Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

i wanted to wait to comment on what level we should play at because i wanted to play the real game. and i  just played my first online game and all pro is just a shoot out no D it comes down to who has the ball last. all madden is my vote. 

edit: i understand its only one game, but there was no D. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an fyi, the franchise can be started with updated rosters at anytime. When starting the franchise you just select custom rosters.

Still feels exactly like the demo, but I've managed to keep the scores low so far against noobies with only 2 plays in their bag. We'll see.

Plenty of 5-wide scramblers in ranked play.  :whee:

Still feels exactly like the demo, but I've managed to keep the scores low so far against noobies with only 2 plays in their bag. We'll see.

Plenty of 5-wide scramblers in ranked play. :whee:
I'm hoping a lot of the shootout stuff is corrected by fair play in the league. Don't think I've seen a punt online yet.

Plenty of 5-wide scramblers in ranked play. :whee:
Yeah the game just came out and im already done with online play. I just can't wait for the leagues to start.

first game with Carolina vs. Seahawks on All-Madden... Kuechly's stat line: 14 tak, 6 tfl, 2 sacks, 3 ints, 2ff, FR, TD

i can't remember the last time i played online outside of leagues. Allsport games are unplayable against random people seeing either they do un real stuff or use game bugs to do dumb things it's not worth the anger. Most my time on sports games is vs cpu or with friends.

Yeah the game just came out and im already done with online play. I just can't wait for the leagues to start.
Yeah the defense is still completely broken. O-lines pancake the hell out of the defense on nearly every run. Defensive players go braindead when the ball carrier jukes. There is still a slight delay when switching to different defenders and trying to make a play on the ball. Zone and Man need to be tightened up and Qb accuracy needs to be toned down. In its current state, it's a mess.

I really like the passing, it's just way too easy. Even with a guy like Ponder.

I'd look for a tuner to be released with the final 53 roster update, they are usually pretty good about toning stuff down right after release.

Out of the games I played last night, not a single blow out and I didn't think anything was too crazy. Passing seemed a bit easy, but the stats stayed fairly realistic. Maybe you guys just need to learn how to play defense ;)

I'm off work Thursday - Monday so I should be able to get plenty of games in, if anyone wants to play!

I would play aganst you staticz but I cant show you too much of the Tavon Austin show lol
Aint nobody worried about the Tavon Austin show, although my defense sucks, only teams I have been able to remotely stop anything with are The 49ers and the Seahawks everybody else's Defense is crap this year, The Bengals defense was ok too but Taylor Mays got trucked for a game winning TD that pissed me off. My team the Raiders is straight garbage, I will be running the clock down alot on Madden 25 I foresee.

I'd look for a tuner to be released with the final 53 roster update, they are usually pretty good about toning stuff down right after release.

Out of the games I played last night, not a single blow out and I didn't think anything was too crazy. Passing seemed a bit easy, but the stats stayed fairly realistic. Maybe you guys just need to learn how to play defense ;)

I'm off work Thursday - Monday so I should be able to get plenty of games in, if anyone wants to play!
If you see me online tomorrow send me an invite. I'm up for some friendly league competition.

So far my Madden 25 Eagles are

0-2 against Bsetis Browns

0-1 against Spices Titans

And 2-1 against Widdows Patriots

So I still have some practicing to do

I'm feeling really good about what I've been able to do so far with the Bucs. Having Revis, Goldson and Barron really give me a great deal of flexibility on defense. I've been able to play solidly on defense on for the most part. The abberation being the game I played against cru where he ran for close to 300 yards with CJ2K...

I'm feeling really good about what I've been able to do so far with the Bucs. Having Revis, Goldson and Barron really give me a great deal of flexibility on defense. I've been able to play solidly on defense on for the most part. The abberation being the game I played against cru where he ran for close to 300 yards with CJ2K...
I wish I had put Titans number one on the list for this league smh.

Question : I noticed that the Raiders switched Taiwon Jones to a CB recently , am I allowed to switch him  back to RB if I choose too ? Whats the official rule on this ?

Anyone else get a 27 cent refund from Amazon? I also got a $10 credit from them today, for purchasing Madden. I don't know what is going on but I like it ;)

Anyone else get a 27 cent refund from Amazon? I also got a $10 credit from them today, for purchasing Madden. I don't know what is going on but I like it ;)
Meanwhile, I preordered the $100 collector's edition over a month ago and receive no credit, no preorder bonus, and it still hasn't even shipped yet. Really making me feel good about my purchase, Amazon.

Toys R Us has a pretty sweet deal on Madden if there are any slackers out there who haven't bought it yet. Free $10 gift card (you have to print out the coupon though) plus the $25 official strategy guide free too. I'm gonna study that thing front to back so don't be surprised if I win the Superbowl Season 1!!

Toys R Us has a pretty sweet deal on Madden if there are any slackers out there who haven't bought it yet. Free $10 gift card (you have to print out the coupon though) plus the $25 official strategy guide free too. I'm gonna study that thing front to back so don't be surprised if I win the Superbowl Season 1!!
if you can get your games scheduled ;)

Meanwhile, I preordered the $100 collector's edition over a month ago and receive no credit, no preorder bonus, and it still hasn't even shipped yet. Really making me feel good about my purchase, Amazon.
that is just odd maybe they over sold the amount they had i got the direct tv version fright on time from amazon yesterday.

I'm Anticipating Creating the League Sometime Late this weekend or Early to Mid Next Week...depending on EA's Roster update.

The FINAL deadline for the 53-man roster comes on Saturday, August 31 at 6:00 p.m. ET.

I'm hoping they push the update out pretty fast. I don't see any point in creating the league now with 75 man rosters available. Sorry! 

yeah looks like it was the same problem ncaa football 14 at launch after couple days for that to get fixed i had to play the game off of xbox live 

Just wanted to pop in and wish you guys luck with the league once you get it started!  Be nice to fero and staticz.  :D

I haven't really been paying any attention at all to Madden, how is this year's game?  Are you guys enjoying it so far?

Just wanted to pop in and wish you guys luck with the league once you get it started! Be nice to fero and staticz. :D

I haven't really been paying any attention at all to Madden, how is this year's game? Are you guys enjoying it so far?
User reviews are all over the place, though that may just be Madden fever talking. I hate being Negative Nancy, especially when it comes to video games, but EA really mailed it in this year. While they improved the passing game, they gimped the defense. Slower player reactions (when usering) and ineffective defensive lines that just get bowled over. The line serves as a vacuum that just sucks in the defense. Perfect blocking nearly every time.

Other than the step back in the gameplay department, it's your typical Madden game. Re-skinned menus, robotic commentary, instrumental soundtrack :whistle2:( ,untouched modes and the addition of modes that were in previous iterations of the game. Owner mode, the ability to play with friends in your franchise and fantasy draft franchise is back.

Weakest entry since 08 in my opinion. I wish they just continued to build upon the foundation of 12 instead of going the infinity engine route. Seems like it's even more glitchy than last year.

I'll live though, thanks to the inclusion of the season pass. :grouphug:

User reviews are all over the place, though that may just be Madden fever talking. I hate being Negative Nancy, especially when it comes to video games, but EA really mailed it in this year. While they improved the passing game, they gimped the defense. Slower player reactions (when usering) and ineffective defensive lines that just get bowled over. The line serves as a vacuum that just sucks in the defense. Perfect blocking nearly every time.

Other than the step back in the gameplay department, it's your typical Madden game. Re-skinned menus, robotic commentary, instrumental soundtrack :whistle2:( ,untouched modes and the addition of modes that were in previous iterations of the game. Owner mode, the ability to play with friends in your franchise and fantasy draft franchise is back.

Weakest entry since 08 in my opinion. I wish they just continued to build upon the foundation of 12 instead of going the infinity engine route. Seems like it's even more glitchy than last year.

I'll live though, thanks to the inclusion of the season pass. :grouphug:
Sums it up pretty well. I'll probably play my league games and nothing else. I played a bit of MUT last night but can't get the difficulty off of Pro :/

After patch or two this will by far be best madden on this gen. Game plays much smoother then madden 13. Yes the def is bad other the all madden but it will be patched according to madden team on maddens forums. Why would you be mad owner mode is back? It should have never left back like 7 years ago. People expect way to much at this point madden is nfl football you can only do so much to the game.

[SIZE=12pt]Sorry guys but I’m bowing out of the league before it starts. I was the Cardinals, so they are up for grabs now. My schedule has been too busy and I can’t guarantee that I’ll have the time required to play in this league. Plus I can’t pass up best buy’s $45 guaranteed trade in value until Oct 4th. Good luck to all. [/SIZE]

What doom (and I) are alluding to is that the game isn't improving and will probably take a step backwards on X1/PS4 (same as it did with 360/PS3). NBA2K is a prime example of a game that improves every year, adds new modes, and also had no competition for several years.

I love playing Madden and have bought every iteration of the game for as long as I can remember (think Madden 94/95), but to sit hear and say that 2D crowds that all act the same, tree based commentary, and an untuned physics engines makes for the best madden ever is a joke. Sure it is the best Madden ever, but it is nowhere near where it should be. 

After patch or two this will by far be best madden on this gen. Game plays much smoother then madden 13. Yes the def is bad other the all madden but it will be patched according to madden team on maddens forums. Why would you be mad owner mode is back? It should have never left back like 7 years ago. People expect way to much at this point madden is nfl football you can only do so much to the game.
opinionated.gif

People expect better because they're pumping money into the series hoping for improvement. The Show improves every year, why can't Madden? A physics engine that still can't touch 2k5 eight years later? That's sad.

And nobody is mad that owner mode is back.

opinionated.gif

People expect better because they're pumping money into the series hoping for improvement. The Show improves every year, why can't Madden? A physics engine that still can't touch 2k5 eight years later? That's sad.

And nobody is mad that owner mode is back.
this year show did not improve over 12 that much but my guess is all their money was going into dev for ps4.

What doom (and I) are alluding to is that the game isn't improving and will probably take a step backwards on X1/PS4 (same as it did with 360/PS3). NBA2K is a prime example of a game that improves every year, adds new modes, and also had no competition for several years.

I love playing Madden and have bought every iteration of the game for as long as I can remember (think Madden 94/95), but to sit hear and say that 2D crowds that all act the same, tree based commentary, and an untuned physics engines makes for the best madden ever is a joke. Sure it is the best Madden ever, but it is nowhere near where it should be.
you can't blame the crowd and commentary on EA to be honest. the crowd is thanks the current systems being so outdated and same with the commentary. Every sports game on current gen has awful crowds and commentary even nba 2k which is the best sports game. We should have had new systems at least two years ago already. but i agree im not sold on the x1 madden yet and will be playing this one till i see reviews or can rent maddden for x1.

but yes it's just my opinion just like everyone here and i enjoyed connected franchise and madden 13 and love it even more in 25 i already traded in my ncaa 14 which was 100 times worse then madden.

2k14 on next gen systems will not have crew games for your myplayer

I dont think this madden is so bad. The game just realeased and I think its way better than 13 and EA is putting fun back into the game, yes it will have its faults but I have been playing agianst my homeboys and had some good games.

Doom our game the other day was a classic and I held AP down to 40 yards so the defense can play a factor but the game was wild and exciting so yea it wasnt the most realistic but it was fun to actually play madden again

I don't think it's bad, it's just not as good as it should be seven years in like staticz said. 

And yeah that game was crazy. My secondary was gassed by the end. AP had less than 10 carries, had to throw more than I wanted to stay in that game. 

if madden 25 is amazing good on next gen systems then we know it was the power of gen "3" holding the game back. other then the real sweet physics back breaker was far worse then recent maddens when it came to gameplay.

you can't blame the crowd and commentary on EA to be honest. the crowd is thanks the current systems being so outdated and same with the commentary. Every sports game on current gen has awful crowds and commentary even nba 2k which is the best sports game. We should have had new systems at least two years ago already. but i agree im not sold on the x1 madden yet and will be playing this one till i see reviews or can rent maddden for x1.

but yes it's just my opinion just like everyone here and i enjoyed connected franchise and madden 13 and love it even more in 25 i already traded in my ncaa 14 which was 100 times worse then madden.
Have you played 2k? The commentary, crowds, and everything else is head and shoulders above Madden. Current gen my ass, that is a piss poor excuse for using the same crowd model since the 360 launched. I've stuck up for the devs quite a bit in the past, mainly because I understand what it takes to build a full fledged application and can assume the same principals apply to game development, but EA is mailing it in.

2k14 on next gen systems will not have crew games for your myplayer
Ah that will suck for the 5 people that play it. Personally I rarely play 2k basketball online, I enjoy the single player experience much more. With that said, it is an omission for the next gen hopefully everything else is there.

if madden 25 is amazing good on next gen systems then we know it was the power of gen "3" holding the game back. other then the real sweet physics back breaker was far worse then recent maddens when it came to gameplay.
Did you play Madden 06? EA has a track record of re-building the games for next gen systems. Expect 5 steps backwards

Have you played 2k? The commentary, crowds, and everything else is head and shoulders above Madden. Current gen my ass, that is a piss poor excuse for using the same crowd model since the 360 launched. I've stuck up for the devs quite a bit in the past, mainly because I understand what it takes to build a full fledged application and can assume the same principals apply to game development, but EA is mailing it in.

Ah that will suck for the 5 people that play it. Personally I rarely play 2k basketball online, I enjoy the single player experience much more. With that said, it is an omission for the next gen hopefully everything else is there.

Did you play Madden 06? EA has a track record of re-building the games for next gen systems. Expect 5 steps backwards
it's possible we have a maddne 06 with that said these next gen systems are pretty much pc and are programmed like pc so i got hopes seeing Ea has done decent work on pc i have hope.

nba 2k games have pretty much used the same crowds since launch of these systems also and that is considered the best looking sports game on this gen but this is nothing to fight over its all just opinions.

My disc was freezing on the home screen too. I sent it back to amazon and have a brand new copy on the way, should be here first thing Monday.

bread's done
Back