Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

Sorry for not responding to the message earlier, caught a glimpse of it at work today but did not have a chance to reply. See you at the draft tonight guys.

Very pleased with the Cards off-season. Big picks up include Dez Bryant, Justin Houston and Demarco Murray. Very excited for the new additions.

Arizona Cowboys! Haha.

I'm in the market for a run blocking LG. I can send Winters your way in the deal who isn't bad but is only above average. I'm willing to part with Holmes or James Jones, and could throw in a pick too.

All this "advance to next pick" is going to get REALLLLLLY tiresome. it lags so hard when i do it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Chetty knew what he was doing trading away that first round pick. This draft is shit, at least when it comes to positions I need to fill.

I think it was better for HBs and not bad for CBs. Last draft it seemed to be crap all around at both those positions. Tanabeo grabbed the guy I was looking at right before me in the 2nd. I didn't do extensive research but he had good speed and man.

I think it was better for HBs and not bad for CBs. Last draft it seemed to be crap all around at both those positions. Tanabeo grabbed the guy I was looking at right before me in the 2nd. I didn't do extensive research but he had good speed and man.
Yea I'm surprised he was left that long I guess we are the only few that were looking for CBs from what i scouted he has decent stats.

Free Agents are Off Limits. We May get Creative this year and allow "Bundle Signings" Based on last years Record. We'll see... 

Once again, Touch Free Agents and i break out the knuckle-busting ruler. 

We'll do The Preseason (with Injuries Off) In 1 Day Increments. 

Preseason Week 1: Deadline Tuesday 11pm EST

Preseason Week 2: Deadline Wednesday 11pm EST

Preseason Week 3: Deadline Thursday 11pm EST

Preseason Week 4: Deadline Friday 11pm EST

Looks like the highest rated player overall (For what it's worth) was a DT drafted by the bears in the first round, 81 OVR

I need to sign a punter/ one that will never play a down on my team because I drafted a K to do my punting duties...so im signing the lowest punter there is

All CPU teams are now on Auto. This includes the Chargers. Play Away. 

Check the First Post of this thread if you're unsure if you need to play the cpu or not!

These "Imported rosters" have dissapointed me again. 224 Players Drafted...and the only Fast/Star players are listed below.

Bengals 69 OVR Superstar RG

Vikings 65 OVR Superstar SS

Bengals 60 OVR Fast LE
Broncos 71 OVR Fast TE
Redskins 73 OVR Fast WR 
Jaguars 76 OVR Fast CB
Vikings 72 OVR Fast LE
Saints 63 OVR Fast WR

Tanabeo, looks like neither one of us won that Kevin Johnson vs Adrian Amos CB "battle." I actually like Amos a little more for his speed and tackling but it's a wash.

He was my highest rated player at 69. TJ Yeldon was also 69 and his RB stats aren't bad. 91 speed, 98 acceleration, 96 agility, 78 stiff arm.

Yea I got fooled by the few things I scouted on him I really got bent over with my Jaxon Shipley 1st round pick 67 Catch 54 catch in traffic. My QB RB combo I drafted because they were from WVU are decent stats. 

Also don't know who had the FB Coleman before me but thanks for the 100k exp

I feel really good about my draft again. Felt better last season but, looking at the progession my Rookies made last year, I've got high hopes for this class.

1st round - Ross Apo, WR - BYU: Definition of a possession receiver (83 spd, 77catch in traffic). Route running and release will be the areas I look to improve first.

2nd round - Nelson Agholor, WR - USC: Best prospect I selected, has the highest ceiling of my drafted players (90 spd, 93 agi, 94 acc, 82 cth, 71 rte) He may start by seasons end.

3rd round - Xavier Grimble, TE - USC: Solid receiving TE prospect (83 spd, 84 acc, 69 cth), will dump XP into blocking (57 RBK) and route running (44).

3rd round - Donnie Baggs, MLB - Texas A&M: Solid LB prospect will see time on special teams to begin development (81 spd, 88 acc, 81 hit power, 60 block shed)

4th round - Deon Long, WR - Maryland: He's fast (93 spd, 90 acc) and that provides some good building blocks will have to improve catch (73) and route running (63). But he's ahead of where Josh Huff was last year and he did pretty well returning kicks and developing throughout the season so, high hopes for Long.

5th round - Arie Kouandjo, RG - Alabama: Excellent line prospect, will have starters ratings by seasons end (88 str, 68pbk, 74rbk, 60awr)

6th round - Brey Cook, C - Arkansas: Developmental line prospect (91 str, 68pbk, 59pbk 57awr) could also have starters ratings by seasons end.

7th round - Reese Dismukes, LG - Auburn: Developmental line prospect (84str, 61pbk, 58rbk, 43awr)

Looks like the CPU signed some free agents..
I'm guessing when people played their cpu games...the cpu automatically signed players to "Fill" the roster (a lot of teams had less than 45 players;--/ Not much I can do about this.

Actually.... doesn't look like the cpu made any transactions on the daddyleagues website....but hotitlnstln sure did.... seriously....i want to crack some skulls.

New York Giants Dan Bailey 77 OVR K Signed Today 10:16:05

New York Giants Le'Ron McClain 70 OVR FB Signed Today 10:16:05

New York Giants Brent Celek 88 OVR TE Signed Today 10:16:05

New York Giants Wes Welker 96 OVR WR Signed Today 10:16:05

New York Giants Kevin Burnett 87 OVR ROLB Signed Today 10:16:05

New York Giants Jonathan Vilma 84 OVR MLB Signed Today 10:16:05

Just talked to itlnstln...and he hasn't touched his team since last season.... Very Freaking Weird....(he's not on auto, either)...... He'll be dropping them tonight before our preseason game.

Once again, for those that can't read. 

Free Agents are Off Limits. We May get Creative this year and allow "Bundle Signings" Based on last years Record. We'll see... 

Once again, Touch Free Agents and i break out the knuckle-busting ruler. 

We'll do The Preseason (with Injuries Off) In 1 Day Increments. 

Preseason Week 1: Deadline Tuesday 11pm EST

Preseason Week 2: Deadline Wednesday 11pm EST

Preseason Week 3: Deadline Thursday 11pm EST

Preseason Week 4: Deadline Friday 11pm EST

49ers Offseason Report

Free Agency Pickups

With Gore and Boldin retiring while eating up major cap space, the 49ers were forced to get creative with about 4 million dollars. To start, we added Doug Legursky - LG. A serviceable flex lineman (I do a lot of line subs) Legursky is a decent pass blocker (81) and accels at run blocking (87).

The next point of emphasis was trying to replace Boldin. The Niners added both Jason Avant and Jerome Simpson in hopes of getting Kap some help. Avant, although slow, can catch (87), run routes (86), and will catch the ball in traffic (95). Simpson adds a bit of speed (91) to a very slow WR core.

Draft 

Round 1 - Josh Shaw/SS/USC - 88 SPD, 77 Zone, 75 Hit Power - Looking to move Shaw to FS as a backup, for now. He has the makings of a good player. With a year of XP, he may start.
Round 2 - Todd Gurley/HB/Georgia - 96 Carry, 91 Speed, 97 Accel - Had to replace Gore and Reynaud somehow, so I took two RBs in hopes of hitting. Gurley has a lot of upside, but needs to improve his elusivness (78) and work on that juke move (61)
Round 3 - Dominique Brown/HB/Louisville - 90 Carry, 81 Truck - A goalline back in the making. With James, Gurley, and Hunter on the roster the Niners needed someone who could potentially punch it in.
Round 4 - Cody Whitehair/RG/Kansas State - Drafted for depth and a shout out to my Alma Mater

At this point, my new boss stepped in and I had to leave the draft early.  

Round 5 - Josh Shirley/LOLB/Washington - Looks like my scouting team missed here, but he is an interesting project. 82 SPD/60 TAK/79 HPW/73 PWR/ 75 FIN
Round 6 - Eric Rowe/FS/Utah - Big project, as expected late in the draft. 88 SPD/68 Zone/65 TAK
Round 7 - Brandon Scherff/RT/Iowa - Gotta take someone in the 7th round. Pure depth, with some decent stats. 93 Strength/73 Run/57 Pass/62 Impact

Not much in the later rounds, but I'm pretty happy with my first 3 selections. I'm not sure about carrying 4 HB's, but we'll see how they do in the preseason.

Dolphins Offseason Report

Free Agency Pickups:

WR Tommy Streeter: 93 spd, 90 release, 90 catch, 90 cit, 90 route running, 84 Spec Catch. Brian Hartline being the 2nd Receiver may be in jeopardy depending on how well this kid plays in the preseason.

DT Roy Miller: The 'Fins always pride themselves in a Strong Defensive line, and this free agency pickup is no different. Superstar Dev, 90 Block Shedding, 85 Power Moves 88 Str, 87 Tackle, 86 Pursuit

The fins are in desperate need of help at the Offensive Line since the departure of C Mike Pouncey, LT Brandon Albert, and LG Richie Incognito. The following signings represent the need to upgrade the line. 

LG Jacques McClendon: Superstar Dev, 84 Pass block, 84 Run Block, 87 Impact block, 87 Str. He Could be starting by midseason. 

RT Austin Pasztor: Superstar Dev, 79 Run Block, 75 Impact block, 79 Str, 69 Pass Block. Obviously a little bit of a development Prospect...but he's a great backup.

Draft

Round 1- Josh Harvy-Clemons/SS/Georgia: I Honestly took the best available... and was pleasantly suprised with the results. 85 Speed, 92 Agility, 94 Acc, 79 Awareness, 71 Zone , 73 Hit Power. He's an immediate 2nd stringer for me at SS, but he won't start until Jones Retires. 

Round 2- Hroniss Grasu/C/Oregon: 89 Str, 77 Run Block, 72 Pass Block, 75 Impact Block with Pouncey retiring...Obviously I needed help at C (not having any on my roster) He will backup a much smaller C That i've shifted from a G position...Not sure how long that will last. 

Round 3- Cameron Fleming/RT/Stanford: 90 Str, 72 Run Block, 76 Impact Block ,66 Pass Block. Solid Backup Material.

Round 4- La'el Collins/LG/LSU: 91 Str, 71 Run Block, 71 Impact Block, 67 Pass Block. More Development/Solid Backup.

Round 5- Malcolm Bunche/RG/Miami: 88 Str, 75 Pass Block, 71 Run Block, 65 Impact Block. Yay..More Development/Solid Backup.

Round 6- Russell Bodine/C/North Carolina: 89 Str, 77 Pass Block, 72 Run Block, 71 Impact Block. Pleasantly suprised by this guy, almost identical stats to the Center I took in the 2nd Round. I was going to take Blake Bortles or Storm Johnson (UCF Alum...) with this pick but...both had already been taken, Blasphemy!

Round 7- Kyle Prater/WR/Northwestern: 86 Speed, 89 acc, 90 Agi, 87 Jump, 82 Spec Catch, 70 Catch, 67 CIT, 64 Route Running, 53 Release. At this point...There's no more "decent" Linemen for me to even bother...so i took the tallest WR on the board...This guy won't make my roster....as i'm carrying 8 WR's through the preseason

I'm Really happy with my Free Agent signings, and pretty happy with my top 6 Rounds of the Draft. The only bad news is that i'm currently carrying the most players of any team in the league, with 60. Time for some unhappy players. 

I wouldn't say the rosters disappointed... there really arent too many day 1 starters in real drafts but there are guys that, after a preseason, start to make a name for themselves. u just have to temper your expectations

I wouldn't say the rosters disappointed... there really arent too many day 1 starters in real drafts but there are guys that, after a preseason, start to make a name for themselves. u just have to temper your expectations
my issue is that clowney is a starter... no matter what team you have...Mostly...when i drafted him he was a 69?70 ovr....with horrible stats....just kills me.

I'd like to put forth the idea of using sliders since we have so many CPU teams. A challenging game against the CPU could still make for a fun game/sesaon. I think interest is really lost when guys have no motivation to play the CPU and end up having numerous games simmed etc.

I don't have a set of sliders that I could put forward but I'm sure it wouldn't take long to find a competent set.

my issue is that clowney is a starter... no matter what team you have...Mostly...when i drafted him he was a 69?70 ovr....with horrible stats....just kills me.
That is annoying, I agree. But I do also like people aren't getting players better than current nfl studs right out of the draft. It's more realistic and with the XP system you can turn even late round picks into serviceable players.

That is annoying, I agree. But I do also like people aren't getting players better than current nfl studs right out of the draft. It's more realistic and with the XP system you can turn even late round picks into serviceable players.
Clowney's Stats (Now)- Avg Dev. 84 speed, 91 str, 93 acc, 87 Agi, 77 Tackle, 88 Hit Power, 68 pursuit, 81 Play Rec, 86 Block Shedding, 87 Finess Moves,48 Zone Coverage, 60 Awareness

Jordan's Stats (1 year Later as well) - Avg Dev. 85 Speed, 67 Str, 94 Acc, 86 Agi, 87 Tackle, 90 Hit Power, 93 Pursuit, 83 Play Rec, 91 Block Shedding, 94 Finess Moves, 78 Power Moves, 76 Zone Coverage, 88 Awareness

So Widdow is banned from the league?

He wants to play and we know that he will play his games. Any chance he can re-join?

Widow Quit. 4 or 5 People witnessed this. Then his actions during Free Agency and the Draft confirmed this. His "username" is still in the league. I've not booted him whatsoever from in game. But he didn't attend the Free Agency Rounds, Didn't Resign his players, and Didn't attend the draft. What else am I supposed to think? As I told og in a pm last night, i'll talk to staticz tonight (After he gets home) about whether or not we want someone like him still in the league for the rest of this year. Before i continue, i'm not saying anything here that i haven't already told him directly in a PM. His attitude over the last 2-3 months has frankly sucked. He hasn't seemed to care about madden much, except for when he missed the playoffs due to a mistake. Then....to top matters off, he let the Patriots release 18 players due to not bothering to care enough to resign them. '

He originally asked me to switch teams. IF we decide to let him stay, he'll stay with the patriots. For the same reason i won't let itlnstln switch from the Giants to the Lions. They Both Ruined the teams you had. As you make your bed, so must you lie upon it.

Edit:

What else are we to make of this post?

Is this the last season? I'm done

Perhaps due to a fatal occurrence my season is over. Is this the last season you are playing? -my team clearly geared for that season with about 1/3 the league dropping out.

Chiefs get killed 58-14. That was a really fun game. I am really glad you left Newton in the whole game. I would have hated for that preseason game to be close.

In other news, my defense is garbage.

And....Deuce..Go Sign a Scrub QB. If you play your week 2 Preseason game with only Cam on your roster, you're getting a strike.

Dark..that's why he didn't play another QB...which is ridiculous. 

And....Deuce..Go Sign a Scrub QB. If you play your week 2 Preseason game with only Cam on your roster, you're getting a strike.

Yeah, I gave him pity last year when he did the same thing. However, it kind if annoyed me that he did it this time.

The daddyleague site doesn't seem to like the preseason, but if you play the Jets this week I would be happy to play Wednesday before advancing. I want to test out some of my new players.

what's ridiculous is I'm being threatened with a strike over something that doesn't matter. #1, as stated, I did this last season. I signed my backup in the first FA period we had, nobody cared then... #2, Cam was limited to handing the ball off for most of the game after the first qtr. Cam's stat line: 7-11, 146 yds, 2 tds 1 int, 2 carries for 6 yds, 1 td.

my run game put up 305 yds... only 38 of that was gained by my starting rb (and Cam's 6 yds) in the first qtr. my back up rbs killed the defense and I'd also like to know what Cam has to do with his QBs going a collective 7-19, 123 yds, 1 td 4 ints. the fact that Cam played the whole game shouldn't be an issue since I intentionally didnt use him at all after the first qtr. my back ups destroyed his, but that is ignored simply because I only had one qb on my roster? nice......... I've signed Ryan Mallett

I don't care about his stat line. Play like the rest of us do or find somewhere else to play. It's the fact that you've brought it upon yourself without asking to "go against the grain" and be "different". That's not how things work around here. Tannehill didn't play my whole preseason game, WHETHER or not he threw the ball. If you'd like to play Cam the whole game, i'll gladly turn injuries back on. You seem to forget that players who PLAY in the preseason games get xp progression. so Mr. Newton got 3 more quarters of progression than anyone else in the league. 

On to my next point. Ryan Mallett is not a Scrub Qb. There are 7 teams that need to sign a QB as soon as we open up Free Agent signings, and only 5 Decent Qb's left on the market, now that you've grabbed him. I'd imagine you're going to drop him after preseason, but I'm surely not one to guess what you're going to do. 

Everything matters. Even the small things. 

bread's done
Back