Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

They include practice squad and IR players in their roster updates, this is something they did last year as well.
I was looking at it from the website, and it said 60 players on roster / 60 players active, which is why I wasn't sure. I thought I remembered last year that when they did the week one update, you just started with 53 players and didn't have to cut anybody before that opening season.

I was a little worried about my selection of Buffalo after my first couple of games online with them. I started off 1-3. But after a little more time with them, I am happy with what I have to work with. A little worried about age(a lot of inconsistent play from my younger players) and injury(thank god the slider was turned down, maybe spiller will live through the season) with them, but we'll see how the game handles those. Anyway, after playing with them online I have finalized my trade block and have a pretty good idea of what I need.

Buffalo Team Needs- Preference is younger players 23-28 year olds that I can work with. Most of my positions that I need, I have an older player that is suitable for now, just need to start working towards replacing them.

RB- Preferably in the 70-79 range. No need for a superstar with Spiller/Jackson, but they both have had injury issues and i'd rather not rely on Choice if something happens to them.

FB- Preferably in the 70-79 range, looking for a run blocker more than a pass catcher.

TE- Any overall range, but i'm looking for a pass catching type. I have 2 run blocking types already.

OL- Looking for a young guard 70-79 range, preferably a run blocker.

DE- This is the only position that i'm looking for a starting type player. Currently have a 73 Ovr with the body type of a DT starting and would prefer to have a quality pass rusher there. This is also one of the positions that age doesn't matter to me, willing to take on an older player.

DB- I prefer Man coverage corners and will only be looking to add a safety if one of mine is traded.

Buffalo Trade Block- All overalls will be pulled from offline depth chart so they are accurate to the players actual rating. 

WR- Brad Smith- 29 Years Old, 73 Ovr, 91 Speed, 93 Agil, 87 Accell, 94 Elusive, 98 Ball Carrier Vision, 92 Spin, 95 Juke, 81 Carry, 83 Throw Power, 68 Throw accuracy. He'll make a good kick/punt returner and wildcat quarterback for anyone looking for that type of player, just buried on my depth chart.

DT- Alan Branch- 28 Years Old, 82 Ovr, 94 Strength, 87 Power Mv, 92 Block Shed, 6'6, 325. Typical NT space eating DT.  

FS- Jim Leonhard- 30 Years Old, 75 Ovr, 83 Speed, 85 Accell, 78 Awr, 73 Catch, 79 Play Rec, 63 Man, 73 Zone

SS- Jarius Byrd- 26 Years Old, 95 Ovr, 87 Speed, 93 Agil, 93 Accell, 75 Awr, 81 Catch, 88 Play Rec, 74 Man, 99 Zone Cov.

Only other person that I thought about putting up here is Mario Williams, but it'd have to be a pretty lofty trade offer to move him. Especially because of the importance to my run D and the cap penalty I would most likely suffer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colts are not going to put anyone on the trade block at this time, but if someone wants to take a look at my team and make a trade. i'm willing to trade for: 

HB

DE 

DT 

CB 

also will be willing to trade draft picks if needed.

Proposed Trade:

Colts Receive:

DT, Alan Branch- 28 years old, 82 Ovr(offline), 1 year at 3 million

Bills Receive:

MLB, Kavell Connor- 26 years old, 73 Ovr(offline), 1 year at 1.6 million 

5th round pick

I need a DT, the colts only have 2 on their current roster and he is looking to improve his linebacker situation.

I have not "Started" The league per say...as i don't want people playing the cpu, nor do i want the cpu signing free agents.

As of right now, 20 people have joined.

Those who have outstanding invites, but haven't joined yet:

broadway row

hotitlnstln

augmog

og whitewidow

tanabeo

Those that don't seem to have madden 25 yet, so i can't invite your gamertag:

neworlbush25

blade3d

man2008

zurezo

x ballin (slacker44)

need a gamertag for this guy:

irideabike

Everyone on this list has been Sent a PM. To the 5 who haven't bought the game/haven't launched the game yet.... What Gives?Two weeks have passed! I've No problems handing those 5 slots out to others. Please get it done.
Sorry for not being very active, I've been very busy. I think I am going to have to drop from the league. I thought my time, and commitment would be greater. Thanks for everything y'all do, and sorry again for taking up this slot. I think I am just going to wait and possibly get Madden when the Xbox One comes out.

I have not "Started" The league per say...as i don't want people playing the cpu, nor do i want the cpu signing free agents. 

As of right now, 24 people have joined.

og whitewidow

neworlbush25

man2008

x ballin (slacker44)

irideabike

Everyone on this list has been Sent a PM. To the 5 who haven't bought the game/haven't launched the game yet.... What Gives?Two weeks have passed!  I've No problems handing those 5 slots out to others. Please get it done. 

Sorry for not being very active, I've been very busy. I think I am going to have to drop from the league. I thought my time, and commitment would be greater. Thanks for everything y'all do, and sorry again for taking up this slot. I think I am just going to wait and possibly get Madden when the Xbox One comes out.
Sad to hear that Blade. We'll welcome you back with open arms if and when you decide you would like to Rejoin us.

Because of this. i'm going to Offer DarthoftheDead the Lions.

Slacker44 and man 2008 will be joining the league today after work.
They can't join the league without an invite. They need to inform me on CAG. Not XBL when and if they've booted up their madden 25 and can begin accepting invites. I'm going to have a VERY low tolerance this year for those who do not use CAG as their primary source of communication. Bringing in friends is fine, but they either learn to communicate on Cag, or find another league. It's unacceptable, really.

They can't join the league without an invite. They need to inform me on CAG. Not XBL when and if they've booted up their madden 25 and can begin accepting invites. I'm going to have a VERY low tolerance this year for those who do not use CAG as their primary source of communication. Bringing in friends is fine, but they either learn to communicate on Cag, or find another league. It's unacceptable, really.
Send me an invite. I booted the game yeaterday

I'll invite you as soon as i get home at 7pm Est. I looked on the website and don't see the option there.
Nope. No option to send invites from the website. It cracks me up how quickly we can discover these issues that EA never seems to think of.

"Ok, I've finished creating the league. Let me turn my Xbox off and get some work done around the house."

*one hour later*

"Hey, can I get a league invite?"

*Discovers invite can't be sent from website*

"Sorry, the next time I turn my Xbox on, I'll have to make sure I load up Madden...whether I have any intention of playing it or not...so I can send you a league invite."

I swear to God, EA makes me feel like some kind of genius sometimes.

I'll be home in like 30 mins and will join league. Also my account iso x ballin is NO longer in use. I use my brothers account now GAMERTAG: dragonite92

As of right now, 26 people have joined.

slacker44

zurezo

neworlbush25

man2008

irideabike

Everyone on this list has been Sent a PM. To the 3 who haven't bought the game/haven't launched the game yet.... What Gives?Two weeks have passed!  I've No problems handing those 3 slots out to others. Please get it done. 

they might have heard not so great reviews on the game and decided not to get the game.  I know if it was not for the two cag leagues im in i would have sold it already and just wait to get it on launch day of xbox one in hopes that game plays better.

Time to start replacing people. Let's get this show going.

they might have heard not so great reviews on the game and decided not to get the game. I know if it was not for the two cag leagues im in i would have sold it already and just wait to get it on launch day of xbox one in hopes that game plays better.

But I thought this was the greatest Madden of this generation?

is there a waitlist for when someone quits the league? i'm gonna pick up the GOD on 360 and i'd love to be in on it, didn't really have a chance to get it before it got put up on GOD (i have online credit) :(

Replace with who? CAG now has three leagues which has depleted the wait list. When I first joined I was 5th on the waiting list and had to wait. Now we have 2 half full leagues and this one. Previously we were able to replace guys who didn't communicate within a few hours, now we have to deal with the CPU signing FA's if we start the league. I do believe I said this would happen several years ago, so no we'll wait on a bunch of guys who obviously never use CAG. Fero has sent multiple PMs and posted in the thread with no response.

If someone wants to offer a solution instead of telling us to get started, we're all ears.

is there a waitlist for when someone quits the league? i'm gonna pick up the GOD on 360 and i'd love to be in on it, didn't really have a chance to get it before it got put up on GOD (i have online credit) :(
I'll have Fero get you on the list and note that you can't join until the downloadable version comes out. Thanks for the interest.

I'll have Fero get you on the list and note that you can't join until the downloadable version comes out. Thanks for the interest.
well it came out a few days ago i see, it's a 6gb download i think, can anyone confirm that? i've got to clear enough space on my hard drive for it, so if anyone knows the exact amount of gigs i need to clear off i'd appreciate it. i'm gonna download it tomorrow so i should be playable come wednesday (360).

edit: i bought it, so feel free to get me on the list, 'doctor angus md' on 360' :). it's the first 'sim' football game i've bought in years so i will be awful, but i'd rather cellar dwell in a cag league than play elsewhere :).

also it was about 6.95 gigs if anyone else is wondering. yikes, oh well i've had to delete quite a few games for space recently anyway.

But I thought this was the greatest Madden of this generation?
May+I+ass+you+a+question+_d3a6bcd4105ef9f7d31ffa435896a706.gif

Replace with who? CAG now has three leagues which has depleted the wait list. When I first joined I was 5th on the waiting list and had to wait. Now we have 2 half full leagues and this one. Previously we were able to replace guys who didn't communicate within a few hours, now we have to deal with the CPU signing FA's if we start the league. I do believe I said this would happen several years ago, so no we'll wait on a bunch of guys who obviously never use CAG. Fero has sent multiple PMs and posted in the thread with no response.

If someone wants to offer a solution instead of telling us to get started, we're all ears.
Come on. You can't blame the other leagues for that. This is the final Madden on a console that is about to be replaced three months after the game released. Couple that with EA's continued "more of the same" attitude, and it's not surprising that people would be getting bored. Even go look at online ranked. I played my first game earlier, and it said there were 30 people playing and 21 looking for games. Those numbers are WAY down from last year.

Not to mention you've already had several people just decide to not get the game or to wait on the XBox One version. Just off the top of my head, BV, Blade3D, and Ultimate Matt X are regulars who aren't playing this year. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to start throwing blame around when there are numerous legitimate factors coming together to cause this.

I agree about the people who don't use CAG statement though. I'd rather have a CPU team than deal with that nonsense. And that might be your "solution". Having CPU teams is a reality we've already accepted in the Fan's League. I'd rather enjoy the game with people of a like mind (and skill level), even if it means having a few CPU teams...rather than bust my ass every couple days trying to track down slack ass people who don't understand what a league is.

If for some reason the person using the Eagles drops out, I would gladly join this league. That's really the only team I want to play with, they are my favorite team for over 20 years.

Does Anyone in here have access to other Xbox live accounts that can access madden? If we had a few brothers/friends/roommates fill the CPU teams, we can just fire the coaches when we get a real owner.

they might have heard not so great reviews on the game and decided not to get the game. I know if it was not for the two cag leagues im in i would have sold it already and just wait to get it on launch day of xbox one in hopes that game plays better.
I feel the same way, Im in 3 leagues and thats all I do because the online ranked matches have been a straight cheesefest, smh

If troy (irideabike) isn't answering PMs, his gamertag is "the joy of troy".
Thanks. I was pretty sure that is who he was, however not answering PMs or posting in the thread is part of the problem :/

Come on. You can't blame the other leagues for that. This is the final Madden on a console that is about to be replaced three months after the game released. Couple that with EA's continued "more of the same" attitude, and it's not surprising that people would be getting bored. Even go look at online ranked. I played my first game earlier, and it said there were 30 people playing and 21 looking for games. Those numbers are WAY down from last year.

Not to mention you've already had several people just decide to not get the game or to wait on the XBox One version. Just off the top of my head, BV, Blade3D, and Ultimate Matt X are regulars who aren't playing this year. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to start throwing blame around when there are numerous legitimate factors coming together to cause this.

I agree about the people who don't use CAG statement though. I'd rather have a CPU team than deal with that nonsense. And that might be your "solution". Having CPU teams is a reality we've already accepted in the Fan's League. I'd rather enjoy the game with people of a like mind (and skill level), even if it means having a few CPU teams...rather than bust my ass every couple days trying to track down slack ass people who don't understand what a league is.
Unfortunately I have to disagree. Madden sold over 1 million copies in its first week, putting it on par with most other releases. Having less people with more leagues doesn't make things any better. Sure people aren't buying the game for one reason or another, but that happens every year. The problem is that we have no one to replace them with because everyone has spread out to do their own thing.

I totally respect the other league and like what you guys do over there. On the other hand, if we took the 16 guys from that league (maybe be more) and replaced the guys who don't communicate we would have a much stronger league and community.

I feel the same way, Im in 3 leagues and thats all I do because the online ranked matches have been a straight cheesefest, smh
Ranked seems to be much worse this year. I haven't even 'practiced' much this year because it is so bad. If no one from the league is online I just switch to another game.

Ranked seems to be much worse this year. I haven't even 'practiced' much this year because it is so bad. If no one from the league is online I just switch to another game.
Yea I often switch to netflix or crunchyroll smh, because the same cheese / noob play takes place on Call of Duty and NBA2k13 , I need to get Disney Infinity or something lol

Not that this makes things any better right now but Man2008 will be dropping out the league , due partially to promotion at work but mostly due to Internet service issues with his provider.

If troy (irideabike) isn't answering PMs, his gamertag is "the joy of troy".
Troy has not been on Xbox since 9/6/2013.

Both him and neworlbush25 now have 24 hours to respond to me or staticz indicating their desire to join the league. I sent both of them a pm 57 hours ago, and now another one today indicating as such. If we don't hear from them by 10 am Est on 9/11/2013, they lose their spots. It's time to move on.

wow, looks like i picked the perfect time to pop on.  my apologies for not being around the past week or two, have a newborn (7 weeks) and my wife started up school again so things have been a little nuts.  i'll try to get on tomorrow morning, my wife has clinicals from 2-10pm tonight.

I totally respect the other league and like what you guys do over there. On the other hand, if we took the 16 guys from that league (maybe be more) and replaced the guys who don't communicate we would have a much stronger league and community.
So...your suggestion is to have people come over who have no chance of competing, get their shit pushed in week after week, and not have an enjoyable experience at all...just so you guys can have a full league to beat up on. No offence, but that's selfish as fuck. If I'm going 4-12 and not coming close to a playoff spot every year because I'm taking beatings from Doom, Chetty, Hemingway, Cru, Mog, etc. I'd rather just trade the game in. That's a ridiculous suggestion.

So...your suggestion is to have people come over who have no chance of competing, get their shit pushed in week after week, and not have an enjoyable experience at all...just so you guys can have a full league to beat up on. No offence, but that's selfish as fuck. If I'm going 4-12 and not coming close to a playoff spot every year because I'm taking beatings from Doom, Chetty, Hemingway, Cru, Mog, etc. I'd rather just trade the game in. That's a ridiculous suggestion.
You mean just like most of the guys (including Fero and myself) do every year. I'm not suggesting anything other than that we, in my opinion, would be better off having a league full of guys who want to play and communicate. That isn't me being selfish, just expressing my opinion. You act like I contend for titles every year, I've made the playoffs 3 times in 10ish seasons, so I feel like I'm more on your level when it comes to Madden - not any of the players you listed.

Furthermore, you should know by now that I value playing against other people who don't cheese over winning or playing the CPU. That is 100% opposite from what you find valuable in Madden. Playing the CPU is a waste of my time - different strokes for different folks. Like I said, you guys are obviously welcome to do whatever you want (Chetty included, doing a league in owner mode) and I like the different 'themes' you use every year. Plus some people might want to play in owner mode, give themselves a better shot at the playoffs, or whatever else. For me, I'd rather play with a group of 31 guys who enthusiastic about Madden and the league.

You mean just like most of the guys (including Fero and myself) do every year. I'm not suggesting anything other than that we, in my opinion, would be better off having a league full of guys who want to play and communicate. That isn't me being selfish, just expressing my opinion. You act like I contend for titles every year, I've made the playoffs 3 times in 10ish seasons, so I feel like I'm more on your level when it comes to Madden - not any of the players you listed.

Furthermore, you should know by now that I value playing against other people who don't cheese over winning or playing the CPU. That is 100% opposite from what you find valuable in Madden. Playing the CPU is a waste of my time - different strokes for different folks. Like I said, you guys are obviously welcome to do whatever you want (Chetty included, doing a league in owner mode) and I like the different 'themes' you use every year. Plus some people might want to play in owner mode, give themselves a better shot at the playoffs, or whatever else. For me, I'd rather play with a group of 31 guys who enthusiastic about Madden and the league.
I don't disagree with what you're saying. But honestly, I think it's a miracle that you've had guys in this league for years who have never made the playoffs. Players like Matt Young, itlnstln, or even fero are the only reason this league hasn't experienced a CPU team problem sooner. But to me, it's almost unreasonable to expect them to continue to participate when the chance for improvement is so daunting (and the league has lost players for that very reason).The fact that they have continued playing is baffling, and speaks hugely to their dedication.

You talk specifically in terms of "waste of time", and I think a fair argument could be made that participating in a league under those conditions is a waste of time. But, absolutely, different strokes for different folks. I just didn't think it was fair to throw the other two leagues under the bus for any issues this league may be having...as though "if we all just came together", everything would magically be better. That's silly.

I've Made The Playoffs once, in 15 Seasons. Off a Wild Card Win. So Yeah. GG. I like to play football with people who are enthusiastic about the game. It's not about winning for me (obviously).

I just didn't think it was fair to throw the other two leagues under the bus for any issues this league may be having...as though "if we all just came together", everything would magically be better. That's silly.
I'm just arguing that it's no surprise BOTH leagues that have been active for 2 years are now seeing a lack of members..... and it's not a coincidence that this is happening when a 3rd league has appeared. There are 6 People in the "Owner's League" that aren't in this one. Need I say more?

This is the final Madden on a console that is about to be replaced three months after the game released.

That's horseshit;) I fully believe we'll be playing madden on the xbox 360 next year if EA releases it on the 360. $500 is alot of money ...to play madden.

Microsoft has announced that it will support the Xbox 360 for three more years before phasing it out in 2016. They explained at the Citi Global Technology Conference yesterday that the eight year-old console could expect to see over 100 new games before that time comes, however.
"Mehdi was adamant that the launch of the Xbox One wouldn't have a negative impact on the Xbox 360, insisting the two can and will co-exist happily until 2016 with over 100 new games coming to the older console."We're going to continue to invest in Xbox 360, and the two devices can work in concert," he said. "So it's not like the day we ship Xbox One your 360 won't work. We'll continue to support it."

While we are on the league talk we were considering doing a 3 on 3 type tourney / mini season type thing the idea was brought up by myself via groupme chat and is still fresh but its something extra to do and not pull any people away from here but just offer up maybe one game a week and some more Madden for those who love the game. I say once a week because it will be a little complicated getting six people online at the same time, but it would be fun none the less, if you are interested shoot me a pm once the reserve is met of people interested , I will create a thread. I am open to suggestions on how it can be done, it would also be cool if you have a headset and are willing to party up with your team if need be.

I'm just arguing that it's no surprise BOTH leagues that have been active for 2 years are now seeing a lack of members..... and it's not a coincidence that this is happening when a 3rd league has appeared. There are 6 People in the "Owner's League" that aren't in this one. Need I say more?

That's horseshit;) I fully believe we'll be playing madden on the xbox 360 next year if EA releases it on the 360. $500 is alot of money ...to play madden.
That's fine. I'm just telling you that one league doesn't care if it has CPU teams. So, take it at that. It's not "about winning". It's about feeling like there is some purpose to playing your games or at least feeling competitive. I've got way too much stuff to do just to show up my bi-weekly beating. If you're ok with that, more power to you. It's just not what I enjoy spending my time doing.

I actually whole-heartedly agree with your second point. I won't be getting either next gen system any time soon. But I also won't deny that there have already been a couple people who have voiced their intent on holding off until the Xbox One to get Madden...or trading this Madden in when the Xbox One drops. Hell, Gamestop even has a program to allow people to trade up for "Only $9.99". Regardless of how cost effective any of that is, it has to be acknowledged as a factor.

I don't disagree with what you're saying. But honestly, I think it's a miracle that you've had guys in this league for years who have never made the playoffs. Players like Matt Young, itlnstln, or even fero are the only reason this league hasn't experienced a CPU team problem sooner. But to me, it's almost unreasonable to expect them to continue to participate when the chance for improvement is so daunting (and the league has lost players for that very reason).The fact that they have continued playing is baffling, and speaks hugely to their dedication.
I've been in the playoffs on a few different occasions. I just sucked badly at at Madden 13.

bread's done
Back