Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook™ Best Buy Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy [Theatrical Edition] (9-Disc) Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook™ (StickerBook) [Best Buy Exclusive]

6735bc07e2ad0f1065df1c6fcf63d1aao.jpg

Price: $84.99 MSRP
Pre-Order Price: $64.99 Sale
Release Date: April 6, 2010
SKU: 9794135
Pre-Order Date: March 2 & 7, 2010
Minimum Deposit: $5.00 Required
Limited Quantity: 5-10 copies per store
Size: Jumbo
Other: StickerBook
Link: BestBuy.com
Store Locator: BestBuy.com

According to Brana, Best Buy is getting LotR Trio on BD Jumbo SteelBook but printed on Sticker. Now we have 4 different versions of LotR Trio (Best Buy, Future Shop, FNAC and Amazon.de). Best Buy are the stickerbook, Future Shop is jumbo, FNAC (French) get 3 individual steelbook cases, and Amazon.de (Germany) will have 3 individual steelbook cases housed in a slipcase.

Edit: Pre-order this and get a Steelbook case for free. Required $5 deposit. Must order between 2/4/10 and 4/5/10. Limit 3 per customer.

What is Stickerbook?
Stickerbook is printed on a high gloss photo sheet then laminate on the blank steelbook.
postcard-104341-3557-b.jpg

What is SteelBook Jumbo?
SteelBook Jumbo holds up to 6 disc, measuring by 6.7" x 5.4" x 1.14"
JumboProducts.jpg

2lj58wx.jpg

Courtesy to mmcvey (Bluray.com)

Fine Print: Available Tuesday, April 6, $5 deposit required. DVDs and Blu-ray Discs not included with Steelbook case. Pre-order must be made between 02/04/10 - 04/05/10. Release date subject to change. Limit 3 per title per customer. While supplies last. No dealer. Good in USA only. Void where prohibit. Distributed in the USA by Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd, Burbank, CA 91522. All rights reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Raven6009']Someone at blu-ray.com has a pic. Go to Forums then Steelbook. $5 deposit required for preordering and the case looks like the same one offered in Best Buy Mexico.

The poster says disc not included in Steelbook so this will probably be the same way they handled the Snow White and UP Steelbook release.[/QUOTE]If that's the case, I will happily get the steelbook for $5 and put it aside for the year or more that it'll take to get the extended releases on BR.

Was just at a Best Buy and didn't see these-- are they mixed in with the normal movies or does IncrediPinoy's message mean they're on endcaps? (still didn't see them) Maybe tomorrow, I guess.

Was REALLY torn about buying these but if they're pre-order deals I'm definitely in for a couple I'll never pick up. ;)

I don't think the Steelbooks are in stores yet, just the posters. My guess is the Steelbook will be pictured in next weeks Best Buy sales ad and it will be available starting this Sunday.

I passed and got the DVD's since they are so cheap now. I spent $31 shipped and got all 3 Extended Versions in the special cases!! 12 discs in total!!!

Is it a steelbook or a stickerbook? If it is a stickerbook, what is that.. just a generic steelbook with branded stickers over it?

It only holds 6 discs... the extended version will most likely be more....

Went by BB last night in Columbia Heights D.C., they had the poster but no steelbooks yet. Guy on the floor claimed he had seen some but they "must have sold out" and told me to try back in a few days. From what I'm reading elsewhere on the net though that may have been crap. According to one guy on bluray.com forums, the steelbooks will be in-store on Sunday 3/7, with a limit of 5 (or 10) per store.

[quote name='dfo']Went by BB last night in Columbia Heights D.C., they had the poster but no steelbooks yet. Guy on the floor claimed he had seen some but they "must have sold out" and told me to try back in a few days. From what I'm reading elsewhere on the net though that may have been crap. According to one guy on bluray.com forums, the steelbooks will be in-store on Sunday 3/7, with a limit of 5 (or 10) per store.[/QUOTE]It should be in the weekly ad for the week they'll be out, so we should see print ads for this weekend showing on SD by Thursday or Friday, same timeframe for next week's ads.

I know I'll be there at open whichever weekend it is, if they're getting that few per store.

honestly i probly wont even pick up the actual blus. just get the steelbook and wait until the extended versions come out

[quote name='Mako1215']Link isn't working for me :(

I think my internet is just sucking right now.[/QUOTE]

Didn't work for me either but just go to bb.com and type in steelbook.

EDIT: His link didn't work because it starts with hhttp and not http.

LINK

[quote name='Raven6009']Didn't work for me either but just go to bb.com and type in steelbook...[/QUOTE]

Yea I did. I was also just informing that the link might be messed up.

I might just buy the whole movie set if they want 15$ down.

[quote name='Mako1215']Yea I did. I was also just informing that the link might be messed up.

I might just buy the whole movie set if they want 15$ down.[/QUOTE]

$15 is just for the steelbook if you're going to buy it separately online. It isn't a down payment towards the movie. At least that's how it worked with Up an d Snow White steelbooks. The only way to make a down payment to get one is to buy it in store with a minumum $5 deposit.

Man, I'm so torn on this. On one hand, I'd love to get these in this packaging. The price is a tad high, but that's to be expected.

On the other hand, I don't want to pay twice, although I suspect this will be the only way to get the theatrical releases. I really wish Newline would give the fans what they want with a branching option - it's not like there's any question of if it can be done or not. I'm willing to bet most people would be willing to pay a bit more for the option as well - I know I would.

[quote name='ssjmichael']$15 is just for the steelbook if you're going to buy it separately online. It isn't a down payment towards the movie. At least that's how it worked with Up an d Snow White steelbooks. The only way to make a down payment to get one is to buy it in store with a minumum $5 deposit.[/QUOTE]

OOO ok. I thought it was a pre-order hold. Well I might go the instore 5$ route unless they do the New Moon way and give you the damn cards again.

[quote name='Mako1215']OOO ok. I thought it was a pre-order hold. Well I might go the instore 5$ route unless they do the New Moon way and give you the damn cards again.[/QUOTE]The $15 price is to discourage people from just buying the steelbook on its own, plus it has a value that gets deducted by a package savings coupon when you go to pick up the movies, so it zeroes out. It could be any price, $15, $150, doesn't matter as it gets zeroed out in the checkout process.

Not everyone is smart enough to do the pre-order for $5 and neglect to pick up the pre-order. Assuming the same terms apply from Up and Snow White, you can actually return the pre-order a couple of weeks after the movie releases and get your money back. People have done it earlier than the two weeks after release, however.

[quote name='dabamus']Does anyone know if the 3/7 date for the steelbook being available is true?[/QUOTE]I'm sure it'll be in the weekly ad for when they come out.

If it's in this week's ad, then they'll be available obviously on this coming Sunday. Same goes for the following week.

We'll know shortly if it'll be this week or not, as there's an ad scan that usually ends up on SD at some point. I'll know for certain on Saturday, as I get my ads a day in advance from my newspaper carrier.

So I'm still confused, if we want to nab these steelbooks, should we use the online pre-order, or wait for the ads and try to go in store?

[quote name='shrike4242']I'll know for certain on Saturday, as I get my ads a day in advance from my newspaper carrier.[/QUOTE]

I always loved visiting my mom in MO... She ALWAYS got her Sunday paper on Saturday morning.

[quote name='deckerro']So I'm still confused, if we want to nab these steelbooks, should we use the online pre-order, or wait for the ads and try to go in store?[/QUOTE]Don't use the online pre-order. Just wait for the ads and be at BB at opening and you should be able to get one without issue.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I always loved visiting my mom in MO... She ALWAYS got her Sunday paper on Saturday morning.[/QUOTE]Always nice to have the weekly ads a day in advance.

[quote name='woodcan']Damn, I never saw this thread until now and store-search says the pre-order is not available at any local stores :whistle2:([/QUOTE]It's probably disabled until the ad goes live either this coming Sunday or the following Sunday.

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't use the online pre-order. Just wait for the ads and be at BB at opening and you should be able to get one without issue.

Always nice to have the weekly ads a day in advance.[/QUOTE]

The "gotcha" is if your local store is awake enough to actually, y'know, put them out on the shelves.

Of the 3 BBs nearest me, one ALWAYS has the steelbooks out on time and in their proper display, one ALWAYS lags behind and eventually just tosses the steelbooks on the shelf in random places (not a central display of any kind), and one never seems to ever have them. (Which unfortunately, that's the closest BB on a Sunday morning to go and grab one-- I may have to bite the bullet and ask an employee to dig me out one)

bread's done
Back