Lord of the Rings War in the North CE 360/PS3 $40 at BB

[quote name='AionTelos']Hell yes, been waiting for this to drop. Next Skyrim![/QUOTE]

FYI skyrim hit $59.99 on newegg.

I picked the XBOX version up yesterday, but was able to get it for $29.99 with manager override. It was marked $59.99 with a 50% sticker and the awesome clerk hooked me up with that plus Arkham City XBOX controllers for $12.49 each with override ($24.99 with 50% sticker).

I was only there to get 4 DNF copies, but he pointed out these prices. I would have passed on $40 since I already have the game. $30 is my sweet spot for almost any CE.

[quote name='solarnoise']Damn, I really like the extras (quiver looks awesome) but I just checked out the IGN review and the game looks very mediocre.

Maybe worth holding out until this thing goes on clearance for 20-30?[/QUOTE]not going to last that long the previous $40 GS deal along with people PMing @ BB cleared out alot of stock already. Sell the game to defer cost is your best bet.

[quote name='k1ngster']doesnt this come with a statue/figure?[/QUOTE]here's the previous GS thread the OP has the unboxing
http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316966

[quote name='Wanderlai']They would throw her out and call Homeland security if she walked in with a quiver and 2 plastic arrows.[/QUOTE]

Nah, only if she's Muslim.

noticed that I have one of those snow trolls in stock locally, to bad I shipped to home, we'll see what BBCS has to say since it does indeed say 'Purchase your copy of the game for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or PC and get this cool collector's item as a gift while supplies last'

[quote name='myvolition']the troll is separate - you can get the troll for $10 with free shipping

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Lord+of+the+Rings%3A+War+in+the+North+Collectible+Snow+Troll+Statue+-+Xbox+360,+PlayStation+3,+Windows/3687294.p?id=1218444507760&skuId=3687294[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link! bought! I remember hearing about these in-store for $10, but I've never seen them available for shipping before. I'd much rather have the troll with a fake Gimli than a fake quiver. Now I just have to wait for Gamefly to offer the game for $10 and I'm all set.

[quote name='Blumpkin']The extras look cool, but goddamn is this a terrible game.[/QUOTE]

Seems to be a love it or hate it type. Well, almost any game is, but this one having major glitches for some people didn't help.

Has anyone actually picked up one of those trolls from a BB store? I ordered one for an in-store pickup and got an email back saying they didn't actually have any in that store. I had to call back and have the pickup changed to another store and then 30 minutes later got a second message that they didn't have any at that store either (even though the previous person said they showed 5 in stock). Finally just asked them to ship to my home (they offered free shipping), so hopefully it will ship out this time.

Just wondering if anyone else ran into similar inventory accuracy problems. Or maybe a local CAG is buying all of them from the local stores to sell on ebay? Wouldn't be the first time.

[quote name='Prismatico']Seems to be a love it or hate it type. Well, almost any game is, but this one having major glitches for some people didn't help.[/QUOTE]

What glitches? I haven't played yet.. debating on whether or not to get this..

Got my PS3 version today. Came mint in the original box that packages the CE Box.
After seeing the condition of this CE in most places, I had no hope of getting it without damage but BB scored 10/10
Thanks OP!!

[quote name='david69']What glitches? I haven't played yet.. debating on whether or not to get this..[/QUOTE]

Some people have had various progression glitches where they essentially have to restart the game or join someone else's game to get further.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Has anyone actually picked up one of those trolls from a BB store? I ordered one for an in-store pickup and got an email back saying they didn't actually have any in that store. I had to call back and have the pickup changed to another store and then 30 minutes later got a second message that they didn't have any at that store either (even though the previous person said they showed 5 in stock). Finally just asked them to ship to my home (they offered free shipping), so hopefully it will ship out this time.

Just wondering if anyone else ran into similar inventory accuracy problems. Or maybe a local CAG is buying all of them from the local stores to sell on ebay? Wouldn't be the first time.[/QUOTE]
The inventory system for BB is spotty at best. If they have under 3 an item won't even show as in stock. I also don't think their system updates in real time. If it wasn't still listed on their website, I'd say that maybe the statue had pennied out and they chucked the rest in the dumpster or something. But since the page for it still up on the BB website and it's showing the $10 price, I'd say that's not a likely reason for the OOS emails.

[quote name='Asgardian']I already have the CE from GS, but was thinking of getting this just so I can use my BB $5 certificate.

However, coming in and seeing the troll statute for $10! Wow, I'm sold! Thanks myvolition.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome - I've finally done some good on this forum for once! instead of leeching and getting many cheap collector's editions

I'm avoiding in store pickup cause any BB i been too never had it - just got shipping confirmation on the troll - seems more reliable to just get it shipped - especially with free shipping

hopefully this will stay this price until I do a trade in on friday for some more credit. I went today, but someone bought it right before me, so I got the AC Brotherhood CE instead. Cause for some reason they had like 4 stacked up with the regular games, just hanging out, getting dusty.

Dang it, I just bought the standard edition of this game for $20 not even 2 weeks ago, I would have happily paid the extra $20 for the collectors edition :/

The Wilkes-Barre(PA) store had two of these for :ps3: and one for :360: when I was there earlier today. Just a heads up for local CAG's who may wanna grab one. They were marked $40 on the shelf too.

Looks like Ship-to-Store is available again.

Edit: Looks like shipping-to-your-hizzouse is available as well. Ordering a PS3 copy now ... free shipping too!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlippyMcSlickdeal']Just a heads up, this is one of the best smelling LEs in a LONG LONG TIME

Even smells better than Demon's Souls LE[/QUOTE]
Mmmmm pleather.:drool: Am I the only one that takes a whiff of the inside of the case when cracking open a brand new game to take in that 'new game smell'?

Word of advice though: NEVER try that with Gamestops' 'newsed'(display) copies.:puke:

Just noticed something odd with my order. I was charged sales tax for the CE, but not the snow troll. Anyone else notice this?

[quote name='WingsDJY']Just noticed something odd with my order. I was charged sales tax for the CE, but not the snow troll. Anyone else notice this?[/QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, I think the same thing happened to me. Maybe it's considered a snack item and exempt from tax?

[quote name='chunlirocks']I ordered one. I love the quiver. Like everyone else i will be snapping the disc in half since it is virtually unfinishable with all of the glitches[/QUOTE]

Huh? I played through the whole game twice and had a blast. Ordered - thanks for the post OP.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Now that you mention it, I think the same thing happened to me. Maybe it's considered a snack item and exempt from tax?[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but Illinois charges tax on everything (1% on food/drugs, 8.25% on goods, 10.25% on food service).

I'm really tempted to trade in my vanilla copy for the CE, but I'm still debating on if I even will play it a second time after I finish it. If not it would just be another CE taking up space.

Cool, I didn't know you could buy the snow troll online. I got one when I picked up the game the day it came out; however, my wife has wanted one for her desk (big LotR fan). Thanks.

Looks like Amazon price matched this one, just bought it there instead as I had credit with Amazon.

[quote name='fortunado']Cool, I didn't know you could buy the snow troll online. I got one when I picked up the game the day it came out; however, my wife has wanted one for her desk (big LotR fan). Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Not willing to let your wife have your troll for her desk?? :p

[quote name='RayBay']Looks like Amazon price matched this one, just bought it there instead as I had credit with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.
Good thing I wait, I much rather buy from amazon, saved some $$ on shipping tax.

Got mine from BB today. Perfect condition. But, I gotta say, as a big CE fan/collector, this is by far the most absurd CE I've bought. The quiver, while well constructed, is just silly. Like, what do you do with it? At least the map is very cool and worth the price of the CE alone.

Got my online order in yesterday, took like two days turnaround, and it's flawless!!! It came in the original manufactures box. $40 bucks is definately worth it rather than getting a gutted copy from Gamestop or a box thats banged up.

got my ce in the mail today too(mint condition) I'll have to do something nerdy like wear it to the ren fair, still waiting for my troll (which is tax free for some reason I noticed as well)

wanna see how the troll is and might have to order a 2nd to keep in the box before free shipping on everything BB ends may 7th I think?

also I got a pm or two asking how I found it - actually the link is cached on google shopping - I can't find it directly on their site from searching

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...5.0.8242.22.6.0.16.16.0.115.444.4j2.6.0...0.0.

now which drops at BB next?
fallout 3? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fallout...skuId=8873034&st=collectors edition&lp=5&cp=2

i saw in store they had gears epic edition for $65 after the 35% off sticker

I had my order at BestBuy for store pickup and it was taking forever to get to the store so I cancelled my order and bought from Amazon. For some reason my 2-day shipping took closer to 6 days, and when I got it today I discovered that the box had been opened and someone had packed some bubble wrap inside the game box (I assume to stop the arrows from moving around?).

And of course Amazon is out of stock and won't replace it. I ended up getting $10 off (so $29.99 total) and the game case was still sealed so the bonus codes should still be good, but if I had wanted an open box item I would have just gone to GameStop.

But I can't help but wonder who opened my box so they could smell my virgin pleather quiver. :shock:

On top of that, I had recently bought a collectible Star Wars item from Amazon (mainly just for collecting) only to receive a box that was pretty banged up...and it looks like it was that way before they even put it in the box for shipping. Luckily they have some in stock and are doing a replacement, but I'm not real thrilled with Amazon right now with BS like that.

the troll came in just a plastic clamshell in stores, so idunno how likely it is that the troll you ordered will be in any kind of retail box. they were originally part of the uk/eu collectors ed, but i guess wb had a bunch left over and soldthem in bulk to bb as a purchase bonus. i would've liked it for it come in the ce box, but alas, its only packaging was the plastic clamshell.

[quote name='myvolition']got my ce in the mail today too(mint condition) I'll have to do something nerdy like wear it to the ren fair, still waiting for my troll (which is tax free for some reason I noticed as well)

wanna see how the troll is and might have to order a 2nd to keep in the box before free shipping on everything BB ends may 7th I think?

also I got a pm or two asking how I found it - actually the link is cached on google shopping - I can't find it directly on their site from searching

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...5.0.8242.22.6.0.16.16.0.115.444.4j2.6.0...0.0.

now which drops at BB next?
fallout 3? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Fallout...skuId=8873034&st=collectors edition&lp=5&cp=2

i saw in store they had gears epic edition for $65 after the 35% off sticker[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back