Lord of the Rings War in the North CE 360/PS3 $40 at BB

[quote name='technicalstylez']the troll came in just a plastic clamshell in stores, so idunno how likely it is that the troll you ordered will be in any kind of retail box. they were originally part of the uk/eu collectors ed, but i guess wb had a bunch left over and soldthem in bulk to bb as a purchase bonus. i would've liked it for it come in the ce box, but alas, its only packaging was the plastic clamshell.[/QUOTE]

The trolls come in a brown box when they were shipped to stores, but there is no retail packaging for them except the plastic around the back. I was fortunate enough to get one in the box when it was first posted on CAG, but again it is a brown shipping box with the upc/item info on it.

cool. thanks for the info.

[quote name='slowdive21']The trolls come in a brown box when they were shipped to stores, but there is no retail packaging for them except the plastic around the back. I was fortunate enough to get one in the box when it was first posted on CAG, but again it is a brown shipping box with the upc/item info on it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']the troll came in just a plastic clamshell in stores, so idunno how likely it is that the troll you ordered will be in any kind of retail box. they were originally part of the uk/eu collectors ed, but i guess wb had a bunch left over and soldthem in bulk to bb as a purchase bonus. i would've liked it for it come in the ce box, but alas, its only packaging was the plastic clamshell.[/QUOTE]
So then this CE is yet another one in the US that was gimped compared to it's overseas counterparts?:bomb: First the God Of War III CE(where the UK edition had the GOW Collection and all physical discs for the bonus content compared to digital download codes for everything here), then the UK getting a pretty sweet looking CE for Driver San Francisco with a replica Dodge Charger in it and now this one.:whistle2:#:roll:

lol the US gets gimped pretty much every time. u should check out the UK CE/LE thread. dark souls, ass creed bro, ass creed rev, mgs hd, risen 2 are just some examples.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So then this CE is yet another one in the US that was gimped compared to it's overseas counterparts?:bomb: First the God Of War III CE(where the UK edition had the GOW Collection and all physical discs for the bonus content compared to digital download codes for everything here), then the UK getting a pretty sweet looking CE for Driver San Francisco with a replica Dodge Charger in it and now this one.:whistle2:#:roll:[/QUOTE]

I was shocked when mine arrived. It was in 100% mint condition. You would have never known these were sitting in a warehouse for months. I just hope my Gears of War Epic arrives today the same way. :pray:

I'm noticing this more and more myself. The last CE/SE/LE I bought willingly at launch was the GTA IV one in 2008. At least Rockstar knows how to put out a CE that doesn't feel 'cheap'. One thing that amuses me about the 'statues' with some of these CE versions is that they list them as 'resin'. Just say they're fuckin' plastic and that you're cheap bastards and couldn't afford to put real plaster/ceramic statues in your CE versions.

9d18e713d0a07be2e4787a88ed111a301329367683_full.jpg

check out the statue that comes with japan's dragons dogma ce. the final version will be fully painted. totally trumps skyrim ce's dragon figure/plastic base imo. comes with a large format artbook and dlc skins including a Guts from sword of the berserk character skin. so unfair.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm noticing this more and more myself. The last CE/SE/LE I bought willingly at launch was the GTA IV one in 2008. At least Rockstar knows how to put out a CE that doesn't feel 'cheap'. One thing that amuses me about the 'statues' with some of these CE versions is that they list them as 'resin'. Just say they're fuckin' plastic and that you're cheap bastards and couldn't afford to put real plaster/ceramic statues in your CE versions.[/QUOTE]

Just got my troll, in a shitty brown box, wished it came in retail package so I could display without opening it... but then again, for $10, I'm okay with it...

Just to be fair, it is totally true that Collector Editions in the UK/Japan are typically much more awesome than the US, hell even normal editions in UK usually have a much more impressive game case than the US.

However, they typically pay 1.5-3 times more than what we pay here!

When I went to Aus, I saw all the awesome game cases they had in GS/EB, but then saw the A$90 price tag for USED!!! fuck that..

[quote name='Asgardian']Just got my troll, in a shitty brown box, wished it came in retail package so I could display without opening it... but then again, for $10, I'm okay with it...

Just to be fair, it is totally true that Collector Editions in the UK/Japan are typically much more awesome than the US, hell even normal editions in UK usually have a much more impressive game case than the US.

However, they typically pay 1.5-3 times more than what we pay here!

When I went to Aus, I saw all the awesome game cases they had in GS/EB, but then saw the A$90 price tag for USED!!! fuck that..[/QUOTE]

Just want to make a quick comment, not to bring the thread too far off topic... but yeah, and the sad truth about CE/LE's in the US is that we've had companies who were willing to release awesome packs, like Working Designs, but they just weren't getting enough buys =\

In fact that guy from Working Designs tried again recently with Class of Heroes 2 on Kickstarter, stating it would basically be the best Deluxe pack we'd ever seen, but it couldn't get enough backers!

bread's done
Back