Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes del Ring- 10/12/10 release

I seriously want a 2 player ref mode (8 players online, also controlling the wrestlers) in which one person plays the tecnico ref, and the other plays the rudo ref. Then, when the tecnico ref goes to count a pin, the rudo ref can kick him in the balls.

Yup, just read that also. This is now definitely a rental title once I come home soon, granted that there are still any rental stores left to rent from.

I really want to see how they handle Jack Evans in this game. He's one of the best reasons to watch Lucha/Mexican wrestling, that and that there storylines, even in Spanish, make more comprehensible sense than a TNA/WWE storyline does nowadays and is entertaining to boot.

wow, seriously not getting masks now? that's insane... all those people who preordered expecting a mask are going to be PISSED, I know I would be.

Good thing I didn't preorder.

They know if they show too much before the release, people will realize it is going to be bad like TNA Impact since it uses the same engine and the above video is just more proof of that. That is another reason I doubt they will release a demo but I would be glad if Slang is able to prove me wrong and make a good wrestling game. Had they used the old Gamecube Def Jam or even the Rumble Roses engine, this game would have been decent.

I got the Octagón mask from my Gamestop hookup. He told me from his manager conference that this was better than the WWE game. I guess we'll see. I may give it a try.

Rolled over my pre-order since not having the pre-order mask is a complete deal breaker. I did get to try on the Abismo Negro mask. It's rather snug, but I would've totally worn it for Halloween.

looks amazing, but not a game i would buy new! this is one of those that you wait a month or two and buy on cl :p

I don't understand why you people are saying it looks "amazing". It looks like garbage from the gameplay footage and I was holding off until first impressions rolled in.. one GF'er just weighed in. Definitely skipping this one.

I just got this game, and you will be thoroughly disappointed in it. It IS as bad, if not worse, than TNA Impact. Let me list some things:

1) From a weak grapple, you have four moves you can perform, and one of them is ALWAYS a snapmare.
2) From a strong grapple, you once again have only four moves you can perform.
3) There ARE two special moves you can do, but some of the people have a lowblow kick as a special move.
4) The wrestlers move around like they are going through molasses, whether you are running or throw someone with an irish whip, it's so slow, it's comical.
5) Once you initiate a grapple, you CAN NOT move, you are stuck there until you try to perform a move.
6) Once you have initiated a grapple and irish whip somebody, you can NOT choose the direction you throw them, it depends on which way you are facing when you grappled them.
7) One strike attack or one combo strike.
8) One kick attack or one combo kick.
9) The ring is WAY too big compared to the competitors.
10) Only two different moves can be performed on somebody in a turnbuckle.
11) You can NOT throw somebody back into the ring.
12) Only two weak back grapples
13) Only one strong back grapple
14) Only 4 Luchadors can be created
15) One special attack
16) AI is very dumb
17) AI will stay on the turnbuckle forever until they can attack

If there are any more questions, feel free to ask, I want to save as many people from wasting their hard earned money as I can.

I was really hoping it wouldn't be this bad, from people trying to say the gameplay videos were of an early build and stuff, but wow, it is so bad, I give it 4/10, and that's being nice.

Match types:

Pride Battle, which is like Exhibition
Story Mode, which is of course a Story Mode
King of Kings Mode, which is an 8 man tournament
Online Mode
Training Mode
Luchador Editor
Banner Editor
Extras, which has Biographies, Videos which need unlocked, Credits, and a Cheat Code entry

At least with SvR 2011 coming out in 2 weeks, you will probably find most of this roster in the community creations before too long and have a great wrestling title as well. Whoever thought using the Unreal Engine for both TNA and this game should be fired as they both could have been good if they just used the AKI Def Jam engine or even the Rumble Roses variation on the older Yukes engine. I guess Smackdown is not going to have any competition in the foreseeable future of wrestling games.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't understand why you people are saying it looks "amazing". It looks like garbage from the gameplay footage and I was holding off until first impressions rolled in.. one GF'er just weighed in. Definitely skipping this one.[/QUOTE]

Yeeeeeeeeeah, I'm skipping this one now. Might end up grabbing MoH now.

Playing it now.. Graphics aint that bad.. Too early for an opinion on the game..

Entrances are not complete to the ring.. but better than TNA impact which were only a few seconds. Feels similar to TNA impact as well. (wasnt that game unreal engine as well)

Its got Psicosis though :) and alot of footage from AAA. Most of the wrestlers are locked from the start though..

Commentary is pretty bad though.. Konnan and some other dude.

Liking the face vs heel story mode though where they are talking spanish to each other

[quote name='Ziv']I got the Octagón mask from my Gamestop hookup. He told me from his manager conference that this was better than the WWE game. I guess we'll see. I may give it a try.[/QUOTE]
LMAO! Gamestop managers crack me up! They will say just about anything to get a pre-order.

I tried to rent this the other day, but my rental store didn't even get it in. After reading reviews and thoughts on here though I don't know if I even want to play the game anymore.

bread's done
Back