Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook™ Best Buy Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy [Theatrical Edition] (9-Disc) Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook™ (StickerBook) [Best Buy Exclusive]

6735bc07e2ad0f1065df1c6fcf63d1aao.jpg

Price: $84.99 MSRP
Pre-Order Price: $64.99 Sale
Release Date: April 6, 2010
SKU: 9794135
Pre-Order Date: March 2 & 7, 2010
Minimum Deposit: $5.00 Required
Limited Quantity: 5-10 copies per store
Size: Jumbo
Other: StickerBook
Link: BestBuy.com
Store Locator: BestBuy.com

According to Brana, Best Buy is getting LotR Trio on BD Jumbo SteelBook but printed on Sticker. Now we have 4 different versions of LotR Trio (Best Buy, Future Shop, FNAC and Amazon.de). Best Buy are the stickerbook, Future Shop is jumbo, FNAC (French) get 3 individual steelbook cases, and Amazon.de (Germany) will have 3 individual steelbook cases housed in a slipcase.

Edit: Pre-order this and get a Steelbook case for free. Required $5 deposit. Must order between 2/4/10 and 4/5/10. Limit 3 per customer.

What is Stickerbook?
Stickerbook is printed on a high gloss photo sheet then laminate on the blank steelbook.
postcard-104341-3557-b.jpg

What is SteelBook Jumbo?
SteelBook Jumbo holds up to 6 disc, measuring by 6.7" x 5.4" x 1.14"
JumboProducts.jpg

2lj58wx.jpg

Courtesy to mmcvey (Bluray.com)

Fine Print: Available Tuesday, April 6, $5 deposit required. DVDs and Blu-ray Discs not included with Steelbook case. Pre-order must be made between 02/04/10 - 04/05/10. Release date subject to change. Limit 3 per title per customer. While supplies last. No dealer. Good in USA only. Void where prohibit. Distributed in the USA by Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd, Burbank, CA 91522. All rights reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got the trilogy in at work.. I got a chance to look at the box. It's in two cases. They're not even movie specific cases.. on the spine of the Blu-Ray cases, it just says "Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy".. which means that two movies are stuffed in there together. Which ones? Dunno, it's still sealed. I'll snap a picture of it tonight.

[quote name='Scorch']We got the trilogy in at work.. I got a chance to look at the box. It's in two cases. They're not even movie specific cases.. on the spine of the Blu-Ray cases, it just says "Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy".. which means that two movies are stuffed in there together. Which ones? Dunno, it's still sealed. I'll snap a picture of it tonight.[/QUOTE]

I took pictures a week or two ago:
http://bluviews.moviemansguide.com/?p=923

1 case = the movies
1 case = digital copies

[quote name='Scorch']Oh, okay. Nevermind then. That's pretty terrible. I want cases for each individual movie.[/QUOTE]

That's a few years away. Warner plans on selling only the boxset for a while. At best, you might get them individually in Digibooks...like in 2012. Matrix is still boxset only.

Why the hell would they release the theatrical version on a Bluray?

That doesn't even make any sense...

That's like those DVDs that have even less bonus material than the VHS tapes that preceded them...

[quote name='rainless']Why the hell would they release the theatrical version on a Bluray?

That doesn't even make any sense...

That's like those DVDs that have even less bonus material than the VHS tapes that preceded them...[/QUOTE]

So they can sell the Extended Cuts later...for more money.

Some people don't care about the extended versions.. like me.

That's a few years away. Warner plans on selling only the boxset for a while. At best, you might get them individually in Digibooks...like in 2012. Matrix is still boxset only.

Yeah, but at least the movies had their own individual cases, even if they were slim cases.

[quote name='Scorch']Some people don't care about the extended versions.. like me.

Yeah, but at least the movies had their own individual cases, even if they were slim cases.[/QUOTE]

Its because Warner will sell the Trilogy in the current case it's in (minus Digital Copies and Slip Cover Box) once the edition runs out. No additional work needed.

Has anyone here refunded back their purchase back in March? The rules states after April 27, you can get your refund back just bring the receipt.

There were three stores Ive been at. One even without the paperslip honored the refund. One store, the customer service is a bit meticulous and got a lot of excuses, as soon as i present the slip they shut up

What I did were:

- I kept the receipts
- I opened one steelbook (damaged one),
- I made use of the $50 Sideshow Collectibles gift card
- I bought 10 pieces of this figure stand

LOTR_X1.jpg

- I got myself some freebie swags from Sideshow mailed separately from my order

LOTR_X2.jpg

- I went back to Bestbuy with the slipcard of the opened LOTR preordered steelbook and requested refund (make sure to emphasize the "Notes" section)

LOTRX.jpg

- Got my refund back (one batch of the refund was credited as a store credit, the other batch was charged back to my credit card)

LOTR_X3.jpg

[quote name='JediJames2']Does anyone know if we can get the refund at any Best Buy or just the one we bought the steelbook from? Thanks![/QUOTE]

It has to be from the Bestbuy store you bought it from.

I think I got lucky. I got a refund even before the LOTR BR came out. I simply presented the receipt and said I wanted to cancel the presell.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']For me, i'd done with Snow White pre-order at any Best Buy after it expired.[/QUOTE]

Some stores would do that, but if ever some consumers end up on a store associate who is soooo meticulous its better from the same store it was purchased at.

I don't have my original receipts, do you think if I print the one from myrewardzone they will refund me back?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']all you need is your reward zone card # and the date of purchase. the easiest way to remember is the date of pre-order/release.[/QUOTE]
Now I can get my refund. Thanks.

What's the deal with this refund? I ordered one of these online for five bucks, but never bought the trilogy from BB. Can I call them up and be refunded the five bucks... and keep the steelbook?

[quote name='linkinprime']:lol: No worries...i was wondering if it was some sort of play on words. I'm assuming that there's no pics of these yet? Amazon.de sounds more tempting at the moment...though i really want to wait till the extended editions hit...whatever year that may be.[/quote]

2020 :)))

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Pre-Sell Steelbook Case (Blu-ray Disc Not Included)- Blu-ray Disc

so ur not getting the blu-ray's just steelbook case

[quote name='starmask2k3']Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Pre-Sell Steelbook Case (Blu-ray Disc Not Included)- Blu-ray Disc

so ur not getting the blu-ray's just steelbook case[/QUOTE]

I was confused on that point, thanks for clearing it up for me.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']If you already bought the actually movie then you can't get a refund.[/QUOTE]

I did not buy the movie; just the case.

bread's done
Back