Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Packers vs. Vikings

i asked about a sub a couple days ago and Doomtime said Superstar would be back on Thursday. I assumed I'd be playing him tomorrow.

[quote name='Doomtime']Our franchise site was still broken last I checked[/QUOTE]

If you click repeatedly on one of the other pages, you can eventually get past the videos. Annoying, but effective.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Damn lol I never pay attention to those real-world nonsense trades!!! I guess the trade is off until we can tweak it a little.[/QUOTE]

How about you send him your 3rd and he sends you either his 4th or 5th? Anyway, let us know what you come up with. The underlying deal is sound.

For everyone's reference, here are the deals we honor:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NFL_Draft

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_Draft

We obviously DO NOT include any picks traded after our rosters locked (like Oakland's trade for Palmer).

[quote name='Matt Young']RE: Packers vs. Vikings

i asked about a sub a couple days ago and Doomtime said Superstar would be back on Thursday. I assumed I'd be playing him tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Here's his post.

[quote name='Superstar']Update: Due to my Job I am actually leaving tomorrow - so I will be able to play a game Thursday after 7pm or so

I am actually excited to try out woodhead & haynesworth as I haven't had the chance to yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bvharris']How about you send him your 3rd and he sends you either his 4th or 5th? Anyway, let us know what you come up with. The underlying deal is sound.

We obviously DO NOT include any picks traded after our rosters locked (like Oakland's trade for Palmer).[/QUOTE]

What pick do I get from the Bengals for Taylor Mays ?

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']What pick do I get from the Bengals for Taylor Mays ?[/QUOTE]

We discussed this a couple weeks ago, didn't we? If the trade is disclosed by the time we draft, we'll honor whatever it ends up being. If not, probably a 4th or something, we'll figure it out then.

[quote name='bvharris']We discussed this a couple weeks ago, didn't we? If the trade is disclosed by the time we draft, we'll honor whatever it ends up being. If not, probably a 4th or something, we'll figure it out then.[/QUOTE]

Ok just wondering I didn't see it I probably missed it a while back

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Ok just wondering I didn't see it I probably missed it a while back[/QUOTE]

Just remind me when the time comes.

[quote name='bvharris']How about you send him your 3rd and he sends you either his 4th or 5th? Anyway, let us know what you come up with. The underlying deal is sound.

We obviously DO NOT include any picks traded after our rosters locked (like Oakland's trade for Palmer).[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of that...but I dunno if I'd want to do it. Draft picks lose value fairly exponentially in each round. Giving up a 4th round pick wouldn't have been a big deal for me cause a 4th rounder in all likeliness would have been a depth player. A 3rd rounder could definitely have starting potential if you do your research beforehand.

I'll take some time to think about it...but I might just have to scrap this trade altogether. I'm not that adamant about upgrading my TE position...I've obviously been able to run pretty decently with my crappy blocking TE so far.

Lets work out a 3 way.

Bengals take pettigrew, and give the 4th rounder
you pick something satisfactory for your time from my squad???

[quote name='ballhawk20']Bv u dnt get my first rd pick for the 2012 draft bro!![/QUOTE]

I'm afraid I do.

[quote name='damailman2272']I am interested in joining this league
I am friends with Mog, Sprice, and Mr Grand Cru[/QUOTE]

Sure, we'll put you on the waiting list.

[quote name='damailman2272']I am interested in joining this league
I am friends with Mog, Sprice, and Mr Grand Cru[/QUOTE]

you was supposed to join the other league Nate , smh

Glad to hear our trade got approved, Drew Brees will be wearing red and throwing bombs to Fitzgerald in no time.

Cardinals are still looking for 80+ O-lineman C, RT or RG, a 78+ DT, 78+ wide recievers and a strong running back.

I have some defensive positions I'd be willing to trade FS, SS, CB, RE, any LB, plus Stephens-Howling is still available.

Let me know

My trade with the Bears on the front page is missing his 3rd round pick which was traded along with Peppers to me. So it was Peppers + 3rd round pick for Boldin, Gurode, and McPhee.

[quote name='Matt Young']RE: Packers vs. Vikings

i asked about a sub a couple days ago and Doomtime said Superstar would be back on Thursday. I assumed I'd be playing him tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Do we know when Thurs? It could be late if he's just getting in. If it's the last game and you're available tonight, I think 'we should get a sub and I don't think Superstar would be opposed.

Since the front page is a Wiki-post, I went ahead and fixed the Ravens/Bears trade and Chiefs/Cowboys trade myself if that's okay....I hope I don't get banned :/

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Since the front page is a Wiki-post, I went ahead and fixed the Ravens/Bears trade and Chiefs/Cowboys trade myself if that's okay....I hope I don't get banned :/[/QUOTE]

Nice work MA, except........I traded the 1st and 3rd round picks. You flip flopped it. But if we want to leave it that way, that's fine too. :lol:

TRADE ALERT

Falcons Get:
TE- Lance Kendricks 72 overall, 23 years old, A potential
RE- Robert Quinn 78 overall, 21 years old, A potential

Rams Get:
CB- Kelvin Hayden 85 overall, 28 years old, B potential
5th round draft pick
6th round draft pick

Reasoning: Looking at stats, Quinn never plays, and Lance Kendricks is his back up TE. He could really use some CB help and Hayden would be his highest rated CB by 5 points. I understand that his players are younger and their potentials are higher, but CB is arguably the most important defensive position in the game, and he would be trading two backups for an every down starter for at least the next 2 seasons (probably more). I don't really care about draft picks so I am throwing in the 5th and 6th rounders just to sweeten the deal and make up for the potentials.

[quote name='gbpackers94']TRADE ALERT

Falcons Get:

Rams Get:
5th round draft pick
6th round draft pick

Reasoning: Looking at stats, Quinn never plays, and Lance Kendricks is his back up TE. He could really use some CB help and Hayden would be his highest rated CB by 5 points. I understand that his players are younger and their potentials are higher, but CB is arguably the most important defensive position in the game, and he would be trading two backups for an every down starter for at least the next 2 seasons (probably more). I don't really care about draft picks so I am throwing in the 5th and 6th rounders just to sweeten the deal and make up for the potentials.[/QUOTE]

That 5th and 6th pick really isnt anything at all , how about just a 3rd. especially for two young guys with A potential.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Lol crap....it looked fair to me!! I should just leave that to the professional editors :( Fixed.....[/QUOTE]

Indeed you should haha. Thanks for fixing that.

I'd like to see what more people think, but I wouldn't be opposed to making it a third if I must. I offered a 5th and he wanted a 4th (which I don't have,) so I counter offered the 5 and 6.

I'm not sure about that trade. Like Doom I'll have to think on it. Quinn and Hendricks were the Rams first two picks this year were they not?

[quote name='bvharris']I'm not sure about that trade. Like Doom I'll have to think on it. Quinn and Hendricks were the Rams first two picks this year were they not?[/QUOTE]

I believe they were that's why I was saying those two picks should be just a third , The more I look at the deal and think on it I think it may need to be a second , but a third makes it fair player for player I guess.

The way I see the deal the Rams are moving two players who are the furture for someone who is more effective right now persay , this would make since if you were looking to make a playoff run now. The real steal of this trade is the RE Quinn.

All in all with the 3rd round pick instead I wouldn't do it , but it's fair I guess.

As it stands now I vote against this trade. My reasoning: Kelvin Hayden isn't that great and he's almost 30 as it is and only a B Potential. Where as Quinn AND Kendricks are both A Potential and under 24 Years Old. With Progression Quinn could be an 83 or 84 by the end of this season. So I think AT THE LEAST the draft picks should be bumped up.

Alright, I don't think he would mind getting a third instead of the 5th and 6th. Here is the revised trade:

Falcons Get:

Rams Get:
3rd round draft pick

I'd say a 2nd rounder. These guys will be good, we just don't know when. Hayden won't get much better, but he's still solid right now.

A potential players should have a higher price attached to them, me thinks

I agree Doom, Don't A potential players automatically go up 3-6 Points? That would mean assuming the both progress to the max ... Kendricks (78 OVR) and Quinn (84 OVR) for a Single 85 Rated Player and a 5th & 6th Rounder. That's a pretty big steal for the Falcons in the long run. I'll approve if the pick is bumped to a 2 as well.

I don't see why he would need another 80 Rated Corner anyways. He's got Al Harris and Ronald Bartell, Even if his corners drop off the face of the earth after that. He's going to need Quinn when that fossil James Hall retires next season. Besides Quinn will already be better than Hall after the end of the season. Trade doesn't make sense at all from a Rams Perspective, the way I see it anyway. You give up your best Tight End who in the future will be in the 90's along with a Defensive End you're going to need next season, that's already better than what you have for a 30 something corner you already have two of.

Really, a second? I think that is a bit too much.

Look at this way:
CB- Kelvin Hayden for RE- Robert Quinn.
85 ovr for 78 overall= 7 point difference in favor of the Rams
CB>DE (in Madden at least)
With progression Hayden will probably be 86 or 87, and he is only 28 so he shouldn't start degressing until maybe the 4th (possibly the 3rd) season. Even if Quinn progresses 5 points (which is on the higher end of progession) he will only be 88 by year 3. I think it is fair that he is getting the much better player now in turn for me having to wait 2 and a half seasons for only 1 point higher. And again, cornerbacks are almost the only weakness on his team, and is generally one of the most important Madden positions.

3rd round pick for TE- Lance Kendricks
N/A for 72 overall
The extra pick (along with his picks) allows him to choose important positions that he will use, rather than be stuck with a TE, which he doesn't seem to throw to much (neither TE). My pick probably wont be too high either, so he could still get a quality player, possibly even one who is rated in the 70s (like Kendricks).

Maybe I can give him a 5th along with the 3rd, but in my opinion I think a second is too much.

I agree with a 2nd rounder at the very least...Robert Quinn is a straight beast and Kendricks is a solid prospect. Hayden is good no doubt, but like people said...he's getting old. It's even a stretch to say Quinn and Hayden cancel out (I'd take Quinn over Hayden any day), so even if you can make a case for that...that'd leave just a 3rd round pick for Kendricks (A potential rookie TE) which doesn't seem right. To address what venom said...there is no guarantee that A potential players will progress at all (given BV's example last year of Brandon Spikes), but the tag of being A potential is still extremely appealing on its own.

Again to address venom...saying that Kendricks will eventually progress to the 90's is a HUGE stretch lol, but yeah I think the Rams are better off holding on to Quinn.

[quote name='venom']I don't see why he would need another 80 Rated Corner anyways. He's got Al Harris and Ronald Bartell, Even if his corners drop off the face of the earth after that. He's going to need Quinn when that fossil James Hall retires next season. Besides Quinn will already be better than Hall after the end of the season. Trade doesn't make sense at all from a Rams Perspective, the way I see it anyway. You give up your best Tight End who in the future will be in the 90's along with a Defensive End you're going to need next season, that's already better than what you have for a 30 something corner you already have two of.[/QUOTE]

Al Harris is 36.... and Hayden is younger than Bartell. He is also rated higher than both of them by 5 points. He is trading a young DE for a good CB. Let's look at his team if he doesn't do the trade:
Al Harris is definitely going to retire or regress below 80 so than he will only have 1 CB on his team above 80 (Bartell, who could regress below 80). So now he will have to draft a CB in the draft who will probably only be ~75. So he would have used his 1st round pick and he has 0 CBs over 80 overall. Quinn will probably be somewhere around 82.

If he does the trade then he will have a #1 CB for at least 1.5 seasons, (even more if he doesn't draft anyone), and he has a choice of spending his 1st on either a CB (so he has 1 good CB and a young one who would develop), or a DE to replace Quinn.

Either way he is 100% better off next year if he does the trade.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Really, a second? I think that is a bit too much.

Look at this way:
CB- Kelvin Hayden for RE- Robert Quinn.
85 ovr for 78 overall= 7 point difference in favor of the Rams
CB>DE (in Madden at least)
With progression Hayden will probably be 86 or 87, and he is only 28 so he shouldn't start degressing until maybe the 4th (possibly the 3rd) season. Even if Quinn progresses 5 points (which is on the higher end of progession) he will only be 88 by year 3. I think it is fair that he is getting the much better player now in turn for me having to wait 2 and a half seasons for only 1 point higher. And again, cornerbacks are almost the only weakness on his team, and is generally one of the most important Madden positions.

3rd round pick for TE- Lance Kendricks
N/A for 72 overall
The extra pick (along with his picks) allows him to choose important positions that he will use, rather than be stuck with a TE, which he doesn't seem to throw to much (neither TE). My pick probably wont be too high either, so he could still get a quality player, possibly even one who is rated in the 70s (like Kendricks).

Maybe I can give him a 5th along with the 3rd, but in my opinion I think a second is too much.[/QUOTE]

I would agree in the previous Madden that CB > DE, but I'm not so sure anymore. CBs have improved a lot in Madden this year to the point where even my mid-70's CBs have been doing a great job in coverage (I think I'm in the top 5 in pass defense). It was really tough to get sacks in last year's Madden too in comparison with this year, but I feel like you can get a lot of sacks if you have a solid DE now.

Just judging from Quinn's attributes, he reminds me of a younger slightly less refined Julius Peppers. His awareness is the only thing keeping him from being in the high 80's/low 90's it seems. I can't comment on how much awareness plays into the effectiveness of a DE, but the rest of his attributes seem pretty insane for a rookie.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I agree with a 2nd rounder at the very least...Robert Quinn is a straight beast and Kendricks is a solid prospect. Hayden is good no doubt, but like people said...he's getting old. It's even a stretch to say Quinn and Hayden cancel out (I'd take Quinn over Hayden any day), so even if you can make a case for that...that'd leave just a 3rd round pick for Kendricks (A potential rookie TE) which doesn't seem right. To address what venom said...there is no guarantee that A potential players will progress at all (given BV's example last year of Brandon Spikes), but the tag of being A potential is still extremely appealing on its own.

Again to address venom...saying that Kendricks will eventually progress to the 90's is a HUGE stretch lol, but yeah I think the Rams are better off holding on to Quinn.[/QUOTE]

Even if Kendricks improves 4 points a year, he will be 80 overall for season 3. Is that really worth a second rounder? And noone knows if he will even improve at all, let alone 4 points each year. It's a gamble for both teams.

And is the Rams' pass defense doing that bad this season? He might be blindly trading for a CB just because he notices his are low-rated, but it doesn't seem like he has had a lot of trouble stopping the pass. The XFN site is down so I can't see how he officially ranks against the pass, but I actually went on the EA site and checked the pass yardage for his opponents every week (sad...I know), and it seems like his opponents average just above 200 yards passing a game which isn't too bad at all is it?

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I would agree in the previous Madden that CB > DE, but I'm not so sure anymore. CBs have improved a lot in Madden this year to the point where even my mid-70's CBs have been doing a great job in coverage (I think I'm in the top 5 in pass defense). It was really tough to get sacks in last year's Madden too in comparison with this year, but I feel like you can get a lot of sacks if you have a solid DE now.

Just judging from Quinn's attributes, he reminds me of a younger slightly less refined Julius Peppers. His awareness is the only thing keeping him from being in the high 80's/low 90's it seems. I can't comment on how much awareness plays into the effectiveness of a DE, but the rest of his attributes seem pretty insane for a rookie.[/QUOTE]

I agree , I could say more but I have weighed in more than enough on this deal.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Even if Kendricks improves 4 points a year, he will be 80 overall for season 3. Is that really worth a second rounder? And noone knows if he will even improve at all, let alone 4 points each year. It's a gamble for both teams.[/QUOTE]

Well I actually just had my first draft last Sunday in another franchise and by the time we were in the 3rd round, most players left were in the high 60s or low 70s (like Kendricks) but you'd be lucky to find someone that was even B potential. So I'd say if he was lucky he'd get someone with the same OVR as Kendricks but either B or C potential. By that time, Kendricks will already have had a season's worth of progression and it seems like he will be a good bit better than whatever he can expect to get in the 3rd round. I do agree though that on the positive side of him doing this trade, he'd at least get to draft whatever position he wanted...but I'm not so sure it'd be worth it.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Well I actually just had my first draft last Sunday in another franchise and by the time we were in the 3rd round, most players left were in the high 60s or low 70s (like Kendricks) but you'd be lucky to find someone that was even B potential. So I'd say if he was lucky he'd get someone with the same OVR as Kendricks but either B or C potential. By that time, Kendricks will already have had a season's worth of progression and it seems like he will be a good bit better than whatever he can expect to get in the 3rd round. I do agree though that on the positive side of him doing this trade, he'd at least get to draft whatever position he wanted...but I'm not so sure it'd be worth it.[/QUOTE]

As the trade stands now it is:

Falcons Get:

Rams Get:
3rd round draft pick

Is there anything I can do without giving up my second rounder that would make this trade fair in your eyes? My remaining picks are 2, 6, 7.

EDIT: What if I gave him my 2nd and he gave me his 3rd?

Maybe give up a 2nd, but get back a 4th? I do agree with most of what people are saying, that is a pretty amazing duo of young players for just a pick and an aging CB. I still think Hayden will be fine for years to come, but even if we're calling Quinn-Hayden a wash there's no way Kendricks isn't worth more than a 3rd here. As MA said, you don't get an A potential guy in the 3rd round, even 72 OVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back