the offer on Xbox.com. I tried it on my US account and it worked perfectly. A bit annoying though as I really wanted it on my main profile.

[quote name='Karl of Duty XP']Did anyone manage to redeem a helmet code on a UK account? I got hold of a code but it refused to work on my UK profile telling me it was invalid when inputting it on the console and there was a problem with the offer on Xbox.com. I tried it on my US account and it worked perfectly. A bit annoying though as I really wanted it on my main profile.[/QUOTE]
It's region locked then. At least you confirmed it for some people who wanted to know.

I bought into Live the first day it was available in my hometown through a purchase of MechAssault. Let my account lapse for about 2 months at one point in 2005... wish I hadn't now!

Lost my original Live name as well: "an unborn baby". It's pathetic, but I did get a kick out of reading "[username] killed an unborn baby." whenever someone shot me down in Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

It's becoming apparent that only select people got these consoles and not every 10 year member like it was initially thought from reports.

Well I won 4000 MS points from their anniversary contest.

Do have to admit that I got a little overexcited when I saw the return address & subject line - forgot there were other prizes besides the console. Oh well - still very happy!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Well I won 4000 MS points from their anniversary contest.

Do have to admit that I got a little overexcited when I saw the return address & subject line - forgot there were other prizes besides the console. Oh well - still very happy![/QUOTE]

nice... what's the subject of the email?

[quote name='r3dreck']nice... what's the subject of the email?[/QUOTE]

"Big News from The Xbox LIVE 10 Year Anniversary Sweepstakes!" and the sender was "Prize Fulfillment."

[quote name='KaneRobot']Well I won 4000 MS points from their anniversary contest.

Do have to admit that I got a little overexcited when I saw the return address & subject line - forgot there were other prizes besides the console. Oh well - still very happy![/QUOTE]
Anniversary contest? Wuh?

bread's done
Back