Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='damailman2272']hey who had that dt tackle lets talk
fast[/QUOTE]

as of right now hes pending in a trade once they advance there is no more trades

[quote name='staticz']Well looks like my wk 11 got pushed back since the last game started late. Anyone want to scrim?[/QUOTE]

still lookin for a scrim?

Wow. I absolutely DOMINATED Doom and I still can't win the game. Chiefs come out on top 16-12.

Man, I don't usually say this, but the way we were both playing, if we play that game 10 times I probably win 9 of them. Charles had one 61 yard carry for the only Chiefs TD, and other than that managed 6 yards on 12 carries. I absolutely stuffed him up and down the line all game. Brady throws a pick in the endzone at the end, or the Patriots are celebrating a huge upset. Both of his picks were just poor decisions by me trying to force the ball before the play developed.

Sigh. This close. That's two in a row you've escaped my friend. ;)

Oh, and this goes without saying, but the game was in monsoon conditions. Three in a row for me, and I think I've only had one clear game all season outside.

That was an incredible game, though to be fair, the first quarter and half was a bit of a lagfest on my end. Don't know if you experienced any of that but I was 2 seconds late on Peterson every time. Luckily it started to clear up in the late 2nd quarter by the time that field goal came around for me.

Though it cleared up, nothing really changed in the 2nd half and I still couldn't get anything going. The line would just fall over on both sides of the ball. Don't know if it's the linemen affected by the rain, but that was pretty ridiculous.

You played great keepaway which contributed to my poor output on offense. You had the ball for 14:20 compared to my 5:40, so I give you props there.

To escape with that kind of performance is some kind of miracle. I never would have thought my defense would have come up in the clutch.

PS Thanks for the kneel at the end there, I freaked out when I gave myself a safety.

GG bv, Looking forward to a rematch in a game that is hopefully all clear skies.

[quote name='Doomtime']
PS Thanks for the kneel at the end there, I freaked out when I gave myself a safety.
[/QUOTE]

No way I was going to try and run a play there. It was an honest mistake, could have happened to anyone and I'd hope everyone in the league would do the same thing I did.

Man, looking at these stats is depressing. 16 first downs for the Pats, 3 for the Chiefs.

The lag definitely affected me, including on that FG I missed at the end of the half, which gave you a shot to drive down for one. That's a 6-point swing, so that's the game right there since I just would've needed a FG to win at the end.

You don't go undefeated without sneaking out a couple of games you had no business winning. :D

[quote name='bvharris']

You don't go undefeated without sneaking out a couple of games you had no business winning. :D[/QUOTE]

Very true. That's two in a row for me now. I need to snap out of it. Really hope to see you again in the postseason with no rain.

So I came out of my nightmare stretch 1-3, which was about what I expected. Dominated one game (Steelers), got dominated once (Jets) and played two low-scoring defensive games (Giants, Chiefs) which I lost but could have won if a few things had bounced differently. Despite the loss, I think I ended the stretch feeling pretty good about my team, especially my defense obviously. My weak spot all year has been run D, so keeping the beast that is Charles in check is a huge confidence boost. Part of it was definitely the rain, but I do think I found a defensive call which worked pretty well against him (most of my stops were out of it).*

I'm now sitting at 6-4, and am guaranteed at least a share of the WC headed into next week (the Bengals and Ravens play each other). My schedule gets significantly easier now, so I'm still thinking 11-5 is a realistic possibility, with an outside shot to run the table.

*Play call for sale. ;)

My favorite stat of the year for my D: Through 10 games, the Pats D has allowed exactly one passing touchdown (Sanchez to Holmes in the Jets win).

[quote name='Doomtime']I have no time to pass with that line. That plus Matt Cassel is a slow dinosaur[/QUOTE]

I do have time, which is what made those two picks so silly. I got happy feet on both of them and tried to throw the ball before the receivers could run their routes. I did have a lot of success with the quick ball to Hernandez, but those two picks were basically two-step drops and then right into the hands of waiting defenders. Those are not the kind I usually make, I throw most of my picks trying to force the ball downfield. That play call on the last play was probably not a good idea, I should have tried to get it to Hernandez or Welker who'd been getting it done all day rather than trying to sneak Branch on a quick slant into traffic.

Yeah I was wondering if you had just pressed A too many times. It sucks when I do that. Well despite my Miami Dolphin showing, I'll take the win. Though my eye is still on the grand prize.

And thanks for knocking out Kendrick Lewis for 10 weeks. That blows.

[quote name='Doomtime']Yeah I was wondering if you had just pressed A too many times. It sucks when I do that. [/QUOTE]

Nope, I meant to throw both. I just threw it too soon. That pick by Newman was on a play which is usually pretty reliable for me. But with that bunch formation there were a ton of defenders in the area, so by not giving my guys time to run their routes there was just too much traffic. I was trying to lob it over that to Ocho, but it's next to impossible to put that kind of touch on the ball in this game. No such excuse on the final pick, it was just a dumb throw. Should have gone back to that Hernandez quick slant out, which you hadn't stopped all game. Tried to get too cute and it cost me.

I really missed Gronk too. Hernandez had a nice game, but not having both guys rips about half of the pages out of my playbook, since they're usually both on the field on pretty much every down.

* Indicates present Wild Card teams

AFC

1. Kansas City Chiefs (10-0)
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-2)
3. New York Jets (7-2)
4. Houston Texans (5-5)
5. *Baltimore Ravens (6-3)
6. *Cincinnati Bengals (6-3)

In the Hunt

7. New England Patriots (6-4)
8. Oakland Raiders (5-4)
9. San Diego Chargers (4-5)

NFC

1. New York Giants (8-1)
2. San Francisco 49ers (7-2)
3. Green Bay Packers (7-2)
4. New Orleans Saints (7-3)
5. *Detroit Lions (6-3)
6. *Chicago Bears (6-3)

In the Hunt

7. Carolina Panthers (6-3)
8. Seattle Seahawks (5-4)
9. Washington Redskins (5-4)
10. Atlanta Falcons (4-4)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']My favorite stat of the year for my D: Through 10 games, the Pats D has allowed exactly one passing touchdown (Sanchez to Holmes in the Jets win).[/QUOTE]

hi :D

thanks for handling the commish duties tonight, Doom. and for the updated standings. oh and for beating BV. I need some space in the standings with some tough games down the line.

[quote name='ubernes']thanks for handling the commish duties tonight, Doom. and for the updated standings. oh and for beating BV. I need some space in the standings with some tough games down the line.[/QUOTE]

Almost didn't happen, but you're welcome. I'm sure you're looking forward to payback as well. :cool:

[quote name='Doomtime']Almost didn't happen, but you're welcome. I'm sure you're looking forward to payback as well. :cool:[/QUOTE]

hah, if only I was able to watch the game tape. run these kind of plays and pray for rain... need some spygate action ;)

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']It depends how long is really long. 5 mins quarter atm takes maybe 35 mins max to finish which is short imo.[/QUOTE]

I look at the schedule each week and I see some pretty realistic NFL scores. If I saw a bunch of games which were 10-7 every single week, I'd agree we have a problem, but those are the exception rather than the rule.

[quote name='venom']What is the rules on custom playbooks are we allowed or no?[/QUOTE]

Do custom playbooks work in online franchises now? If so I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

I'm not really sure, I haven't checked. I just figured I'd ask if we could use them since I was trying to work on one. I just know they were having problems not being able to audible with them and plays missing.

was the washington williams trade approved id like to see if i got a decent 2nd mlb vs duece or if i gotta keep carpenter in there

[quote name='sprice8688']was the washington williams trade approved id like to see if i got a decent 2nd mlb vs duece or if i gotta keep carpenter in there[/QUOTE]

i'm online whenever u ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back