MadWorld - $29.99 NEW at GameStop starting this Friday

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
One of the "cool" GameStop employees I always talk to when I'm there told me that they'll be selling MadWorld for $29.99 brand new starting this Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pete5883']So has anyone gone and confirmed this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was already stickered at $29.99 at the GameStop at Rockefeller Center, NYC, plus it's in the online newsletter ad so it's a go.

I ended up buying Klonoa for $30 instead of MadWorld, which made me chuckle for some reason.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO'][quote name='hostyl1']Why would Zak & Wiki even approach 'shovelware'? The game has an interesting story, clever puzzles, and a unique style. While I dont think Capcom spent multi-millions developing the title, the game is fully featured and doesnt scream "budget title".

Hmmm.... Shovelware is too harsh of. A word... I just guess the use of the wiimote could be considered gimmicky?[/QUOTE]
Only if you acknowledge the wiimote itself as gimmicky. Zack and Wiki was one of the first third party developed motion based games that wasn't a party type mini-game collection. They built the game around the controls, not stapled motion controls onto a game.

[quote name='chakan'][quote name='WuGgaRoO']
Only if you acknowledge the wiimote itself as gimmicky. Zack and Wiki was one of the first third party developed motion based games that wasn't a party type mini-game collection. They built the game around the controls, not stapled motion controls onto a game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The definition of shovelware pretty much comes down to getting the feeling the developers took no time in developing the game at all and simply wanted to make a quick buck. You can tell they put work into Zack and Wiki, and it is actually a pretty enjoyable game. The motion controls work well.

On the other hand, Anubis II is the exact definition of a wii shovelware title. Besides the fact there is no Anubis I :). I know I know, it is technically Anubis The Second, but still.

I bought MadWorld toady from GS.
I know the associates at the nearest GS pretty well and after explaining to them I was debating btw CoD4(PC),LoYs:b1+2 and MadWorld, they told the "MadWorld sale" was a weekend sale.

P.S, I bought NMH last Feburary as a birthday gift to myself ($50), I DO NOT regret it......one bit!

Yes, I'm not getting this game based on the short length of it. Because I can spend $30 on a fun 6 hour game, or a fun 50 hour game. I just want my money's worth. MMO's don't apply here because they sacrifice fun for lasting appeal and are thus riddled with boring.

Say I'm on a tight budget and can only afford 1 game for the next month. Say I'm deciding between MadWorld and Halo3 and they're both the same price. Two quality games, one that's so short I'll only spend two or three days playing it, or one that has replay value that will last me for months.

That is why. I'll definitely play MadWorld at some point, but not for $50, not for $30, because I have other games I want that are equally good, but longer and the same price. I like getting my money's worth simple as that.

just got hosed for a price match at bestbuy... went to the one on 6th ave. in NYC and at first they printed out the 49.99 online price.. then i told em to call... BB CLAIMED it was 49.99.. then i called GS myself..the same one.. and it was 29.99

THEN i went to customer service... and showed them the flyer.. and they told me they don't price match gamestop...

long story short... i'm going to another one in jersey where i am treated as a human being

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']just got hosed for a price match at bestbuy... went to the one on 6th ave. in NYC and at first they printed out the 49.99 online price.. then i told em to call... BB CLAIMED it was 49.99.. then i called GS myself..the same one.. and it was 29.99

THEN i went to customer service... and showed them the flyer.. and they told me they don't price match gamestop...

long story short... i'm going to another one in jersey where i am treated as a human being[/QUOTE]
So when a game is cheaper on a competitor's website, they won't PM, but when it's higher than a competitor's printed ad, they check it out.

Also, from their policy:
What is considered a local retail competitor?
A retail store located in the same market area as your local Best Buy store.

I would bring them the ad, the policy, and if they give you trouble and want to call GS, say you'd like it to be on speakerphone so you can hear as well.

The last time I paid full price for a beatemup was The Bouncer.

Needless to say, I overcame that traumatic memory and bought this today while preordering Punch-Out. Thanks OP. Although the game locked up on me at the Big Bull part on the first stage. Which is annoying because the only save points are at the end of stages.

Edit: Stupid question, but this doesn't have a reworked engine from God's Hand does it. The two seem remarkably similar, with MW obviously improved.

[quote name='strayfoxx']Stupid question, but this doesn't have a reworked engine from God's Hand does it. The two seem remarkably similar, with MW obviously improved.[/QUOTE]

Well, define engine... really. The gameplay mechanics are WAY different, with a whole different design philosophy down to the core from God Hand.

I bought this game a few months ago when it was released. Sure it's short, but it's very worth it. For anyone who doesn't want to bother with a 6 hour $30 game, I won't bother trying to convince you. But to those on the fence, get it. Even though you can beat the game quickly, there's nothing stopping you from playing levels over and trying to get higher scores. Plus, it's just fun! If you don't get bored by the end of the game, chances are you won't get bored playing levels over again. The gameplay is the same throughout, so unless you hate the game, they really isn't a reason to not continue playing after you beat it. Plus there is local multiplayer which is kind of fun. Mostly it's just the minigames from the maingame, but smashing enemies into a dartboard with a baseball bat just never stops being fun.

[quote name='chess']This will be under 20 in a few months I suspect...[/QUOTE]

This is my thought as well. I'm waiting for $20 or less.

If Amazon price matched, I could use my eca discount and get it for $27. I would maybe consider that.

[quote name='Hoffer']This is my thought as well. I'm waiting for $20 or less.

If Amazon price matched, I could use my eca discount and get it for $27. I would maybe consider that.[/QUOTE]

At $10 I would jump at this game . . . at $15 I will likely buy it.

I don't care about the length of the game. My problem is more that I have such a backlog of games that I don't "need" another sealed game to just sit around on a shelf.

[quote name='Hoffer']This is my thought as well. I'm waiting for $20 or less.

If Amazon price matched, I could use my eca discount and get it for $27. I would maybe consider that.[/QUOTE]

Your wish has been granted. Amazon is now selling it for $29.99.

bread's done
Back