Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

[quote name='MasterAwesome']send me a PM or something when the next tournament is being set up in case I forget.[/QUOTE]

We're not planning to do another one, are we?

If so, I'll hang onto Madden for a while longer, otherwise I'm gonna try to trade/sell it soon.

Whoops I guess I phrased that kind of ambiguously...I meant for Madden '11. I don't think we're doing another tournament on '10 (as far as I know). I don't think I can go without Madden until '11 comes out so I'll probably hold onto 2010 until then. I'm guessing the trade-in value drops drastically once the newer version comes out?

Yeah, I have no plans to get another Madden 10 one going and I don't think we'd really have enough people at this point anyways. So if you can wait until 11, trade it in!

I'm going to try to do the same. I think I can handle the 2 months without it.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Whoops I guess I phrased that kind of ambiguously...I meant for Madden '11. I don't think we're doing another tournament on '10 (as far as I know). I don't think I can go without Madden until '11 comes out so I'll probably hold onto 2010 until then. I'm guessing the trade-in value drops drastically once the newer version comes out?[/QUOTE]

Drops like BP stock. Looks like i will miss the first few 11 leagues the internet here isn't suitable for gaming so I'm done til december

Hey whats going guys I know i have been gone for like forever, lol But I am pretty sure there will be a Madden 11 league and I wanted to definitely be a part of that. I know I pretty much became a ghost after we combine leagues but that was mainly due to me finishing my last week of college, than graduation and moving back home, than getting a job, moving out the house,.... etc lol Now that things are getting more steady I know I will be able to dedicate the time needed to be active in the next league.

So to make a long story short I apologize to everybody, and hope to join you guys for another season when Madden 11 releases.

We got teams lined up for 11 yet? With the release being next month idk how long everyone wants to wait for league play but, I think it'll be good to start getting everyone's teams picked.

I think it comes out the 10th, so I would say the 20th. I won't get mine until the weekend if I'm ordering it from Amazon so at least a week after the release. But we can get a new thread going and claim teams a week before release date.

[quote name='Matt Young']Will people who were in the Madden 10 league get a chance to keep the same teams?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll probably give a 7 day window for former owners to claim their own teams and then open it up to everyone else. I will try to PM everyone too so they don't miss out.

I still haven't gotten the damn fumble in the endzone for a touchdown. I've done it a number of times, but never in a fight for the fumble situation. I guess there's ways to cheat the odds in your favor a bit, but seems like a pain.

I also hate how the AFL achievements show up as 'not done' when I never purchased those teams/throwback jerseys.

I'm glad they got rid of that crap for 11, as well as the specific player achievements like "Intercept Peyton Manning x times", etc. Those were just annoying.

[quote name='bvharris']Have they released the full team rankings anywhere yet?[/QUOTE]

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/06/04/madden-11-team-ratings-released

[quote name='bvharris']I'm glad they got rid of that crap for 11, as well as the specific player achievements like "Intercept Peyton Manning x times", etc. Those were just annoying.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, they did not:

Pick Up 6
Win a Fight for the Fumble in the end zone for a TD (no OTP) 75

[quote name='bvharris']I'm glad they got rid of that crap for 11, as well as the specific player achievements like "Intercept Peyton Manning x times", etc. Those were just annoying.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, they did not:

Pick Up 6
Win a Fight for the Fumble in the end zone for a TD (no OTP) 75

Game is out 2 weeks from today. Expect to see the new thread over the weekend or early next week! I just preordered the game through Amazon ($20 credit), and I'm also giving Amazon Prime a free trial so I'm getting it release day for free. Now I just need to remember to cancel it.

If you have a .edu e-mail address, you can get a year of Prime for free. Also, any preorders you make while you have the trial retain the release day delivery shipping speed.

[quote name='ubernes']Game is out 2 weeks from today. Expect to see the new thread over the weekend or early next week! I just preordered the game through Amazon ($20 credit), and I'm also giving Amazon Prime a free trial so I'm getting it release day for free. Now I just need to remember to cancel it.[/QUOTE]

You can go into your account, Manage Prime, and you can turn off auto-renew for Prime.

Demo from madden 11 is out.

I really, dont want to spend money on this game but I couldnt stand the thought of not beating BigAT this year in the superbowl.

When is the league sign ups happening? Also, is Azu still running it, havent seen him in a while.

Thanks BigAT.

Sood, I'll probably run it this year. I took over for Azu the last season we ran and I think it went pretty smoothly. I'm not 100% sure he'll even be able to play this year because he's either already or heading overseas soon for the school year.

I wanted to download the demo yesterday, but I've been without power for a couple days after a big storm in these parts. Hoping to be able to check it out tonight.

Here are my demo impressions:

I hope no one enjoys calling audibles or making adjustments on defense, because EA decided that both of those were way too easy to do in last year's game so that had to make them real inefficient. For adjustments, they changed it from using the bumpers, A and Y to the brand new "Strategy Pad". You have to hit the D-pad in any direction to bring it up initially, then one of the four directions to get to the proper category (coverage, D-line, LBs or hot route), then the corresponding direction on either the D-pad or the right stick to call what you want. It's not intuitive in the least and I found myself barely able to get in a single adjustment before the snap is made, let alone two or three.

For audibles, the generic audibles are no longer tied to the right stick. You hit X to bring up the first audible screen, where you need to use the left stick to move left and right between the four possible generic plays (like on defense: man, cover 2, cover 3, blitz), or you can hit X again to get to the second audible screen that has your predefined plays. Needless to say, it's significantly more difficult to get a quick audible in now. Moving left to right for the generic plays is especially inefficient.

Both changes feel like they were made simply for the sake of change, as no one could have possibly thought this is a better way to do things. In a year when they kept boasting about how GameFlow was going to make things quicker and easier, they really fucked this aspect of the game. I looked through the options and there was no way to go back to the traditional control method.

On defense, A now cycles to the previous player like it used to in older editions of the game. I found myself selecting the incorrect player pretty constantly as I was hitting A to skip through the presnap cutscene.

The controls for accepting penalties and putting injured players back into the game are slightly different, hitting X or A instead of moving up or down. More change for the sake of change.

I used the Colts offensive playbook last year and I didn't think it was possible, but it has even less running options than in '10. Actually, it seemed rather limited in general.

There's an audio element to the in-game advertising this year. The whistle from the Old Spice commercial, that stomp/clap song from one of the Gatorade commercials. Plus the Verizon drive summary and the Dorritos CrunchTime play of the game.

Revis is going to be a beast. He warped through Reggie Wayne to breakup a pass then later had a crazy interception on a deep pass.

I agree that the audibles suck....but I think gameplay improved. I enjoy locomotion and dual-stick control. Everything seems smoother...there were a couple of weird animations especially if your running east-west (toss-play) and try to cut up or quickly change directions...a lot of times the runner will completely stop and square to the line....

I really enjoyed playing as Jared Allen on the d-line....the interactions seem much improved.

WR route running seems upgraded too....I got toasted on a few routes by Reggie Wayne and Randy Moss....the deep ball is better too. It also seems that you can place the ball depending on the QB you are using...

I played 3 games yesterday and again, overall I would say I was pretty impressed

I actually think this is one of the worst maddens I have played in recent memory. I play 3qrts of the demo and deleted in disgust. I will wind up playing right into EA hands because I need to play as the Titans in a game. If there was any other game that had the Titans hell if they made their own game called True Blue Titans Football I would buy that.

I cant even tell what the hell locomotion does because it plays like every other madden, they still have that problem where a back will instant break the first tackle 80% of the time and with no double hits you still have the dreaded 1 guy tackles 8 guys fall over animations which normally lead to gaining 3-5 more yards as it plays out.

I also have heard that they did not improve the offline franchise at all which makes this game virtually worthless to me because I dont play random people online.

The sole reason why I am getting this is because of you guys....I love the CAG leagues and its very fun to play against CAG players.

bread's done
Back