*LOOK!* Skyrim on sale starting 2/26 @ Walmart $39.96!!!

efizzee23

CAGiversary!
For those who haven't picked up Skyrim yet: just browsing the Wed Oregonian newspaper which included Walmart's ad for Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim on sale for $39.96 starting Sunday 2/26 til Saturday 3/2. Great opportunity to pick this game up at an excellent price!

[quote name='coldwine']Dropped by the Edison NJ Walmart last night and picked it up, but it rang up for $60. Didn't have time to ask them to use the hand scanner, which I'm assuming would have shown the lower price. Now I need to get the price adjusted, any good tips how to get that done quickly and efficiently?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

http://localad.walmart.com/Walmart/Entry/Flash?storeref=5154&forceview=y

My local ad shows that it's selling for $40 (page 22-23) but the online price doesn't reflect this. Show'em the ad, maybe?

I read that the sale includes the PC version, but when I look at my local ad, the sale only applies to the PS3/Xbox. No love?

Dropped by my local Wal Mart - it had plenty of copies for every version. Got myself PC version - $40 + tax. Good deal if you want to play Skyrim right away. If you can wait, then do so as price will inevitably drop pretty soon. We can realistically see $30 sales by mid spring.

[quote name='coldwine']Dropped by the Edison NJ Walmart last night and picked it up, but it rang up for $60. Didn't have time to ask them to use the hand scanner, which I'm assuming would have shown the lower price. Now I need to get the price adjusted, any good tips how to get that done quickly and efficiently?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
That's also because technically the sale was only supposed to have started TODAY, but most stores were implementing the price sooner. This was listed as a 'one time only' sale in the flyer from WM today in my local paper, so chances are this isn't a price drop but a limited time sale.

So for those procrastinating on getting this now who really do want it, I would suggest getting out there sooner than later.
[quote name='kellte2']Just you wait...[/QUOTE]
Oh I know it'll probably go on sale or drop another $10 someplace. Hopefully it does so BEFORE the return/PM period at BB lapses though, so I can go get MORE money back.;)

Now I gotta hope that Kingdoms Of Amalur drops $20-30 during that same period so I can get refunded on that too.:D

Can confirm this price on Long Island. Employee swore up and down that it was $60 but we made him ring it up and it showed $39.96.

Perfect timing on this sale for me since I've wanted to get this game since it came out but was waiting for price drop and it just so happened to occur on the same weekend I finished Bastion (which I got a few weeks ago on a deal of the week on XBLA).

[quote name='bchampnd']Can confirm this price on Long Island. Employee swore up and down that it was $60 but we made him ring it up and it showed $39.96.

Perfect timing on this sale for me since I've wanted to get this game since it came out but was waiting for price drop and it just so happened to occur on the same weekend I finished Bastion (which I got a few weeks ago on a deal of the week on XBLA).[/QUOTE]

Bastion was phenomenal! I paid $1 for it, and that was probably the best dollar I've ever spent. I picked it up during the OnLive sale.

skyrimuy.jpg

Bought two items and Skyrim came up $30

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']Waiting for the obvious GOTY version[/QUOTE]

Please for the love of god folks, buy this game now. It is literally the best game I've ever played and there is not even any announced DLC yet so who possibly knows when the GOTY edition will be released. This game is worth every penny you pay for it.

[quote name='Cmw7290']
skyrimuy.jpg

Bought two items and Skyrim came up $30[/QUOTE]
What two items did you buy and could it have been the wrong game/sticker they scanned?

[quote name='wrencrest']What two items did you buy and could it have been the wrong game/sticker they scanned?[/QUOTE]

He obviously bought condoms and didn't want to reveal that... now you've outed him! :lol:

[quote name='Cmw7290']
skyrimuy.jpg

Bought two items and Skyrim came up $30[/QUOTE]

LOL @ amount of sales tax. Must live in a state that likes to pay people to stay home and collect at the expense of the working class

[quote name='abhinav']Please for the love of god folks, buy this game now. It is literally the best game I've ever played and there is not even any announced DLC yet so who possibly knows when the GOTY edition will be released. This game is worth every penny you pay for it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I've invested about 50 hours into this game, and I think I'm close to the end. I still have other quests/guilds to do so I'll be playing this game for a while.

I live in Texas, I don't mind 8% sales tax because we don't get state taxes on our income. And I bought some boxers haha just didn't think that was relevant in this thread. And they didn't scan wrong bar code if you look at the UPC on your Skyrim case you'll see.

[quote name='chunlirocks']LOL @ amount of sales tax. Must live in a state that likes to pay people to stay home and collect at the expense of the working class[/QUOTE]

Woogie Boogie!

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Damn it, I just bought this yesterday for $60 at gamestop -_- . I really have to start looking online first[/QUOTE]

Just go buy another new copy for the $40 at Walmart and then return that same new copy to Gamestop and get your money back.

What's the difference between the collector's edition and the normal one? I always see collector's editions of games going for 2-3 time more than the normal edition. What does the collectorr's edition have?

[quote name='chunlirocks']LOL @ amount of sales tax. Must live in a state that likes to pay people to stay home and collect at the expense of the working class[/QUOTE]

Isn't sales tax percentage different per county, not per state?

[quote name='astr0boy']Isn't sales tax percentage different per county, not per state?[/QUOTE]

Sales tax is a state tax. Some counties can take even more of your money by putting a percent or two on top.

[quote name='mrclutch']Sales tax is a state tax. Some counties can take even more of your money by putting a percent or two on top.[/QUOTE]

Ah. TY.

/TheMoreYouKnow.

In for 1. Thanks OP. Mine also ran up at 30.00

So if someone works and then finds themselves unemployed they're supposed to just take any menial job to immediately be working again, rather than collecting back some of the money they put into the unemployment compensation fund for their state?:roll: I guess you like it when the IRS tells you you aren't getting a refund at the end of the year too, since after all that's money that the government spends oh so carefully($500 plastic toilet seats come to mind) that the working class would just waste on drugs and hookers, right?:whistle2:#

[quote name='astr0boy']Ah. TY.

/TheMoreYouKnow.

In for 1. Thanks OP. Mine also ran up at 30.00[/QUOTE]

I'm interested at 30,but not 40...guess I need to check my wally world.

Bought it at walmart and returned that copy to Gamestop saying I didn't open the game and wanted a refund for the one I purchased a few days earlier. Yay Skyrim for $40

[quote name='Motoki']I agree with this. And I am saying this as an old Elder Scrolls vet since the Daggerfall days.

The thing is that Skyrim's timeline and story is pretty far removed from Oblivion so you really aren't missing much. Also, I think Oblivion is a rather bleh game. Personally I think both the game that came before it, Morrowind, and after it, Skyrim, are better. In the case of Morrowind you need to mod the hell out of it (on the PC of course) for it to not look dated, but once you get that setup it really is quite a good game.

Skyrim you can play right out of the box and at least for now it looks quite good. Go for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I'm sold. I tried playing some more Oblivion last night trying to convince myself that I should just power through and finish this before playing Skyrim, but I just can't keep going with it. It really is starting to feel like an archaic game from 2006. I'm usually inclined to wait for the inevitable GOTY version, but $40 is a great price and life is to short to keep playing through Oblivion more out of obligation rather than because I'm having fun. Well, off to Wally-Mart!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So if someone works and then finds themselves unemployed they're supposed to just take any menial job to immediately be working again, rather than collecting back some of the money they put into the unemployment compensation fund for their state?:roll: I guess you like it when the IRS tells you you aren't getting a refund at the end of the year too, since after all that's money that the government spends oh so carefully($500 plastic toilet seats come to mind) that the working class would just waste on drugs and hookers, right?:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

OT but without sounding like an ass... yes. You don't get to collect unemployment just because you can't find your dream job.

So do we have any ideas on how some people are getting this for $30? That is my threshold for this one since I have a lot of other stuff to play still.

[quote name='mrclutch']Sales tax is a state tax. Some counties can take even more of your money by putting a percent or two on top.[/QUOTE]

I hate to contribute to derail this thread but here in Pitt County NC our state tax is 7% and our county is 2%. So we are effectively taxed right around 9%.

Anyways, I got skyrim for Xmas and still haven't evened opened it yet. The mount of great games that came out towards the end of last year was just crazy.

[quote name='GBAstar']OT but without sounding like an ass... yes. You don't get to collect unemployment just because you can't find your dream job.[/QUOTE]

But you do get to collect unemployment while you search for a job that fits your experience and qualifications. I was laid off due to budget cuts last year and collected unemployment for 3 months until I was able to land a good job. Of course, I could have gotten a job at a fast food restaurant a week after I was laid off, but I didn't contribute money into the system for so many years just to turn my back on the benefits and take a job for which I am highly overqualified.

Back on topic, I am hoping Amazon or Newegg price match this.

You could always go to Best Buy and get it matched, Kazuya. At least there you'll get Reward Zone points for the purchase versus WM where you'll get only the satisfaction of making the Walton family that much richer.:puke:

[quote name='BowserG']Thanks for the advice. I'm sold. I tried playing some more Oblivion last night trying to convince myself that I should just power through and finish this before playing Skyrim, but I just can't keep going with it. It really is starting to feel like an archaic game from 2006. I'm usually inclined to wait for the inevitable GOTY version, but $40 is a great price and life is to short to keep playing through Oblivion more out of obligation rather than because I'm having fun. Well, off to Wally-Mart![/QUOTE]

Personally I would power through the main quest. If you don't want to do that, just do the dark brotherhood quest line. Thats the best stuff in the game anyway.

[quote name='Blaster man']Personally I would power through the main quest. If you don't want to do that, just do the dark brotherhood quest line. Thats the best stuff in the game anyway.[/QUOTE]

I finished the main story line earlier, and a bunch of the side quests. Easily put 50 hours into the game, and I keep coming back for more. I still have to finishing finding artifacts, guild quests, and I might make the Dragon Armor. That's going to take some time considering you have to have to get your smithing up to 100. Awesome game! I'll get back into Oblivion and finish the story, and the expansion pack.

bread's done
Back