Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

All right. I'm pretty sure at this point that I'll end up playing Green Day: Rock Band anyway after I finish watching this show on my DVR, so just send me a message on Live.

Mics: Don't really use in Madden. Only time I really use it is for Left 4 Dead or Battlefield.

Lions: No one has claimed them yet. We'll wait for some people to catch up, but if the guy who had the Lions before doesn't show by the time your next opponent is ready (or maybe just Tuesday) then you'll get the W.

deuce, still looking for a time to play you, i'm Da Bears! xbox name: feroci0us1, i'll be on xbox all day playing final fantasy, just message me;)

[quote name='siradam134']deuce, still looking for a time to play you, i'm Da Bears! xbox name: feroci0us1, i'll be on xbox all day playing final fantasy, just message me;)[/QUOTE]

i'll be ready in about 10 minutes

Matt learned first hand what happens when Brady Quinn is your QB. The Redskins were absolutely suffocating on D for the second straight game, allowing only 82 yards of total offense to the meager Browns. Quinn tossed three picks to put together a robust QB rating of 14.4.

Meanwhile, Cambell was 16-21 for 3 TDs (Moss, Thomas, Portis) and a pick, and Portis rushed for 95 on 20 carries. The Skins held the ball for 22:23 compared to 5:37 for the Browns.

24-0 the final, and the Redkins are on a roll heading into Round 3.

Well, shit. There goes my undefeated record in ranked games. I am now 1-1.

But seriously, I got Stallowned. I had a lot of fun, though. Contrary to what some may think, I don't really get mad when I lose; it's just when the AI costs me points or entire games that I would come on here and rant. But maybe the fact that I was out on the Sunset Strip till 3 A.M. and there were a bunch of hot, scantily clad lesbians (albeit outnumbered 2:1 by gay men) has contributed to my good mood. Maybe it's the Vicodin I took for my hurt knee. Maybe... I am rambling because I haven't slept. Yep, all of the above are true.

Redskins 24, Browns 0

Like I said, no weird bullshit with the AI, thank God. There was one insane 1 handed INT, but it should have been an INT anyway so I wasn't bothered by the fact that it went down that way. Harris is really good, and he has a good shot at being a finalist. Good game and good luck to him.

EDIT: Yeah, my offense was terrible and your D was solid. Brady Quinn sucks so much, but I didn't have a better option anyway. I usually control the ball for more than 50% of each game I play, even when I lose, but you just dominated me this morning.

[quote name='Matt Young']
EDIT: Yeah, my offense was terrible and your D was solid. Brady Quinn sucks so much, but I didn't have a better option anyway. I usually control the ball for more than 50% of each game I play, even when I lose, but you just dominated me this morning.[/QUOTE]

Tough to do when you can't get anything going on the ground. The few times you did run it seemed to be right at Big Albert, whose Madden rating has yet to compensate for the fact that he decided to suck in Washington. :D

I'm actually surprised how much I enjoy playing as the Redskins, they have some decent weapons. I might take a look at them in the Madden 11 league if I want to shake things up.

Raiders-37
Bears-17

GG Deuce!

STATS:
Passing:
Jamarcus Russell: 8 for 18, 202 yards, 1 TD, 0 int, 104.4 Rating
Jay Cutler: 15 for 30, 95 yards, 2 TD, 2 int, 51.3 Rating

Rushing:
Raiders
Darren McFadden: 8 for 81 yards, 1 T.D.
Justin Fargas: 12 for 33 yards, 1 T.D.
Jamarcus Russell: 2 for 8, 1 T.D.

Bears
Matt Forte: 6 for 61, 1 T.D.

Receiving:
Raiders
Louis Murphy: 5 for 114, 1 T.D.
Johnnie Lee Higgins: 2 for 65, 0 T.D
Darius Heyward-Bey: 1 for 23, 0 T.D.

Bears
Matt Forte: 4 for 25, 0 T.D.
Devin Hester: 3 for 26, 0 T.D.
Greg Olsen, 3 for 29, 1 T.D.
Desmond Clark, 2 for 9, 0 T.D.
Jason Mckie, 2 for 0, 1 T.D. (2 passes, 0 yards, 1 touchdown...nice?)

Sacks:
Raiders:
Richard Seymour: 1

Bears:1
Brian Urlacher: 1
Alex Brown: 1

Tackles Leader for the game with 8: Brian Urlacher

Interceptions:
Raiders: 2
Stanford Routt:1
Nnamdi Asomugha: 1

Kicking:
Sebastian Janikowski: (he's a beast.)
3 FGA, 3 FGM, Long: 59

Last edited by a moderator:
Raiders 37
Bears 17

It was actually a little closer than the score suggests but it was a good game overall considering the level of talent on the field.

Looks like it's me and you Deuce.

revenge-demotivational-poster-1230162909.jpg

One advantage for the people in the loser's bracket: Given the pace the games up top are being finished, whoever makes the finals out of the winner's bracket is likely going to have to wait around a while and could get rusty. Then again, they do get two shots at the title.

I still hope it's me.

[quote name='ubernes']Da Bears, let me know when you want to play our loser brackets game. It's win or go home for one of us at this point.[/QUOTE]

i'm online for the rest of the night playing final fantasy, just send me a msg, and i'll switch games!

username: feroci0us1

[quote name='siradam134']i'm online for the rest of the night playing final fantasy, just send me a msg, and i'll switch games!

username: feroci0us1[/QUOTE]

k, i'll be on shortly. i have a lull in my day of sports with World Cup ending for the day and the Mets finishing up their beating of the Os. A whole 3 and half hours to kill until the NBA Finals.

Damn it guys. This league is the sole reason I am even thinking about buying madden this year.

And I cant even get it cheap because they are going to charge for a bullshit access code. Its going to kill me to not be a part of this league....but I will be damned to spend 60 on madden.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
And I cant even get it cheap because they are going to charge for a bullshit access code. Its going to kill me to not be a part of this league....but I will be damned to spend 60 on madden.[/QUOTE]

Pre-ordering through Amazon comes with a $20 credit. Yeah, it's still $60, but at least that'll save on something else.

Deuce, let me know when would be good for you (unless you want to wait for the loser's bracket to catch up a bit).

Damn... nice. $20 credit from Madden, use that to preorder Halo: reach for $40, get another $20 credit with that, use that one on any number of big fall/winter releases which will probably include credits of their own. I love you, Amazon.

[quote name='Matt Young']Damn... nice. $20 credit from Madden, use that to preorder Halo: reach for $40, get another $20 credit with that, use that one on any number of big fall/winter releases which will probably include credits of their own. I love you, Amazon.[/QUOTE]

It's really an ingenious way of keeping business, and it rewards customers as well. Win-win.

Wow, look out for ubernes, Fred Jackson is a beast.

Bills:66
Bears:0

1Q: 0-0
2Q:14-0
3Q:28-0
4Q:66-0
Stats:

Passing:
Jay Cutler, 12 for 33, 121 Yards,0 T.D., 5 Interceptions, 8.1 Rating
Ryan Fitzpatrick, 7 for 8, 76 Yards, 2 T.D., 0 Int, 145.8 Rating

Rushing:
Fred Jackson 15 for 253 Yards, 4 TouchDowns
Marshawn Lync, 12 for 71 yards, 0 T.D.

Matt Forte: 11 for 37 yards, 0 T.d.

Receiving:
Fred Jackson, 2 for 31 yards, 1 td
Josh Reed, 2 for 22 yards , 1 T.D.

Matt Forte, 7 for 51 yards

Defensive:
Leodis Meckelvin, 2 Interceptions, 1 T.D.
Jairus Byrd, 1 Interception
Keith Ellison, 1 interception
Ashton Youboty, 1 Interception, 1 T.D.
Chris Draft, 1 Fumble Recovery, 1 T.D.

Just finished up with the Bears to keep myself alive, 66-0.

He's posting the stats shortly. Needless to say Cutler did not have his finest performance. Fred Jackson on the other hand was playing his ass off. Coming off a 70-80 yard game last game and a fumble, he turned it up just a few notches this week (253 rushing yards, 134 after the 1st hit, 4 TDs)

edit: Looks like I await the Jags, unless the Lions show up in the next day or 2.

Browns....let me know when u can play...I'm good for sometime tonight but I would like to see the end of the Celtics/Lakers...tommorow after 5pm est would be best...

St. Louis - 17
Seattle - 6

GG to MasterAwesome. I just never got my offense going, 6 points isn't going to be enough to beat anyone. I probably should have checked Hasselback's attributes before playing with him. I just looked now and his deep accuracy (a miserable 63) really showed during this game as he missed a couple of wide open receivers down the field.

My defense didn't really do anything to help me out either unfortunately. They seemed to develop a case of stone hands, dropping several potential INTs in big situations.

Yeah...I feel really bad about that win, I played horribly but got really lucky that his secondary dropped so many interceptions (probably like 8ish or something). Steven Jackson had a whopping 10 rushes for 16 yards. Sometimes I feel like his speed is more like a 60 than an 87. The St. Louis defense played like the Ravens or something out there, although like BigAT said, near the end of the game Matt Hasselback kept overthrowing his receivers or it would have been a very close game. On the other hand, Marc Bulger had some pretty solid passes, one notable one being off his back foot as he threw it to the tight end perfectly like 20 yards away.

Oh well, gg BigAT, that was one of those games where the AI definitely lost you the game...so sorry about that.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Browns....let me know when u can play...I'm good for sometime tonight but I would like to see the end of the Celtics/Lakers...tommorow after 5pm est would be best...[/QUOTE]

Just a re-post so that this doesn't get lost on the previous page...

[quote name='bvharris']How did you manage to score 38 points in the 4th quarter?[/QUOTE]

jeez didn't even notice. No idea. I think I had at least 2 pick six then. I wasn't trying to run it up.

[quote name='ubernes']jeez didn't even notice. No idea. I think I had at least 2 pick six then. I wasn't trying to run it up.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm not even talking about running it up, I'm just in shock that it's even possible to score that many in a 7 minute quarter with the accelerated clock.

[quote name='bvharris']Haha, I'm not even talking about running it up, I'm just in shock that it's even possible to score that many in a 7 minute quarter with the accelerated clock.[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah. Good thing you ran out the clock then right? Haha

[quote name='ubernes']Lol yeah. Good thing you ran out the clock then right? Haha[/QUOTE]

Now you see what I'm talking about, haha. I've seen you put up points in a hurry.

BV... i should be around all evening tomorrow... i get off work at 1:30 but i got a few things to do on the way home so lets try for 5pm est?

[quote name='Deuce20602']BV... i should be around all evening tomorrow... i get off work at 1:30 but i got a few things to do on the way home so lets try for 5pm est?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I won't get home from work that early. I'm a 9-5er anyway and I need to stay after COB tomorrow since we have a deployment.

I'd say later in the evening would work better.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Browns....let me know when u can play...I'm good for sometime tonight but I would like to see the end of the Celtics/Lakers...tommorow after 5pm est would be best...[/QUOTE]

I missed the game since I was at a pro wrestling event tonight; just got home. Of course, this being southern California, we were updated with the score periodically. So, no point in watching it on the DVR, especially since the Lakers lost. :(

I can't say for sure what time I will be available tomorrow. I am joining some CAGs for Halo firefight at 10 Eastern, but I should be able to play you sometime before then.

Current lot of games:

Winner's Bracket
Redskins vs Raiders (playing sometime tonight)

Loser's Bracket
Jags vs Lions
Bucs vs Browns (playing tonight)
Chiefs vs Fins (playing tomorrow. Azu, I'm checking his availability for tomorrow, should know soon).

edit: I'll update the bracket late tonight.

9:30pm will work. See you then.

[quote name='venom']I'm good for tonight, probably around 9:30 or so if that's good with you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Deuce20602']thats fine... i should be around so just get at me when ur available[/QUOTE]

Got held up with a mini-crisis at work. I'm home now, so post in here when you want me to get on, I'll see it.

Edit: If I'm not here, I'll be on XBL, so alternatively just message me on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance the winner of the Redskins/Raiders game would want to play our game tonight? Perhaps right after your game (unless you wouldn't mind playing late tonight)? I'm going home tomorrow morning for a few days and leaving my 360 up at college so I won't get a chance to play for a while.

Alright cool, I will be selfishly rooting for you then :) I'm going out to get some dinner right now and will probably be ready to play in like 45 min or so, which shouldn't really matter unless Deuce shows up pretty much right now.

Sorry I died on you Lions, I got home later than expected. If you sent me any messages, It wasn't me at the Xbox and Notifications were shut off. I'll be available tomorrow though, anytime before the Game.

bread's done
Back