Madden 12 $45 @ TRU + free shipping

murph17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
TRU doesn't do release date delivery though :(
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643590

What I am trying to do is get Amazon to price match...
$45 Madden
$20 Amazon credit (hellooooo $40 NHL)
and $0.99 release date delivery

not guaranteed, but you can always cancel if they don't price match

Step 1: Pre-order at Amazon
Step 2: Go to bottom of Madden 12 page @ Amazon, in the Feedback section choose "tell us about a lower price". Send them Toys R Us link.
Step 3: Wait for reply

Step 4a: If they price match...WIN!
Step 4b: If they don't price match...cancel pre-order

Cool, I finally got the $15 promo. IMO that's better since I'm not restricted in just getting video game. But I went ahead and preorder Battlefield with it.

It took me 2 chats and 3 email, 2 cancellation on 2 accounts, and another 4 email to get it. I notice that this response is from one of my earlier email so maybe if I'm lucky, I can get my price drop with the $15.

Here's their response.

Hello,

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't apply to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site or offered by any other site. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. I've made an exception to our standard policy.

As I'll not be able to issue refund on the order, I've issued you a $15.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next qualifying order automatically. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/help/promotionalcertificate

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page.

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks guys just got this last night for 45.98 with release date delivery :)

Email I got back:

Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception and I've reduced the price of "Madden NFL 12" to $44.99. A detailed summary of your adjusted order, including the new order total, can be found here:

I basically just said I know amazon is usually competitive in their pricing but tru has it cheaper (linked it). Then said i would much rather buy it from amazon since I almost always buy my games from there (which is true) but would go for tru since it has the best immediate price. So would you be able to do a price match? Either way thank you. :)

Edit: I placed my order and emailed right after.

Sent my second email yesterday afternoon. Got my response this morning.

$15 credit for my next order! So I pre-ordered a second copy, got my price down to $44.99, cancelled the original order. So happy this worked.

I have a question though. I want to trade a game in to amazon and use that credit towards madden as well. I can do that right? There's a way to change payment options correct?

b1rdman,

Yes, you can apply credit (whether from amazon gift cards or trade-ins) to games you pre-order.

In my case I used trade-in credit to knock down the price of BF3 PC version to 30$ after I pre-ordered it for 50$. I also managed to snag the Star Wars Blue-Ray set for a 1$ after using all sorts of trade-in credit after pre-ordering and I can even still get it for free once I trade-in another game.

As to how to change the payment method, go to the "order details" in the orders page and look at the "payment information" part, it should say "apply __$ to you order" where it normally would say "do you want to apply a gift card." There should be an "apply" gift card button.

Of course, the other route is just to click on "change payment method" and you can apply the trade-in credit there.

P.S. I emailed Amazon about my Madden pre-order and they only gave me a 10$ gift card, but then again I'm already using a 10$ gift card I got from my Kindle on Madden so in balance it's as if saving 20$ on the order.

[quote name='confoosious']congrats. now you have 15 emails and 20 chat transcripts on your account.[/QUOTE]

It only took one nicely written email for me... I'm special.

[quote name='confoosious']congrats. now you have 15 emails and 20 chat transcripts on your account.[/QUOTE]

does it look like i give a fuc? :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Just sent Amazon an e-mail. Looking forward to Madden because NCAA was such a dissapointment..IMHO..

If i trade in NCAA on Amazon for at least 30 dollars and if FIFA 11 value holds to at least 20 by the end of August. I would get Madden and NHL for very cheap :applause:

Thanks Ryan. I think I'm gonna trade-in my copy of fifa 11 then to put towards Madden. Value is still at $24.50. So Madden will only cost me about $20. I can play world cup 2010 in the mean time, then get fifa 12 with my $20 credit from madden. :)

Got it for $44.99!! Took two emails and had the second response within an hour. Thanks OP and for those still trying..don't give up.

How do you do you actually send the email to someone concerning your/my order about this? I am a newb and have never done it.

Thanks!

[quote name='b1rdman']Thanks Ryan. I think I'm gonna trade-in my copy of fifa 11 then to put towards Madden. Value is still at $24.50. So Madden will only cost me about $20. I can play world cup 2010 in the mean time, then get fifa 12 with my $20 credit from madden. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Im gonna get rid of FIFA 11 for NHL. I usually buy FIFA closer to the Holidays.

Only sent 1 email so far nothing back. But I tried on chat twice and they blocked my live chat feature. Can you tell Im anxious?

[quote name='ftlee']How do you do you actually send the email to someone concerning your/my order about this? I am a newb and have never done it.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Go to Help >Contact Us> Click on the Item Ordered> Fill Info on Why You Are Contacting Them > Clcik send E-Mail

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I got a rejection from Ganesh A. I sent another one. Maybe I'll get lucky this time.[/QUOTE]

I hope you get Ganesh C because Ganesh B is a jerk.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']I hope you get Ganesh C because Ganesh B is a jerk.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. :lol:

I got rejected on my first email. Going to try again later and hopefully get a different rep. Not going to go nuts, I was already using $38 credit to get this so it's only $22 out of pocket; but getting a price match on this would be awesome.

Hello,

I've reviewed our previous correspondence. I understand you're concerned about the lower price on the other site, and I hope I can help.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

This is from Rahul C. To me, it seems like they're saying "Hey, we know you already sent us shit about this once. The answer is no, again. Stop bothering us".

I tried doing the "Let us know of a lower price!" thing twice, and so far nothing has happened. I will wait til tonight and then try sending them an email.

I tried twice through email - got the price the second time. Thanks for helping out with this guys.

After 3 emails and 3 chats, I got it reduced to 49.99. The other emails basically said, "Stop bothering us." But, I trudged on and got $10 off of it.

Please be courteous guys; we are wasting a lot of their time by submitting duplicate problems and a lot of us are EXPECTING that they should take money away. We shouldn't expect them to take money away, but it's nice if they do.

[quote name='Ketsui']does it look like i give a fuc? :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

don't worry about him... he always has something negative to say and all day to say it.

Just be happy the deal worked...

[quote name='kevgret']don't worry about him... he always has something negative to say and all day to say it.

Just be happy the deal worked...[/QUOTE]

i know. thanks. im just glad all the hard work paid off..i thought it would never work

[quote name='killer9']i got them to match toys r us first hell yeah[/QUOTE]

How did you get them to match? What email did they send back?

Just sent my second email after getting denied once there and twice on chat. I don't think I'm going to try too many more times, but if it works then hell yeah.

[quote name='kevgret']don't worry about him... he always has something negative to say and all day to say it.

Just be happy the deal worked...[/QUOTE]

Amazon only gives out a certain amount of "goodwill credit" and every single time you use them, it gets recorded. There are bigger fish to fry than $15. 35 contacts to Amazon customer service can't be good for you. :bouncy:

[quote name='confoosious']Amazon only gives out a certain amount of "goodwill credit" and every single time you use them, it gets recorded. There are bigger fish to fry than $15. 35 contacts to Amazon customer service can't be good for you. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I smell the aroma of an account ban smokin' on a grill! :bouncy:

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Amazon deals. Sometimes they really go above and beyond (like when I bought Skate 1 new but they sent me a used copy in error, so they gave me a refund and let me keep the game...even insisted I keep it for their error). But when you bother them with a total of 35 email/chat sessions, that's pushing it to an extreme. Some of you have apparently mistaken their courtesy with your sense of self entitlement. This has occurred many times in the past, some found out the hard way in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KratosKilla']How did you get them to match? What email did they send back?[/QUOTE]

I told them about toys r us price and provided a link to the toys r us price asked if they would match it this is what i got back

Untitled-7.jpg

Hello,

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

[Link]

Because of the circumstances, I've made an exception to our policy. I've changed the price of Madden NFL 12 from $59.99 to $44.99.

We hope to see you again soon at Amazon.com.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
[Link]

If no, please click here:
[Link]

Best regards,

Bharath M.
Amazon.comhttp://www.amazon.com/your-account
http://www.amazon.com/your-account

It worked for me. Super stoked about this.

Anyone have a valid order number who successfully received the price-match? This customer support rep said he would price-match if he had proof another was price-matched.

Just message me the order number or post below if you wouldn't mind! Thanks.

Just got back from a night out with friends for sushi, Japanese beer, and Sake!

Before I left I figured, "What the hell?". Now, though I know there's a fine line between inquiring a price match and harassing a CSR, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try once and if shot down, no big deal. Besides, I was going to have a good night regardless...but I must admit, it just got better!

Get home...check email...notice 2 emails from AMZ.

The first I was shot down...I figured no biggie, life goes on.

Check second email...SAME CSR apologizes within minutes of shooting me down on the first email, and out of no where, grants me the full sale price of $44.99!

As I mentioned, I was gone all night so I never replied to the first or anything. Same CSR said "no" the first email...and within minutes...the same CSR apologizes and asks me to disregard the first email and grants me the $44.99 sale price.

Maybe it's all the Sake...but I'm really dumbfounded ATM. In any case, I guess this is one of numerous other main reasons why I stay a loyal and primary AMZ customer.

Good luck to you all...just remember not to abuse AMZ.

Thanks OP! :D

I have tried a couple times also and been denied. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could pm me their order # so that I can reference it.

[quote name='murph17']TRU doesn't do release date delivery though :(
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643590

What I am trying to do is get Amazon to price match...
$45 Madden
$20 Amazon credit (hellooooo $40 NHL)
and $0.99 release date delivery

not guaranteed, but you can always cancel if they don't price match

Step 1: Pre-order at Amazon
Step 2: Go to bottom of Madden 12 page @ Amazon, in the Feedback section choose "tell us about a lower price". Send them Toys R Us link.
Step 3: Wait for reply

Step 4a: If they price match...WIN!
Step 4b: If they don't price match...cancel pre-order[/QUOTE]

I did the pre-order, then clicked the "tell us about a lower price". after adding the TRU link I submitted it but was never asked for email address. is this normal?

Successful on second email attempt to get it matched to the Toys R Us price.

I kept the second email rather generic:

"Toys R Us is offering this game for $15 less than Amazon has it advertised for. I would greatly appreciate if an exception can be made because I do prefer to use Amazon for all of my online ordering, but a $15 difference is rather significant."

The Toys R Us prices is located at:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643589

-----

They sent me an email back within 5 minutes:

"Hello,

With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page.

Rest assured, to help you with this, as an exception, I've reviewed your order#105-8046603-7722655 and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $44.99 on Toys R Us. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

We hope to see you again soon."

-----

Thank you to the OP that brought this price to my attention.

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Just sent the second email... Chatted twice and Got Blocked From chat.. This is my last shot[/QUOTE]
Damn dude, what did you say to get banned from a customer service chat?

[quote name='Taren Fox']Damn dude, what did you say to get banned from a customer service chat?[/QUOTE]

I didnt say anything explicit. When they told me they couldnt price match I had attached a response of someone who had gotten a price match and just said If they saw proof maybe they could give it to me.

Its no big deal, maybe I was being a little pushy, but I had proof that someone was given a price match. Oh Well

I pre-ordered Madden through Toys 'R' Us as well as Amazon. I wanted to make sure I get the $44.99 deal... Hopfully Amazon will match it and I can cancel my Toys 'R' Us pre-order.

I have always had good luck with that Rahul guy... I bitched about a vendor offering the TV through them for like $55 cheaper, and he price matched it even though they didn't have to. Same with a game I bought back in like January.

I have always had good luck with Amazon, minus a TV deal they fucked me over on last Black Friday. Since then though, it seems like they jump through hoops for me.

Now I just have to decide if this year's Madden won't be a piece of shit like the last 6 or so

bread's done
Back