Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm planning to advance us tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

k hope i get ahold of him tonight then

[quote name='DVO21']k hope i get ahold of him tonight then[/QUOTE]

Sorry I found a sub like was discussed earlier in this thread since you weren't sure. I just got back home and about to leave again to go watch the midnight show of Prometheus so I wouldn't have been able to get it in anyway. I hope that you are okay with this.

Looked at the injury report for the browns and they have delonte waters out for 2 weeks from dehydration. Lol. Having a starting qb out sucks though.

There will be no sub for the Dolphins. This is a commisioner's joint-ruling.

Mog, Being down 17-0 in the 2nd quarter Decided to go for it on 4th and 15. Everyone here knows this is against the rules. You don't do that. Just because we're in the 5th dying season, doesn't mean the rules fly out the door. I proceeded to call a timeout, and he calls another 5 Wide WR 4th and 15 play call. I was busily typing to BV in g-chat and the computer of course picked punt defense. Mog converts, I Quit the game.

We play fairly around here boys.

Mog, You have Two Choices. Play the CPU, or it gets Simmed.

There will be no sub.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BSETI50']Its a little late for me but we shud turn off injuries in sim games[/QUOTE]

We do. I'm really not sure what happened with your game, but I always turn them off.

[quote name='siradam134']There will be no sub for the Dolphins. This is a commisioner's joint-ruling.

Mog, Being down 17-0 in the 2nd quarter Decided to go for it on 4th and 15. Everyone here knows this is against the rules. You don't do that. Just because we're in the 5th dying season, doesn't mean the rules fly out the door. I proceeded to call a timeout, and he calls another 5 Wide WR 4th and 15 play call. I was busily typing to BV in g-chat and the computer of course picked punt defense. Mog converts, I Quit the game.

We play fairly around here boys.

Mog, You have Two Choices. Play the CPU, or it gets Simmed.

There will be no sub.[/QUOTE]

17 -0 is border line worth going for... i dont see y u quit tho? or were u down by 17 and he went for it i guess im confused

I'm on my phone so I can't really PM very well....but OG if you wanna play tonight I'll be available from 10:30 p.m. EST til late.....or any time tomorrow.

[quote name='sprice8688']17 -0 is border line worth going for... i dont see y u quit tho? or were u down by 17 and he went for it i guess im confused[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's not even close. 17-0 in the 1st half, on a 4th and 15 (I'm assuming in his own territory), not a coach alive would go for it. You've made the argument before "Why give up when you're only down 17 in the 4th quarter??? The game's not out of reach!!!" Surely, a 17 point defecit with an entire half to play isn't insurmountable then. Going for a 4th and 15 doesn't seem necessary in that instance.

Sometimes, I feel like this league tiptoes around the concept of "Why is anything banned? If you can't stop it, it's your own fault." But ultimately, the people in charge need to decide if they want to hold the members to a higher standard or not. Do you force people to do the classy thing, or is it just a dick measuring contest? When people start doing questionable things because they can't handle losing a game, it defeats the purpose of the league anyway. As for questioning why he quit when he was winning, when stuff like that starts happening, the game's just not worth playing. It's like playing certain people in ranked. When people want to win that badly that they start playing cheap, you don't even care to take the DNF loss. You just want to get out.

That said, sprice, when do you want to kick my ass, lol? I don't have much time for Madden tonight, but I can play pretty much any time tomorrow. I just need a little notice so I can let my wife know.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Actually, it's not even close. 17-0 in the 1st half, on a 4th and 15 (I'm assuming in his own territory), not a coach alive would go for it. You've made the argument before "Why give up when you're only down 17 in the 4th quarter??? The game's not out of reach!!!" Surely, a 17 point defecit with an entire half to play isn't insurmountable then. Going for a 4th and 15 doesn't seem necessary in that instance.

Sometimes, I feel like this league tiptoes around the concept of "Why is anything banned? If you can't stop it, it's your own fault." But ultimately, the people in charge need to decide if they want to hold the members to a higher standard or not. Do you force people to do the classy thing, or is it just a dick measuring contest? When people start doing questionable things because they can't handle losing a game, it defeats the purpose of the league anyway. As for questioning why he quit when he was winning, when stuff like that starts happening, the game's just not worth playing. It's like playing certain people in ranked. When people want to win that badly that they start playing cheap, you don't even care to take the DNF loss. You just want to get out.

That said, sprice, when do you want to kick my ass, lol? I don't have much time for Madden tonight, but I can play pretty much any time tomorrow. I just need a little notice so I can let my wife know.[/QUOTE]
can u play in the morning eastern sometime... with the baby i rarely get to sleep past 8

[quote name='sprice8688']17 -0 is border line worth going for... i dont see y u quit tho? or were u down by 17 and he went for it i guess im confused[/QUOTE]

No it's not. Wherever the border is, that wasn't anywhere close to it. I totally understand why fero quit, what's the point in playing if your opponent is going to treat it like a ranked match?

Mog's been in this league for a long time, he knows full well that it was bullshit. I'm sure he was just upset that someone he feels he's better than was beating him.

[quote name='sprice8688']can u play in the morning eastern sometime... with the baby i rarely get to sleep past 8[/QUOTE]

Ah, sorry. I've been having the opposite problem lately. My 6 month old has been testing us and resisting sleep. I've been up till about 2 AM the past several nights. I just woke up about an hour ago, lol. If you've got any time this afternoon or evening, just let me know.

lol, I just realized that exactly zero games have been played this week. Guess that pretty much speaks to our collective interest level, huh?

I've been trying to get mine in, but I've been stood up twice. We should be playing at 6 today.

I'd still like to advance tonight or tomorrow morning, so let's get as many of these played as possible.

Wow, didn't realize that. I contacted GpNinja I think 2 days ago and he hasn't messaged me back at all. If anyone is willing to sub I would appreciate it.

[quote name='Blade3D']Wow, didn't realize that. I contacted GpNinja I think 2 days ago and he hasn't messaged me back at all. If anyone is willing to sub I would appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

GPNinja left the league. Go ahead and play the CPU. That still goes for all the open teams (I know the OP isn't up to date, I'll do it soon).

I PMed DVO about playing the Jags, but he hasn't replied. Since I assume he hasn't played his other game yet, should I go ahead and play the CPU?

[quote name='KasterDB']I PMed DVO about playing the Jags, but he hasn't replied. Since I assume he hasn't played his other game yet, should I go ahead and play the CPU?[/QUOTE]

Yeah

still waiting to hear back from cambell or however u spell his name anyways if i dont hear from him by 7 central i plan on playing the computer is that fine?

[quote name='Deuce20602']waiting to hear from Thrax to get Browns-Steelers II going[/QUOTE]

lets do this hombre.game on.

Cardinals take a stranglehold over the NFC West with a 13-3 win over the 49ers.

Ryan Williams ran one up the gut for 96 which made all the difference.

What a game gentlemen. The steelers took the lead with the brown a 17 point deficit late in the third quarter. A few lucky onside kicks an they were back in it. I swear I haven't seen that many good bounces. The browns forced overtime and on the very first possession from the steelers, ripped the ball out for an easy run for the TD. GG.

[quote name='BSETI50']we def advancing tonight?[/QUOTE]

I'll probably do it tomorrow morning to give all the stragglers the evening to finish their games.

hey anyone playing the jags or eagles this upcoming week im gonig to be gone tuesday wednesday thursday. but should be back thursday night around 8 central just a headfs up so need to get my eagles game in soon with the texans tommrow evening

[quote name='DVO21']hey anyone playing the jags or eagles this upcoming week im gonig to be gone tuesday wednesday thursday. but should be back thursday night around 8 central just a headfs up so need to get my eagles game in soon with the texans tommrow evening[/QUOTE]

Contact Ramesu and try to play it tonight. Otherwise we'll find a sub.

We've advanced.

titans win 31-10 in a rain game...it was an odd game, he ran the ball well but only threw 6 times for 1 13yd completion. i couldnt run but picked up his blitz on an early play action screen to jared cook jr for a 20yd td, then on a 3rd n short i dumped one to my FB in the flat on what must have been an all out blitz cuz he went 80yds untouched. then after a holding call negated a first down and left me with 3rd n 15 on my own 10 up 24-10 with almost 4 min left cj took screen play 90yds to the house, i thought he could have tackled me after like 20 yds but he let me score, donno if it was stradegy with only 2 timeouts left or what. end of the day orton goes 5-7 with 220 yds n 3tds.

trying to keep in simple with orton especially in the rain, im jus not looking forward to when i actually have to lean on him to get me a win...

Ah, Jets take a sim loss to the Lions. Wish I could have played sprice here. I expected a thorough beating, but I've never gotten to play him, so I'm sure it would have at least been entertaining. Oh well, at least now I can accuse him of "ducking me", :lol:

Oh, also, the Bills owner is long gone right? For some reason, I don't really remember any fanfare with him leaving the league, but the team has been empty for awhile.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
Oh, also, the Bills owner is long gone right? For some reason, I don't really remember any fanfare with him leaving the league, but the team has been empty for awhile.[/QUOTE]

He was having connection issues in his last couple of games. I'd check with sprice on whether he's officially done or not, but if you don't hear back then you should consider it a CPU game.

[quote name='campbellbj1']Jaguars are unowned now right? Should I get a sub since DVO wont not be back till thursday?[/QUOTE]

He's still here today, so if you can set something up with him go ahead. If not, just play the CPU.

[quote name='BSETI50']titans win 31-10 in a rain game...it was an odd game, he ran the ball well but only threw 6 times for 1 13yd completion. i couldnt run but picked up his blitz on an early play action screen to jared cook jr for a 20yd td, then on a 3rd n short i dumped one to my FB in the flat on what must have been an all out blitz cuz he went 80yds untouched. then after a holding call negated a first down and left me with 3rd n 15 on my own 10 up 24-10 with almost 4 min left cj took screen play 90yds to the house, i thought he could have tackled me after like 20 yds but he let me score, donno if it was stradegy with only 2 timeouts left or what. end of the day orton goes 5-7 with 220 yds n 3tds.

trying to keep in simple with orton especially in the rain, im jus not looking forward to when i actually have to lean on him to get me a win...[/QUOTE]

It was a great defensive battle through the first 1/2. I knew I shouldn't have gone for that long FG, which you ran back for a TD. I honestly hate screen passes, and that was what 2 of your long TDs came on. I stopped your run game very well in my opinion. The 2 picks I threw screwed me too, this game should have been much different. I only had that one pass, everything else was either way off, or a pick.

[quote name='Blade3D']It was a great defensive battle through the first 1/2. I knew I shouldn't have gone for that long FG, which you ran back for a TD. I honestly hate screen passes, and that was what 2 of your long TDs came on. I stopped your run game very well in my opinion. The 2 picks I threw screwed me too, this game should have been much different. I only had that one pass, everything else was either way off, or a pick.[/QUOTE]

I had a 20 yd td to cook jr on a play action slot screen, a ballsy call in my opinion. The long td to my fullback wasn't a screen u just brought the house and I dumped it off to him, and the 90yd cj screen was just a safe playcall, you could have tackled him but u let him score...

[quote name='BSETI50']I had a 20 yd td to cook jr on a play action slot screen, a ballsy call in my opinion. The long td to my fullback wasn't a screen u just brought the house and I dumped it off to him, and the 90yd cj screen was just a safe playcall, you could have tackled him but u let him score...[/QUOTE]

Eh he had already made it 1/2 downfield, I was kind of pissed and figured it was better to let you score while I still might have time to be able to comeback. I was just venting about screens cause when I don't stop them I give up a ton of yards, wasn't directed at you in particular. If I was just better at passing the ball and pass defense I feel I would be unstoppable.

Another loss. My team is letting me down. A big play to get into field goal range deleted for a clipping penalty. Looks like I'm out of my playoff run.great close games

not sure where ramesu is he and i set our game up for 830 eastern and its nows 9 eastern and no trace of him this is the only night i could play i hope he shows up soon

I just dropped...DVO play the cpu...just got in from playin ball gettin ready for work then bed, I think I'm burnt out on Madden. Probably done for 12....

ea serve has kicked me out of my games trying one last one if i dont get it in then fuck it just sim it but im hoping it works this time

bread's done
Back