Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a few games and I like the gameplay so far. In what seems to be the theme of this year's batch of EA games, no revolutionary changes. Just a lot of small improvements that make for a better game. Chris Johnson is ridiculous though. Glad his holdout won't affect me.

Also, I have to ask, is it just me or is Ultimate Team not any fun at all? I was a big fan of it in NHL 11, where it was actually reasonable to ask you to build your team from scratch. But in Madden, it just feels like a money grab. It's just too damn hard. Yeah, in NHL I started out with scrub players too, but I didn't have to face professional teams right off the bat. I had international teams, minor league teams, junior teams, etc. to build up points against.

It's pathetic when Madden can't even give you enough decent players to compete with the Cardinals. I've got my 63 rated cornerback covering Fitzgerald. Yeah, that sounds fair. Maybe I'd be better off playing a team with no big standout players (hello Buffalo Bills) rather than just the lowest rated team overall. Also, my top rated QB is Tony Pike... Thanks EA, but you're still not getting my MS points.

EDIT - Yeah, that did it, lol. Played the Bills and kicked the shit out of them. And just for the sake of irony and making me look dumb, Pike went 9-9 in that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to check again -- is there any waiting list for the CAG league? I would love to get in if a spot opens up!

Someone feel free to correct me, but this is what I have as the waiting list right now.

CAG Waiting List:

HydroX
DestroVega
skmikebow
staticz
iguss
lyric706
mnuttster
f421

I will add that to the OP along with the Community Group from the game. I'm also going to begin sending PMs out now to remind everyone to check in and update us on when you expect to have the game if you don't have it yet.

[quote name='Doomtime']I have the game and my offense needs to be completely revamped.[/QUOTE]

My defense needs to be completely revamped apparently. It seems to be completely different when it comes to switching to a DB and making a play for the ball. I don't know if the timing is different or what, but I would be sizing up throws that could be easily batted/picked and my guys would whiff on them consistently.

Well I played one game last night vs teh computer just to try it out. I suck pretty bad. Only put up 31 points on the Rams. 1 FG, 3 Rushing TDs, and 1 short dump to the running back.

On the flip side I only gave up 12 points. 2 FGs and 1 TD (no PAT). The TD was a blown coverage, tried to jump the route and they got a long TD.

Is this the Official Madden thread or just the LEAGUE thread? Anyways, my 2 cents. I played a little last night and I enjoyed it. I downloaded the latest roster and it seems average at best. I will wait for the regular season before sstarting my franchise.

I did start the ULTIMATE team, and the first game I played Pittsburgh. They had TWO MiKe Wallace's on the field. I think each had a TD also.
Nice glitch EA.

[quote name='doubledown']Is this the Official Madden thread or just the LEAGUE thread?[/QUOTE]

It's the league thread, but it usually ends up serving both functions.

Nate, I agree that MUT seems harder than HUT, but based on experience with last year's game, you can field a worthwhile team via earning coins in-game. I

Speaking of Ultimate Team, the "This One Is Easy" achievement is unattainable for people who played MUT in Madden 10 or 11. My team name, etc. carried over so I wasn't able to make a new team and earn the achievement. Xbox360achievements.org shows that I'm not the only one who can't unlock that one:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/madden-nfl-12/achievement/55720-This-One-is-Easy.html

[quote name='doubledown']
I did start the ULTIMATE team, and the first game I played Pittsburgh. They had TWO MiKe Wallace's on the field. I think each had a TD also.
Nice glitch EA.[/QUOTE]

I got Mike Wallace in my elite starter pack and I played Pittsburgh in my first MUT game. Thus, two Mike Wallaces, even though they obviously weren't on the field at the same time in my game.

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate, I agree that MUT seems harder than HUT, but based on experience with last year's game, you can field a worthwhile team via earning coins in-game. I

Speaking of Ultimate Team, the "This One Is Easy" achievement is unattainable for people who played MUT in Madden 10 or 11. My team name, etc. carried over so I wasn't able to make a new team and earn the achievement. Xbox360achievements.org shows that I'm not the only one who can't unlock that one:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/madden-nfl-12/achievement/55720-This-One-is-Easy.html

I got Mike Wallace in my elite starter pack and I played Pittsburgh in my first MUT game. Thus, two Mike Wallaces, even though they obviously weren't on the field at the same time in my game.[/QUOTE]

No no, there was TWO Mike Wallace's on the SAME TEAM. The CPU team Pittsburgh had two. I played Human vs CPU just to get my feet wet.

Yeah, that's why I said the 2 Mike Wallaces in my game were not on the field at the same time. I just worded it poorly. I have no idea why the CPU Steelers had two of the same guy.

Amazon tells me my release date copy will come in late Thursday, but I'm tracking it like a hawk and it's a few towns over from me. Maybe, hopefully, I'll get it today and I get try it out after the Yankees beat the Red Sox will me in attendance!

[quote name='augmog']when is the league kicking off?[/QUOTE]

Uber will need to confirm (since he needs to set it up) but I believe our plan is to get it going sometime next week.

[quote name='BigAT']I just got notification from Amazon that my copy has shipped, the estimated delivery date is Thursday. :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

Did they gracious refund your $0.99? :roll:

Anybody want to scrimmage later , I'm tired of scrimmaging Mog and Ramesu all the time lol , and Uber are we allowed to use custom playbooks I just want to know before I spend hours putting one together.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Uber are we allowed to use custom playbooks I just want to know before I spend hours putting one together.[/QUOTE]

I'll field this one.

I see no reason why custom playbooks shouldn't be allowed. Go for it.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, that's why I said the 2 Mike Wallaces in my game were not on the field at the same time. I just worded it poorly. I have no idea why the CPU Steelers had two of the same guy.[/QUOTE]

I really hope I get two Mike Wallaces!!!!

Thanks, BV. All looks good. I'll get the league up and running tonight, but we won't be playing any games until early next week. My guess is we can go live on Monday night if people really want to.

Just made the league. A number of you should have invites.

League name: CAGFL
Password: abc123

I trust I can post this in the open and only those who have a team will join.

[quote name='ubernes']Just made the league. A number of you should have invites.

League name: CAGFL
Password: abc123

I trust I can post this in the open and only those who have a team will join.[/QUOTE]

Yay, I was the first to join. What do I win?

So after another game today, still no luck with the secondary. Just seems completely unresponsive. I used to play some form of man coverage 75% of the time and now it gets beat on almost every attempt, and zone doesn't seem to be much better. Heap smoking Harris, Doucet smoking Cromartie. Doesn't seem to add up. I assume my timing is just off or something (though that only applies on plays where the CPU actually puts my defender anywhere near the pass catcher, which seems to be rare), but damn, did I prefer Madden 11 as far as passing/receiving/secondary goes. The running and tackling is much improved on this go around, but I'll take an effective secondary over any of that.

My secondary (with the Bengals) seems to be pretty solid so far...the Madden CPU is just so inconsistent in general though, my D played amazing in back-to-back games against the Saints and then against the freaking SEAHAWKS I couldn't stop the offense at all. I really like this Madden though...just keep your chin up Uber, I'm sure it'll get better for you!!!!!! And before anyone asks me why the F@#% I've been playing as the Bengals...I'm using them in another online franchise and I've been playing in our little "Community" thing with them.

I need to start playing some games with the Ravens in OUR Community though...has anyone been playing that? I think I remember BV having set one up...

Hmm...so for Ultimate Team, you can't extend the contracts of the guys from the demo pack (Raji, Wallace, Hawk) I guess? I suppose that's better than seeing them on every team, but Wallace put on a hell of a show in his final game, and I hate to lose him.

Just got it....Online franchise.......looks like the same old crap I've been seeing for the past three years. Could have added something little like preseason but no...

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']Just got it....Online franchise.......looks like the same old crap I've been seeing for the past three years. Could have added something little like preseason but no...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they announced this was going to be the case a few months ago.

I was able to get a $10 credit from Amazon for missing release day delivery, dropping my total cost for Madden to a scant $15. Maybe I should just trade it in now for $35, that would make me the true champion of Madden.

I just signed into the franchise, these rosters seemed kind of messed up, at least for the Giants. They are missing a lot of players that should definitely be on their roster and simply aren't there. These players are on the latest online roster update too. It's not like my roster is full either and there simply wasn't space; I was able to sign 20 (!) free agents before my team was actually full (don't worry, I only did punters and kickers, just to test this and released them all when I was done).

Hmmm, if that's the case then perhaps I made the league a bit too early. I'll take a look through it tonight and we can always restart. CAGFL2 was always the true CAG League anyways, right?

I will join this afternoon - anyone know who the Bengals play week one so I can my game setup? Is there a site online that we can check this info yet?

[quote name='itlnstln']I will join this afternoon - anyone know who the Bengals play week one so I can my game setup? Is there a site online that we can check this info yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah this one has schedules for every team for the entire year.

http://www.nfl.com/

[quote name='itlnstln']My bad - too early in the mornring, thought the schedules were different.....[/QUOTE]

No prob man. Just messing with ya anyway, but it is just the normal schedules that will be in game. ;)

[quote name='BigAT']I just signed into the franchise, these rosters seemed kind of messed up, at least for the Giants. They are missing a lot of players that should definitely be on their roster and simply aren't there. These players are on the latest online roster update too. It's not like my roster is full either and there simply wasn't space; I was able to sign 20 (!) free agents before my team was actually full (don't worry, I only did punters and kickers, just to test this and released them all when I was done).[/QUOTE]

I haven't joined up yet, but there was a lot of funky stuff going on with the roster update in general. As I mentioned earlier, Jerod Mayo took a few preseason snaps at LOLB and is suddenly moved there full-time in the roster update. There was some other weird stuff as well that I can't remember off the top of my head.

[quote name='ubernes']Hmmm, if that's the case then perhaps I made the league a bit too early. I'll take a look through it tonight and we can always restart. CAGFL2 was always the true CAG League anyways, right?[/QUOTE]

I think we should try to find out when the first post-camp roster update will be up, and that's the one we should use. My current roster still has James Sanders and Jonathan Wilhite, two players the Patriots cut in the last week. I'm sure every team has similar situations. Not that I mind the depth, but I think we should try and start with as accurate a roster picture as possible.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I still haven't gotten my copy. I'll never do business with Amazon again.[/QUOTE]

lol, I know right. They should have gotten in their rowboat and fucking rowed it through a hurricane to your doorstep! The scoundrels!!!!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']lol, I know right. They should have gotten in their rowboat and fucking rowed it through a hurricane to your doorstep! The scoundrels!!!![/QUOTE]

I don't think the Hurricane had much to do with it, because they would have trumpeted that for sure.

I think we should delay starting to wait these roster glitches out.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I still haven't gotten my copy. I'll never do business with Amazon again.[/QUOTE]

Was it set up for release day delivery?

[quote name='bvharris']I haven't joined up yet, but there was a lot of funky stuff going on with the roster update in general. As I mentioned earlier, Jerod Mayo took a few preseason snaps at LOLB and is suddenly moved there full-time in the roster update. There was some other weird stuff as well that I can't remember off the top of my head.

.[/QUOTE]

I think it is just weird stuff they put in there. I haven't checked, but a friend said Tebow was set as the Broncos started in the depth chart. We know in real life he is fighting to even be 2nd or 3rd right now.

Yeah I'm all for postponing the league another week or so. We should definitely postpone the league at LEAST until teams release their official 53-man rosters instead of using the 53-man roster that Madden was forced to predict based on (I'm guessing) player ratings. I'm sure some people don't have their 6th or 7th round draft picks on their roster since Madden might have rated them pretty low and they probably (somewhat) just based the roster off the highest 53 rated players (and obviously having enough depth at each position too).

Yup. I'd rather wait and have good rosters than rush to start. We're going to be playing this league for a while, but once we settle on a starting roster update that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back