Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tanabeo']Does anyone get the problem when trying to play ranked you join a room then it kicks you off EA servers?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had that problem. It's because EA checks your whole hard drive for the roster file and if it takes too long, it just boots you for no reason. The way to fix it is to move the newest roster to the internal memory or a usb drive. It will load quicker and won't boot you anymore.

Make sure the usb drive or internal memory doesn't have a lot on it, otherwise the search will be slow again.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Apparently n8rocker has a couple videos uploaded on there :( Those are the only ones left I think...

And tanabeo, you don't need speed to beat a press...you need a receiver with a high "Release" rating, which you have (Mike Williams - Seahawks version...although Mike Williams Bucs version woulda also been a good option). With 96 release, he should be able to beat a press pretty easily unless that corner has a really high press rating.[/QUOTE]

Guess I just suck:cry: I really need to work at this game if anyone wants to scrim me and give me some tips I really need help(you dont have to worry about me in the playoffs)

[quote name='Doomtime']Yeah I had that problem. It's because EA checks your whole hard drive for the roster file and if it takes too long, it just boots you for no reason. The way to fix it is to move the newest roster to the internal memory or a usb drive. It will load quicker and won't boot you anymore.

Make sure the usb drive or internal memory doesn't have a lot on it, otherwise the search will be slow again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will try this now.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Apparently n8rocker has a couple videos uploaded on there :( Those are the only ones left I think...[/QUOTE]

Wow, uploading any videos AT ALL borks the site? I thought it involved something with linking them (which I didn't do). Guess we really CAN'T show when people are playing like douchebags then. Well, that works just perfectly... *slow clap for EA*

These next few weeks are going to kill me ... @ KC, vs NYJ, @ SD, @ MIN, vs CHI, vs NE, @ BUF, vs KC. I forsee myself going 3-5 at best at the end. Bah. If anyone wants to try and pull a last minute trade for Orton or any other players PM me.

ON THE BLOCK - Troy Smith, my "scrambling" QB and Pacman Jones, my XP/FG blocker(He has 0)!!! Apparently using your players for what they are supposed to be used for and to there full potential is frowned upon in this establishment...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, uploading any videos AT ALL borks the site? I thought it involved something with linking them (which I didn't do). Guess we really CAN'T show when people are playing like douchebags then. Well, that works just perfectly... *slow clap for EA*[/QUOTE]

I would like to see these videos I heard about, not sure what the issue with my gameplay is here...

[quote name='itlnstln']I would like to see these videos I heard about, not sure what the issue with my gameplay is here...[/QUOTE]

Looks like they're still up on the franchise website. It seems like he took exception to you constantly running bootlegs with Smith. I don't know how much you were doing it since the context is really just two plays. But moving laterally with a mobile QB is fine (running ten yards backwards on every play wouldn't be) since you see that in the NFL. That said, if you're doing it every passing play, and I have no idea if you are or not, then that would be too much.

The other complaint I believe was on the kick blocking. I see you didn't block any, but I think the issue here is that he apparently feels you're trying to trigger the kicking block exploit. You said the other day that you weren't, and I have no reason not to believe you. The kick blocking in the game is pretty broken though, it's still something we're discussing what to do about. I won't ask you to stop trying to block kicks with Jones for the moment (doesn't look like you've been too successful anyways, which lends itself to the theory that you're not trying to do the exploit).. But if you could stop trying to manually block extra points, I think that would be something we could all probably agree is a bit much.

Scrambling QB's aren't that hard to stop if they are doing it often. If they do it once randomly it may be a bit of a 'surprise'.

Oh - hi everyone! I will be home Saturday night so since this is my bye week, I may need just one more sub until I can start playing again. I appreciate everyone's patience, and thanks for those who have subbed for me!

Superstar is right, I don't even run that often with Tebow and it seems on the rare occasion I try and roll him out someone is always right there.

[quote name='venom']Superstar is right, I don't even run that often with Tebow and it seems on the rare occasion I try and roll him out someone is always right there.[/QUOTE]

You could always get burned by a scrambling QB who is good at throwing as well, but to be honest, that is part of the game and I don't think that should be cut out (not that anyone is saying it should be). It does seem a lot harder to throw on the run this year though,

[quote name='Superstar']You could always get burned by a scrambling QB who is good at throwing as well, but to be honest, that is part of the game and I don't think that should be cut out (not that anyone is saying it should be). It does seem a lot harder to throw on the run this year though,[/QUOTE]

It is definitely harder to throw on the run. As we mentioned a while ago, what's not okay is running ten yards backwards every play to draw the defense down. But running bootlegs and just general scrambling is fine, and is to be expected when you're facing a mobile QB. If it's on every play that would be a bit much, but that's not really the sense I'm getting here.

I agree that it's easy to stop. I like it when guys leave the pocket, since it makes it much easier to manually cover their receivers since they essentially limit themselves to one side of the field at that point.

[quote name='bvharris']It is definitely harder to throw on the run. As we mentioned a while ago, what's not okay is running ten yards backwards every play to draw the defense down. But running bootlegs and just general scrambling is fine, and is to be expected when you're facing a mobile QB. If it's on every play that would be a bit much, but that's not really the sense I'm getting here.

I agree that it's easy to stop. I like it when guys leave the pocket, since it makes it much easier to manually cover their receivers since they essentially limit themselves to one side of the field at that point.[/QUOTE]

Last years game was insane. You could scramble to the right and still throw a 80 yard bomb to a receiver who is all the way over to the left. I haven't played with a great scrambling QB this year but it when I have tried throwing 10-15 yards to the opposite side of the field when I scramble I end up throwing 2 yards into the dirt, haha.

[quote name='Superstar']Last years game was insane. You could scramble to the right and still throw a 80 yard bomb to a receiver who is all the way over to the left. I haven't played with a great scrambling QB this year but it when I have tried throwing 10-15 yards to the opposite side of the field when I scramble I end up throwing 2 yards into the dirt, haha.[/QUOTE]

Same. Having a pretty decent O-Line, I've been getting better at just leaving Brady in the pocket, which allows me to pay more attention to the routes people are running.

[quote name='bvharris']Same. Having a pretty decent O-Line, I've been getting better at just leaving Brady in the pocket, which allows me to pay more attention to the routes people are running.[/QUOTE]

I have a problem with not trusting the pocket, which is part of my down fall.

Last year I put up at least 100 yards rushing per game with Vick or Vince Young, heck even Freeman or Tebow, can't do that this year. Gotta love this year on the run with the qb, wid open reviever right in front of you and the QB lobs it 5 feet in the dirt in front of him.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Last year I put up at least 100 yards rushing per game with Vick or Vince Young, heck even Freeman or Tebow, can't do that this year. Gotta love this year on the run with the qb, wid open reviever right in front of you and the QB lobs it 5 feet in the dirt in front of him.[/QUOTE]

Not with Freeman. 93 throw on the run FTW!

RamesuThe1,

Let me know you're schedule and we can get our game in. I should be around most of the time though tomorrow night I may be at the movies for a bit, but can still play late afternoon or around 11:30.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, uploading any videos AT ALL borks the site? I thought it involved something with linking them (which I didn't do). Guess we really CAN'T show when people are playing like douchebags then. Well, that works just perfectly... *slow clap for EA*[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's lame, but please delete those when you get the chance.

[quote name='itlnstln']ON THE BLOCK - Troy Smith, my "scrambling" QB and Pacman Jones, my XP/FG blocker(He has 0)!!! Apparently using your players for what they are supposed to be used for and to there full potential is frowned upon in this establishment...[/QUOTE]

If it's "what he's supposed to do", why not try to block the kick from where the game lines him up? Why do you need to move him in shoulder to shoulder with the next closest defender? That's what triggers the speed boost. I've seen guys who have actually gotten to the holder and tackled him because of that shit. Are we supposed to wait until you get "good at it" before it's deemed unacceptable?

As for the constant bootleg, my problem with it is how the AI players react to it. Yeah, I stopped it some of the time by sending guys, but there were plenty of times where my AI players just broke off of coverage randomly as well. It's garbage because you couldn't figure out what plays to call to outsmart me, so you just use shitty Madden programming to gain your advantage.

My opinion is that you play like a bitch. The fact that you felt the need to showboat into the endzone on the pick six just speaks volumes about your character. On my pick six (that got called back because the game decided to screw me again with a clipping call), I didn't flip into the endzone like some piece of shit dirtbag you find in a random game. If these are the tactics you need to win a virtual football game, then I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright - i have never blocked a FG or XP - it is just something to do "just in case". Nothing was blocked, so why the crying???

I bootleg because my QB is set t play that way. Your "AI" caught up to him many times and I have no idea why you are crying about this either. Also, in this game, you can change players to control the "loose AI" that are wandering aimlessly. As far as the bootleg to get guys open... I think not - madden called all my plays last night and you got beat from a come behind win in OT - face the facts not make excuses!

As far as the pick six - you had three defenders running in on me, so I made sure that I made it into the endzone by "diving" - I cannot help that Madden wanted to shove it in your face.

Till we meet again...
(P.S.: 1-5 with the Titans??? Come on bro, you have one of the best RB in the game)

[quote name='itlnstln']Till we meet again...
(P.S.: 1-5 with the Titans??? Come on bro, you have one of the best RB in the game)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for proving my point...douchebag.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Thank you for proving my point...douchebag.[/QUOTE]

No problem - I have been there before, but actually thought about ways to get better, not blame my losses on the winner.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']It's been a while since we had some good old fashioned trash talk , lmao[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Doomtime']:spam:[/QUOTE]
[youtube]onfb8ZMgebc[/youtube]

2z9dsmu.jpg

[quote name='itlnstln']No problem - I have been there before, but actually thought about ways to get better, not blame my losses on the winner.[/QUOTE]

kind of uncalled for...

[quote name='itlnstln']No problem - I have been there before, but actually thought about ways to get better, not blame my losses on the winner.[/QUOTE]

Just pointing out, you never answered the question of why you can't just try to block kicks from where the game lines you up? Why is it necessary to move players to try to game the system? Simply you not having figured out how the exploit works yet isn't an excuse. The attempt is still being made.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Just pointing out, you never answered the question of why you can't just try to block kicks from where the game lines you up? Why is it necessary to move players to try to game the system? Simply you not having figured out how the exploit works yet isn't an excuse. The attempt is still being made.[/QUOTE]

Why do people move the DL, why do people call audibles, etc - to hopefully get an advantage.

you're going to KEEP it up, aren't you? It's an exploit. an obvious one. It's unsportsmanlike. Case closed. Uber has the final word on it...but this is supposed to be a fun league. there can only be 1 winner. obviously you're going to stab, rape, kill, and steal your way to the top. Some of us are asking you to do it not so obviously, and with a little more respect for the game.

this is all.

[quote name='siradam134']you're going to KEEP it up, aren't you? It's an exploit. an obvious one. It's unsportsmanlike. Case closed. Uber has the final word on it...but this is supposed to be a fun league. there can only be 1 winner. obviously you're going to stab, rape, kill, and steal your way to the top. Some of us are asking you to do it not so obviously, and with a little more respect for the game.

this is all.[/QUOTE]

Great, now I have the whole "one win fraternity" on my ass....

To anyone trying to trade with me, I am attempting to look at your rosters, but those videos on the Madden website are making it impossible.

[quote name='LVPatriots']To anyone trying to trade with me, I am attempting to look at your rosters, but those videos on the Madden website are making it impossible.[/QUOTE]

xtreme-football.net is working pretty good.

[quote name='itlnstln']Why do people move the DL, why do people call audibles, etc - to hopefully get an advantage.[/QUOTE]

My only problem with it is that if you successfully blocked a kick by moving guys around and win by less than 3 you are going to get raped for cheesing and you will have no grounds to stand on.

If you want to do it go for it, you obviously don't care. The commisoners will have to make the decision if it ever comes down to it.

[quote name='LVPatriots']To anyone trying to trade with me, I am attempting to look at your rosters, but those videos on the Madden website are making it impossible.[/QUOTE]

Im assuming you got about 10 offers for Patrick Peterson after the Bears trade fell through , who is winning the Peterson Drawing right now ? lol

[quote name='itlnstln']Great, now I have the whole "one win fraternity" on my ass....[/QUOTE]

Weren't you in that fraternity pretty much every season last year? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're working on your game, but it feels a bit early for bravado considering you haven't played either of the elite teams in your division yet.

That's besides the point though. You say you're trying to gain an advantage by shifting the defenders and going for the block. What you don't seem to refute is that the advantage you're going for is an unfair one, given how broken kick blocking is in this game. The fact that you haven't been successful is immaterial.

Until we figure out a permanent solution for the kick blocking problem (or EA patches it), can you please stop manually shifting defenders before FGs and XPs? Even avoiding the appearance that you're going for an exploit should be in your best interest.

[quote name='itlnstln']Great, now I have the whole "one win fraternity" on my ass....[/QUOTE]

Yes. i'm 1-6. Cool Story Bro. The Real Life Dolphins are 0-5.

Ever bother to stop and think that i may be trying to replicate the real life team?

Get off your highorse and play the damn game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back