*LOOK!* Skyrim on sale starting 2/26 @ Walmart $39.96!!!

efizzee23

CAGiversary!
For those who haven't picked up Skyrim yet: just browsing the Wed Oregonian newspaper which included Walmart's ad for Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim on sale for $39.96 starting Sunday 2/26 til Saturday 3/2. Great opportunity to pick this game up at an excellent price!

Debating waiting for Skyrim GOTY edition since I have a backlog at the moment. Thanks to this site I went on a bit of a spending spree w/Amazon, gohastings and glyde every time there were discounts/deals too good to pass up.

Also playing through New Vegas atm and I will definitely need a palate cleanser between massive open world games.

Using Oblivion release dates as a timeframe:
Oblivion release: March 2006
Oblivion Shivering Isles DLC: March 2007
Oblivion GOTY: September 2007

So if it followed this pattern, Skyrim GOTY would be June 2013. Yeah, I'm probably not THAT patient. But my backlog is still holding me back on jumping on this Walmart deal right now. Oh, what to do, what to do...

[quote name='MSUHitman']Have fun playing Skyrim in 2013.[/QUOTE]

Skyrim will be better in 2013 because by then it should have most of the kinks worked out :)

Great price. I have only sunk about 170 hours into this game so far, and I get the feeling I only completed 10 percent of the game. :)

[quote name='Whedon']Debating waiting for Skyrim GOTY edition since I have a backlog at the moment. Thanks to this site I went on a bit of a spending spree w/Amazon, gohastings and glyde every time there were discounts/deals too good to pass up.

Also playing through New Vegas atm and I will definitely need a palate cleanser between massive open world games.

Using Oblivion release dates as a timeframe:
Oblivion release: March 2006
Oblivion Shivering Isles DLC: March 2007
Oblivion GOTY: September 2007

So if it followed this pattern, Skyrim GOTY would be June 2013. Yeah, I'm probably not THAT patient. But my backlog is still holding me back on jumping on this Walmart deal right now. Oh, what to do, what to do...[/QUOTE]

What you do is you say screw the backlog, buy Skyrim, and play that! The game is absolutely fantastic, definitely my favorite of 2011. One of the few games that is worth the full price.

Take note that this is coming from a guy with a ridiculous backlog himself though...

Great deal. I just finished up my time in Skryim. I don't even want to say how many hours it was. It's kind of depressing. But if ever there was a game worth the full $60...

[quote name='eugaet']*Lಠ_ಠK!*

No offense meant, OP, just something that struck me as funny this morning...

Sale starts 2/26.
EDIT: Ah, I see, previous posters reported the price drop already in effect at their local Walmart.[/QUOTE]
Yup. So on 2/26 I'll just go by my local walmart and get a price match.

[quote name='efizzee23']Sorry if I offended those with my "*" and "!." I just wanted to emphasize that this is a great deal and the lowest price I've ever seen this game go on sale for. BTW, the ad should be nationwide, not just Oregon, as I'll have pics of the ad up tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing many people (including myself) bought it for the same price at Toys R Us (or a price matching competitor) last December.

Solid deal on a great game.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']Morrowind had a goty, oblivion had a goty, I'll be very surprised if Skyrim doesn't get one, especially since Oblivion won far less goty awards than skyrim, and I'm not sure Morrowind won any.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious to know what you think "goty" means as, apparently, it doesn't mean "Game of The Year" to you.

"GOTY" has become a catch-all term for a re-released version of a game with extras included. It doesn't have to correspond to any actual award.

[quote name='Runch']Hopefully we'll get a Bestbuy/Amazon price match.[/QUOTE]

Amazon *always* matches Walmart. Well, most of the time. Usually. :bouncy:

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']Morrowind had a goty, oblivion had a goty, I'll be very surprised if Skyrim doesn't get one, especially since Oblivion won far less goty awards than skyrim, and I'm not sure Morrowind won any.[/QUOTE]

Morrowind won 65 Game of the Year awards. Out of all Bethesda titles, it's won the most.

Oblvion 1.5 released about 4 months ago and its still $40 bucks?????? This is definitley not Slick. Let me know when it hits $20 like New Vargas did.

[quote name='Flying Frog']Oblvion 1.5 released about 4 months ago and its still $40 bucks?????? This is definitley not Slick. Let me know when it hits $20 like New Vargas did.[/QUOTE]

WTH? Slick? You should check the URL in your address bar, friend. You're on cheapassgamer, not Slick Deals.

The 40 dollar version is the GOTY collectors edition and it came with a making of DVD and a steelbook.

The regular GOTY (1.5) is 20. It's actually like 15.99 at my Walmart

It'll be just as fun as Oblivion was when I bought the GotY edition over two past the date of the original versions release. We won't be missing out on anything.

[quote name='RoninChaos']SO can anybody confirm they actually got skyrim for 40 or post up the add?[/QUOTE]

I did the markdown for my store wensday and may the ghost of sam walton haunt me if I'm lying.

You can always buy at it full today and get it adjusted Sunday, you have 7 days from date of purchase for any adjust.

[quote name='manoverboard21']My local BB is going out of business, they have a sealed 360 copy for 29.99, should I get it??[/QUOTE]

Do you want to play Skyrim? Do you have an Xbox 360? If 'yes', then I think you've got to get it.

Considering the backlog, probably won't even get to it until 2014.

[quote name='astr0boy']Morrowind won 65 Game of the Year awards. Out of all Bethesda titles, it's won the most.[/QUOTE]

Well I did a quick wikipedia search on the goty list, and it didn't come up (though there are few entries from 2002). Obviously it had to win some to get the goty title, I was just wondering if it was one of those misleading ones where one publication give you goty, so then you get to put it on your cover. At any rate, Skyrim is getting a goty edition I have little doubt.

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']Waiting for inevitable goty edition.[/QUOTE]

^This
And backlog says: "Fine with me".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flying Frog']Oblvion 1.5 released about 4 months ago and its still $40 bucks?????? This is definitley not Slick. Let me know when it hits $20 like New Vargas did.[/QUOTE]

CAG in Training ... indeed.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Do you want to play Skyrim? Do you have an Xbox 360? If 'yes', then I think you've got to get it.[/QUOTE]
yes and by the time ur reading this it's probably all gone.

More like 2014 since there has not even been any expansions or even DLC for the game released yet, and what with all of lifes vagaries, you might not be around then. This is one of those very few games I bought at release (well a couple months after when steam had it on sale)

Guys, saw this deal and wanted to find if it were true and I know I was waiting for evidence just like many of you. Well, I stopped at my local Walmart and look what I found:
*Sorry it's blurry, that glass is not friendly for phone photos.

IMG_20120223_174308.jpg

you guys are big time nerds, just because you are on the internet you have to find 1 thing to make fun of, just because he typed LOOK !. OH WOW THAT GUY JUST SAID LOOK IN CAPS AND HE PUT !!!!!!THESE!!!!!
HERE IS ARE CHANCE TO MAKE FUN.

HEY BEVIS WANA GO TRY AND SCORE WITH A CHICK ?.... YEAH BUTT HEAD THAT WOULD BE COOL !

[quote name='Alex121006']you guys are big time nerds, just because you are on the internet you have to find 1 thing to make fun of, just because he typed LOOK !. OH WOW THAT GUY JUST SAID LOOK IN CAPS AND HE PUT !!!!!!THESE!!!!!

HEY BEVIS WANA GO TRY AND SCORE WITH A CHICK ?.... YEAH BUTT HEAD THAT WOULD BE COOL ![/QUOTE]
:rofl: Isn't this sorta ironic? You're insulting other people for being nerds on a video game site, yet you're here too. So what does that make you? Hmmm. Yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Alex121006']you guys are big time nerds, just because you are on the internet you have to find 1 thing to make fun of, just because he typed LOOK !. OH WOW THAT GUY JUST SAID LOOK IN CAPS AND HE PUT !!!!!!THESE!!!!!

HEY BEVIS WANA GO TRY AND SCORE WITH A CHICK ?.... YEAH BUTT HEAD THAT WOULD BE COOL ![/QUOTE]

Wow, how observant of you, big time nerds, imagine that on a video game deal website there would be nerds. Are you Batman? Seriously your powers of observation are so impressive you must be Batman, you have some insane detective ability to figure out there's nerds on this site. I can only guess that you misspelled Beavis in order to throw the Joker off your trail, to which I say, well played Sir.

[quote name='iwannadie']Wow, how observant of you, big time nerds, imagine that on a video game deal website there would be nerds. Are you Batman? Seriously your powers of observation are so impressive you must be Batman, you have some insane detective ability to figure out there's nerds on this site. I can only guess that you misspelled Beavis in order to throw the Joker off your trail, to which I say, well played Sir.[/QUOTE]

I came for the Skyrim and stayed for teh lulz :lol: :applause:

Gonna pick it up soon, thnx OP.

EDIT: Reminded me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8

i can't speak for anyone else, but i typically look for things to make fun of regardless of whether i'm on the internet or not. :booty:

Fellow CAGS, not everyone considers this the greatest game ever. Many of us are ok with waiting for a $20 or below price, just like literally every other game to come out ever. Try not to overreact (Although $40 for this is tempting...)

Stopped at the Norwalk, CA store on the way home from work yesterday. They had a tag out with the new price but no PC copies available.

bread's done
Back