Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bears get a win against the Green Bay Packers to the score of 17-7 and cashing in on 7 takeaways which all were pics

It is a virtual football game. And saying you're going to try and injure other people's virtual players is being a non-virtual douchebag.

As for whether I want you in this league or not, I don't know. I want players who are committed to the spirit of this community and the rules of fair play that we've all set up and bought into. You don't seem to be, at least from what you've shown me in the past and most of all today. I'm trying to give you every opportunity to show us that that's not the case, and so far you haven't.

You just don't get it, that's clear. If you had shown even the slightest bit of contrition or understanding that would be one thing, but you've just made it worse and worse. Maybe I handed you the shovel, but you dug the hole.

We'll be letting you know what our decision is shortly, probably tonight.

Didn't you just acknowledged yesterday you took that comment as just a friendly trash talk? Now you wanna be "you're not into the spirit of the game" thing?

hey bv just kinda my opinion but last yr when i played u and ur game disconnected i was winning i accepted the win.... my first year i honestly thought u tried to quit and did not know i had to ask if i should accept the win.... u guys made me not play my last game which cost me a playoff spot and u swore up and down i was a cheater.... not that i dont think he was wrong for playin the cpu but just kinda think over the situation cus i didnt intend to as u call.it cheat i really thought u tried to quit and accepted but i learned the hard way.... i think not be able to play my last game was bs.... if he is in the running i dont think he should get a automatic loss like i got... mayb a sub at worst just my opinion

Titans - 17
Jaguars - 3

Hide your kids. Hide your wife. The Titans have won back to back games. Chris Johnson followed up his balanced air/ground attack from last week with a dominant running game this week, gaining 125 yards on 15 carries, scoring 2 TDs. Jake Locker finished 5 of 8 for 88 yards after a "surprise" start by Matt Hasselbeck (forgot that your depth chart gets reset when you leave your team). But that was quickly remedied. GG to jza though.

[quote name='Doomtime']Yo fools come watch the stream![/QUOTE]

Saw what looked like a crazy QB option TD 5 mins ago, it could have been the RB. I can't read the score or quarter. Otherwise, I would probably watch.

Plus those annoying fake people in the chat trying to get me to join, don't like there style.

[quote name='sprice8688']hey bv just kinda my opinion but last yr when i played u and ur game disconnected i was winning i accepted the win.... my first year i honestly thought u tried to quit and did not know i had to ask if i should accept the win.... u guys made me not play my last game which cost me a playoff spot and u swore up and down i was a cheater.... not that i dont think he was wrong for playin the cpu but just kinda think over the situation cus i didnt intend to as u call.it cheat i really thought u tried to quit and accepted but i learned the hard way.... i think not be able to play my last game was bs.... if he is in the running i dont think he should get a automatic loss like i got... mayb a sub at worst just my opinion[/QUOTE]

As you said, you did learn though, and you've been a model citizen in the league since. So there's obviously some merit to how it was handled.

I would be more inclined to be lenient towards VCG if he'd shown an ounce of remorse. Instead, he's just been trying and trying to defend what he did, which says to me he doesn't really acknowledge or understand why it was wrong.

At this point uber and I are deciding what to do, we're weighing several options. The way he's been conducting himself in the thread and with us certainly enters into it, I don't see how it can't.

[quote name='Doomtime']Yo fools come watch the stream![/QUOTE]

I joined for a minute but nobody was in there and I couldn't really see anything.

So after talking to BV for probably way too long on this, watching the thread develop, and also bouncing ideas off some senior members of the league... I've come to the decision that we have no choice but to give VeryCheap/Bills the boot from this league.

VeryCheap: I'd first like to say I'm sorry we have to do this, but I felt you left us with no other options. When I first got the PM from BV that you played the CPU this wasn't even close to a thought in my mind (edit: for reference, my first idea was for you to lose a 3rd round pick). The biggest issue isn't what you did in-game, but how you handled it in the thread when you were called out on it. We aren't looking for an apology, but you kept making matters worse and worse with every post you made. Your conduct in the thread is way too aggressive and it feels like we're fighting with a stranger, versus having constructive conversations with a member.

The rest of the league: I hope those who haven't been following the thread closely understand why we did this. At first glance it looks harsh, but stupidly playing the CPU instead of waiting for a sub was only a very small reason for this decision. We all understand people make mistakes. Case in point: sprice counting a game when BV got disconnected last year. We worked that out and it's water under the bridge.

I've dealt with plenty of personalities in the last few years of the Madden league that clashed with my own, but the thread was never dragged down like this on a consistent basis. Disagreements with me, with other members in the league, or even with the rules we have in place are more than welcome. But there's no place in the league for being a jerk to everyone else. It's a community league and everyone else acts like it.

If anyone has any questions, VeryCheap or other members, please feel free to ask them in thread or PM me if you prefer. Myself or BV will be happy to answer them.

lol literally booting me not because I was exploiting a In game glitch but because I played the CPU. A meaningless CPU game I might add.

Doesn't help Bv was hostile in almost every single one of his post. If BV wasn't hostile I would have been more understandable *and stopped earlier*, but he wasn't and I felt the need to defend myself, but whatev...

The fact that you felt the need to defend yourself even though everybody agreed you were in the wrong is what exacerbated the problem. I may have been harsh on you, but I also told you repeatedly that you were only making things worse for yourself. You chose to ignore that, and in the end you left us no choice.

In the end, we decided this was best for both you and for us. Your attitude today is a symptom of what's been a growing problem, and it was clear to both of us that you didn't gel in this league. Neither of us expected you to be happy with the decision, but in the end it was the only one we could make. Everyone I talked to (and no, I'm not naming names) agreed with the direction we went.

Like ubernes, I'm sorry it had to play out like this. I'd like to say I hope there will be no lingering hard feelings since you're still in the other league, but I won't blame you if you resent the decision.

As for the status of the Bills. We'll be looking for a new owner from the 2nd league for the offseason, but I'm hoping gbpackers can slide in to sub vs BV in the final game of the season. He was on my list of fair subs and BV agreed, so since it plays a role in both our playoff positioning I think that's fair.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']lol literally booting me not because I was exploiting a In game glitch but because I played the CPU. A meaningless CPU game I might add.

Doesn't help Bv was hostile in almost every single one of his post. If BV wasn't hostile I would have been more understandable *and stopped earlier*, but he wasn't and I felt the need to defend myself, but whatev...[/QUOTE]

I actually was thinking about posting this even before this all erupted. But I do believe BV may be the most patient and reasonable human being on the internet. He handled the situation with you like a gentleman and with way more diplomacy than you deserved. Personally, I was hoping you would make it to the playoffs so someone could kick the virtual snot out of you. I hope someday you can understand that it was not your playing the CPU but rather your abrasive personality that led to your pink slip.

To BV: You have the patience of Job.

[quote name='ubernes']As for the status of the Bills. We'll be looking for a new owner from the 2nd league for the offseason, but I'm hoping gbpackers can slide in to sub vs BV in the final game of the season. He was on my list of fair subs and BV agreed, so since it plays a role in both our playoff positioning I think that's fair.[/QUOTE]

I'm free all tomorrow evening, and all Saturday, so that shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='lyric706']But I do believe BV may be the most patient and reasonable human being on the internet..[/QUOTE]

Haha, I wish that were true, though I appreciate the sentiment. I've been far from perfect in this league, I've done and said some things in the past that I regret, and at times have been glad that people called me out on them. I do care about this league a lot though, and I do hope people believe that both uber and I primarily have the best interests of this community at heart.

[quote name='staticz']Seahawks dropped a big game in the last few minutes. I do believe I'm out of the playoffs but I will not be tanking my last game :p[/QUOTE]

You had a hell of a season considering the talent on your roster and that you took over an 0-2 team. That NFC West is gonna be a gauntlet next year.

[quote name='bvharris']
You had a hell of a season considering the talent on your roster and that you took over an 0-2 team. That NFC West is gonna be a gauntlet next year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah losing S. Rice killed me. My next best WR is a 71OVR...

Definitely did better than expected.

[quote name='staticz']Seahawks dropped a big game in the last few minutes. I do believe I'm out of the playoffs but I will not be tanking my last game :p[/QUOTE]

ur not out just an fyi.... as of right now if u win out it will be a tie break between either me or matt whoever wins the packers lions match up... if anyone could figure that out it b appreciated

[quote name='sprice8688']if anyone could figure that out it b appreciated[/QUOTE]

Paging Doom. Doom, please report to the thread and bring your abacus. :D

[quote name='gbpackers94']I'm free all tomorrow evening, and all Saturday, so that shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Cool, we'll set something up. I'm sure if you knock me out ubernes will look upon you very favorably going forward. Just let me know in advance if you've put virtual bounties out on any of my virtual guys. ;)

If I win next week and so does GB then they have me based on division record. If DET wins they beat me because of their head to head with SF.

EDIT: well shit. I think I read the rules wrong...give me a minute!

[quote name='bvharris']Cool, we'll set something up. I'm sure if you knock me out ubernes will look upon you very favorably going forward. Just let me know in advance if you've put virtual bounties out on any of my virtual guys. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm going to break Tom Brady's
heart :)

[quote name='staticz']If I win next week and so does GB then they have me based on division record. If DET wins they beat me because of their head to head with SF.[/QUOTE]

Assuming Madden has it correctly (never the best thing to assume), the second WC tie-breaker is conference record, not division record.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I'm going to break Tom Brady's
heart :)
[/QUOTE]

Just let your defenders stand across the line of scrimmage from him and gaze into those eyes. We'll see whose breaks. ;)

Ok I think, and this is my last attempt, if the Packers win next week it comes down to strength of victory...if the Lions win I will squeak in.

However, I'll let Doom do the math. The three way tie breaker has me confused.

[quote name='staticz']Ok I think, and this is my last attempt, if the Packers win next week it comes down to strength of victory...if the Lions win I will squeak in.

However, I'll let Doom do the math. The three way tie breaker has me confused.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you don't overlook your own game against the Cardinals. My brother's been on a roll since he got used to the team, he's won 3 in a row including beating Cru. :D

[quote name='Doomtime']Yeah I'll look at it when I break this CoD spell...though when I do, it's straight to Skyim![/QUOTE]

Mine is somewhere between here and some place called Horsham, PA. If they can't get it down I-95 and to my door by noon, I'm going to be very disappointed.

[quote name='bvharris']Cool, we'll set something up. I'm sure if you knock me out ubernes will look upon you very favorably going forward. [/QUOTE]

I told him I'll send a player of his choice in a lopsided deal already. ;)

So, I lost Dez Bryant for the year in my game against the eagles. I'm down to three healthy wide receiver's now, due to another injury that happened previously to another w/r. Is there anyway I can add one w/r for my final game against big at? I will cut the w/r, right after the game. If everyone feels three w/r's are enough, that is fine and I will play with what I have. I usually play with four w/r's.

Last edited by a moderator:
u should have at least 5 healthy wrs on ur roster i dont think the game will let u even play untill u pick at least 1 if not 2 wrs up

Common games for Seahawks and Packers

Rams @ Seahawks 31-7 SEA

Seahawks @ Giants 17-3 NY

Seahawks @ Bears 34-14 CHI

Falcons @ Seahawks 31-14 SEA

Packers @ Bears 38-14 GB

Packers @ Giants 38-21 NY

Packers @ Falcons 21-7 ATL

Rams @ Packers 14-7 GB

Both teams split in their common games (not sure if the additional divisional game is factored), but the Seahawks have a higher strength of victory. Though I'm not entirely sure on this procedure. This scenario only comes into play if both SEA and GB win next week, which shows SEA with an advantage here.

For the Lions, they need to beat GB. They don't have 4 games in common so.. we move down the list to strength of schedule.

The Seahawks have a .487 Strength of schedule while the Lions have a .545, giving them the edge in this tiebreak situation. (Lions had the second toughest schedule in the league.

So what needs to happen is...

For GB to make the playoffs, they need a win and SEA loss

For SEA to make the playoffs, they need a win and hope for a GB loss just to make things easier on Madden

For DET to make the playoffs, they need a win and SEA loss

This isn't 100% sure, but looking at the tiebreak procedures, this is what I've gathered. Now if you'll excuse me, I shall continue my journey in Skyrim.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs

Head-to-head, if applicable.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']So it's basically win and your in for Seattle?[/QUOTE]

Basically yeah. That GB loss ended up being huge and may have set them back just enough for Seattle to sneak in with a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back