Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Seriously. Now you need to make a Youtube video for it so you can get your own achievement in Madden 13.

In other news, this shit is really getting old. Hope EA patches this soon.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/92588408[/QUOTE]

How are people doing that\how is it something that needs to be patched?

I am not trying to troll or anything just I haven't played online much yet - and I haven't seen it happen haha.

There's just more blocked kicks this year than any other. The 2 or 3 I've gotten I was actually looking away from the TV and the CPU just did it. So I don't think it's some sort of online glitch abusing, though I'm sure there's ways to make it more possible.

[quote name='ubernes']There's just more blocked kicks this year than any other. The 2 or 3 I've gotten I was actually looking away from the TV and the CPU just did it. So I don't think it's some sort of online glitch abusing, though I'm sure there's ways to make it more possible.[/QUOTE]

Should we ban attempting to block field goals in this league?

I've probably played like 15 games of this Madden and have never blocked a FG/XP nor have I ever had one of mine blocked...but a LOT of times I have someone run full speed and get to within 2 inches of the kicker and then just fail to dive or else it would be an easy block.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Should we ban attempting to block field goals in this league?[/QUOTE]

also ban hitting the qb too then.......

Yeah banning FG blocks is a little excessive I think...my reasoning is just based off pure laziness though, I can't imagine cancelling out of the suggested FG block on every FG/XP attempt and just picking a random play every time....it would take a lot of getting used to too since I usually just spam the A button on those plays.

I suggest we hold off on implementing any extreme rule like that, but if it becomes a noticeable issue during the season then we can address it at a later point.

It's just annoying because there is nothing at all you can do to counter it. And in reality only maybe a few if any PATs get blocked a season. I don't think we necessarily have to ban doing it, but if someone is trying to block every single FG or PAT then they should be reprimanded. I don't see how it is any different from nano blitzing.

There is a field goal blocking glitch. You take your fastest man on the outside, make some line movements and get the speed boost. I've played a few games where everyone of my extra points and field goals were blocked. Got to the point where I had to go for two every time.

[quote name='Superstar']How are people doing that\how is it something that needs to be patched?

I am not trying to troll or anything just I haven't played online much yet - and I haven't seen it happen haha.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ubernes']There's just more blocked kicks this year than any other. The 2 or 3 I've gotten I was actually looking away from the TV and the CPU just did it. So I don't think it's some sort of online glitch abusing, though I'm sure there's ways to make it more possible.[/QUOTE]

It is without question a glitch. I wish the replay saving system was better in Madden and I could show it slower from a better angle. But it happened to me in 3 straight games yesterday...and I started to learn how to do it myself. Basically, what you do is take your outside defender, and bring him shoulder to shoulder with the last defender on the line of scrimmage.

Then, when you rush in (there seems to be a way to get a ridiculous jump too...I had a guy who could have tackled my holder before the kicker even got to the ball. He just screwed it up and ran past him), the guy who should block you, inexplicably turns to the inside, allows you to rush by, then turns back toward you, but you're long gone. I like that there's a chance to block kicks this year, but it shouldn't be caused by a blocker turning the wrong way, and letting his man run past him. And the frequency that it's happening makes it a glitch to me. My other opinion on glitches, which I apply to all games, is that if an unskilled player can pull off a difficult play with any regularity, it's a problem with the game's programming. I am not a good Madden player by any means. If I can do it even 1 out of 10 times, the good players will abuse the shit out of it.

EDIT - Here's video of the play where the guy could've tackled the holder. Again, I wish the angle was better, but the "pressbox wide" view is the only one that shows him breaking off the line. He actually didn't dive until he was past the holder though. It probably caught him a little by surprise how quick he got there, but it's pretty obvious he could have just ran into the holder and stopped the kick. Also notice my blocker turning left, then making a complete circle all the way around to the right and chasing the guy toward my holder. Play more online. You'll discover this is common.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/92657200

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well yeah I agree that any sneaky maneuvering along the line should be banned from FG blocking. I thought you meant banning the actual PLAY of FG block. I always try to block XP and FG with my MLB...but I just try to rush the middle of the line (which never works BTW lol). I don't maneuver any of my defenders other than the MLB I always control. I guess that's why I've never seen a blocked kick...cause the only games I ever play are community games with people I know from another league. Speaking of that...I think I only saw ONE community game ever played in our CAG community, that's pretty sad....

It never fails..

When I am practicing against people online I ALWAYS start McNabb and do horribly then late in the third quarter I put Ponder in and drive it right down the field to score.

It makes no sense! I am pretty sure McNabbs stats kill Ponders in every way, though I've never checked.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Oh well yeah I agree that any sneaky maneuvering along the line should be banned from FG blocking. I thought you meant banning the actual PLAY of FG block. I always try to block XP and FG with my MLB...but I just try to rush the middle of the line (which never works BTW lol). I don't maneuver any of my defenders other than the MLB I always control. I guess that's why I've never seen a blocked kick...cause the only games I ever play are community games with people I know from another league. Speaking of that...I think I only saw ONE community game ever played in our CAG community, that's pretty sad....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only reason I'm playing randoms online is because I've developed a sick addiction to Ultimate Team, and playing randoms is really the only way to earn a decent amount of coins. Me and a buddy discovered last night that if you "play with friends" in Ultimate Team, you actually get penalized like 250+ coins.

I understand they don't want people trading wins (which hilariously, the warning that players "will be banned" for such activity always scrolls at the bottom of the screen), but subtracting 250 coins from your total kinda makes it a non feature. If it didn't waste games on my contracts, I wouldn't care. But it's just not a very efficient way to run a football team, haha.

So, I get 300 coins for enjoying a good, fair game with one of my friends and winning...or I get 800 coins for losing by 28 to some jerk running a hurry up the entire game, going for every 4th down, whether he's at my 20 or his own, and FG block glitching. Oh, and don't let me forget, the asshat who had both Jerry Rice and Eric Dickerson on his team because he bought them.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Oh well yeah I agree that any sneaky maneuvering along the line should be banned from FG blocking. I thought you meant banning the actual PLAY of FG block. I always try to block XP and FG with my MLB...but I just try to rush the middle of the line (which never works BTW lol). I don't maneuver any of my defenders other than the MLB I always control. I guess that's why I've never seen a blocked kick...cause the only games I ever play are community games with people I know from another league. Speaking of that...I think I only saw ONE community game ever played in our CAG community, that's pretty sad....[/QUOTE]
Last I checked the difficulty was on pro. Has it been changed?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, the only reason I'm playing randoms online is because I've developed a sick addiction to Ultimate Team, and playing randoms is really the only way to earn a decent amount of coins. Me and a buddy discovered last night that if you "play with friends" in Ultimate Team, you actually get penalized like 250+ coins.

I understand they don't want people trading wins (which hilariously, the warning that players "will be banned" for such activity always scrolls at the bottom of the screen), but subtracting 250 coins from your total kinda makes it a non feature. If it didn't waste games on my contracts, I wouldn't care. But it's just not a very efficient way to run a football team, haha.

So, I get 300 coins for enjoying a good, fair game with one of my friends and winning...or I get 800 coins for losing by 28 to some jerk running a hurry up the entire game, going for every 4th down, whether he's at my 20 or his own, and FG block glitching. Oh, and don't let me forget, the asshat who had both Jerry Rice and Eric Dickerson on his team because he bought them.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, the only reason I'm playing randoms online is because I've developed a sick addiction to Ultimate Team, and playing randoms is really the only way to earn a decent amount of coins. Me and a buddy discovered last night that if you "play with friends" in Ultimate Team, you actually get penalized like 250+ coins.

So.... Jon Beason may be out for the season after Cam's awesome debut.

Romo is still a choker.

Kansas City is going to take a serious ratings hit next week :(

And worst of all, RIP Andy Whitfield AKA Spartacus. Can't believe it.

[quote name='theredworm']even though the D looked a little soft tonight, the green bay offense is just insane deep[/QUOTE]

Yeah my friends and I played and our friend who's about medium skill just stomped everyone with greenbay.

[quote name='EvilLizard']Yeah my friends and I played and our friend who's about medium skill just stomped everyone with greenbay.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about that happening here. It took me months of league games to get good enough to earn a playoff spot in Madden 11, and based on my games vs. the CPU, I suck more at this year's game.

Chiefs safety Eric Berry will miss the rest of the 2011 season after tearing his ACL in Kansas City's Week 1 loss to the Buffalo Bills on Sunday, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The NFL Network first reported news of Berry's season-ending injury.

[quote name='Doomtime']So.... Jon Beason may be out for the season after Cam's awesome debut. [/QUOTE]

words cannot express the mixed bag of emotions i'm feeling right now... Cam's play took me to the highest of highs as a Panther fan... and Beason going down took me to the lowest of lows... :(

[quote name='ubernes']Chiefs will be lucky to win 3 games honestly.[/QUOTE]

They suck, last year was the result of people not taking them seriously, and a weak schedule.

[quote name='ubernes']Chiefs will be lucky to win 3 games honestly.[/QUOTE]
But they're in a pretty mediocre division. Not awful like NFC West but mediocre. I'm still not sold by the Chargers and who knows what kind of Broncos team we're getting.

[quote name='siradam134']Chiefs safety Eric Berry will miss the rest of the 2011 season after tearing his ACL in Kansas City's Week 1 loss to the Buffalo Bills on Sunday, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The NFL Network first reported news of Berry's season-ending injury.[/QUOTE]
It's going to be a nightmare defending the pass without Berry. I'm all for starting the season before he gets removed.

[quote name='Doomtime']It's going to be a nightmare defending the pass without Berry. I'm all for starting the season before he gets removed.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe we're obliged to remove players for pre-existing injuries. As far as I know, Beason and Berry will still be available in our Franchise, even if we use a later roster.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't believe we're obliged to remove players for pre-existing injuries. As far as I know, Beason and Berry will still be available in our Franchise, even if we use a later roster.[/QUOTE]

If they ever release one :(

[quote name='sprice8688']So if it does go through Is Tomm the starting date?[/QUOTE]

That's the notion. I don't know what uber's schedule is or more importantly when the update will actually be up, but I'd say you should feel free to start setting up Week 1 matchups for later tomorrow evening into Thursday. The Week 1 deadline will likely be sometime this weekend.

Crap! I've only played one game total with the Ravens lol. I've been playing a ton with the Bengals for my other league...I'll probably be okay if I just go with the Bengals playbook though. I just hope Ray Lewis doesn't retire after this season :(

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Crap! I've only played one game total with the Ravens lol. I've been playing a ton with the Bengals for my other league...I'll probably be okay if I just go with the Bengals playbook though. I just hope Ray Lewis doesn't retire after this season :([/QUOTE]

I've barely played at all, period. I think I have like 5 total games under my belt, and only 2 of those against human opponents.

I'm going to be very rusty to start the season.

If there are any top rated corners on the block, please throw your name on the table. I need an upgrade over Carr, he blows.

Can't wait to play though!

[quote name='augmog']deuce i got a trade for jeremy shockey[/QUOTE]

i'm a lil reluctant to send u a TE since the Bears did send us Greg Olsen but i cant see Shockey doing anything for us so.... talk to me...

I've been playing a lot as Ponder. McNabb may be up for grabs, though I am not sure who is in need of a QB. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

Things I'm looking for in trades potentially:

-FB (80+ preferably)
-LBs
-OL (LT, LG, C. Mostly a good center)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back