Madden 12 $45 @ TRU + free shipping

murph17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
TRU doesn't do release date delivery though :(
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643590

What I am trying to do is get Amazon to price match...
$45 Madden
$20 Amazon credit (hellooooo $40 NHL)
and $0.99 release date delivery

not guaranteed, but you can always cancel if they don't price match

Step 1: Pre-order at Amazon
Step 2: Go to bottom of Madden 12 page @ Amazon, in the Feedback section choose "tell us about a lower price". Send them Toys R Us link.
Step 3: Wait for reply

Step 4a: If they price match...WIN!
Step 4b: If they don't price match...cancel pre-order

I tried once, and was denied. I'm not going to push my luck with Amazon and try to screw them too mcuh. They just price matched a stroller for me. I ordered one for $67 (it was some camo color stroller that I really didn't want that color, but it was normally $240), so for that price I ordered it. 5 days later it was cancelled saying they were out of stock. They did PRICE MATCH the same stroller in a different color of my choice, so, I saved about $160. I'm willing to pay my full price on this I suppose.

Well i tried 3 times to chat with them. the 3rd rep gave me the game fort 39.99 but i am not getting a gift card. I tried doing the lower price email and got shot down with that also

Might give it a try. Been since 2005 since I've owned a Madden game, so it might be worth checking out. Not sure if I want to use my Amazon credit on it or not. If not I may just get it from TRU anyway, or just pass. Anyone know what is going to be different or if the create a player and franchise modes are a good deal more refined than they have been in the past?

[quote name='KratosKilla']They ask for a lower price but do nothing to help. Amazon doesn't seem to offer competitive pricing.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Good one.

[quote name='KratosKilla']They ask for a lower price but do nothing to help. Amazon doesn't seem to offer competitive pricing.[/QUOTE]

I tried using this in a chat. They ended it immediately, lol

Over on Operation Sports someone got this response. The gig may be up for those who haven't gotten in on the deal yet. I wonder if Amazon will price match walmart.com's $20 egift card on NHL 12 or if they've had their fill of price matching video games after this. Of course, I really don't need NHL 12 so I probably shouldn't ask because I lack will power. I would like to see a $20 promo credit on Battlefield 3. Any chance of that happeneing?

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.com and bringing this to our attention.

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price in other sites with the game you recently purchased.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...?nodeId=468502

I would like to emphasize that we have known of this offer from other sites and have also made special offers on pre-orders on our own website as well. Please take note of the $20 Amazon Credit & Exclusive Pre-order Bonus for this particular game.

Order Madden NFL 12 for the PS3 or Xbox 360 and receive the Amazon exclusive All Rookies Team and All Sophomores Team as well as $20 in Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads).

The code to access the exclusive content will be emailed to you the day your order ships. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

With the $20 promo we’re providing, we provide the better value in the end compared to offers from other sites such as Toys r Us.
brickwall.gif
brickwall.gif

Due to this special offer in our website, we can no longer be able to offer the same exception as what your friend has received. I do apologize of the disappointment.

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

We thank you for your understanding and I hope you understand our limitations.

We look forward to seeing you again soon."

Just got an email from Amazon matching TRU's price. Just took one email. I copied and pasted the short message regarding the price difference.

[quote name='lostfan']Over on Operation Sports someone got this response. The gig may be up for those who haven't gotten in on the deal yet. I wonder if Amazon will price match walmart.com's $20 egift card on NHL 12 or if they've had their fill of price matching video games after this. Of course, I really don't need NHL 12 so I probably shouldn't ask because I lack will power. I would like to see a $20 promo credit on Battlefield 3. Any chance of that happeneing?

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.com and bringing this to our attention.

I'm sure it's disappointing to see the lower price in other sites with the game you recently purchased.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...?nodeId=468502

I would like to emphasize that we have known of this offer from other sites and have also made special offers on pre-orders on our own website as well. Please take note of the $20 Amazon Credit & Exclusive Pre-order Bonus for this particular game.

Order Madden NFL 12 for the PS3 or Xbox 360 and receive the Amazon exclusive All Rookies Team and All Sophomores Team as well as $20 in Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads).

The code to access the exclusive content will be emailed to you the day your order ships. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

With the $20 promo we’re providing, we provide the better value in the end compared to offers from other sites such as Toys r Us.
brickwall.gif
brickwall.gif

Due to this special offer in our website, we can no longer be able to offer the same exception as what your friend has received. I do apologize of the disappointment.

Although prices fluctuate, our service does not. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

We thank you for your understanding and I hope you understand our limitations.

We look forward to seeing you again soon."
[/QUOTE]

crap, thats the same exact email that I got from Amazon. I was just coming in here to post it. Im going to wait a couple of days and then try again. may go with a chat and when they decline I'll just cancel the order.

I didn't think I'd get them to price match, but I was relentless.
Three live chats, a phone call, and four emails between two accounts finally got me Madden 12 for PS3 at $44.99.

[quote name='rvdrock']Man. How are you all pulling this off. I can't win for anything.[/QUOTE]

There could be a lot of variables involved to answer this, and could possibly be attributed to more than one. They could be looking at many factors, like how long you've been an AMZ customer, the consistency of your purchases, how much you've spent, how many returns you've made, how many times you've asked for PM's in the past (including records of how many times you've been denied and persisted to contact them again and again for the same deal), etc.

In my case, I simply sent a polite email of inquiry, with no demands or mention of others attaining the sale price. I was sent 2 emails, the first politely denied me the sale price. But the odd thing was the second email, sent just minutes after the first and by the same CSR. It informed me to ignore the first email and granted me the sale price, which was adjusted on my order.

Mind you I never even replied to the first email (came home and noticed both emails already in my inbox)...they just changed their mind on their own. For whatever reason, I can't answer.

As for others, some received it as well on their first inquiry...others apparently kept trying and received it after a few attempts. But some are being consistently denied...and I can assure you that is because they have placed a flag in your account to inform future CSR's. And they update your account each and every time you attempt to ask for the same deal. Those that have tried over 10 times should be careful...at some point, what you consider resilience, they could consider harassment, and could result in the banning of your account.

I'm not saying this to fear-monger, just as a heads-up as this has happened in the past to others. But that's a choice for each individual to make on their own. But if you're being constantly denied, better to leave well enough alone...just my two cents.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']There could be a lot of variables involved to answer this, and could possibly be attributed to more than one. They could be looking at many factors, like how long you've been an AMZ customer, the consistency of your purchases, how much you've spent, how many returns you've made, how many times you've asked for PM's in the past (including records of how many times you've been denied and persisted to contact them again and again for the same deal), etc.

In my case, I simply sent a polite email of inquiry, with no demands or mention of others attaining the sale price. I was sent 2 emails, the first politely denied me the sale price. But the odd thing was the second email, sent just minutes after the first and by the same CSR. It informed me to ignore the first email and granted me the sale price, which was adjusted on my order.

Mind you I never even replied to the first email (came home and noticed both emails already in my inbox)...they just changed their mind on their own. For whatever reason, I can't answer.

As for others, some received it as well on their first inquiry...others apparently kept trying and received it after a few attempts. But some are being consistently denied...and I can assure you that is because they have placed a flag in your account to inform future CSR's. And they update your account each and every time you attempt to ask for the same deal. Those that have tried over 10 times should be careful...at some point, what you consider resilience, they could consider harassment, and could result in the banning of your account.

I'm not saying this to fear-monger, just as a heads-up as this has happened in the past to others. But that's a choice for each individual to make on their own. But if you're being constantly denied, better to leave well enough alone...just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

This was my first request ever for a price match and probably my billionth pre-order from them, so your observation is more than likely true.

Just placed an order and tried to get Amazon to price match. Chatted with someone who said that Amazon does not price match, then spoke to someone over the phone who said the same thing. The person I spoke to over the phone did offer me a $15 Amazon credit, which works for me.

FYI, I have never tried to get Amazon to price match anything before and I order things from them pretty frequently

[quote name='sthenic']Just placed an order and tried to get Amazon to price match. Chatted with someone who said that Amazon does not price match, then spoke to someone over the phone who said the same thing. The person I spoke to over the phone did offer me a $15 Amazon credit, which works for me.

FYI, I have never tried to get Amazon to price match anything before and I order things from them pretty frequently[/QUOTE]

Way to go you! You should really thank the person who helped you.

[quote name='Soaper']Way to go you! You should really thank the person who helped you.[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right!

Thanks OP!

I pre-ordered the game back in May. On the 25th, I sent a request via "Tell us a lower price." Then yesterday I sent an e-mail about a price match and received a "no" reply. Responded to that and got another "no," which also helpfully :roll: told me about the $20 pre-order credit that I already knew about. Sent one more e-mail in response yesterday at 3 pm, and I haven't heard back since. I think they're ignoring me now . . .

I probably tried to get on the boat a little too late. Also, a few months ago I had a lengthy exchange with Customer Service about the cancellation of some pre-order credit on my account, so I'm thinking my account may be flagged. Oh well.

I hope Amazon matches automatically to the $45 price match without me trying to get CS to match it for me. If they don't I simply cancel my order on AMZ. I don't want Madden anyway, but $45 with a $20 credit would be the only way to make me bite. If they don't match, it makes my decision to cancel easy.

Well. i am up in the air about this. I got amazon to give me a instant credit on the game to be charged 39.99 plus tax on it. I just emaield them and they told me i was still going to get a 20.00 gif card 2 days after my order ships.

[quote name='Cipher87']This was my first request ever for a price match and probably my billionth pre-order from them, so your observation is more than likely true.[/QUOTE]

I remember the uproar about Best Buy and "devil customers." But every single big retailer does this. When you call Amazon, I'll bet you dollars to donuts that they have a "dashboard widget" of many orders and how much money you've spent in the past 3/6/12 months and it's either on the screen or a click away for the CSR. Your entire history of customer service interaction is of course on your account.

If you've spent thousands with them and it was your first request, that should be a no brainer for them.

The flip side as Smiley said was that if you're a real crappy customer who constantly bitches for credit, returns things, makes lot of customer service inquiries and requests, they are losing money on you and they are more likely to deny you. And if you're shady, they've got a banhammer ready too.

^ How the hell... anyway please do a review about the new tackling system and such. I'm very curious as to how it pans out.

Also tell me about the new sneaky on side kick mechanisms! :D.

[quote name='videogamsta']^ How the hell... anyway please do a review about the new tackling system and such. I'm very curious as to how it pans out.

Also tell me about the new sneaky on side kick mechanisms! :D.[/QUOTE]

^^^This!!!

If you could give your feedback nyj1218, it would be greatly appreciated. I think we'd all like to know if the game is even somewhat better than 11. I'd hate to get rid of Madden 11 while forking over money if the game isn't at least a half-step forward from last year. Then again, based on some of the videos I've seen, how can it not with the new physics engine? Tackling seems like it will be fun again!

No go for me, I've emailed twice and they're having none of it. O put me in perspective I'd say I probably spend 500 to 1,000 bucks a year at amazon and have never once asked for a price match. Bummer. Guess now I need to decide if I want to cancel and order from Toys R Us or not.

I didn't get any response from my email, but I decided I'm gonna get the HOF edition anyway, so unless there's a drop on that too, it's not gonna matter.

nyj, please post a review of the game! I'm very curious to hear your opinion as to whether or not the game is better than Madden 11.

[quote name='VanillaCena']Obviously printed out the cover art and slipped it in a case.
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/5784191/img/Pics/Madden-12-cover.png[/QUOTE]

Yeah funny how he just disappeared after posting that. Had it been two weeks before release I would have believed it, but the retail version simply doesn't exist over a month before street date. (I know that there are plenty of cases where games are manufactured that early, but not on annual sports titles.)

Yep, people that bother to take a picture for proof always show 3 things, sometimes 4.

1) Box
2) Manual cover
3) Disc

and sometimes 4) receipt.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Anyone else having good luck and having Amazon price match? I am debating trying it, but it just sounds like Amazon has caught onto it.[/QUOTE]

No go for me

It looks like at some point a few days ago they just stopped price matching this for people. Some reported having luck before then, but no one seems to be getting a price match since.

I sent an email on Wednesday and got denied, just sent another one. Not sure what I will do if I get denied again. I used a $50 GC to pay for most of this Madden, so I would have to pay $45 out of pocket for the TRU one. BUT, it is cheaper and I would still have that $50 to use on something else. I dunno.

hey i tried emailing, live chat, and phone but amazon refuses to match the price. i think they are not gonna match it anymore.

shun the nonbelievers

IMAG0068.jpg

but in all seriousness, i dont have the disc yet. i attended this and i do have a free copy in my name, im waiting for it to arrive, dont know when exactly that will be though. just for the record i never said i have the game and can play it. i can say that i have seen the game played very briefly
they played madden to decide "challenges"
, the only thing i noticed is that gus johnson is back, im pumped to hear his new zingers lol. and also, i "disappeared" because i was away with my family

[quote name='nyj1218']shun the nonbelievers

IMAG0068.jpg

but in all seriousness, i dont have the disc yet. i attended this and i do have a free copy in my name, im waiting for it to arrive, dont know when exactly that will be though. just for the record i never said i have the game and can play it. i can say that i have seen the game played very briefly
they played madden to decide "challenges"
, the only thing i noticed is that gus johnson is back, im pumped to hear his new zingers lol. and also, i "disappeared" because i was away with my family[/QUOTE]

I'm in your picture. Yeah!

[quote name='Dark Rider']I'm in your picture. Yeah![/QUOTE]

im a man of the people dark.

and just to clarify, they (ea?) gave me the box for the game. no disc, no manual

shot down by email a few weeks ago so I tried chat today. this person, "Melissa", was ruthless. "Melissa" almost seemed to be toying with me by following up my threatened cancellation with not only quickly offering to proceed with canceling the order, but also telling me "I hope you take advantage of that lower price" and "You go a head and enjoy your video game".

You are now connected to Melissa from Amazon.com.
Me: I just ordered Madden 12 for the Playstation 3 and then discovered that it was cheaper at Toys R Us. I know you guys don't really price match but I wanted to make sure before I canceled my order. Here is a link to their price: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643589

Melissa: Hello, my name is Melissa. I'll be happy to help you.

Me: Thanks Melissa

Melissa: Yes you are right. With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee.
Yes I checked the link and yes you are right, they do have a lower price. So in this case Greg, do you want me to help you with the cancellation of the order?

Me: yes please. the order number is 104-1182747-.......
I appreciate your help

Melissa: You are very welcome Greg. I hope you take advantage of that lower price, for you to receive your Madden NFL 12 video game.

Me: I dont like to stray from Amazon but will just this once :)

Melissa: Yes, that's ok. You go a head and enjoy your video game. I've already canceled your order #104-1182747-....... completely--you haven't been charged for it.
You'll receive an email within few minutes.

bread's done
Back