Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for $4.99 - Steam Weekend Deal - 75% Off

It was hard not to buy it for $5, I picked it up. Hoping mass effect or bioshock will be $5 one of these weekends

Still not sure why this site rarely warns you about these things...particularly given it's CAG...but

...The PC version of this not only has activation DRM (through Steam) it doesn't support offline mode. You HAVE to have an internet connection not just to install this, but to play it.

That said, $5 isn't bad for those restrictions

Regarding the game, I've only played the 360 demo so far, but I loved it. It's not a typical shooter (which is probably a good thing), but I thought it looked and played great. Not sure I'll like the full game when I get around to it, but the demo was really cool.

Great deal. And even though I've heard horror stories about the performance of the game on the PC, it runs spectacular on my rig with all settings on high.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Still not sure why this site rarely warns you about these things...particularly given it's CAG...but

...The PC version of this not only has activation DRM (through Steam) it doesn't support offline mode. You HAVE to have an internet connection not just to install this, but to play it.

That said, $5 isn't bad for those restrictions

Regarding the game, I've only played the 360 demo so far, but I loved it. It's not a typical shooter (which is probably a good thing), but I thought it looked and played great. Not sure I'll like the full game when I get around to it, but the demo was really cool.[/quote]
Wow, that is kind of a given with the "Steam Weekend Deal". Also, while you need to be online to play it, you don't need a disk to play it, which is a trade I'm perfectly willing to make.

Update: I finally got the purchase to work but now the game does not appear in my Steam games tab. How do I get it to do so?

Hey everybody, I am having a problem with steam. I want to buy this game using an American Express gift card, but my gift card gets rejected everytime I try, despite having more than enough money to cover the purchase. This has happened to me before, as the same gift card was rejected when I tried to buy STALKER: Clear Sky during a sale. The AMEX rep told me this was due to the fact that Steam was based in Europe and therefore I was making an international purchase, which the AMEX GC can't do. Now, this sounded fishy and when I contacted Steam, they eventually reset my account and I was able to use the AMEX GC to buy STALKER. Does anyone know how I can reset my account to buy the game, since I would like to take advantage of this deal?

[quote name='jackdoe']Wow, that is kind of a given with the "Steam Weekend Deal". Also, while you need to be online to play it, you don't need a disk to play it, which is a trade I'm perfectly willing to make.[/QUOTE]

Well in most steam games you can play in offline mode if you just don't have internet access for a while. I've heard even if you lose your connection while playing this game it will crash. I bought the game anyways since I was thinking about getting it for 360 and $5 is the point where I just don't care anymore.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Still not sure why this site rarely warns you about these things...particularly given it's CAG...but

[/QUOTE]

what? I don't know about drm, but it does support offline mode. My internet was out today, and I was able to play fine. And I just tested again moments ago in steam offline mode and turning off my router and it ran fine.

So is the full game as clunky as the demo? Supposedly you can change the mouse sensitivity. I averaged 30 FPS at med-high settings and 1920x1200, so the performance seems alright. But the controls are awful. I might as well play with oven mitts and lead weights attached to my wrists :p

[quote name='Serik']So is the full game as clunky as the demo? Supposedly you can change the mouse sensitivity. I averaged 30 FPS at med-high settings and 1920x1200, so the performance seems alright. But the controls are awful. I might as well play with oven mitts and lead weights attached to my wrists :p[/quote]

Yeah the controls take some getting used to even after you adjust the different sensitivity and movement zones.

Hey at least the game comes supported with mouse look unlike the RE4 PC port.

I only have a 9600GSO 386MB or something, and it runs pretty much 30fps with most things maxed, around 50 with things toned down a little. Looks pretty great though, and surprisingly fun.

just bought it (Monday morning)
after trying to decide if i wanted to buy the colonies edition instead...but that is stilll priced at like $30, and like many of you guys said you cant go wrong for 4.99 lol

After installing and playing I would suggest only buying this if you want to play the story mode. I bought it and got excited about playing multiplayer but only found 1 match with an afk host. I will check again today and at different times but I doubt the results will be different.

[quote name='jackdoe']Wow, that is kind of a given with the "Steam Weekend Deal". Also, while you need to be online to play it, you don't need a disk to play it, which is a trade I'm perfectly willing to make.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is willing to make those sacrifices, hence a warning should be present.

[quote name='Serik']News flash: Steam weekend deal requires users to have Steam.[/QUOTE]

Read my post, since you clearly didn't.

[quote name='vherub']what? I don't know about drm, but it does support offline mode. My internet was out today, and I was able to play fine. And I just tested again moments ago in steam offline mode and turning off my router and it ran fine.[/QUOTE]

That's new then. At launch this would only work while actively connected to Steam.

bread's done
Back