Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring- 10/12/10 release

IceBlueShoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anyone heard of this game?
Theirs an IGN preview here:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1082801p1.html

I'm thinking of picking this up. I admit I have a slight obsession w/ luchadors but it's different from the usual WWF games, plus it's much different from the usual FPS that seems to be dominating games nowadays.

Hopefully it'll be released as a budget title though. Oddly enough (unless if I missed it) their doesn't seem to be a create a luchador option which would really suck, but having the announcers in Spanish gives it some authenticity.

aaa-el-videojuego-20100408035339227.jpg

aaa-el-videojuego-20100408035403680.jpg

Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:
8/9/10 date should be used for a better game.

I would of feigned interest if they went with a crazy artstyle with "super-moves" and released it in XBL Arcade.

The best line from 1up's preview (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3178739):

There is, however, another traditional match that did make its way into the game: Máscara Contra Cabellera, or Mask vs. Hair. In this online-only mode, the losing luchador will either have his hair cut, or lose his mask. If a wrestler permanently loses his mask, he is considered a disgrace, and must win ten online matches in order to create a new one.

That feature alone justifies the existence of this game to me.

I've been waiting on this one for a while. I haven't watched AAA since I went to Comcast (I got Univision or Gallavision for free... can't remember which.), but did watch it almost every week (My wife hated that it A. More Wrestling and B. I couldn't understand half of it!). The Mask vs Hair feature sounds awesome!

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']
aaa-el-videojuego-20100408035339227.jpg

[/QUOTE]

not sure of the name of the toy brand, but i feel as if i could take my hand and rip his sandy skin off... look at his damn fingers!!!

I've been looking at this game for a few months now and E3 they seemed to show quite a bit of new stuff, which has gotten me even more interested.

Being a huge wrestling fan, I'll definitely be picking this up. I just can't wait to bust some skulls with the chair swinging freak, LA Parka. I also hope the late Abismo Negro in this as well as several other lucha libre talent from AAA.

The gameplay looks very similar to TNA iMPACT! just a lot more polished than the TNA game. I pray for a FPW approach to the gameplay though.

Man, I want a LaParka mask! But you can get masks of that quality for $20, so I'll be waiting. I'm pretty sure this game will drop like a rock, and I cannot justify paying $60 for it when so many must-have games are coming out in the near future. I really do want to play it, though.

That's an awesome preorder bonus from Gamestop! I'm a big wrestling fan, and know a lot of the names from the AAA promotion so I'll probably pick this up. It looked pretty good from the trailers shown.

I wonder my chances of getting a La Parka mask? My have to make a trip to the local Store. Honestly I'd be pleased with 3 out of the 4.

I really hope this one turns out well, and I really dig the traditional mask concept as that's something that's completely lost in the States. I'm looking at you, Rey Mysterio.

That's a pretty sweet preorder bonus, too, because if they're high-quality masks, those aren't cheap at all.

Hey now... Rey Mysterio has won way more than 10 matches since he lost his mask in WCW. He's earned it back! :p

And for those who can't get the game at launch or want to wait for any reason, I can direct you to several sites (you can find them on your own without much trouble, too) where you can buy lucha masks for $20. I would have gotten one at the Ring of Honor shows WrestleMania weekend like my partners in crime did, but I was on a tight budget after spending so much on show tickets and airfare.

Here is a picture of us at the Dragon Gate USA pay per view taping the night before WrestleMania. My teeth look rather... not white.:

26273_380005991687_505881687_4276188_4285280_n.jpg

Going to an Empire Wrestling federation show tonight featuring Mascara Sagrada and Blue Demon, Jr., along with X-Pac and Paul Bearer. Should be fun!

best preorder item ever. that alone makes me want to preorder the game, but I know I won't play it. maybe i'll just buy the mask from someone post-release, pending pricing and quality of the masks.

[quote name='HydroX']best preorder item ever. that alone makes me want to preorder the game, but I know I won't play it. maybe i'll just buy the mask from someone post-release, pending pricing and quality of the masks.[/QUOTE]
It's Gamestop, the masks will be of poor quality and they will probably only get a handful per store.

If anyone wants to get the real deal masks check them out on HighSpots.com, if you want a lower quality mask like the ones Gamestop are giving away go to you're local fair this Summer.

[quote name='Sigma']It's Gamestop, the masks will be of poor quality and they will probably only get a handful per store.

If anyone wants to get the real deal masks check them out on HighSpots.com, if you want a lower quality mask like the ones Gamestop are giving away go to you're local fair this Summer.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I've known about highspots for 10 years now and go there to stare at the masks from time to time wondering when I can justify spending money on an authentic Ultimo Dragon or Hayabusa mask. lol

[quote name='HydroX']yeah, I've known about highspots for 10 years now and go there to stare at the masks from time to time wondering when I can justify spending money on an authentic Ultimo Dragon or Hayabusa mask. lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I've wanted a mask from there for years myself. I just can't justify the expense. I just want something that will look cool on a Styrofoam head with some of my other stuff.

edit: the thought has occurred to me that one reason we're all excited by the promotion, beside the obvious tie in and cool factor is that it's a real object. Not a code, or a disc with a digital art book, but an actual honest to god item. It's a rarity anymore.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Which mask is the Dr. Wagner mask? It says that is the one online preorders get, but I'm not sure exactly which one that is.[/QUOTE]

Top right corner.

[quote name='Matt Young']The game has been delayed till 3 months from today: October 12th.[/QUOTE]

Damn it, damn it, sonofabitch! I was looking forward to this. Oh well... more time to pay this off.

Well looks like the cover of the game may need to change a little bit...

"Last night, AAA Super Mega Heavyweight Champion Dr. Wagner Jr. jumped promotions. Wagner, who is not only the champion but is also on the cover of the AAA video game, showed up at a CMLL event last night and officially announced that he was leaving AAA and returning to CMLL. Wagner's contract with AAA recently expired, and he was given the title and video game cover based on an agreement that he would re-sign with the company."

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/145273/Dr.-Wagner-Jr.-Jumps-To-CMLL.htm

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Well looks like the cover of the game may need to change a little bit...

"Last night, AAA Super Mega Heavyweight Champion Dr. Wagner Jr. jumped promotions. Wagner, who is not only the champion but is also on the cover of the AAA video game, showed up at a CMLL event last night and officially announced that he was leaving AAA and returning to CMLL. Wagner's contract with AAA recently expired, and he was given the title and video game cover based on an agreement that he would re-sign with the company."

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/145273/Dr.-Wagner-Jr.-Jumps-To-CMLL.htm[/QUOTE]

Maybe its a wrestling storyline! I actually just read a blurb about this in a magazine and it looks interesting. I haven't really liked a wrestling game in a long time, but I'd definitely look at this.

Btw, I notice that Sabu was still wrestling in AAA. I don't pretend to follow any of this. Any ideas if he'll be in the game? Or will all the wrestlers in game be masked wrestlers lol? I love Sabu. Crazy fuck

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Well looks like the cover of the game may need to change a little bit...

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/145273/Dr.-Wagner-Jr.-Jumps-To-CMLL.htm[/QUOTE]

Yikes! I would have put La Parka on the cover anyway due to him having some exposure in the US (even it was a long time ago) and might be recognized by lapsed fans. Still, that's a huge deal for the champion to jump promotions like that.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Yikes! I would have put La Parka on the cover anyway due to him having some exposure in the US (even it was a long time ago) and might be recognized by lapsed fans. Still, that's a huge deal for the champion to jump promotions like that.[/QUOTE]

All I remember of him was being one of the many luchadore jobbers in WCW.

Roster revealed by 1up.com

Xbox 360 & PS3:

Abismo Negro

Alan Stone

Charly Manson

Chessman

Cibernetico

Dark Cuervo

Dark Ozz

Dark Scoria

Dr. Wagner Jr.

El Brazo

El Elegido

El Mesias

El Zorro

Electroshock

Gronda

Jack Evans

Kenzo Susuky

Killer Clown

Konnan

La Parka

Marco Corleone

Octagon

Psicosis

Psycho Clown

Silver King

Super Fly

Vampiro Canadiense

Xtreme Tiger

Zombie Clown

Unlockable: Spectro Jr., Apache

Wii:

Abismo Negro

Alan Stone

Apache

Charly Manson

Chessman

Cibernetico

Dark Cuervo

Dark Ozz

Dark Scoria

El Brazo

El Elegido

El Mesias

Electroshock

Gronda

Kenzo Suzuky

Killer Clown

Konnan

Octagon

La Parka

Psicosis

Psycho Clown

Super Fly

Vampiro Canadiense

Zombie Clown

El Zorro

Tiffany

Mary Apache

Faby Apache

Unlockable: La Fresa

Man... I thought there would be a lot more names than that.

Still, if a game can't sell in the year 2010 based on names like LaParka, Silver King, Mark Jindrak, and Vampiro, then I don't know what is wrong with the world.

In all seriousness, the limited roster does look good. I like those guys and most of the others listed. Jack Evans is unreal as far as high flying stuff goes. I saw him in person at Dragon Gate USA back in March.

I think the main thing that is going to hurt this game is using the TNA Impact Unreal 3 Engine unless they did some major overhaul to the gameplay style. The modified Yukes Rumble Roses XX engine is a much better wrestling engine that Konami has used before so it is a shame that a game that has some potential to be ruined by the terrible gameplay mechanics much like what happened to TNA Impact. TNA looked great but the gameplay sucked and from what I have seen of AAA, it seems to be following that same path.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Yikes! I would have put La Parka on the cover anyway due to him having some exposure in the US (even it was a long time ago) and might be recognized by lapsed fans. Still, that's a huge deal for the champion to jump promotions like that.[/QUOTE]

I don't even think that is the same la parka, i think that wcw la parka wrestles as LA park and has gotten kind of fat, i think they even had a match recently for the name.

I posted this in the wrestling thread, too, but there are a lot of different posters in here. I am pretty sure I should know the answer but I can't think of it- whose mask is this?

38248_449072049934_680884934_6053825_5008583_n.jpg

Then why are you posting in here?

I see a lot of luchadores on independent shows since I'm in southern California. I've been watching Lucha Libre USA on MTV2 since it started, and pretty much ever since I got DirecTV, I have recorded the weekend lucha programs (AAA and CMLL) on channel 404, Galavision. It's actually helped me improve my Spanish.

[quote name='Matt Young']Then why are you posting in here?

I see a lot of luchadores on independent shows since I'm in southern California. I've been watching Lucha Libre USA on MTV2 since it started, and pretty much ever since I got DirecTV, I have recorded the weekend lucha programs (AAA and CMLL) on channel 404, Galavision. It's actually helped me improve my Spanish.[/QUOTE]

dude im just asking im not trying to offend anyone all i asked was who watches lucha libre . And btw i speak spanish 100% im dominican

Wow... that's a really fucking crazy coincidence. I just saw Chimaera wrestle for the first time at a show I went to a few weeks ago, and a girl I've known for a couple years is actually dating him! Guess I should have asked her.

The reason I didn't know it was him is because he wears a different mask now, and the only one I had seen him in before was that newer one:

l_5cdf3d53ca5b438e9f47a87dfaf01839.jpg

This is a pic from that show. My head is poking up just above the star on Johnny Starr's tights: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...547386766143_1279263208_1537077_6371178_n.jpg

As for drshorty, I wasn't offended. I was just curious as to why someone would come into a topic about a game based on lucha, ask if anyone watched lucha, and then state that thy themselves did not. That's all.

Anyone planning on picking this up next week? I wanna rent it myself first, but it looks like a better version of the TNA iMPACT! game.

[quote name='Sigma']Anyone planning on picking this up next week? I wanna rent it myself first, but it looks like a better version of the TNA iMPACT! game.[/QUOTE]

It's been delayed until October.

Updated with the new release date.
Just curious what the differences are b/w the PS3/360 version vs. Wii...
I"m thinking waggle?

I'd like to see some DLC for this game, but I'm not sure what they could do. Arenas? Ladder matches? Hmm...

bread's done
Back