Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='LVPatriots']I here you BV. And you know that I am no Mutineer. But in the interest of fun.

Is anything better than picking up a random and having them play excellent? It kind of blows to have to just drop them (into the Madden Free Agent Abyss) when you have other back ups you don't want or use.

Getting a team full of players you really like is one of the best things about the league.

But I suppose it is nice to have them back in there for other team's injuries next season.

"See you later Andrew Hawkins, sorry i thought your name was Andre until last week."[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you can find a similar player late in the draft and maybe even learn his name. ;)

I understand how you feel, but the rules are the rules. We'll look into it next year, but I will say that these things are hard enough to monitor as they are.

[quote name='ubernes']I ever beat Doom and throw 5 INTs while I do it, I think I'm just going to retire right there on the game recap screen.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Understood commish. :)

In other news, anyone see Peter King's playoff picks?[/QUOTE]

I went 1-3 last week, but was correct on my 'lock' pick (SKYRIM JOKE?). Either way, I'll throw out Saints, Pats, Texans, Packers this week. Despite #TebowTime I think the Pats is the game I'm most confident in. And no, that's not some kind of jinx. I think the Ravens are most likely to be upset, closely followed by the Ravens. (edit: hahah, I meant Niners, but I guess they are 3 pt underdogs now that I look at it). I don't see the Packers losing, though I do think the Giants are playing real well now.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm sure you can find a similar player late in the draft and maybe even learn his name. ;)

Doubtful, he averaged over 20 yds per reception and had a td 1 out of every 5 catches.

Maybe that was just Brees doing his thing

[quote name='ubernes']I think the Ravens are most likely to be upset, closely followed by the Ravens.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you really don't believe in the Ravens, huh? :lol:

Ravens followed closely by the Ravens. Picking them to lose twice in one day eh?

[quote name='bvharris']Wow, you really don't believe in the Ravens, huh? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ninja'd

[quote name='LVPatriots']
Doubtful, he averaged over 20 yds per reception and had a td 1 out of every 5 catches.
[/QUOTE]

Speed gets open. I just looked at him, and the only nice thing about him is that speed. They'll be 20 guys with his attributes or better in the draft, you'll be fine.

I'm taking the Pats, Packers, Ravens, and Saints. That's also my order of confidence in the picks. Not that I ever like to be most confident about the Pats (and I'll still be a nervous wreck on every Broncos first down), but on paper that's the most one-sided match.

[quote name='Doomtime']Maybe he means the Ravens will lose and then Flacco will retire because he doesn't like being bullied by the media. Two losses, one day.[/QUOTE]

ept_sports_nfl_experts-995891778-1288113699.jpg

[quote name='Doomtime']Maybe he means the Ravens will lose and then Flacco will retire because he doesn't like being bullied by the media. Two losses, one day.[/QUOTE]

Flacco needs to suck it up. He's practically as bad as Mark Sanchez (on a much better team) and gets half the crap.

Everyone laughed when Eli Manning said he belonged in the Tom Brady class of QBs, but he went out and proved it. (Eli's never going to be as good as Brady, but he's now a guy that if he's your QB, you can be confident). If Flacco wants to be treated like an elite QB, he needs to play like one.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Does speed increase with player progression? I'm asking because I have a rookie RB that is 85 speed.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so, but I could be wrong.

I actually took a snapshot of Ross to see which stats progress, so we'll see.

I wouldn't think anyone would get faster, but who knows?

I was wondering the same thing about throw power, deep pass accuracy and so on. Those must go up?

Hopefully the old WR's I dropped are still on transaction history, as I dropped my 7 draft players already. I had two injury FA pick ups that I love, I wish I had known, I wouldn't have grown as attached to my WR core as it stands.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Nope speed and strength don't increase at all. Agility/acceleration can increase though

Edit: throw power does NOT increase[/QUOTE]

Throw accuracy, short, med, long, do those go up?

Texans could upset the Ravens and I'll give the G-men better odds than the Bronco's. I really like the Saints and for some reason I can't see them losing to the 49ers.

[quote name='LVPatriots']
Hopefully the old WR's I dropped are still on transaction history, as I dropped my 7 draft players already. [/QUOTE]

They're still there.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Throw accuracy, short, med, long, do those go up?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

By the way, if anyone is wondering about the player management/depth chart discrepancy, the only stat I've actually seen which is off between the two is Pass Block Footwork. I'm not sure whether or not that's the root of the bug, but in any case all the other individual stats on the player management page are reliable.

verizon told me 4 to 6 hours to send a repaired signal of some sort out if I understand the tech I spoke to correctly ? I will try I guess around 10 or 11 pm if that is ok with BigAT, assuming it is my connection. If it doesn't I can goto a friends tomorrow after work and play, and if I win I could play the superbowl right after.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']verizon told me 4 to 6 hours to send a repaired signal of some sort out if I understand the tech I spoke to correctly ? I will try I guess around 10 or 11 pm if that is ok with BigAT, assuming it is my connection. If it doesn't I can goto a friends tomorrow after work and play, and if I win I could play the superbowl right after.[/QUOTE]

Did you guys try unranked???

[quote name='bvharris']So... I'd still like to finish up tonight, as I'm sure everyone would.

What's the deal?[/QUOTE]

verizon told me 4 to 6 hours to send a repaired signal of some sort out if I understand the tech I spoke to correctly ? I will try I guess around 10 or 11 pm if that is ok with BigAT, assuming it is my connection. If it doesn't I can goto a friends tomorrow after work and play, and if I win I could play the superbowl right after.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I forgot how fun trading is... Redskins and Raiders check your PMs.[/QUOTE]

Me too...really hope we can see progression soon.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']verizon told me 4 to 6 hours to send a repaired signal of some sort out if I understand the tech I spoke to correctly ? I will try I guess around 10 or 11 pm if that is ok with BigAT, assuming it is my connection. If it doesn't I can goto a friends tomorrow after work and play, and if I win I could play the superbowl right after.[/QUOTE]

Alright, hopefully that works.

MA, I assume you won't be able to play late tonight?

If it were your connection you wouldn't be able to connect to Live or play any games with anyone. It is a NAT issue or something like that.

[quote name='staticz']If it were your connection you wouldn't be able to connect to Live or play any games with anyone. It is a NAT issue or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Yea thats what I was thinking myself , when I called them I asked them could it be a nat issue, but the only reason I think its my end is because I have had a few issues since I switched to verizon a while back.

Comcast never gave me trouble

[quote name='bvharris']Alright, hopefully that works.

MA, I assume you won't be able to play late tonight?[/QUOTE]

Nope :( Unless the winner wants to play around 3:30 a.m. EST when I come home from work...otherwise tomorrow afternoon sometime. I could try to wake up in the morning to play if you guys REALLY wanna get it done ASAP, but I am not a morning person at ALL! Otherwise I could play in the early afternoon...I usually wake up around noon, shower, then get some lunch somewhere...so I could probably play around 2 p.m. EST?? I'm flexible though...if my opponent needs to play earlier or later.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Nope :( Unless the winner wants to play around 3:30 a.m. EST when I come home from work...otherwise tomorrow afternoon sometime. I could try to wake up in the morning to play if you guys REALLY wanna get it done ASAP, but I am not a morning person at ALL! Otherwise I could play in the early afternoon...I usually wake up around noon, shower, then get some lunch somewhere...so I could probably play around 2 p.m. EST?? I'm flexible though...if my opponent needs to play earlier or later.[/QUOTE]

If it is me I get off work and 6pm and can play as soon as I get off I work 6 min from my house.

[quote name='Doomtime']If anyone wants to scrim on 2k12, let me know. I'm starting to become decent with the Kings.[/QUOTE]

I gave up on it. 6 years into my chise with the Wizards and no playoffs (I play one sim 5) and the team had 0% Chemistry. 4 of the 5 starters were together the whole fucking time.

[quote name='Doomtime']If anyone wants to scrim on 2k12, let me know. I'm starting to become decent with the Kings.[/QUOTE]

I will at 9:10ish. I'll use the Thunder I guess.

EDIT: This is weird. I was actually thinking about asking if you wanted to play about 30 minutes ago. I figured you'd say no since the online supposedly sucks (still havent tried it).

I'm usually not too active on the trading front but:

-Looking to trade draft picks for an OLB, including my first round pick potentially.

-Osi Umenyiora is on available for the right price.

I honestly believe the Patriots will lose to the Broncos. If Denver doesn't turn it over, they should control the game and I'd give them the edge in that case. New England's defense is horrible and Denver runs the ball better than anyone, if they pound it and protect it, they'll be in great shape. The TO margin will decide who wins that game and if its even, I'm taking Denver.

I PRAY the Ravens win, the Texans are a very capable team, even with their 3rd string Rookie. The team that dominates the trenches (on each side) will win. If the Ravens can stay on the field on offense and get an early lead it'll be really tough for the Texans.

The Packers should beat the Giants unless they turn it over or have a Special Teams score against them and I like the 49ers to beat the Saints, that defense is awesome and they play a beautiful brand of complimentary football. Their front 7 is one of the best and if they can get after Brees, which I think they will be able to, I'd give them edge as well.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I will at 9:10ish. I'll use the Thunder I guess.

EDIT: This is weird. I was actually thinking about asking if you wanted to play about 30 minutes ago. I figured you'd say no since the online supposedly sucks (still havent tried it).[/QUOTE]

The online association is what sucks. The online play itself is decent, though I'm still mad they took off lobbies.

[quote name='Doomtime']The online association is what sucks. The online play itself is decent, though I'm still mad they took off lobbies.[/QUOTE]

Join the crowd. I'll play you late if you want. You pick my team since I can't use mine :hot:

:lol: Go ahead and use the Heat. I need to see if I can contain them with the Kings. I get so many hate messages when I beat someone with the Kings. Prez also can't stand losing to the Kings. He uses the Bulls.

@Ramesu- Hope you're right on that Broncos pick!

Hey BigAT , Im about to head to my Moms house to play Ill be there in about 35 to 40 min than we can play , Ill message you online as soon as I get there

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back