Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

[quote name='Deuce20602']son, i been sittin online waitin thinkin i had u on my friend's list... my fault man... i'm on now[/QUOTE]

No worries, I thought you were on mine too, just realized you weren't. I'm sending the request now.

Lions, I'll be on tonight after 9 and on Mon Tue & Wed I'll be free anytime after 3. Just to let everyone know I might have to drop eventually. I'm leaving for my 2 Month stay in Texas on July 1st. But I'll try and stay in as long as I can. So chances are I probably won't be back in time for the Madden 11 League unless you guys start later. But I'll either catch the Second Season or see whats left when I return.

Yeah, the first play of the game kind of set the tone. You sniffed out my WR screen perfectly and two guys missed Moss and he took it like 60 yards. You did control the running game pretty well.

Deuce probably wisely retired after Landry got his 2nd pick of the game with the Redskins up 35-17 (we'll call that the final).

You were definitely back in it after my stupid pick 6 up 14-7 and driving which tied it up with under 2 minutes to go in the half. But I got the ball back, shook it off and drove down the field for the 21-14 lead before the half.

The game broke open I'd say when you went for the fake FG on 4th and Goal on your first possession of the 2nd half, which I sniffed out perfectly and Orakpo took it 99 yards for the score. It was gonna be tough to come back from that point (another pick 6 by Landry sealed it). Definitely a sloppy game on both sides (past and future of the Raiders, if you will).

Not gonna lie, I was really hoping to beat you after you knocked me out of the playoffs last time. :D Good game!

MasterAwesome, let me know when you want to play.

[quote name='venom']Lions, I'll be on tonight after 9 and on Mon Tue & Wed I'll be free anytime after 3. Just to let everyone know I might have to drop eventually. I'm leaving for my 2 Month stay in Texas on July 1st. But I'll try and stay in as long as I can. So chances are I probably won't be back in time for the Madden 11 League unless you guys start later. But I'll either catch the Second Season or see whats left when I return.[/QUOTE]

Plz PM him.

Btw, here's an update for the new page. And so people know where they are at (in case they forgot).

Lions: check the previous page for Jags availability.

Azu: I gave you the L because I know your XBL is up any day now and it seems like that's where you were heading. I hope to see you back in here for Madden 11 though!

Bucs/Browns: Rames, Matt seems to be trying to reach you, what's the deal? I know you guys were PMing so hopefully something is being worked out.

doubletroubleupdate1-3.jpg

I'm glad to see some progress finally being made, I've been reading up every now and then on here. I'm at home right now (my 360 is up at college), and I'm planning on driving back up on Friday actually. I was going to drive up to college this last weekend but since no one had played their games (among other reasons), I just decided to stay home for another week. I'm not exactly sure what my availability will be like on Friday, but I'm sure I can fit our game in there. I'm going to check out an apartment up there sometime on Friday (I haven't scheduled an appointment yet) so I'll let you know when I figure that out. I'll probably go out later that night too, so I'd say I'd probably be available sometime around 6-9 P.M. EST on Friday and then pretty much anytime Saturday or later if you need. Sorry I won't be able to play until Friday, but the loser's bracket is lagging behind pretty hard so it doesn't seem like there needs to be too big of a rush.

Ramesu didn't respond yesterday. He said he wouldn't be available till later, but that was very early in the morning so I had hoped to catch him before he went out. I had been up since 8:00 the night before, and I was on the computer a lot and would check for a response every once in a while. Nothing when I got home last night, either.

He did message me today, but after being up for 33 hours straight, I was sleeping. Apparently, he was only available till 9:00.

I guess it's just that our schedules conflict.... but I am usually available for long stretches of time, not sleeping regularly. Obviously, I'm not always here that whole time, but my schedule is fairly flexible.

Yeah, MasterAwesome I would not worry about rushing to get your game in. We do need to catch up on the loser's bracket big time.

The other games seem to be lagging due to a lack of communication and sense of urgency. I know this isn't a league, and I know we're doing this much more casually, but we need to move things along with at least some progress.

So I'm setting a deadline: Wednesday night we will be finishing with the first round of the loser's bracket. I'll "sim" it if I have to. Just please make an effort and actually communicate (aka don't half ass it and post a msg here and then don't check back in for 3 days).

[quote name='ubernes']
Azu: I gave you the L because I know your XBL is up any day now and it seems like that's where you were heading. I hope to see you back in here for Madden 11 though!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's great :)
Don't think I'll be back for Madden 11 though, if I'm taking anything with me to the UK it'll be the PS3 :(

Well, I have tried my best to communicate. Not saying Ramesu hasn't; just saying I've done all I can. I will be available from noon Eastern till 5 P.M. Eastern, at which time I have to go to the hospital, so we'd have to start by 4 Eastern.. I'm not sure when I will be back. Hopefully it won't take too long, since I am hoping my problem is not serious. If I don't get a response before I go, I'll post when I get home, if I'm allowed to come home tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MasterAwesome']I'm glad to see some progress finally being made, I've been reading up every now and then on here. I'm at home right now (my 360 is up at college), and I'm planning on driving back up on Friday actually. I was going to drive up to college this last weekend but since no one had played their games (among other reasons), I just decided to stay home for another week. I'm not exactly sure what my availability will be like on Friday, but I'm sure I can fit our game in there. I'm going to check out an apartment up there sometime on Friday (I haven't scheduled an appointment yet) so I'll let you know when I figure that out. I'll probably go out later that night too, so I'd say I'd probably be available sometime around 6-9 P.M. EST on Friday and then pretty much anytime Saturday or later if you need. Sorry I won't be able to play until Friday, but the loser's bracket is lagging behind pretty hard so it doesn't seem like there needs to be too big of a rush.[/QUOTE]

No worries, we definitely had some trouble setting it up (though not for lack of effort by both parties).

I'm going to a wedding Friday, so that won't work for me. Saturday, especially later in the afternoon/evening should probably work, though I won't know for sure until later in the week.

Hey Matt...it would have to be after 5 pm est since I won't be home from work until then at the very earliest, so I hope all goes wee @ the hospital and maybe we can get it done tonight...PM's are certainly the best way to reach me especially on weekends because the notification comes directly to my phone and I'm usually busy during weekends...which is why I specifically asked Matt to PM me with a time that we could play....

Jaguars Defense was ferocious as they held Detroit to 7 Single Points, Forcing 2 Interceptions and a Sack/FF by Big John Henderson. David Garrard was named MVP with 5 Touchdowns to 2 Interceptions, Mike Sims-Walker had another breakout game tallying 4 Receptions for 155 Yards, and 2 Touchdowns. Final was 47-7 in favor of Jacksonville. It was quite a different far cry from my game against the St. Louis Rams. Earnest Wilford had 2 Big Touchdowns as well, one was about a 30 Yarder where he made a low catch broke a tackle and then another to rumble into the endzone. I'm coming for you Ubernes!

:shock:

I recognize a hospital bracelet when I see one. I hope you're alright.

(on a side note, '84 babies represent)

[quote name='BigAT']:shock:

I recognize a hospital bracelet when I see one. I hope you're alright.

(on a side note, '84 babies represent)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but don't worry about me. I just posted it as proof that what I said before about having to go to the hospital was true. I wouldn't have posted it for any other reason, since it otherwise would have nothing to do with Madden at all. I mean, nobody said I was lying or anything, but I'd be kind of suspicious if someone gave me that reason as to why they weren't around to play, ya know? Heh.

I was actually hospitalized due to a heart attack that took place when I realized I was going into my game with Brady Quinn as my starting quarterback.
Just kidding. ;)

When in 1984 were you born?

Haha... I'm older than you! I win!

I don't know what I win. But I'm guessing you were class of 2003. I graduated in 2002.

The reason I mention this is because I thought you were older, like maybe 32.

Oh shit. Not only is everyone else in here but me in the Eastern time zone, but you're all 2003 high school grads as well! Well, except Azumangaman. He's a young whippersnapper.

On topic, I PM'ed Ramesu since he said that's the best way to contact him. If he's available at the same time tomorrow night as he said he would be tonight, we'll be able to get our game in, finally. I'm sure this whole ordeal has been a huge headache for everyone, especially ubernes. But I've pretty much been cursed for the last 4 months, so maybe I'm just bad luck for the tournament, LOL. Good thing I'll be out after my next game unless I get very lucky.

[quote name='Matt Young']Oh shit. Not only is everyone else in here but me in the Eastern time zone, but you're all 2003 high school grads as well! Well, except Azumangaman. He's a young whippersnapper.
[/QUOTE]
fuck yeah class of 2010! Graduation is the 29th :D

Venom, I'll hit you up on Facebook, but tomorrow should be good after the last soccer game. So 4:30ish est. Between then and like 9pm I should be available.

Ubernes... on Facebook? =-o Well, I guess everyone is these days. I'm on Venom's list if you want to add me. That's actually a much better way to reach me than CAG.

Hey Bvharris some stuff came up so I think I may actually end up driving up to college on Wednesday night instead, so we could potentially play our game either late Wednesday night or anytime Thursday if you want. I'm just throwing out some other options if any of them sound better to you. We can always just stick to playing on Saturday if you'd prefer.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Hey Bvharris some stuff came up so I think I may actually end up driving up to college on Wednesday night instead, so we could potentially play our game either late Wednesday night or anytime Thursday if you want. I'm just throwing out some other options if any of them sound better to you. We can always just stick to playing on Saturday if you'd prefer.[/QUOTE]

Wednesday night will probably work. If we can't get it in then, Thursday would work too after about 7:30PM.

Alright well I probably won't be back until around 11:00 p.m. EST or later on Wednesday, so if you don't mind playing around then or potentially around midnight, then we can definitely do that, otherwise Thursday night is perfectly fine with me.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Alright well I probably won't be back until around 11:00 p.m. EST or later on Wednesday, so if you don't mind playing around then or potentially around midnight, then we can definitely do that, otherwise Thursday night is perfectly fine with me.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. We can play it by ear, whichever one of us wins is going to need to wait a loooong while for the loser's bracket to finish up anyway. :D

PM from - Matt Young: Do you have the same availability tomorrow? I can just PM you when I'm able to get on, if you want. What is the latest you are available? I plan to make it as early as possible for the sake of convenience, but I just wanted to know.

That will work....the latest I will be available is Midnight est....and the earliest would be 5 pm est...when I tried to respond by PM it said that you exceeded your space limitation...

[quote name='Matt Young']Oh shit. Not only is everyone else in here but me in the Eastern time zone, but you're all 2003 high school grads as well! Well, except Azumangaman. He's a young whippersnapper.[/QUOTE]

I'm a 86 baby, class of 04... :applause:

David Garrard and the Jacksonville Jaguars went into Buffalo to face the Bills both teams on the Brink of Elimination. Jacksonville's Defense shut down Buffalo at every turn as they eliminated the Bills. Jacksonville scored first with a Jones-Drew Touchdown, Buffalo would answer back with a Fred Jackson 2 yard Run making it a tie game. Buffalo would then grab their only lead of the game as Ryan Fitzpatrick hit Terrel Owens for a 19 Yard Touchdown to make it 14-7 Buffalo. Jacksonville answered back quickly with a Troy Williamson 46 Yard Reception to set them up on the 1, Garrard would hit TE Mercedes Lewis for the Score making it a 14-14 Game at Halftime. It was all downhill for Buffalo after that, Sean Considine took an Interception back 32 Yards for another score, Jones Drew with a 75 Yard Reception for another and Garrard with a QB Sneak would make it 35-14 and Jacksonville never looked back as they rolled to a 49-14 Win.

GG Ubernes! I finally won! :)

David Garrard: 8/12 - 228 Yards - 3 Touchdown - 0 Interception

Maurice Jones-Drew: 10 Rushes - 94 Yards - 1 Touchdown - 1 Reception - 75 Yards - 1 Receiving Touchdown

Troy Williamson: 3 Receptions - 106 Yards - 1 Touchdown

Rashean Mathis: 1 Interception - 1 Touchdown of 32 Yards

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm done with it once I lose as well, I'm not much for playing the Computer the entire Summer lol. I'm excited for 11 though. GG Again.

On the positive side of things: as soon as I lost I immediately left the house and went for a run. Probably the best 2 miles I've run this summer haha.

[quote name='BigAT']Anger running is the best type of running.[/QUOTE]

Agree 110%. Though, I landed on my hip diving for a loose bball at the Y today so I don't think it appreciated it as much as I did.

Btw, I will update the bracket once the last 1st round Loser's Bracket game is played.

So I play Oakland now, interesting! Let me know when you can play Oakland, I'll try and get my games done as soon as I can seeing as I leave in 8 Days.

Venom, i work tomorrow thru friday from 2-10 pm est... i should be online around 11 each night and possibly late morning tomorrow and thursday

Please give Ramesu the forfeit win. I can't play now like I told him I was going to.

Like I said, it seems like I'm cursed lately. Whether it's medical issues, or personal issues beyond my control as is the case tonight, something always seems to be going wrong lately. I'm usually really reliable, but I'm sure I've been quite the headache for everyone the past few months, and it's not fair to keep you guys waiting just because I have to handle some stupid crap that keeps coming up. Don't need to sully my Madden reputation (for lack of a less dumb sounding term) any more before Madden 11.

I am actually back now, but Ramesu said he'd only be available till midnight Eastern (4 minutes from now) and I know he gets up early for work. So if he happens to be unable to sleep and gets on, I can play now. Otherwise, please give him the forfeit win as I suggested before.

bread's done
Back