Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='Doomtime']Falcons vs Texans going down in about an hour. Rivers continues his quest to 50,000 XP[/QUOTE]

I was very disappointed that this post wasn't an updated playoff picture. ;)

[quote name='Man2008']Who does the skins got this week ?[/QUOTE]

Seahawks.

...why do I feel like the promptness with which I always answer these "who do I play?" requests just encourages people to not check for themselves. :lol:

[quote name='bvharris']Seahawks.

...why do I feel like the promptness with which I always answer these "who do I play?" requests just encourages people to not check for themselves. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Why so serious in my Heath ledger voice 😂😂😂😂

[quote name='Doomtime']This is why I can't have nice things...

Rivers is getting trashed in this game![/QUOTE]

Madden Gods didn't like you so openly discussing your XP mining plans? ;)

Texans Over Falcons 45-14

Well, things went south quick for Rivers. The first half was ugly as both teams turned the ball over twice. Houston was able to pull away in the second half though as they pounded the ball on the ground with their old friend Arian Foster. Foster scored three times on the day and broke the TD record set last year by Baltimore's Ray Rice.

Arian Foster 20 att 242 yds 3 TDs
Ben Tate 4 att 47 yds 1 TD
Phillip Rivers 9 of 16 113 yds 1 TD 2 INTS

Matt Ryan 10 of 21 270 yds 1 TD 4 INTs
Taiwan Jones 13 att 82 yds 1 TD 2 rec 94 yds 1 TD
Julio Jones 5 rec 79 yds
Mike Wallace 3 rec 97 yds

GG dvo, luckily I pulled away in the second half.

[quote name='Doomtime']Texans Over Falcons 45-14

Well, things went south quick for Rivers. The first half was ugly as both teams turned the ball over twice. Houston was able to pull away in the second half though as they pounded the ball on the ground with their old friend Arian Foster. Foster scored three times on the day and broke the TD record set last year by Baltimore's Ray Rice.

Arian Foster 20 att 242 yds 3 TDs
Ben Tate 4 att 47 yds 1 TD
Phillip Rivers 9 of 16 113 yds 1 TD 2 INTS

Matt Ryan 10 of 21 270 yds 1 TD 4 INTs
Taiwan Jones 13 att 82 yds 1 TD 2 rec 94 yds 1 TD
Julio Jones 5 rec 79 yds
Mike Wallace 3 rec 97 yds

GG dvo, luckily I pulled away in the second half.[/QUOTE]

sad thing is matt ryan was 6 for 6 in the first quarter after that not to pretty but a few drops killed me. i think with the right adjustments in the off season the falcons could be a dangerous team again but right now they have some issues that must be fixed in the offseason somehow

GG doom i hope i get the chance to play u again sometime in the next season i learn new things about my team when i play top contenders and learn to try new things

AFC

1. Y-Houston Texans (12-1)
2. Cincinnati Bengals (10-2)
3. Denver Broncos (8-3-1)
4. New York Jets (8-4)
5. Kansas City Chiefs (8-4)
6. Baltimore Ravens (8-4)

In the Hunt

7. Buffalo Bills (7-5)
8. New England Patriots (6-5-1)

NFC

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-1)
2. Arizona Cardinals (11-1)
3. Y-Detroit Lions (10-2)
4. Philadelphia Eagles (7-5)
5. Carolina Panthers (11-2)
6. San Francisco 49ers (7-5)

In the Hunt

7. Washington Redskins (7-5)
8. New York Giants (6-6)
9. St. Louis Rams (6-6)

Last edited by a moderator:
The absolutely colossally huge Jets-Bills game this week could go a long way towards sorting out the AFC picture. Bills win and they're in 1st place, whereas a loss combined with wins by the Broncos and Chiefs could push them close to elimination (since both AFC West teams as well as the Ravens hold the h2h tie-breaker over Buffalo). Not a must-win for the Bills, but pretty close. A Jets loss still leaves them more paths to the playoffs since they have the tie-breaker over the Broncos and a game still to play against the Chiefs.

We play at noon. I've come a long way since we last played, but I expect anything to happen in this one. Huge game, as BV said. I'd like to keep putting that distance between me and the rest of the AFC East. Well, this is the game to do it!

[quote name='ubernes']We play at noon. I've come a long way since we last played, but I expect anything to happen in this one. Huge game, as BV said. I'd like to keep putting that distance between me and the rest of the AFC East. Well, this is the game to do it![/QUOTE]

The rest of the AFC is behind you! :D

Very true. Didn't even think of that. The wildcard will be quite the fun mess if the Jets fall here. Chiefs next week would be as much as a must-win as it could get. 2 Ws in a row and I should have it locked up though.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Im at work right now and would like to set up my game could someone tell me who I play ?[/QUOTE]

Cowboys.

Had 20 something seconds to tie it but instead threw a pick. As I said I dont deserve the division after this game. Really shouldn't even be in the playoffs. Jets had a good mid season run but they are still dog shit. Oh well! Draft 2014!!!

[quote name='ubernes']Had 20 something seconds to tie it but instead threw a pick. As I said I dont deserve the division after this game. Really shouldn't even be in the playoffs. Jets had a good mid season run but they are still dog shit. Oh well! Draft 2014!!![/QUOTE]

You still control your own destiny for the WC. Though if you feel like tanking the rest of the way, I'm sure staticz and I won't complain. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']You still control your own destiny for the WC. Though if you feel like tanking the rest of the way, I'm sure staticz and I won't complain. ;)[/QUOTE]

When I lose out, we will call it tanking.

[quote name='ubernes']When I lose out, we will call it tanking.[/QUOTE]

Deal.

[quote name='Doomtime']That sounds like the Schaub I know.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the real-life Schaub from the last month or so as well.

[quote name='ubernes']Chiefs get the Jets without Keller. So he can thank the Bills there.[/QUOTE]

Tough to decide who to root for here, since I lose the tiebreaker to the Jets (H2H) but win it over the Chiefs (division record). Probably still need to pull for the Jets since it helps me lock up the division.

AFC update

1. Y-Houston Texans (12-1)
2. Cincinnati Bengals (10-2)
3. Denver Broncos (8-3-1)
4. Buffalo Bills (8-5)
5. Kansas City Chiefs (8-4)
6. Baltimore Ravens (8-4)

In the Hunt

7. New York Jets (8-5)
8. New England Patriots (6-5-1)

Jets definitely have the tougher schedule than the Bills going forward, so it's probably WC or bust for them. There's still a chance that the defending champion Ravens could end up the odd team out, though it's a slim one considering they only have one tough game left (week 17 against the Cards who may have nothing to play for).

Anyone else having problems accessing the CC website? It's saying no connected careers found though I was just on there last night.

[quote name='Doomtime']Anyone else having problems accessing the CC website? It's saying no connected careers found though I was just on there last night.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm on it right now.

so wut are everyones wildcard picks for this weekend mine are
Bengals with the upset

Colts over the ravens sorry ray lewis

Vikings because green bay doesnt play good at home during the playoffs and its cold and windy not good for passing and thats wut green bay does best and we all know wut the vikings do best

Seahawks over redskins this one was a tough choice to make but that seahawk defense is really good and they are a hot team right now but so are redskins i will enjoy watching this game the most.

[quote name='DVO21']so wut are everyones wildcard picks for this weekend mine are
Bengals with the upset

Colts over the ravens sorry ray lewis

Vikings because green bay doesnt play good at home during the playoffs and its cold and windy not good for passing and thats wut green bay does best and we all know wut the vikings do best

Seahawks over redskins this one was a tough choice to make but that seahawk defense is really good and they are a hot team right now but so are redskins i will enjoy watching this game the most.[/QUOTE]

All four wild cards? Don't think that's ever happened.

So I essentially need to beat the Chiefs and win out for the WC? Lose to the Chiefs and in all likelihood the Jets are keeping the no playoff streak intact.

Really beating myself up over some of my play calling today. So many 3rd and shorts I failed on. Bills would stack the box and sack my QB before the handoff. Easy audible to a short pass would've solved those issues. And there were other cases where the run was working perfectly well and I'd throw it unnecessarily. Threw it on 1st and 10 AFTER getting a pick six back due to a roughing the passer call. Who does that? Just tons of small killer plays throughout the game.

All comes down to next week. If the Jets fall short of the playoffs again this season is a complete failure, in my opinion.

Texans over Bengals - I believe we've seen a slumping Texans team hosting a hot Bengals team before, and as I recall that was pretty one sided. With TJ Yates at the helm.

Ravens over Colts - By Football Outsider's' DVOA, this Colts team is the 4th worst team to ever make the playoffs. Of course, the 3 that were worse all won their first game. ;) I think the Colts keep it close, but I don't think that atrocious Colts defense can slow down Ray Rice at home.

Packers over Vikings - AP ran for 210 yards the last time these teams played in Green Bay, and the Packers still won. Vikings played 4 games outdoors all season, and lost all 4. Not taking Christian Ponder on the road, outdoors, in January.

Seahawks over Redskins - I really want the Redskins to win here, but this Seahawks team is amazing. With a still hobbled RGIII, I just don't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back