Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bvharris']He's able to play right after, the question is whether we want to wait or not.

Edit: He says he'll be home around 10:30, so I think we should be good. ubernes, if you don't want to wait around feel free to hand off the commish duties to me and I'll advance us once that game wraps.[/QUOTE]

I should be around at 1130, but if not I'll let you know

[quote name='bvharris']He's able to play right after, the question is whether we want to wait or not.

Edit: He says he'll be home around 10:30, so I think we should be good. ubernes, if you don't want to wait around feel free to hand off the commish duties to me and I'll advance us once that game wraps.[/QUOTE]

OK i will be on at 10:45 EST

Just like in real life, the St. Louis Rams somehow managed a miracle and spoiled Drew Brees' day against the Arizona Cardinals.

Despite a completely inept offense (10 yards passing; 1-9 on third-down conversions), St. Louis was able to pull out a 20-10 win thanks in large part to its defense. The Rams secondary recorded six INTs against Brees to stay in the game.

Still, the Cardinals led in nearly every other category — total offense, passing yards, first downs and third-down conversions.

GG LVPatriots! I was scared this whole game! Couldn't believe how you were stuffing everything I was trying to do on offense (not that I come with much, but still ...).

[quote name='lyric706'] The Rams secondary recorded six INTs against Brees to stay in the game. [/QUOTE]

Sounds like he needs a running game. :D

Everyone start PMing your week 13 opponents!

Heads up -

PHI vs SEA is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday evening. KC plays on MNF (Go Chiefs!) and the Eagles owner is without power at this time.

AFC

1. Kansas City Chiefs (11-0)
2. New York Jets (8-3)
3. Baltimore Ravens (8-3)
4. Houston Texans (6-5)
5. *Pittsburgh Steelers (8-3)
6. *New England Patriots (7-4)

In the Hunt

7. Cincinnati Bengals (6-5)
8. Oakland Raiders (6-5)
9. Buffalo Bills (6-5)

NFC

1. New York Giants (10-1)
2. San Francisco 49ers (8-3)
3. Green Bay Packers (8-3)
4. Carolina Panthers (8-3)
5. *Chicago Bears (8-3)
6. *Seattle Seahawks (7-4)

In the Hunt

7. New Orleans Saints (7-4)
8. Detroit Lions (6-5)
9. Washington Redskins (6-5)
10. Atlanta Falcons (6-5)

Perhaps I can pull a stunner with the help of several teams and make the Playoffs if I were to win out. I'll definitely need to try and knock BV out of that 6th Wild Card Spot next week. It seems improbable, but who knows.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']Is Titans owner still in the league? He's my next opponent and it doesn't look like he has any interest coming back here.[/QUOTE]

I left after that game, but looking at the remaining schedule, I know 3 of the 5 remaining opponents are legit. If you and ballhawk aren't douches, I might as well finish it out, haha ;)

[quote name='venom']Perhaps I can pull a stunner with the help of several teams and make the Playoffs if I were to win out. I'll definitely need to try and knock BV out of that 6th Wild Card Spot next week. It seems improbable, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

The last part of your schedule isn't easy so good luck.

If I make it to 13-0, I may start resting starters so I'm healthy for the playoffs. The injury bug has been killing me lately.

Big games of the week

Bengals (6-5) @ Steelers (8-3)

Panthers (8-3) @ Bucs (5-6)

Chiefs (11-0) @ Bears (8-3)

Jets (8-3) @ Redskins (6-5)

Falcons (6-5) @ Texans (6-5)

Lions (6-5) @ Saints (7-4)

Packers (8-3) @ Giants (10-1)

Whoever my opponent I'd this week; i'm currently without power and wiki be until further notice. Will post here when it comes back on.

[quote name='Doomtime']AFC

1. Kansas City Chiefs (11-0)
2. New York Jets (8-3)
3. Baltimore Ravens (8-3)
4. Houston Texans (6-5)
5. *Pittsburgh Steelers (8-3)
6. *New England Patriots (7-4)

In the Hunt

7. Cincinnati Bengals (6-5)
8. Oakland Raiders (6-5)
9. Buffalo Bills (6-5)
[/QUOTE]

Having head-to-head wins over the Steelers, Raiders, and Bills could end up being a huge help to me.

ballhawk and i are playing tonight.... the packers accepted my friend request so ill let him know big at power is out and find out his availability

Glad to finally have a playoff spot, at least for now. Big games against the 49ers and Bears are still in my schedule. Not to mention still having 2 other divisional games left to play.

The last 5 games are going to be tough and crucial for me if I hope to keep this teams playoff dreams alive!

Looking at the AFC Wild Card contenders, the Bills have the easiest schedule down the stretch, not playing a single game against a team currently over .500 until their Week 17 game against the Pats.

The Pats have a similar schedule to the Bills, but also add a tough game against the Redskins.

The Broncos' schedule is brutal. After the Vikings this week they get the Bears, Pats, Bills, and Chiefs.

The Raiders' is pretty tough as well, still needing to play the Lions, Packers, and Chiefs.

Finally, the Bengals still have to play the Ravens and Steelers once each, in addition to the Texans.

Should be a great race. The East and North are also still very much up for grabs obviously (especially since the Jets still need to play the Chiefs AND Giants).

If I take 1 out of the Giants, Chiefs I'll be pretty happy with that. Definitely leaving no room for error down the stretch with my 3 divisional losses.

[quote name='ubernes']Definitely leaving no room for error down the stretch with my 3 divisional losses.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Unless I lose to the Dolphins, I'm guaranteed a better division record than you so you'd need to win the division outright.

[quote name='Deuce20602']with the 49ers at 7-4, I need to win out and I need the Packers to drop one game so I can get a bye[/QUOTE]

49ers are 8-3. You still have some big divisional games to play as well.

[quote name='Doomtime']And at this point, the Jets need to win out to earn a bye because the Ravens remaining schedule sees 1 opponent over .500[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really screwed that one up. I never pull off the byes anyways but it would have been nice for once.

Despite the discrepancy in records, tonight's Colts-Pats game should be pretty interesting:

The Colts lead the league in total offense, while the Pats are 2nd in total defense. More specifically, the Colts throw for 298.6 ypg (1st) while the Pats only allow 97.8 ypg passing (1st). Something's gotta give. By the way, as a Pats fan, the irony of me having the #1 pass defense in the league is not lost on me. ;)

[quote name='Doomtime']49ers are 8-3. You still have some big divisional games to play as well.[/QUOTE]

my bad... 8-3. I have a win over the Falcons and Saints already but the rematches will be much different without DeAngelo Williams running the ball...

[quote name='Deuce20602']my bad... 8-3. I have a win over the Falcons and Saints already but the rematches will be much different without DeAngelo Williams running the ball...[/QUOTE]

thats right duece next time u play me im goin after newtons knees for messing up my playoff hopes lol

[quote name='sprice8688']thats right duece next time u play me im goin after newtons knees for messing up my playoff hopes lol[/QUOTE]

come on man lol... i was tryna climb back into contention for a bye week... in all the seasons i've played in this league, i've always gone into the playoffs as a wild card team. tryna make some changes this year lol

The NFC is looking interesting with so many 8-3 teams vying for that last bye spot...I might even have a shot at it if I can sneak out a division title :D and people drop a few games.

[quote name='jza1218']Who is the new chargers owner?[/QUOTE]

damailman hes on alnost everyday u shouldnt have a problam gettin ur game in

Sprice, you still have a chance to get in. You just need a lot of help from other teams haha.

And if staticz beats Cru in their matchup, the division goes to the Seahawks. That's if they both win the rest of their other games.

[quote name='Doomtime']Sprice, you still have a chance to get in. You just need a lot of help from other teams haha.

And if staticz beats Cru in their matchup, the division goes to the Seahawks. That's if they both win the rest of their other games.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'm ready to say that yet. Sounds like the Eagles are improving, there is a new cards owner, and I've got CHI on the schedule.

Can't check at the moment, but I believe the 49ers still have to play the Steelers as well. It will definitely be interesting. One slip up means another team takes over a spot.

5 of the 8 divisions look like they will come down to the wire.

I'm hoping if anything I can be a pain in the ass for the rest of the AFC North teams. I've never played the Ravens, but I know I can keep it close with the Steelers. If I can help make it so only one team from my division goes to the playoffs I'll call it a good season, heh.

[quote name='BigAT']Whoever my opponent I'd this week; i'm currently without power and wiki be until further notice. Will post here when it comes back on.[/QUOTE]

That sucks that your power is out. I'm your opponent this week.

Patriots 31 - Colts 28

Phew. The Patriots narrowly escape the upset bid in this one. This game probably ended up much closer than it would have if I hadn't played like an idiot. Peterson had wide open running lanes all day, but for some reason I felt the need to mix things up and throw the ball. Brady was atrocious, throwing two awful picks without really any need to.

Brady continued his horrible season, going 5-10 for 69 yards and 2 picks. This was one of those days I'm glad I only care about the W (Brady's had a ton of those this season).
Manning was 14 of 31 for 183 yards, 2 TDs and 2 picks (though about 10 other balls clanked off defenders hands, no exaggeration)

AP had Jamaal Charlesian numbers, carrying 18 times for 307 yards and 4 TDs. He probably would have had more if he hadn't ceded 10 carries to Green-Ellis late in the game.
Addai was also great, rushing 16 times for 137 yards and 2 TDs.

Patriots WRs didn't catch a single pass. Gronk and Hernandez did most of the damage (and it wasn't much) through the air.
Manning on the other hand spread it around very well, with Garcon and McNeill catching TDs (doubling the number the Pats have given up through the air).

--
gg pitfallharry! This one definitely had me sweating, even though I never trailed after that first score. You shredded my defense about twice as badly as anybody has this season, though as I said before Manning could have easily thrown way more picks than he did. You're a lot better than your record though, if you could play a lick of defense you'd be very competitive in this league. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably going to seriously listen to offers on Tom Brady in the offseason, so start getting your godfather offers ready. ;) I feel like he actually causes me to play worse, because he's capable of making throws that I'm not capable of timing correctly in this year's game, but still try and force anyway. I'd probably be better served with a game manager type QB, and trading Brady to someone who can make better use of his talents. We shall see.

GG, bv.

That game had the most up and down connection I've ever seen in Madden. One play would be smooth and then the next would be full of hiccups. I honestly felt like it was over when it was 28-7 in the first half.

That TD pass I had off the play-action on 4th down at the 2 was amazing. I had originally called a FB dive play, but you were all up on the line. I switched it to a PA pass. McNeill (who?) was supposed to run a delayed route into the flats. I saw your defender bite on the fake for a second and then start coming after Manning. I threw the ball a little early and I figured it would bounce off the receiver's back, but he turned around to catch it for the score.

Yeah, my defense is horrible. By the time I started containing the run a little, it was too late.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm probably going to seriously listen to offers on Tom Brady in the offseason, so start getting your godfather offers ready. ;) I feel like he actually causes me to play worse, because he's capable of making throws that I'm not capable of timing correctly in this year's game, but still try and force anyway. I'd probably be better served with a game manager type QB, and trading Brady to someone who can make better use of his talents. We shall see.[/QUOTE]

He's 35 right? So maybe one more year? I'm interested in the offers youll get. As with the real NFL, someone will overpay (Carson Palmer anyone?)

[quote name='bvharris']Wow.. That final score from the Chiefs-Bears game is certainly an eye opener.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm glad the Bears lost, but I've been worried about my games with BigAT and Doomtime. That result makes me more worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back