Madden 15 Xbox One League - 3 Seasons Completed! Moving On To Madden 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I was starting to get worried that all my Madden learning had been undone by all the changes in this year's game, haha. And being a Titans fan definitely didn't make it any easier. But I just finished an online ranked game in which I picked the Titans first (74 OVR)...and the guy scrolls through every team...before finally deciding on the Broncos (90 OVR), lol.

Of course the guy also loved his hurry up offense, and marched down the field, scoring a TD in 6 plays. After he scored, I paused the game just to piss him off and slow the game down. Naturally, he was one of the numerous people who can't figure out how to turn off Kinect for voice chat...so I got to hear his music and his phone conversations...and him telling me "yeah, quit bitch" when I paused it, lol :lol:

He ended up taking a 14-0 lead before I finally figured out his offense. 2 INTs later, I'm up 28-24, when he throws his 3rd pick with Manning and declares "Dammit...I lost!", lol. I got the "No Better Feeling" achievement too. Indeed, Madden. Indeed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
he was one of the numerous people who can't figure out how to turn off Kinect for voice chat..
I played someone like that in ranked he was with a friend and was telling me every play he was doing waited until there was 1 min left in the game to plug in my mic and tell them thanks for the play calls

They were out in full force last night. I played a guy who though going for it on 4 & 27 from his own 20 was a good idea. He lost, but had me on the ropes for a bit.

I love beating people who play like that, especially when you play a straight, clean game. So much more satisfying. 

Hopped into MUT after a break last year. Are you guys busting a lot of packs or just buying stuff in the auction house? 

All I've done in MUT is open the starter packs and played one solo challenge. So, I really can't say how improved it is.

What I can say is my #1 complaint about Madden right now is the damn laggy playcalling screen. Not sure how they didn't notice how slow to respond it is...which is magnified when you're playing defense and are trying to call a play according to the package. And God help you if you ever want to back out to the main play calling branch and look for a play using a different method (formation, play type, personnel, etc). This is a huge step down from the way it was last year.

I really hope they can at least make it more responsive with a patch or something.

It took me a bit to get adjusted to the new play calling system, but it hasn't seemed laggy for me at all. Plus you can adjust how it works via the settings menu.

MUT is the best it has ever been this year. You can actually earn worthwhile rewards and coins from playing the CPU, have fun with it and compete just by opening free and reward packs.

Just read the link. I've only used the stick, not the d-pad, but have experienced no lag or skipping. Again, after the initial adjustment period, I have had no trouble navigating the playbook. Not sure what the issue is that some people are experiencing with that.

I've noticed the laggy play screens as well. I don't mind the new layout but hate when I overrun the formation I want. Maybe I should use Kinect...

On a slightly unrelated topic I cancelled Amazon Prime because we weren't ordering near as much through them. Bought a new headset for my X1 and used the free shipping....hoooooooly shit is it slow. 10 days if you count the holiday and weekends.

I've noticed the laggy play screens as well. I don't mind the new layout but hate when I overrun the formation I want. Maybe I should use Kinect...

On a slightly unrelated topic I cancelled Amazon Prime because we weren't ordering near as much through them. Bought a new headset for my X1 and used the free shipping....hoooooooly shit is it slow. 10 days if you count the holiday and weekends.
Yeah, the Kinect integration just weirds me out all the way around. I swear, I've had some snaps triggered by me coughing or something. I'll still be going through my pre-play adjustments and all of a sudden the ball will be snapped. Unless that's an attempt at "realism" of the center being a dipshit and snapping the ball early, lol (which, admittedly, wouldn't be terrible), I'm not sure what's going on.

I actually have an Amazon Prime related story too. I think they're testing some new things because I ordered the Dumb & Dumber/The Mask blu ray double pack yesterday for $7.99, and it gave me an option to receive a $1 Amazon Instant Video credit if I chose "No Rush" shipping (which is the 10 day). I've been a Prime member for years, so this was interesting to see. I actually was in no hurry to receive the movie, so I thought "why not" and decided to try out that option.

In retrospect though, I feel like I shouldn't make them think that Prime customers are ok with them cheaping out on shipping. Obviously, they probably saved more than $1 by sending it this slow way. After years and years of great service from Amazon, they definitely seem to be trying to cut corners lately. I think the sales tax crunch has started hurting their business.

Yeah, the Kinect integration just weirds me out all the way around. I swear, I've had some snaps triggered by me coughing or something. I'll still be going through my pre-play adjustments and all of a sudden the ball will be snapped. Unless that's an attempt at "realism" of the center being a dipshit and snapping the ball early, lol (which, admittedly, wouldn't be terrible), I'm not sure what's going on.

I actually have an Amazon Prime related story too. I think they're testing some new things because I ordered the Dumb & Dumber/The Mask blu ray double pack yesterday for $7.99, and it gave me an option to receive a $1 Amazon Instant Video credit if I chose "No Rush" shipping (which is the 10 day). I've been a Prime member for years, so this was interesting to see. I actually was in no hurry to receive the movie, so I thought "why not" and decided to try out that option.

In retrospect though, I feel like I shouldn't make them think that Prime customers are ok with them cheaping out on shipping. Obviously, they probably saved more than $1 by sending it this slow way. After years and years of great service from Amazon, they definitely seem to be trying to cut corners lately. I think the sales tax crunch has started hurting their business.
We've always had to pay sales tax because there is an Amazon facility in KS, but yeah. Two day was turning into 3 day and prices just weren't there on diapers and all of that junk anymore. It's been cheaper to take advantage of the target gift card deals and use a the red card for another 5% off.

I just assumed their free shipping would be more like NewEgg or Zappos. Unfortunately I think Amazon is putting its focus on things with larger margins.

My apologies for not being active. I just finished moving and it's been hectic. I have the game but no internet till next week so I will gladly take my Panthers and I'll just have to deal with whatever had happened with the team by then

packers_elacy27_endzonedive.gif

i feel bad for nhl players what a joke that game is
Yeah, in addition to the huge game modes, they took out the most rudimentary shit. You can't draft your players in Be A GM mode. You do scouting, and then the game simulates the entire draft.

You can't sim to your next shift in Be A Pro mode. You actually have to sit there and watch from the bench as the CPU plays.

And there's no top 3 stars named at the end of the game. It's unbelievable what a horrific job they did making the game. Even if the gameplay is solid, it's like half a game at best. Still $60 though, lol.

My apologies for not being active. I just finished moving and it's been hectic. I have the game but no internet till next week so I will gladly take my Panthers and I'll just have to deal with whatever had happened with the team by then
NFC South just got a lot more interesting.

I'll see you 2-3 times a season Deuce.

It's ok. Just wish you would have said something before you moved (I assume you knew you were moving anyway, haha). I'll put you down for Carolina.

The roster update is live!
Woohoo! I'll start looking into getting things set up sometime this afternoon/evening.

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

Wow...ratings changed A LOT. I can't believe how much some of the team overalls changed. The top 4 teams are now 49ers (93), Broncos (90), Seahawks (87), and Ravens (86). San Francisco went up 3 points and Seattle went down 4 points. That's crazy. It doesn't REALLY affect the "no previous Super Bowl winner allowed to select a top team" rule. With Mr Grand Cru never having checked back, we have four previous winners...and the Ravens are the only new entry to the top four.

Beyond that, it gets a little messy. There are a bunch of teams tied for 5th best OVR...including the Saints, Panthers, and Bengals...all owned by previous Super Bowl winners (looks like I have the biggest balls of the group, haha j/k...I'm just a fan of a team that sucks  :D ).

There are several teams at 84 though (Lions and Packers being the other two). And at 83, you have the Dolphins, Patriots, and Rams. So...these guys definitely didn't take a "not very good" team. But the ratings aren't quite as widely spread as with the previous roster (other than the 49ers being 3 points better than the #2 team and 6 points better than the defending Super Bowl champion).

As mentioned in the OP of the thread, we will strive to maintain competitive balance though. And with 3 previous Super Bowl winners being right on the other side of the bubble of top teams, their games will naturally be under the microscope. Obviously, this will be done in complete fairness. But If you're dominating people, your games are going to be looked at, and you might be asked to switch it up and try new things. There has to be competitive balance here. If we don't keep that as our #1 objective, people will leave, and you'll be playing the CPU even more than we already have to.

I hope that doesn't upset anyone, and I don't want it to come across in a threatening manner. It's just a realistic outlook. And I'd rather address it and have a plan rather than ignore it and then act surprised when people start dropping. Hopefully it won't even be an issue and nobody will become Chetty 2.0, lol (no offense to him, but seriously now...) But I just wanted to get that out there before we get things started.

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

Wow...ratings changed A LOT. I can't believe how much some of the team overalls changed. The top 4 teams are now 49ers (93), Broncos (90), Seahawks (87), and Ravens (86). San Francisco went up 3 points and Seattle went down 4 points. That's crazy. It doesn't REALLY affect the "no previous Super Bowl winner allowed to select a top team" rule. With Mr Grand Cru never having checked back, we have four previous winners...and the Ravens are the only new entry to the top four.

Beyond that, it gets a little messy. There are a bunch of teams tied for 5th best OVR...including the Saints, Panthers, and Bengals...all owned by previous Super Bowl winners (looks like I have the biggest balls of the group, haha j/k...I'm just a fan of a team that sucks  :D ).

There are several teams at 84 though (Lions and Packers being the other two). And at 83, you have the Dolphins, Patriots, and Rams. So...these guys definitely didn't take a "not very good" team. But the ratings aren't quite as widely spread as with the previous roster (other than the 49ers being 3 points better than the #2 team and 6 points better than the defending Super Bowl champion).

As mentioned in the OP of the thread, we will strive to maintain competitive balance though. And with 3 previous Super Bowl winners being right on the other side of the bubble of top teams, their games will naturally be under the microscope. Obviously, this will be done in complete fairness. But If you're dominating people, your games are going to be looked at, and you might be asked to switch it up and try new things. There has to be competitive balance here. If we don't keep that as our #1 objective, people will leave, and you'll be playing the CPU even more than we already have to.

I hope that doesn't upset anyone, and I don't want it to come across in a threatening manner. It's just a realistic outlook. And I'd rather address it and have a plan rather than ignore it and then act surprised when people start dropping. Hopefully it won't even be an issue and nobody will become Chetty 2.0, lol (no offense to him, but seriously now...) But I just wanted to get that out there before we get things started.

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT #2

I'm sending invites out now. YOU MUST CREATE A COACH. Do not choose an existing coach. If you choose an existing coach, I'll have to boot you and you'll have to start all over.

For anybody curious, I basically just used the standard settings both CAG leagues have been using for years. 5 minute quarters, no accelerated clock, no run-off, All-Pro difficulty, coaches only league, injuries on (though we'll see if these need to be tweaked with sliders as in years past), pre-existing injuries off, etc. You'll also need to set your visual stuff for yourself (defensive graphics, kicking arc, player names, camera, etc).

Oh, also DO NOT SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS. I'll take a look at who's in the pool and see if there's a need to do anything. What we ended up doing in the Fan's League last year was just letting the CPU have at the remaining players (they need the help right?) and then doing our own round of free agency in week 4 like the Official League usually did. It worked out fine and I wouldn't be opposed to doing it that way again.

All right, unless i'm forgetting something, that seems to be the big stuff. If anybody has any questions, just let me know.

Bengals...all owned by previous Super Bowl winners
:D

I like it when I get lucky. lol.

I can't believe that the 49ers are always that well rated. Someone at EA has a hard on for them. Luke Kuechly is like the fourth rated LB behind all of the 49ers LBs.

Ok, invites have been sent to everyone except Deuce because the game said he hasn't connected to online yet or something. I'm guessing that has to do with him moving.

Also, Philthy Bird, your CAG profile has your gamertag listed as being GHmanRon. When I tried that, it said it wasn't valid....so I just tried "Philthy Bird" and it went through. Hopefully that's you, lol.

Yeah, that is him. He's on my friend list.

I think the Packers were only at 86 before, but I don't care what their rating is anyway.

Yea, I won't have internet til Wednesday according to the turd nugget at Comcast. I'm ET btw....
Yeah...Comcast is horrible. Good luck with that! :)

When are we allowed to start playing games?
Well, injuries are presently still on. I would imagine the majority would want them turned off for pre-season...but at the same time, I'm almost intrigued by the idea of people being coerced into using their starters sparingly, lol. I really haven't noticed a problem with injuries this year. I've only seen a few, and they've been relatively minor...but I'm totally open to opinions here. If you want to roll the dice and play a game with injuries on, that's your call.

And of course, people need to be mindful of who they're matched up with too since not everybody has joined yet (obvious...but we do have lots of new members). If you're set to play a CPU team, that's fine...but if you've got a human opponent, feel free to start reaching out and scheduling a time to play.

Having said that...

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT #3

When playing pre-season games, once the game subs out a player on your team, you need to leave it that way. The purpose of pre-season games is to give everybody some playing time. If people are using their starters all game, those players are earning XP when they shouldn't be. Remember, first and foremost, the #1 rule of the league is to play like a real coach...and not an asshole coach either, lol :)

Ok - I'm signing on and joining the league. But the loading screen after selecting my team is hanging. Anyone have this issue?

Do we have to play pre-season? If not then I'll pass on it. Not interested in playing extra games that don't count for anything.

pre season is done every time so we can cut our own players it's needed. i want to build my own team and not cpu build it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back