Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

BV actually addressed it last year because it's xp mining. If you all don't feel the same way I'll move on...

For the record, I'm not saying Hemingway did it intentionally to get his mediocre player lots of xp, but that's exactly what was happening last year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
BV actually addressed it last year because it's xp mining. If you all don't feel the same way I'll move on...
I don't disagree about it being mining for xp but I believe it comes with a considerable risk, which keeps it from being exploitative. I think the problem comes when guys are running up the score and I doubt that happened in this case

I don't think there's enough information to develop an opinion on this. All we have is a final score and his stat line. If he's running touchdowns in during the last minute of the game then that's XP mining. But if he gets the touchdowns in during the flow of the game, I'm not sure you can fault him for that. Like I said though, I'm not sure of the hows/whats/whens of the situation.

Do we even have injuries on? I haven't had a single player go down at all throughout the course of the entire franchise other than my one OLB who got injured twice in sims. Which reminds me....I should check up on my team after this last sim :(

I think it is beyond stupid with the way the AI system is set up that any 60-70 overall back with 95+ speed can become a star. Madden needs to find a way to balance the power and speed running backs. It is stupid how easy the outside run has become in the game and it really is ruining Madden. Running game needs a complete fix for next years Madden as what some guys have been able to do with scrub running backs is just silly.

Do we even have injuries on? I haven't had a single player go down at all throughout the course of the entire franchise other than my one OLB who got injured twice in sims. Which reminds me....I should check up on my team after this last sim :(
EA turned off injuries because of the high frequency that they were occurring at. Not sure when it is going to be fixed. Knowing EA, maybe in February.

For the record, I'm not saying Hemingway did it intentionally to get his mediocre player lots of xp, but that's exactly what was happening last year.
Backing you up on this. If I'm not mistaken, you guys turned the injuries slider down. The XP system is questionable as a tool as it is (ie. the more skilled players also get the biggest boost). But if you're not going to care about people mining XP, it's probably only fair that injuries be returned to normal levels. It's kind of stupid to have that done as a courtesy, and then have people piss all over it by putting up superhuman numbers. But yeah...there's probably a large sect of this league that doesn't care.

EA turned off injuries because of the high frequency that they were occurring at. Not sure when it is going to be fixed. Knowing EA, maybe in February.
Uhh...I'm hoping this is sarcasm, lol. Because yeah, that's not true. We're still getting injuries in our league (as recent as yesterday).

I don't think there's enough information to develop an opinion on this. All we have is a final score and his stat line. If he's running touchdowns in during the last minute of the game then that's XP mining. But if he gets the touchdowns in during the flow of the game, I'm not sure you can fault him for that. Like I said though, I'm not sure of the hows/whats/whens of the situation.
He did put his backup in with somewhere around 1:09 left in the game and again broke an outside run with best. He did dive to the ground after about 20 yrds and then knelt it out. My only problem with this game was I was not able to break every bone in his body (I couldn't catch him to do so)....I run the ball a lot its no surprisebut at some point when the games out of reach and my back has 250-300 yrds and 4-5 tds I'm gonna sub in my back up

Too much splitting hairs with this XP mining convo IMO. The great players in this league are going to put up those kind of stat lines in close games or blowouts. Happens every week, not sure how this case is unique.

from the pictures, it looks like u need to invest in your DEs' and LBs' play recognition and pursuit... those outside runs can be stopped... or at least mitigated... if ur OLB or DE takes off before the handoff. the AI is stupid but there are ways to deal with those runs.

from the pictures, it looks like u need to invest in your DEs' and LBs' play recognition and pursuit... those outside runs can be stopped... or at least mitigated... if ur OLB or DE takes off before the handoff. the AI is stupid but there are ways to deal with those runs.
Thanks....those weren't posted to bash Hemingway in anyway I think he's a great player...I just can't stop those types of runs. I would run a 4-4 with both inside backers blitzing. Pulling the line in and the linebackers out

that only works if he's running up the middle... I think it's safe to say that most people playing Madden like to run to the outside. it's just a matter of guessing which side and getting off blocks to make a tackle

Bills finally fall. Apparently, the key to beating Buffalo is to have a 3 man rush that gets through everytime, a crappy QB who throws like Peyton Manning and have Ronnie Hillman running over Mario Williams. Can't complain too much, I was due to be maddened eventually. No highlights due to it not being played at my house.

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify that I didn't intend to not give Doo Mane any credit. He played well and was able to take advantage of his opportunities, so good game to him to him.

i'm out of town since thursday after advancement. any auto requests need to be sent to staticz for the record. at a wedding out of town.(just got back into the hotel at 3:12am.)

Colts Trade Block:

29 year old CB Greg Toler: speed 93/ MCV 92/ ZCV 84/ PRS 82/ PRC 85/ AWR 80

28 year old HB Ahmad Bradshaw: speed 90/ acc 93/ car 91/ trk 88

23 year old HB Kerwynn Williams: speed 92/ acc 87/ car 89/ trk 87

24 year old RE Bjoern Werner: speed 75/ acc 87/ pmv 90/ bsh 83/ prc 82/ awr 79

26 year old FS Joe Lefeged: speed 91/ acc 88/ awr 80/ zcv 80/ Hit Power 83

Will listen to all offers! not really in need of anything so what i want in return may depend on the team!
just adding to the new page!

browns move to 6-0 after a good win over the Texans. gg Tanabeo, I was impressed with pat white. you just kind of went into a lull in the 3rd qrt otherwise you really played well. all you need is ur boy steve slaton n I think you'd be a force

browns move to 6-0 after a good win over the Texans. gg Tanabeo, I was impressed with pat white. you just kind of went into a lull in the 3rd qrt otherwise you really played well. all you need is ur boy steve slaton n I think you'd be a force
Or noel devine

Of all the times to not have my elgato setup. Crabtree breaks at least 8 tackles on his way to the endzone. Guess that fat contract extension motivated him.

bread's done
Back