Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

I played BrownWing in the preseason. BrownWing specifically drafted Manziel for his 88 speed/92 acceleration. Every person here is allowed to run his team the way he chooses. Hello Tanabeo starting Pat White as his starting QB? I ran the Panthers playbook last year with Newcomer and led the league in QB runs mostly thanks to the option. Nobody complained, because it didn't help me win many games;-/ If you can't stop the option, sure, the HB's going to get a big gain. It lies on the shoulders of the DEFENSE to stop this. I played him in the preseason and defeated him, and the whole time we were on voice comms. Manziel ran 11 times for 136 yards and 2 Touchdowns. Did i complain? no. Did i call him a "Cheeser", no. I proceeded to ADJUST my defense to his gameplan and ended up defeating him. Brownwing actually stated right here that he'll adjust to it the next time he plays against it.

Good game once again. Next time we play I will be better prepared for the pistol and read option.
There's nothing in the rules that states this is cheese, nor do the commissioners think this is cheese. Everyone plays their own style of football.

BrownWing has thrown the ball 76 times for 717 yards, and ran the ball 157 times for 1231 yards. Yet everyone's complaining about his playstyle.

Let's compare this to sprice (no offense sprice, just using you as a marker.)

He's thrown the ball 144 times for 1921 yards in 5 games. He's only run it 71 times for 571 yards. Nobodies complaining about the way sprice plays the game.

There's got to be a point where we let guys play their game. Sprice has obviously found something that works stupidly well. None of us have a found a way to stop it often enough for him to "change it up"

Moving Forward. If you have a problem with how someone plays, please see a commissioner directly via pm. Dragging somebody's name through the mud publicly on the forums only leads to comments like: "Brownwing u are the definition of cheese, easily the cheesiest in the league right now." Add-on comments like these are what fuels fires. We don't need it here.

Now, if you boys want to continue to badmouth other players openly in this league, i'm happy to step down as the commissioner and let bseti run things. Just a thought for a rainy day. The reason i say this. We're already down 2 Players. With the Xbox One coming out tomorrow, I honestly don't see us lasting much past this season. The faster you throw fuel on the fire, the hotter it burns, and the quicker it dies, gentlemen. Let's keep this in mind.

We're all here to have fun. This isn't Knockout Kings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played BrownWing in the preseason. BrownWing specifically drafted Manziel for his 88 speed/92 acceleration. Every person here is allowed to run his team the way he chooses. Hello Tanabeo starting Pat White as his starting QB? I ran the Panthers playbook last year with Newcomer and led the league in QB runs mostly thanks to the option. Nobody complained, because it didn't help me win many games;-/ If you can't stop the option, sure, the HB's going to get a big gain. It lies on the shoulders of the DEFENSE to stop this. I played him in the preseason and defeated him, and the whole time we were on voice comms. Manziel ran 11 times for 136 yards and 2 Touchdowns. Did i complain? no. Did i call him a "Cheeser", no. I proceeded to ADJUST my defense to his gameplan and ended up defeating him. Brownwing actually stated right here that he'll adjust to it the next time he plays against it.

There's nothing in the rules that states this is cheese, nor do the commissioners think this is cheese. Everyone plays their own style of football.

BrownWing has thrown the ball 76 times for 717 yards, and ran the ball 157 times for 1231 yards. Yet everyone's complaining about his playstyle.

Let's compare this to sprice (no offense sprice, just using you as a marker.)

He's thrown the ball 144 times for 1921 yards in 5 games. He's only run it 71 times for 571 yards. Nobodies complaining about the way sprice plays the game.

There's got to be a point where we let guys play their game. Sprice has obviously found something that works stupidly well. None of us have a found a way to stop it often enough for him to "change it up"

Moving Forward. If you have a problem with how someone plays, please see a commissioner directly via pm. Dragging somebody's name through the mud publicly on the forums only leads to comments like: "Browning u are the definition of cheese, easily the cheesiest in the league right now." Add-on comments like these are what fuels fires. We don't need it here.

Now, if you boys want to continue to badmouth other players openly in this league, i'm happy to step down as the commissioner and let bseti run things. Just a thought for a rainy day. The reason i say this. We're already down 2 Players. With the Xbox One coming out tomorrow, I honestly don't see us lasting much past this season. The faster you throw fuel on the fire, the hotter it burns, and the quicker it dies, gentlemen. Let's keep this in mind.

We're all here to have fun. This isn't Knockout Kings.
I don't even start Johnny Football. I only played with him in the preseason for the heck of it. I have a grand total of 42 yards rushing with Alex Smith on twenty caries with him (about four per game).

While, I do still dislike the excessive read option, I should have countered it better. It was incredibly immature of me to call him out last night.

Maybe I was outta line.but u didn't play him last year. If it's not cheese to run nothing but shotgun counters all game and to take advantage of injuries being down by putting charles on kick n punt returns n running inside out everything then yea I'm wrong n I apologize.

Maybe I was outta line.but u didn't play him last year. If it's not cheese to run nothing but shotgun counters all game and to take advantage of injuries being down by putting charles on kick n punt returns n running inside out everything then yea I'm wrong n I apologize.
It's not about being "wrong" It's about contacting a Commissioner to talk about things. When you have issues with a coworker, you don't scream in the front of everyone. You contact H.R./ your boss and talk about things privately so they can be dealt with properly.

You've never contacted me or staticz about this. Sorry mate.

For the record, Cru contacted us via pm about charles, and the problem was addressed.

I specifically remember several of you who are calling Brownwing cheesy, saying that we need less rules and that people should run what they want. This came up when Mog ran one play against me for the whole game, no one had a problem with it then. 

Everything fero says stands for me as well. If you guys want to toss shit around like that, count me out. Pretty sure N8's league is a lot more strict about play style and Brownwing is still there.

I specifically remember several of you who are calling Brownwing cheesy, saying that we need less rules and that people should run what they want. This came up when Mog ran one play against me for the whole game, no one had a problem with it then.

Everything fero says stands for me as well. If you guys want to toss shit around like that, count me out. Pretty sure N8's league is a lot more strict about play style and Brownwing is still there.

Yea fair enough I personally think I just play to constrained given my interpretation of the rules in fear of being a "cheesy" player but instead I think I need to open my gameplay style up more and test the limits of my gameplay style.

I think too many of us are allowing our emotions about how things are going in the game determine what is or is not cheese. Just because what the other guy is doing is working and he does it repeatedly doesn't mean he's cheesing. Any coach in the NFL will run the same play numerous times if it works.

Instead of complaining about the one or two plays that work, figure out how to stop them and make your opponent do something else. If there is a play that my opponent cannot stop (especially a run play) I will run it repeatedly, its smart, low-risk football. In this madden the closest I've witnessed to chesse is some ranked match players dropping back 40 yards and waiting for a guy to get wide open and another guy putting his DE way off the line of scrimmage and ruining the AI of the o-line every run play. I haven't witnessed any league cheese but I do get upset about the way any number of my opponents are beating me and in the moment I'll be privately, overly critical of how he/she is playing, but that doesn't mean it was unethical.

Week 5 Games Remaining:

Patriots vs Redskins: Og vs cpu
Jets vs Steelers: 9:30-10 pm
Cowboys vs Giants: Hotitinstln vs cpu
Bengals vs Browns: 8:00 pm
Panthers vs Jaguars: Deuce needs the Jags to be put on Auto.
Lions vs Raiders: 7 pm
Bears vs Packers: Needs the Bears on Auto, due to no response by neworl.
Ravens vs Texans:

Week 5 Games Remaining:

Patriots vs Redskins: Og vs cpu
Jets vs Steelers:
Cowboys vs Giants: Hotitinstln vs cpu
Bengals vs Browns:
Panthers vs Jaguars: Deuce needs the Jags to be put on Auto.
Lions vs Raiders:
Bears vs Packers:
Ravens vs Texans:
Steelers jets looking around 930-10 jets were a no show lastnight for a scheduled game

browns bengals goin down at 8est

I was a little outta line for leanin into brownwing with the cheese comments. should have kept my opinion to myself. I didn't think he cheesed last year when he had the jags I just wasn't fond of his abuse of Jamaal Charles. especially with the shotgun counter and the return game. but I did not speak up at the time.

Colts Trade Block:

29 year old CB Greg Toler: speed 93/ MCV 92/ ZCV 84/ PRS 82/ PRC 85/ AWR 80

28 year old HB Ahmad Bradshaw: speed 90/ acc 93/ car 91/ trk 88

23 year old HB Kerwynn Williams: speed 92/ acc 87/ car 89/ trk 87

24 year old RE Bjoern Werner: speed 75/ acc 87/ pmv 90/ bsh 83/ prc 82/ awr 79 

26 year old FS Joe Lefeged: speed 91/ acc 88/ awr 80/ zcv 80/ Hit Power 83

Will listen to all offers! not really in need of anything so what i want in return may depend on the team!

Patriots @ Redskins: OG Vs CPU
Jets @ Steelers: 9:30-10
Cowboys @ Giants: Hotitlnstln vs CPU
Bengals @ Browns: 8pm EST
Panthers @ Jaguars: SIM
Lions @ Raiders: 7 pm EST
Ravens @ Texans: Status? 

IF those two CPU games won't be played by 10:30 pm EST, they're going to get simmed. 

I was a little outta line for leanin into brownwing with the cheese comments. should have kept my opinion to myself. I didn't think he cheesed last year when he had the jags I just wasn't fond of his abuse of Jamaal Charles. especially with the shotgun counter and the return game. but I did not speak up at the time.
One question I'd like to ask...why exactly is the shotgun counter any more "cheesy" than throwing to a TE...or HB screens...or running with the QB...or curl routes...or the read option...etc (haven't all of these things been brought up at one point or another?). I'm not disagreeing that the AI reacts poorly to it. But aren't there a million things in this game you could say that about now? At some point, it just feels like you have to let go of your expectations and accept that EA makes shitty games that don't play very well, and everybody is just trying to make the best of it.

And like it was mentioned, it can be stopped. Even if you have to "load up on the run", isn't that what teams are forced to do when they're being gashed in the running game? Sprice's passing prowess was brought up as a comparison. Don't you have to "load up on the pass" if you have any hopes of stopping that? I just don't see how it's really that different.

One question I'd like to ask...why exactly is the shotgun counter any more "cheesy" than throwing to a TE...or HB screens...or running with the QB...or curl routes...or the read option...etc (haven't all of these things been brought up at one point or another?). I'm not disagreeing that the AI reacts poorly to it. But aren't there a million things in this game you could say that about now? At some point, it just feels like you have to let go of your expectations and accept that EA makes shitty games that don't play very well, and everybody is just trying to make the best of it.

And like it was mentioned, it can be stopped. .
Maddens are fantastic and EA is doing a fine job.
I'm sick of the AI Always becoming a scapegoat

Easy and simple to counter cheese plays and unrealistic offense stats, play better defense, put time and thought into it, and change things up so that you're not predictable enough to get cheesed on.

I'm not a video game person, Madden, COD, GTA. But I watch way too much Football and play way too much Madden to not say something when you crap all over a game we all probably play everyday .

Easy and simple to counter cheese plays and unrealistic offense stats, play better defense, put time and thought into it, and change things up so that you're not predictable enough to get cheesed on.

I'm not a video game person, Madden, COD, GTA. But I watch way too much Football and play way too much Madden to not say something when you crap all over a game we all probably play everyday .
I agree 100%

4 wide with under two mins he didn't evem attempt to run out the clock once gg tanebo didn't like thay last seriies one bit
It was a 5 point game and the last play I ran was a 24 yard TD run with foster who before that play my team had 12 carries for 49 yards because you always played the run.

Heads up it everyone if it is a 5 point game and you're going to put 8 people on the line and cover two WRs with one player I will throw the ball.

It was a 5 point game and the last play I ran was a 24 yard TD run with foster who before that play my team had 12 carries for 49 yards because you always played the run.

Heads up it everyone if it is a 5 point game and you're going to put 8 people on the line and cover two WRs with one player I will throw the ball.
I seem to remember this coming up last year. The old "I'm not running my HB into 9 people to get murdered" convo.

I forget where the league went on that.

Okay whatever you say just didbt like the play call oh I had 9 ppl on the line I'm sorry didn't you run the first woth ur qb get real dude play the gm an not just get a cheesy first dwn to win the gm an I got a strike for doing tht

lmao...ok, company man. If EA is doing such a great job, why is there a laundry list of rules and restrictions to prevent people from gaining an unfair advantage? Seriously, are you a shareholder?

Other than that, you basically agreed with what I said though. So, good job.

Every year has a new unique set of quirky flaws.
It's still Football.

I can't design video games, this is real enough for me.

Again, Bravo EA for putting out a product that is so damn enjoyable every year.

Bc u had no ome to throw too so u did a cheesy spread the field an rum the ball with the qb but like I said before gg

That was in the 3rd and you had only rushed two that play so instead of throwing the pick I just ran.

So yes I did indeed have no one to throw to so why throw it

Sorry for the hold up. Haven't been home a night this week since we've advanced. But what a block by Boatright to win the game tonight. Definitely check that out on SportsCenter.

Colts move to 2-3 with a win over the Steelers! 

Colts 56  Steelers 28

Colts Top Players:

Luck QBR 158.3  6-7 for 142 yards 1 TD 

Harris 22 att 418 yards 7 TD 

Heyward 13 yards 1 TD 

Williams and Lee both had a Pick

Steelers Top Players:

Roethlisberger QBR 79.0 8-15 for 117 yards 3 TD 2 INT also 79 yards rushing

MJD 26 att 159 yards 

Brown 42 yards 1 TD 

Woodley 5 tackles 1 sack

Brown 9 KR for 337 yards 1 TD 

GG Yo Soy

Hemingway...7 Touchdowns, Really? at no point during the 56-28 game did you think "Hey, this guys gotten a SHIT TON OF Yards/XP/TD's....maybe it's time to sub in his backup?" 

No offense mate, but that's only slightly silly. It's late, i'm going to bed..but i'm going to talk to staticz about this tomorrow.

I don't see anything wrong with Hemingway continuing to use his player throughout the enitrety of a regular season game. He only had 22 carries. If he wants to risk injury to his guy for the xp then so be it. We can't start policing subs during blowouts in my opinion, as long as we have injuries on I think its fair game.

I don't see anything wrong with Hemingway continuing to use his player throughout the enitrety of a regular season game. He only had 22 carries. If he wants to risk injury to his guy for the xp then so be it. We can't start policing subs during blowouts in my opinion, as long as we have injuries on I think its fair game.

I approve this Message , this sums up what I was about to post lol

I don't agree, I think there's a little too much "chasing" records and MVPs in the league.

However, Doom did it all last season with AP. We didn't hear a peep.

I agree with what you said about injuries of course.

bread's done
Back