Looking back on the Dreamcast

[quote name='NormanB258']Powerstone 2 > Smash Brothers or Smash Brothers Melee[/QUOTE]

It's a well-known fact just that Capcom fails to deliver a sequel.

Looks like they lost interest... and they're telling you to play all these shitty games now... these are even worse than the original reviews because they encourage the purchase of awful games.

I loved Tech Romancer back in the day.. the game just hasn't really aged well. I didn't believe it at first, until I put some time into it, but yea, hasn't aged well at all. However, I'd like to see it ported to maybe something like the PSP with cleaned up graphics.

I think I can narrow down the DC's worthy games into maybe 20 - 25 awesome games if you don't count stuff that got ported to other systems... it's even less if you don't like shmups or fighters. Record of Lodoss War is still nifty, though, and Samba will always be cool (since I have the maracas), so I'll always at least keep the system and a few games.

I played almost every game before I sold them, and some of this stuff is just horrible. For the record, Power Stone 1 >>>> Power Stone 2

2 is just a mess with too many games and items, it loses the urgency and the "oh no he's got all the gems I'm screwed" factor that 1 had, and the levels are all too gimmicky for my tastes.

I remember how my brother and I got the DC at launch. For some reason, TRU was running trade in your playstation + 5 games to get 100.00 off the DC.

So, my brother and I had a broke Playstation, that wouldn't read any games, and we gathered together 5 of the crappiest games we could find, split the cost of the DC and scored one for 100.00.

Oh I should also mention the guy at TRU was trying to talk my mom out of doing the deal. How the playstation is a better system and she shouldn't be trading it in.:bomb:

I got it just for Marvel vs Capcom and Sonic, he got it just for Soul Calibur.

Looking back I didn't have too many DC games. I just had

- Sonic Adventure
- Marvel vs Capcom
- Marvel vs Capcom 2
- House of hte Dead 2
- Crazy Taxi
- Soul Calibur
- Chu Chu Rocket
- Jet Grind Radio
- Resident Evil: CV
- and Tony Hawk 2

I wish I could find more DC games at a B&M store and not have to go through eBay.

I was amazed to walk into the Gamestop in Guam and find sealed Dreamcast games available. They have about 30-40 different titles and tons of copies of most of them.

I picked up the Floigan Bros. and a few others. I've heard good things about Floigan Bros. and I've been wanting to play it for a long time.

Hmmm some of DC, even if some games aren't spectacular, were certainly noteworthy. Koei's Mansion game being the FIRST Survival Horror game to feature Co-Op though i have the feeling it wasn't as solid as RE Zero's.
I like Maken X and while it's been put out on PS2 that was with a forced 3rd person view unless someone knows different.
Illbleed is an exclusive game for now Roofus, so you missed that good game though I will DEFINITELY agree with you on ROLW. I am SO glad I bought that game.

Glancing over my IGN collection, I bought more Dreamcast games than stuff for any other system, even beating out my NES which I never thought would be the case.

Man, this reminds me of how much I loved the Dreamcast... I skipped the original Playstation, so this was my first 3D RPG system, and had some of my favorite overall games at the time. Evolution, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, PSO, Virtua Tennis, Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Adventure, Crazi Taxi, Power Stone, etc. If the fan on my DC still worked and didn't die 20 minutes into a game I'd still be playing it. :cry:

So how many years is it going to take IGN to review every single game again?
They are going so slow. I wish they would at least start at one. Cause I really don't care for the games they are reviewing at the moment.

Chef's Luv Shack
PenPen TriIcelon
Sonic Shuffle
Razor Freestyle Scooter
102 Dalmatians
Bang! Gunship Elite

Why don't they spend some time on the titles people actually care about. Seems to me they want to drive people away.

[quote name='sethrhf']So how many years is it going to take IGN to review every single game again?
They are going so slow. I wish they would at least start at one. Cause I really don't care for the games they are reviewing at the moment.

Chef's Luv Shack
PenPen TriIcelon
Sonic Shuffle
Razor Freestyle Scooter
102 Dalmatians
Bang! Gunship Elite

Why don't they spend some time on the titles people actually care about. Seems to me they want to drive people away.[/quote]

I actually like what they're doing now. Most of the popular games people have already played and have read about extensively, so I think it's more interesting having information about the more obscure games.

Under Defeat is only $59.90 at Play-Asia for the LE, it's part of their summer sale. Pretty amazing deal on a game that could be worth alot down the line, just like Border Down.

LE comes with the game + soundtrack... I already placed my order :D

Man, I just picked up Omikron again and have been playing it the past couple days. It really is a fun game, but I think it was a tad too epic for the Dreamcast.

The graphics are pretty bad and there's quite a bit of slowdown during certain portions of the game, but the voice acting is good, I love the storyline and the soundtrack goes great with the game.

wow, brings back memories. i LOVED the DC back when it first dropped. i almost forgot about my ps1 when i had my DC. i had loads of fun with it. some favorites among me and my friends were nfl 2k, nba 2k, psychic force 2012 (

I just got a DC and some games and had some...questions...
If anyone has extensive knowledge and some free time, PM me.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back