LOTS of WB/HBO Box Sets - $5.99 @ TARGET (YMMV)

Cth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
SOURCE: DVD Talk Forum (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433459)

Found these at the Target in Belton, MO. I bought a ton of Dvd's and when I went back to get more, the signs were down for clearance. I'm posting a receipt scan just in case you all can get the same deal at your store. I'll have to get my mom's receipt but she also got Friends seasons 1-9 and Sex in the City sets 1-6 all for 5.99 too.

Yet again..... YMMV, or ability to persuade.

Oh, you might want to get a permanent host for the image too... all I could find.

OC: 5.99
Band Of Brothers: 5.99
Looney Tunes Season 1 & 2: 5.99
Macgyver Seasons 1 & 2: 5.99
Jaws 30th Anniversary: 5.99

scan2aw1.jpg

Went to the Fleming Island, FL Target and scanned BoB, a Friends, a Sex & the City, and a The OC. Since those were coming up full-priced I stopped there. I didn't know some people were getting some as discounted and others not, so I guess another trip is in order.

I did manage to get the last Jaws 30th, which did ring up as $5.99.

Good story Cruzincontrol. FW is annoying sometimes but I feel we get the head start on them most of the time.

P.S. Split that post into several paragraphs if you have time. It takes twice as long to read like that.

javeryh - Laguna Beach was regular price at my store and AFAIK no one here or at DVDTalk has found it for $5.99. Sorry. :(

[quote name='slidecage']i should of got off my fat ass and went over today and checked it be long dead by tomorrow morning[/QUOTE]

Me too, I figured the deal was dead, by what was said earlier in the post. Another deal I missed out on. What really sucks is I was Target yesterday.

Everything was full price at one local Target. I had my mom check for BoB and Batman volume 3 a different local Target, and she said BOB was full price and they didn't have Batman. :cry:

All Long Islanders should rush to the Target in Westbury. Man, this haul was well worth the 30+ minute drive.

I only got 1 of each, and theres plenty of each left, except for Friends. There was a guy (not an employee) taking all of the Friends seasons and putting them in his cart.

My haul:

3rd Rock from the Sun s1
Batman TAS vol3
Charmed s1
Friends s1-5 and 7-9
- Friends season 6 rang up for 29.99
Joan of Arcadia s1
Looney Tunes Golden Collection
M*A*S*H* s1
Miami Vice s1
Monk s3
Newlyweds s1 and s2&3
Northern Exposure s1, s2, and s3
One Tree Hill s1
Pocahantas SE
Remington Steele s1

Didn’t see sex in the city or band of brothers. All the other HBO stuff was full price.

the only the i got was Batman:TAS Vol 3 . mostly everything was bought out.

shortly after i heard the employees talking about an email they received and they started changing prices.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Good story Cruzincontrol. FW is annoying sometimes but I feel we get the head start on them most of the time.

P.S. Split that post into several paragraphs if you have time. It takes twice as long to read like that.

javeryh - Laguna Beach was regular price at my store and AFAIK no one here or at DVDTalk has found it for $5.99. Sorry. :([/QUOTE]

P.S. *In Adam Sandler type voice* Oh boo hoo took you so long to read Mr. English Professor, sir....awww...That's Mr. X's/Homer's writing style...I have no time to make your stinking paragraphs...damn spaces..who needs them...they just get in the way...j/k..lol..

the only the i got was Batman:TAS Vol 3 . mostly everything was bought out.

shortly after i heard the employees talking about an email they received and they started changing prices.

I am interested in most of these sets, so if someone gets any extras, let me know.

Also, I am going to be making a trip to my Target to see if I am one of the fortunate ones and I will report back if I find anything interesting.

wow, my brother went to a target somewhere in Los Angeles and this guy asked him if he was looking for the $5.99 dvd sets. my bro said he was and the guy said to forget it b/c he cleaned that target out along with 6 more around the county. geez... you'd think he would be smart enough to know not to brag about hoarding to somebody who was looking for the same deal :lol:

ah well, my brother was able to find a few that the hoarder didn't care enough to buy or didn't know about.

3rd rock from the sun
pocahontas
batman:TAS

:D

EDIT: i forgot to add that the fullerton target has everything!!!

unfortunately, everything is at full price MWUAHAHAHHA!

[quote name='js1']I ended up checking two other targets in the area. But none rang up $5.99 . At least I got jaws..[/QUOTE]
Am I the only one that laughed when reading "I got jaws"?

ahh, I can't believe I missed this thread, but I'm praying for a miracle when I check out the 2 Targets in my area. Thanks OP!

Oh God how did I miss this :( No way I could afford Joan, Batman, OC and Newsradio all together normally. Guess I will check tommorow before work anyways.

It seems like Target's solution for now is to pull them off the shelves. So you might still get lucky. I've seen very few reports of people revisiting stores that had deals and then finding they were corrected.

Checked 2 of my local Target's this morning and nothing rang up cheap. I so wanted BOB for a long time. But I guess I can try one more tomorrow and hopefully they have something or at least some good clearance stuff.

Correct me if I'm wrong, some Targets still have this going on but only if the items are on the shelves? So if my Target has all these DVD's then they could possibly be $5.99 but odds are they're all gone/priced back to normal?

This is still going to be a good time to get Band of Brothers cheap because of the huge influx of copies that will be for sale on eBay. The supply will go up, while demand stays the same.. so the price will be lower... hopefully.

Oh, completely forget to mention, thank you OP for bringing it to my attention.

I read through the entire dvdtalk forum post as of now, it seems what stores do and do not have the prices are random. It seems some can correct the prices in the computer, and some the only solution is to pull them off the shelves.

One person mentioned that they arrvied, saw all the shelves were cleared, but upon searching the surrounding area found 2 carts alone with all the DVDs mentioned in the thread. Best of luck to all those hunting in the morning, chances are if your store has already been hit by deal seekers, it's already too late.

[quote name='EvilN8']I'll pay $40 shipped for BOB if anyone is willing.

If anyone got extras of Jaws, Pocahontas, or Mary Poppins they wouldn't mind doing at cost plus shipping I'd be interested in those too. Doubt it though, :)[/QUOTE]

Ill see what i can get you tommorow.

Today was a great day.

I was at work delivering a pizza and stoped at the Harvey,La Store and got a great haul.

One of each

Friends s1-9
Sponge Bob S1&2
3rd Rock s1

They had alot of other things and im going back tommorow

For any CAGs on the East bank of New Orleans the deal is a no go at the Target on Clearview.

If anyones taking requests or picking up extras, I sure would appreciate a PM if any of these come along:
Friends S8, S9
Batman v3
Entourage

Those are the main ones I want. I'm going to make a run tomorrow and if I luck out I'll grab extras to sell/trade. If I find those I'll edit to withdraw my request.

[quote name='CouRageouS']If anyones taking requests or picking up extras, I sure would appreciate a PM if any of these come along:
Friends S8, S9
Batman v3
Entourage

Those are the main ones I want. I'm going to make a run tomorrow and if I luck out I'll grab extras to sell/trade. If I find those I'll edit to withdraw my request.[/QUOTE]

Ill see what i can do

I'm headed to Target this morning, so if anybody wants me to look up DVD titles, PM me a list!

If I do NOT reply back, that means of course, I wasn't able to get the DVDs at the cheap prices.

I hate to ask but.... could someone hook me up with MacGuyver Season 2 and Band Of Brothers? I'll pay the cost plus shipping.

Very big thanks in advance.

[quote name='js1']I ended up checking two other targets in the area. But none rang up $5.99 . At least I got jaws..[/QUOTE]

What part of Ohio?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']anyone going arond to check on this today?[/QUOTE]

I have a BAD feeling that none of the Target's around here will have em coming up at $5.99. I won't be near any Target stores today otherwise I would investigate this myself.

(That is why I'm hoping I can work out a deal with another forum member for the two titles I want)

if anyone has an extra band of brothers , please message me. i dont have a target anywhere within an hour of me so if anyone got an extra hook me up , ill pay cost + shipping and a little extra for the trouble or trade if you want games or somthing

this is for all of the philadelphia CAG's i have chacked three targets in the area

NE philly target - took all box sets ringing up at 5.99 off of their shelves
Abington target - has fixed all of their prices
oxford valley pa. target - has fixed all of their prices

still have not checked neshmany......... thats the update for now!!!!!

[quote name='TheKindred']this is for all of the philadelphia CAG's i have chacked three targets in the area

still have not checked neshmany......... thats the update for now!!!!![/QUOTE]

did they tell you they took those boxsets off or could they have sold out?...and did they tell you they fixed all of their prices or could they have never been wrong at those targets?

i checked one target this morning and everything was regular price

my friend who works there said they took them all off because they where ringing up at 5.99 a piece...the store manager also told the sales floor that if a team member bought any of the 5.99 they would get fired because it is basically stealing form the company

[quote name='TheKindred']my friend who works there said they took them all off because they where ringing up at 5.99 a piece...the store manager also told the sales floor that if a team member bought any of the 5.99 they would get fired because it is basically stealing form the company[/QUOTE]
glad i don't work retail

Checked yesterday, and unfortunately, all of them were regular price..

- I haven't checked the Albemarle Rd or Concord Targets, maybe today.. too bad, I was hoping to get the Looney Tunes and see what Band of Brothers was like.

[quote name='Hovercraft']someone with band of brothers pm me. ill pay 20$ for it[/QUOTE]

something tells me if someone bought this just to sell, they'll be putting it up on ebay for 4 times your offer.

[quote name='thestalefish']All Long Islanders should rush to the Target in Westbury. Man, this haul was well worth the 30+ minute drive.

I only got 1 of each, and theres plenty of each left, except for Friends. There was a guy (not an employee) taking all of the Friends seasons and putting them in his cart.

My haul:

3rd Rock from the Sun s1
Batman TAS vol3
Charmed s1
Friends s1-5 and 7-9
- Friends season 6 rang up for 29.99
Joan of Arcadia s1
Looney Tunes Golden Collection
M*A*S*H* s1
Miami Vice s1
Monk s3
Newlyweds s1 and s2&3
Northern Exposure s1, s2, and s3
One Tree Hill s1
Pocahantas SE
Remington Steele s1

Didn’t see sex in the city or band of brothers. All the other HBO stuff was full price.[/QUOTE]

I got Miami Vice S1, MacGuyver S2, Monk S3, Newsradio S1-2 and 3rd Rock at the Medford location (N. LIE Service Rd east of Exit 64). Medford was cleared of all Friends, most Sex in the City was gone, no OC, no Spongebob, fullprice Sopranos.

[quote name='TheKindred']this is for all of the philadelphia CAG's i have chacked three targets in the area

still have not checked neshmany......... thats the update for now!!!!![/QUOTE]

thanks that saves me the effort

[quote name='sman113']something tells me if someone bought this just to sell, they'll be putting it up on ebay for 4 times your offer.[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah, I can't beleive so many people are offering to pay so little for these. If you couldn't get in on the deal on your own, and you don't have any good friends that did, you should head over to DeepDiscountDVD and purchase them there if you really want them.

And no...I didn't get any.

bread's done
Back